Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I basically didnt work the last 6 months of my time in. Seriously I just stayed at home and went to appointments, no one even checked in on me more than once a week, usually to sign some poo poo. It still was a phenomenal feeling to get a fake letter from obama and a 214 handed to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I think we all basically feel like this when the paperwork comes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc7TWJhaF7M

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I basically didnt work the last 6 months of my time in. Seriously I just stayed at home and went to appointments, no one even checked in on me more than once a week, usually to sign some poo poo. It still was a phenomenal feeling to get a fake letter from obama and a 214 handed to me

That's nice. I got continuously hosed with to the point of getting an Article 15 (to the bewilderment of pretty much the entire company minus the very few people directly involved) because the CO was upset that people were getting excited about ETSing and wanted to "send a message". This all happened within twenty days of terminal leave.

You may be ETSing within a month but that doesn't mean there's no PT standards and you will do remedial PT for not getting above a 90% on the run roger?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Justin Tyme posted:

That's nice. I got continuously hosed with to the point of getting an Article 15 (to the bewilderment of pretty much the entire company minus the very few people directly involved) because the CO was upset that people were getting excited about ETSing and wanted to "send a message". This all happened within twenty days of terminal leave.

You may be ETSing within a month but that doesn't mean there's no PT standards and you will do remedial PT for not getting above a 90% on the run roger?

How true this is! I just got done fighting that bullshit

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I got thrown into a position I knew nothing about a year before my ETS. Then I was continually hosed with for 3 months until I got out. gently caress you cock sucking faggots, I hope you pieces of poo poo get loving evisecerated in a car crash and burn to death while your intestines are spilling out. You deserve the army and the army deserves you if you gently caress with people because they're happy to get out. I literally wish death upon the people that did that poo poo to me. I already had enough poo poo to deal with from my first deployment, I was already broken. I needed to get out. God I fantasize about finding my old CO, 1SG, and the cocksucker in charge of me who got pinned his 6 because he's cockgobbling human being, and loving decapitating them.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Thank you for your service

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I've been scheduling as many appointments as possible and basically being unseen, the other day my section ncoic saw me and said "I thought you already ETSd" 2 more months to go.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Justin Tyme posted:

the only reason I think that my unit was ok with it was because I negatively impacted the recruiting mission lol.

they were wanting to reassign me to a reserve unit (IDK how that would loving work) until I was done. WTU is like a PCS level event here so they couldn't do that either.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

the only reason I think that my unit was ok with it was because I negatively impacted the recruiting mission lol.

Doing god's work :patriot:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Icon Of Sin posted:

Doing god's work :patriot:

i think they liked me though, I mean I did get a retirement AAM after all

edit: actually I didn't get a retirement award technically, the period it covered was just my time in recruiting :unsmith:

edit2: now I'm getting legit mad again uggggggggggggggh

edit3: ok ok I'm calming down, I said to myself "at least I'm not mcnally"

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 1, 2016

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

just a daily reminder gently caress you if you're still in

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
awards for time accrual are dumb as gently caress anyway tbf. "here's a ribbon for the x years of dick sucking you did while the green weiner went to town on your out hole."

this is doubly true for deployment awards where the awardee held the distinction of holding the requisite rank for ~1 year and the only thing of merit they did required choking down kbr chow on their way to/from powerpoint dickfests.

sane society doesn't give two fucks about your arcoms or bronze stars w/o v devices

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fucitol posted:

society doesn't give two fucks about your arcoms or bronze stars w/o v devices

lol, civilians don't know enough about awards to know anything like that.

I had a couple of dumb civilians convinced that the CAB was a wreath around the weapons you used when you engaged the enemy. :smuggo:

I also pointed out what wimps all the CIB guys were for using their rifles. lol

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Mike-o posted:

Yeah I got thrown into a position I knew nothing about a year before my ETS. Then I was continually hosed with for 3 months until I got out. gently caress you cock sucking faggots, I hope you pieces of poo poo get loving evisecerated in a car crash and burn to death while your intestines are spilling out. You deserve the army and the army deserves you if you gently caress with people because they're happy to get out. I literally wish death upon the people that did that poo poo to me. I already had enough poo poo to deal with from my first deployment, I was already broken. I needed to get out. God I fantasize about finding my old CO, 1SG, and the cocksucker in charge of me who got pinned his 6 because he's cockgobbling human being, and loving decapitating them.

Thank you for your service. Hooah.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

just a daily reminder gently caress you if you're still in

It's 2016 and people are still in the army? gently caress you.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'm just loving bitter. I kept out of trouble, did my job well, saw a lot of hosed up poo poo. And that is what I got, the "gently caress you if you're getting out because you're a buddy fucker if you don't love the green weenie". Gotta stop giving fucks though, I'm out and shouldn't give a gently caress.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mike-o posted:

I'm just loving bitter. I kept out of trouble, did my job well, saw a lot of hosed up poo poo. And that is what I got, the "gently caress you if you're getting out because you're a buddy fucker if you don't love the green weenie". Gotta stop giving fucks though, I'm out and shouldn't give a gently caress.

Is there anything wrong with your record/discharge/214/etc?

I helped an old veteran get his discharge corrected to honorable a few years ago. He had gotten wrongly screwed by a commander.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
fortunately no, but they tried to hold me up after the aforementioned SSG split my lip open after I told him what I thought of him after him and the 1SG made an NCOER calling me a piece of poo poo and taped it up in the office window. i was being told by the MP office I had to clear the whole thing with my CO since we were both charged with assault for fighting. he was sent to MP jail for a day while i was getting my face stitched up. i was in the process of clearing, and stupidly just said gently caress all this poo poo. i had about 80% of all my clearing done, somehow walked into whatever office it was, got my DD214 and loving walked.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mike-o posted:

fortunately no, but they tried to hold me up after the aforementioned SSG split my lip open after I told him what I thought of him after him and the 1SG made an NCOER calling me a piece of poo poo and taped it up in the office window. i was being told by the MP office I had to clear the whole thing with my CO since we were both charged with assault for fighting. he was sent to MP jail for a day while i was getting my face stitched up. i was in the process of clearing, and stupidly just said gently caress all this poo poo. i had about 80% of all my clearing done, somehow walked into whatever office it was, got my DD214 and loving walked.

This is the kind of thing that would make me use the battalion commander's open door policy (they all have one, or something like it). But water under the bridge at this point. Take pleasure in knowing that he thinks about you, and rages, constantly.

I also have a serious problem with anyone under the age of 30 being a 1SG or CO. The national guard may be a bunch of old dudes playing soldier, but they do have actual human beings in charge that have actual real lives/jobs/families. There's a certain level of maturity that I enjoy seeing in their commands that you don't often get with active duty officers who've only every lived the military life since they were 17.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

spacetoaster posted:

This is the kind of thing that would make me use the battalion commander's open door policy (they all have one, or something like it). But water under the bridge at this point. Take pleasure in knowing that he thinks about you, and rages, constantly.

I also have a serious problem with anyone under the age of 30 being a 1SG or CO. The national guard may be a bunch of old dudes playing soldier, but they do have actual human beings in charge that have actual real lives/jobs/families. There's a certain level of maturity that I enjoy seeing in their commands that you don't often get with active duty officers who've only every lived the military life since they were 17.

Every CSM I've had that's old has been a huge dickhead while the younger ones have been cool dudes so idk about that.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ace of Baes posted:

Every CSM I've had that's old has been a huge dickhead while the younger ones have been cool dudes so idk about that.

Yeah. But I did say that people who've lived the Army, and nothing else, since they were 17 are messed up.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

edit: actually I didn't get a retirement award technically, the period it covered was just my time in recruiting :unsmith:

lol

they gave my wife a posthumous arcom you got hosed

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Going through this now. Essentially there is no loving thing as an ETS award because the nomination 1) has to have first hand accounts of the events and 2) cannot be awarded for something they've been awarded for previously and in the AR it makes NO distinction between regular awards and ETS awards.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Also my last 2 ncoers have been a 4/4 which is hilarious because e bullets don't match he rating at all, my old 1SG had a hard on for me and she was Satan. The last one was a 3/2 for whatever reason. I realized at that point gently caress them

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I don't loving care what anyone else says, the army is a big stupid gradient where you're allowed to get away with poo poo in like the middle of your enlistment, but the closer you get to ETSing the more and more you need to act like you did when you first got to your unit: a clueless yes-man scared to do anything wrong.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

As got closer to ETS, I kept seeing what I could get away with. As it turns out, a Death Korps of Krieg OPFOR outfit for months and reciting a WH40k speech in front of the company at morning formation the day I left was what I could get away with.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I went from being the unit superstar to the pariah overnight because I had the audacity to get injured while deployed to the point where after my fully completed tour (to include torch AND trail parties) the Army decided it didn't want me. That was cool, except I thankfully was able to avoid 95% of the bullshit because my unit was moving from Carson to Hood and they just plopped me and some other dudes from the regiment into a temporary company.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh god being moved to hood from carson would be horrendous

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Every time I drive near Kileen I think, "whoever shoots Hood up next is doing those guys a favor"

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Vasudus posted:

I went from being the unit superstar to the pariah overnight because I had the audacity to get injured while deployed to the point where after my fully completed tour (to include torch AND trail parties) the Army decided it didn't want me. That was cool, except I thankfully was able to avoid 95% of the bullshit because my unit was moving from Carson to Hood and they just plopped me and some other dudes from the regiment into a temporary company.

Had a similar situation with a dude who was just about to attend SFAS with a perfect PT score and all around great guy- the kind who will eat poo poo off a plate with a grin and always have your back, until he tore up his knee and needed surgery. The surgery didn't work/help, so he was deemed a malingering fuckwit and shamed at every possible opportunity. Seems like a trend in the Army.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Have they released those poor schmucks at Drum yet?

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

this all happened because they got complacent

need to remain cognizant of where your nods are

nco's should have been doing pccs and pcis of their joes

joes should have been doing 5s and 25s

(also gently caress them because they're still in)

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/news03/fort-drum-releases-some-of-locked-down-soldiers-20160302

1 company still on indefinite lockdown.

Assuming 6 tiny companies in a rank structure I guessed/made up, being paid for 50 hrs a week (I have no idea how much you work or how much you get paid for, plus theres all the allowances and things.), at rates I got from some site I found on the internet, and getting an MRE each day , a battalion of 462 soldiers costs 2585.07 /hr. They appear to have been on lockdown for about 96 hrs, costing conservatively $248,166.72, or approximately 62 times the value of the NVE.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Mar 2, 2016

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

You get paid the same whether you're on vacation, work a half-day with four-day weekends on either side, pull a normal 9-5 or are on 24 hour duty. Meals are also built into the pay for the majority of soldiers. Army doesn't really suffer doing this, only the dudes who have to sit around.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Justin Tyme posted:

I don't loving care what anyone else says, the army is a big stupid gradient where you're allowed to get away with poo poo in like the middle of your enlistment, but the closer you get to ETSing the more and more you need to act like you did when you first got to your unit: a clueless yes-man scared to do anything wrong.

This is only true if you're not surrounded by people worse than you, I'm barely at work anymore because I'm close to getting out, but no one gives me poo poo because there are two other people in my platoon who miss accountability or disappear without letting anyone know al, the time. So my rear end is fine because I always show up for accountability and show face when I'm not loving off with some bs appointment,

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Jaguars! posted:

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/news03/fort-drum-releases-some-of-locked-down-soldiers-20160302

Assuming 6 tiny companies in a rank structure I guessed/made up, being paid for 50 hrs a week (I have no idea how much you work or how much you get paid for, plus theres all the allowances and things.), at rates I got from some site I found on the internet, and getting an MRE each day , a battalion of 462 soldiers costs 2585.07 /hr. They appear to have been on lockdown for about 96 hrs, costing conservatively $248,166.72, or approximately 62 times the value of the NVE.

Standards hooah

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Jaguars! posted:

At this point what is being accomplished by keeping them on lockdown? I doubt by now they have any more dufflebags or gorilla boxes to search. If it hasn't been found by now you're going to have to maybe look somewhere else.

Haha gently caress you guys you're still in

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

SumYungGui posted:

At this point what is being accomplished by keeping them on lockdown? I doubt by now they have any more dufflebags or gorilla boxes to search. If it hasn't been found by now you're going to have to maybe look somewhere else.

Anyone who was on the fence about reenlisting probably made up their mind by now :laugh:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

SumYungGui posted:

If the unit's XO is worth anything he secretly started the FLIPL as soon as he found out the NVGs were missing.

Then he could just approach the commander with it once everything is falling apart like some agent of the dark side. "Sir, just sign this and all your trouble will go away." :smugdog:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
at this point I'm sure the discussion has been had by the joes to all pitch in and pay for the damned things just to be able to go get drunk, showered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

at this point I'm sure the discussion has been had by the joes to all pitch in and pay for the damned things just to be able to go get drunk, showered

If that is allowed to happen I want the commander hung. :colbert:

• Locked thread