Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

if you don't write-in dril, you are not a Real American™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Brannock posted:

Ten delegates seems like a lot for American Samoa, it has 55k people

It had 284 caucus-goers in 2008. Also, it only has 6 pledged delegates.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

The worst part of the night will be when people start posting screenshots of posts Trump supporters made pretending to be Bernie supporting melting down.

Pretty much

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hahahaha

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

I've never really understood why they are popular with the black community. Despite being "really friendly" with the black community, Bill's presidency saw them being pretty much screwed over, along with such things as the "super predator" remark from Hillary, and some subtle dog whistles during the 2008 primary occasionally, and now Bill stumbling on the whole race thing during speaches. I don't see anything on her web site that really makes her better than Bernie with regards to racial inequality/injustice. There just seems to be this weird narrative that the Clintons are great for black people without much I've seen to back it up.

As far as I can tell from my own family, the "super predator" comments and tough on crime stuff are actually supported by some black people. They have this kind of... I don't really know a term for it, but I guess a "black people pull your pants up" narrative (thanks Hannibal Buress!). You know, like what Bill Cosby used to be known for before everyone finally noticed the rape allegations that had been on his Wikipedia page for ten years.

I don't agree with that view, my parents don't, but when we go to my grandma's house for holiday dinners you'd better believe there's a lot of talk about how our community is dying because of black men not being responsible, young women being loose, etc. Stuff that wouldn't be out of place in a Republican speech, coming from black people.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
I think the candidates should show their commitment to the black community by releasing a series of interracial sextapes

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The objective is humor, idc if the source is real or imaginary. Besides how do you know the fake sanders supporters aren't really hillary supporters. A cruel lot we are.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Brannock posted:

not really, it's just that there isn't much new blood being brought in. this is true for nearly every message board on the internet. still plenty of discussion, and having a conversation here is miles better than trying to do it on reddit/twitter/whatever
Where is the new blood going? Twitter where you can't really have discussions?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

This is a photoshop, by the way, for the people who don't know.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472?lang=en

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Despera posted:

The objective is humor, idc if the source is real or imaginary. Besides how do you know the fake sanders supporters aren't really hillary supporters. A cruel lot we are.

Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, buy GOOOOOOOOOLD!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Josh Lyman posted:

Minecraft themed scat and vore forums

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

FourLeaf posted:

As far as I can tell from my own family, the "super predator" comments and tough on crime stuff are actually supported by some black people. They have this kind of... I don't really know a term for it, but I guess a "black people pull your pants up" narrative (thanks Hannibal Buress!). You know, like what Bill Cosby used to be known for before everyone finally noticed the rape allegations that had been on his Wikipedia page for ten years.

I don't agree with that view, my parents don't, but when we go to my grandma's house for holiday dinners you'd better believe there's a lot of talk about how our community is dying because of black men not being responsible, young women being loose, etc. Stuff that wouldn't be out of place in a Republican speech, coming from black people.

That view kind of reminds me of the views the free blacks had of the slaves before and during the Haitian revolution. They viewed themselves to be better than the slaves, who even they thought of as dumb primitives, despite the fact that a good amount of them were either freed slaves themselves or descendants of freed slaves. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you are saying, which I apologize if so. The similarity just kind of struck me based on what you said.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

40-Degree Day posted:

This is a photoshop, by the way, for the people who don't know.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472?lang=en

Thanks dude

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Despera posted:

It's ok you don't have to justify your hobby to us we are all goons here

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

like we'd tell you, gramps

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I like reading sanders meltdown posts but its pretty obvious when their fake and that kills the enjoyment for me.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I see I missed some tuna meltdowns

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TwinsensRevenge posted:

like we'd tell you, gramps
Well I am 30 now :corsair:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The entire CBC voted for all the tough on crime bills in the 90's so hunting for classic GOP racism in the Clinton admin is kinda silly. Really the worst was in 2008, but this cycle owns because of how much uniquely black problems have gotten attention.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I like reading sanders meltdown posts but its pretty obvious when their fake and that kills the enjoyment for me.

So does my wife's son.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Josh Lyman posted:

all the young people are using social media apps, yeah. twitter isn't even really that popular either

we're seeing a weird kind of re-coalescing back into communicating with your local personal circles

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah I can't talk to people I know so social media is just terrible

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Brannock posted:

all the young people are using social media apps, yeah. twitter isn't even really that popular either

we're seeing a weird kind of re-coalescing back into communicating with your local personal circles

Social Media is mostly annoying garbage so that is pretty understandable.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Some of these voter interviews on MSNBC are pretty good. On why hes voting for Kasich, "Because I've been to Ohio about four times this past year for high school reunions and wrestling matches and I haven't hit a single pothole."

Is this what you think about when you get real old?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/eliotnelson/status/704704999570468864

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

The worst part of the night will be when people start posting screenshots of posts Trump supporters made pretending to be Bernie supporting melting down.

Hell, I'm not even a trump supporter and I'm going to be doing this

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

That view kind of reminds me of the views the free blacks had of the slaves before and during the Haitian revolution. They viewed themselves to be better than the slaves, who even they thought of as dumb primitives, despite the fact that a good amount of them were either freed slaves themselves or descendants of freed slaves. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you are saying, which I apologize if so. The similarity just kind of struck me based on what you said.

I don't really see it like that, it seems to be more like a problem where after the Civil Rights Era there was hope that everything would be fair and OK, but now its 50 years later and black people are still doing worse than everyone else. But because explicit legalized segregation was outlawed, they can't blame it on a racist system anymore, so the criticism turns inwards. And I think that gets mixed up with all older people's tendency to bemoan what the younger generation is doing, so it becomes "young black people are squandering what we fought so hard for and holding us back from the better future we wanted."

The issue with that viewpoint is how it ignores how institutional racism continued long after the Civil Rights Era with redlining, the War on Drugs, and many other ways black people were/are kept segregated and prevented from accumulating wealth. But that stuff is harder to notice because it was done more subtly and with the help of dogwhistles, so it gets ignored in favor of respectability politics.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

punch drunk posted:

Some of these voter interviews on MSNBC are pretty good. On why hes voting for Kasich, "Because I've been to Ohio about four times this past year for high school reunions and wrestling matches and I haven't hit a single pothole."

It's a reason not to vote for Rick Snyder.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

punch drunk posted:

The only thing I know about Ohio is that people who choose to live there are super into wrestling. The high schoolers in singlets kind, not the entertainment kind, although they might be into that too.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

punch drunk posted:

a couple years ago I had to drive down to tennessee for a fencing tournament, and one thing I noticed was how smooth the roads are down south

the Midwest is a mess of bumpy, potholed roads and, much as I dislike Kasich, it is actually a point in his favor that Ohio's roads are smooth

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Mrit posted:

Social Media is mostly annoying garbage so that is pretty understandable.

settle down there grandpa

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When should the earliest results come in tonight?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Grouchio posted:

Several hours before you read the OP or the thread title, most likely.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Grouchio posted:

Just come back tomorrow morning and stare at the smoking crater.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I voted for Bernie Sanders in Massachusetts a dew hours ago. I hope he wins and everyone has a good day today! :)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
What time is Trump's victory speech scheduled?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Joementum posted:

Several hours before you read the OP or the thread title, most likely.
I read the OP thread title first; I was wondering how long it would actually take the bumbling counters to start counting afterwards.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

poty posted:

7:01 PM EST

Here To Help
Aug 16, 2008
I'm excited for tonight got some beers and gonna have a nice ol' time. Hopefully we're gonna see some primo trump gloating :beerpal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

poty posted:

He gave it last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-s7eG2ckN4

• Locked thread