Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Legs don't work that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maybe they do in whatever dystopian future that's from.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Endless Mike posted:

Maybe they do in whatever dystopian future that's from.

The 1990s?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Having lived through the 90s, I think "dystopian future" is a perfectly adequate descriptor.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Latest Wonderella made me chuckle hard at Batman's profile picture.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Cangelosi posted:

Legs don't work that way.
That's just Bebop's secondary mutation.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Like there's any other kind of news from the gorilla galaxy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That Flash costume makes me wonder if anybody's ever done a costume for him featuring a spoiler.

I mean, other than the skeleton costume from Crisis On Infinite Earths

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Like there's any other kind of news from the gorilla galaxy.

No news from the gorilla galaxy is good news from the gorilla galaxy.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

yaffle posted:

Holy crap Gammarauders. I had no idea there was a comic. I still have the board game somewhere.

How is the board game?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I guess I can't be too shocked that there's so much intergalactic antigorillism today, in Trump's America.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I have so many questions about this, and none of them are even about the gorilla Superman. Owlwoman is one of the greatest heroes of all time? Why are there three Atoms? What are those things hanging off the side of the Flash's head? Is Wonder Woman a zombie? Does Aquaman have blue hair?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Tiggum posted:

I have so many questions about this, and none of them are even about the gorilla Superman. Owlwoman is one of the greatest heroes of all time? Why are there three Atoms? What are those things hanging off the side of the Flash's head? Is Wonder Woman a zombie? Does Aquaman have blue hair?

DC One Million.

Wonder Woman is a clay statue and rules Venus, Aquaman is made of water and rules Neptune. Flash has Mercury, naturally. (Batman, by the way, runs Pluto as a prison planet)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Heartiac is the greatest character Mark Millar has ever created.

e: Were these panels even funny? Welp. I still feel that the gestalt impression of Heartiac is delightful enough to stand in this thread.

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Mar 1, 2016

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Source your drat pages, Squizzle!

The DC One Million trade is obviously missing some amazing stuff. Gorilla Galaxy, a Multiversity school, Heartiac. Shouldn't a group of Atom's be called a Molecule, or is that the joke?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

"Cardiac" seems like a no-brainer name, but welp

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

hup posted:

"Cardiac" seems like a no-brainer name, but welp

Marvel beat them to the punch on that one.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tiggum posted:

I don't know what they are, but Flash One Million has some triangles floating around him.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

WickedHate posted:

DC One Million.

Wonder Woman is a clay statue and rules Venus, Aquaman is made of water and rules Neptune. Flash has Mercury, naturally. (Batman, by the way, runs Pluto as a prison planet)

Was completely unaware that Tingle was part of any DC continuity, good to know Nintendo's open to crossovers...

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

Source your drat pages, Squizzle!

The DC One Million trade is obviously missing some amazing stuff. Gorilla Galaxy, a Multiversity school, Heartiac. Shouldn't a group of Atom's be called a Molecule, or is that the joke?

The DC One Million 80-Page Giant! :flashfact:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

If I'm remembering correctly DC One Million also gave Resurrection Man a special wrist-mounted suicide machine that would kill him in specific ways to make him resurrect with specific power sets.

Actually, does anyone have the panels from the Hitman/Resurrection Man crossover where he just keeps shooting him the head until he comes back with a useful power (consensually, of course)?

e: wrist mounted suicide machine is also the name of my band

Mover fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 1, 2016

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Oh god, is the bottom left character the DC One Million Creeper? Aaah.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

joehonkie posted:

Oh god, is the bottom left character the DC One Million Creeper? Aaah.
Yup.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

I don't know what they are, but Flash One Million has some triangles floating around him.

After centuries, those lightning bolts around Flash evolved into self-aware hovering triangles.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

They're fast-forward triangles, to show that he's gotta go fast.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

WickedHate posted:

DC One Million.

DC One Million was so loving mind warping on the time travel angles and Superman Prime, Lois Prime, making Kyle awesome. Gotta love Morrison, and how he just casually makes the ending of All Star Superman casually tie into DC One Million.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 1, 2016

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Huh, I don't think I'd ever seen the stuff outside the trade before. Did they expound on Owlwoman at all? She's obviously a Nite Owl reference with that costume but I can't imagine they'd go into any detail on that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Woah, Len Kaminski wrote that? That seems like a really good fit.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Woah, Len Kaminski wrote that? That seems like a really good fit.

He wrote the whole 12 issue run. I've heard a lot of people like it, but I've only skimmed the 1M issue myself.

There should have been a Scare Tactics #1,000,000 as long as I have you all here.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 1, 2016

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Sizone posted:

How is the board game?

Pretty good fun, provided you are playing with people who are willing to skate over/ignore the rules that conflict with each other and whoever plays the kangaroo always winning. I'll dig it out and play it again when both the kids can read/cope with defeat.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

prefect posted:

He's sponsored by Doritos. They're a tasty snack for when he needs a boost of energy to beat the bad guys.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

'80s. I loved that comic.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

PantsOptional posted:

Huh, I don't think I'd ever seen the stuff outside the trade before. Did they expound on Owlwoman at all? She's obviously a Nite Owl reference with that costume but I can't imagine they'd go into any detail on that.

She's half-Qwardian (mother's side), and serves the Hawkperson "fly real good" role! She's a p. major character in that story (the one with bad news from the Gorilla Galaxy), so I'd recommend tracking it down.

The 853rd century Atom owns. Morrison writes his origin story in a different story from the same 80-page giant, with Cully Hamner art. He can break down into multiple smaller himselfs, and when he breaks down far enough, the little Atoms can arrange themselves into atomic structures, forming any material they understand well enough. Atom cross Metamorpho cross Firestorm. For his actual Tragic Science Origin, read the story. Or just ask here.

Also, the Legion of Executive Familiars:

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
DC One Million was the best event and I won't hear anyone saying anything to the contrary.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

KaosMachina posted:

DC One Million was the best event and I won't hear anyone saying anything to the contrary.

tell me of the emptyquotes of your homeworld, usul

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

We should take the DC 1,000,000 talk to the DC thread where we can properly express our love for Justice Legion A, and Robin the Toy Wonder.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

yaffle posted:

Pretty good fun, provided you are playing with people who are willing to skate over/ignore the rules that conflict with each other and whoever plays the kangaroo always winning. I'll dig it out and play it again when both the kids can read/cope with defeat.

I've still got, seemingly, forever before the child can understand boards games and the wife has no patience for anything I like so I guess I too must wait to storm the big nada on the back of a giant gorilla.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

It's a tremendous pain in the rear end to make a new thread on mobile, or I'd get cracking on a DC One Million thread. It can p. clearly support a few pages of focused conversation on its own, without interrupting or being interrupted by Hey solicits are out or Latest re-reboot creative teams announced! or I'm Scott Lobdell and here are my effortposts about Jason Todd and anime breasts chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I don't know anything about DC One Million but I'd like whoever makes the thread to title it One Million D.C.