Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Billy Elliot posted:

It's up on the EU store and will be up on NA tomorrow.

Great, thanks. Following the link to the EU one shows it's not up on the AU store yet, but if it's in those two stores Aus shouldn't be far behind.

I loved UC2 multi, didn't like 3 as much due to the various costs of upgrades. Still, the way movement works in the multi is really awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
Yeah, I'll give it a shot. I was going to look at getting UC4 to play single player and likely re-sell it on eBay afterwards. But if the multiplayer sticks well, I might keep the game for MP.

kirbysuperstar posted:

How big of a download is the UC4 beta?

9.6GB

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Oh, thanks. Not too bad, I guess. Maybe it won't take an entire day to download.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

The forums are dying Cloud

Forums as a concept are dying, now you just comment on youtube videos

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Forums as a concept are dying, now you just comment on youtube videos

Or up vote reddits

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ineffiable posted:

Or up vote reddits

Reddit's system is the absolute worst for discussion because it's basically made to answer questions and upvote the correct question. Now when you apply it to opinions and assign those opinions "Correct" values it just makes a pile of poo poo eventually

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
If I were to preorder a game on the Playstation Store while signed into a US account (with no PS+ membership), would I be able to use the DLC that comes with the preorder if I switch to my PS+-having EU account, or does DLC only work on the account that bought the game? I know you can't buy DLC from a different region than the one you were in when you bought the game, but I'm not sure if that means I'd never be able to use DLC for a game that I didn't buy the EU version of.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It doesn't matter which account you use after you've bought it, DLC just has to match the region and account you used to buy the main game originally.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Skjorte posted:

If I were to preorder a game on the Playstation Store while signed into a US account (with no PS+ membership), would I be able to use the DLC that comes with the preorder if I switch to my PS+-having EU account, or does DLC only work on the account that bought the game? I know you can't buy DLC from a different region than the one you were in when you bought the game, but I'm not sure if that means I'd never be able to use DLC for a game that I didn't buy the EU version of.

Assuming the DLC itself isn't a consumable, it should work from any other account as long as your US account has your PS4 set as its primary console. The rules for consumables vary and sometimes will only work for that specific account, it depends on the nature of the items in question.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/01/beta-for-playstation-4s-3-50-update-starts-soon-key-features-detailed/

Some nice new social features planned for firmware 3.50, and confirmation that, although it won't be in the beta, they're planning remote play for PC and Mac.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/01/beta-for-playstation-4s-3-50-update-starts-soon-key-features-detailed/

Some nice new social features planned for firmware 3.50, and confirmation that, although it won't be in the beta, they're planning remote play for PC and Mac.

Will this necessitate an official windows driver for ds4 or will it be possible to get full functionality without it in the remote play program?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Oh wow, PS+ has gone beyond the bottom of the barrel and is scraping deep into the dirt with this month's lovely offerings. Christ.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I really liked the co-op multiplayer in Uncharted 3, so if they have that in Uncharted 4, I will probably hit that up on between playing Rocket League.

I liked the competitive modes too, but at the end of the lifetime, it became one team of randoms vs. one team of guys who knew where you were going to respawn in and left grenades there all match

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Looks like we're getting I Am Alive for PS3 instead of Super Stardust HD. Nice?

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
All the games except for Broforce are up to claim now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Broforce is up on the EU store at least

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hope you guys got the Fallout 4 Season Pass, because it's :retrogames: now.

$50US/$70CAD for the Season Pass now (a $20/$30 increase).

Bundle price is now $110US/$150CAD.

Heavy Rain is up, looks to be $10CAD on its own but I'm guessing that's because I own B:TS PS4. Bundle for both games is $40CAD.

And appears to be a Resident Evil sale this week.

univbee fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 1, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
And while the USA PS+ gets Reality Fighters, Japan gets:

Broforce - PS4
HELLDIVERS - PS4/Vita/PS3
Muramasa The Demon Blade - Vita
Street Fighter ZERO2' - Vita/PS3/PSP
Galgunvolt - PS4/PS Vita
Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram (basically Steins;Gate after stories) - Vita
SIMPLE1500 Series Vol.39 THE Mahjong 2 - Vita/PS3/PSP

Plus this theme:

So, whatever is going fucky with PS+ recently, it's only for the USA. Buy more games, i guess.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mithaldu posted:

Broforce - PS4
Galgunvolt - PS4/PS Vita
Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram (basically Steins;Gate after stories) - Vita

Plus this theme:

So, whatever is going fucky with PS+ recently, it's only for the USA. Buy more games, i guess.

this is not fair

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

Looks like we're getting I Am Alive for PS3 instead of Super Stardust HD. Nice?
Well, I'm remotely interested in that!

Wasn't it supposed to be one of last month's games that got changed last minute? I faintly recall something...

e: yup. So, Super Stardust HD confirmed for April? :v:

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
I'm happy for PC remote play.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh, thanks. Not too bad, I guess. Maybe it won't take an entire day to download.

Do the pause/unpasteurized trick when downloading. Brings big downloads from hours to minutes. Don't know why it widths, but it does.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Mithaldu posted:

Broforce - PS4
Galgunvolt - PS4/PS Vita

Plus this theme:

I have been wanting to try HellDivers for a while now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

this is not fair

I'd agree if I didn't already have all of tho.... Wait, GALgunvolt? :raise:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Broforce is up and free for PS+ in the NA store, or at least the CAD branch of same.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Billy Elliot posted:

Do the pause/unpasteurized trick when downloading. Brings big downloads from hours to minutes. Don't know why it widths, but it does.

All the heat of the Pasteurization process boils off the bandwidth I guess. :haw:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I'd agree if I didn't already have all of tho.... Wait, GALgunvolt? :raise:
That's what they call Mighty Gunvolt, cause I guess Galgun is a bigger name than Mighty No 9

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Another PS2 for PS4 game is suppose to popup sometime today: Max Payne.

Edit: Looks like it got posted in error, got pulled from the blog announcement list.

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 1, 2016

mobius42
Dec 19, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Will this necessitate an official windows driver for ds4 or will it be possible to get full functionality without it in the remote play program?

If it is similar to the unofficial Remote Play app, you setup a secondary account and can just use your controller normally.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

ayukawa posted:

I have been wanting to try HellDivers for a while now.

There are also two helldivers threads here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3704314 # old, before PC release

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758257 # new, after PC release

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Safe Driver posted:

Another PS2 for PS4 game is suppose to popup sometime today: Max Payne.

I just bought these on steam this past weekend. You're welcome, PS4 gamers.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Mithaldu posted:

Broforce - PS4
Galgunvolt - PS4/PS Vita

We just got Helldivers and we had Muramasa before. Street Fighter Alpha 2 was also dirt cheap a few weeks back. Does anyone want Galgun or Mahjong? No one got shafted. :/

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mobius42 posted:

If it is similar to the unofficial Remote Play app

Why would it be?

In any case, it seems likely that if Sony are going to do an official remoteplay app, we might get official DS4 drivers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reality fighters is still 13$ on the us store so be careful claiming the free games

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Dewgy posted:

All the heat of the Pasteurization process boils off the bandwidth I guess. :haw:

I love auto correct.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

homeless snail posted:

That's what they call Mighty Gunvolt, cause I guess Galgun is a bigger name than Mighty No 9

It actually exists, at least.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I kind of assumed Assault Android Cactus would also be out today because it was one of the PS+ options and I'm kind of annoyed that it losing appears to also have delayed its release for whatever reason (unless the store is still updating and it'll get added later)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

mrEkli posted:

Does anyone want ... Mahjong?

I would gladly take Mahjong over Galak-Z. I do not think Galak-Z is a very good game at all.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Mahjong is actually fairly popular among many people, and has a lot of replay value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

mrEkli posted:

Does anyone want Mahjong?

It would be nice to get a proper Mahjong game that isn't restricted to a Yakuza game or buying of those PSOne Classics. I miss playing Funtown Mahjong on 360

• Locked thread