Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

it's probably a safe bet to say that spender did not choose his S.O. based on their cooking ability.

edit: also drat there's no way Spender's faces on panels 2 and 3 were unintentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That alt text is really funny, because I just reread the comic last week and was thinking "drat, Isabel's family is clearly not hurting for funds and she has a flip phone" before remembering that the panel I was looking at was like 4-5 years old.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Zach is going to retcon this page so that the next page isn't a jeans retrieval arc :allears:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Countblanc posted:

That alt text is really funny, because I just reread the comic last week and was thinking "drat, Isabel's family is clearly not hurting for funds and she has a flip phone" before remembering that the panel I was looking at was like 4-5 years old.

Also Isabel is still in middle school and middle school kids tend to get hand-me-downs as their first phones.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Countblanc posted:

Do you really think Gramps would give a fancy smart phone?

Hell, even the flip phone is pushing it. He probably expects her to just yell really loud.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

VerdantSquire posted:

it's probably a safe bet to say that spender did not choose his S.O. based on their cooking ability.

it's actually the huge unmedicated third degree burn on his torso that he's too cool and responsible to have a doctor look at

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
100 pages and 14 months later we're back at the first page of the chapter in media res.

oddium posted:

i like that where other people would put like "IIIIIIIIiiiiii" or "I..." zack just draws a really long I

Scott McCloud approves.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

YES bread posted:

it's actually the huge unmedicated third degree burn on his torso that he's too cool and responsible to have a doctor look at

Ya, was going to say more likely the horrible burn. Which again makes me wonder why he tried to do the "I can handle it" line with Lucifer of all things. Force of stupid habit I guess.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

VerdantSquire posted:

It's the girl from Ring, calling it now.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Also Isabel is still in middle school and middle school kids tend to get hand-me-downs as their first phones.

Hell, I know plenty of parents that get their younger kids dumbphones new. Can't get up to unmonitored internet crap, they're tough, and their batteries last forever. Turn off MMS on the plan while you're at it.

Also flipphones are excellent for dramatic gestures.

When Paranatural started we were on the iPhone 4.

Brannock posted:

100 pages and 14 months later we're back at the first page of the chapter in media res.

Almost. Spender still has to get briefed and figure out he's moved on from Jeff to one of the teachers.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Feb 24, 2016

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

You now have the right to complain about Zack missing an update

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

I wouldn't phrase it like that, but yeah that's something I'm honestly surprised it took him until now to do

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

flatluigi posted:

I wouldn't phrase it like that, but yeah that's something I'm honestly surprised it took him until now to do

Wasn't he in college? Judging from the timeframes involved I think he may have graduated recently, which makes sense that now he's looking for support to turn the comic into his actual full time job.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
*clears throat noisily* As a patron of Zack Morrison I feel it is my right to have no less than two (2) pages every week and furthermore

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Honestly, it's about time.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Poison Mushroom posted:

Honestly, it's about time.

It's also about time that we finally got to the opening scene of this chapter.

edit: one thousand dollars on the person Hijack possessed being someone else who was coincidentally in the room at the same time.

VerdantSquire fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 27, 2016

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
What if he hijacked Spender?

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Fecha posted:

What if he hijacked Spender?

Yeah, but then how would Hijack absolve Max of his bus jumping crime as an apology?

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

you are an artist

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Please never stop with your gif magic.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Oh, right.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
oh my god, normally i think copy/paste panels aren't that good but when pulled off correctly, it's just comedy gold.

Even better that Mr. Starchman didn't have any reaction whatsoever

Also good job Burger for making it even more weird.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Both movies of The Thing are very good and I appreciate that the new one is actually a prequel to the (definitely better) 1982 one rather than a remake.

Also fucks sake Guerra what the hell are you doing letting a 12 year old watch The Thing

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Both movies of The Thing are very good and I appreciate that the new one is actually a prequel to the (definitely better) 1982 one rather than a remake.

Also fucks sake Guerra what the hell are you doing letting a 12 year old watch The Thing

There are only two movies of The Thing: the 1950s one and the 1982 one. :colbert:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Good God, his Patreon has almost hit $1500 a month already.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don't get patreons but good for Zack. Also I'm glad this whole patreons thing didn't start while poo poo like CAD or Dominic Deegan were around.

EDIT: Jesus, questionablecontent's patreon makes almost 8k/month :eyepop:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

MonsieurChoc posted:

the 1950s one

The what

Poison Mushroom posted:

If anyone deserves it it's that guy.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

... the original?

I'm not sure what's confusing about that.

Also I hope his patreon numbers go even higher.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I genuinely had no idea the one with Kurt Russell wasn't the original. Probably because it's always rendered as "John Carpenter's The Thing" implying it was his IP

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Renaissance Robot posted:

I genuinely had no idea the one with Kurt Russell wasn't the original. Probably because it's always rendered as "John Carpenter's The Thing" implying it was his IP

The 52 one is very different from the two later movies, but it's one of the best of those '50s Sci-Fi/Horror movies. I'd recommend if your a fan of that genre, but if not you probably wouldn't get much out of it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
According to the original poster, the proper title is
THE THING
from another world !

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Paranatural is one of the most polished, well drawn, and well written webcomics I've ever read, Zack absolutely deserves to be able to work on it as a full-time gig. A patreon of about 3k a month is enough to live off, 5k a month is a full-time job.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Poison Mushroom posted:

Not surprised. and I don't meant it in a pedantic way. When he still had comments on (before it turned into a goddamn festering pile of poo poo hate mongering assholes like the internet does) he had quite a few number of peeps commenting on each chapter.

Also helps he is buddies with gigi which probably helped as well.

But regardless good for him. :)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

He really needs to leverage the merch potential, I think, if he wants to properly live off it.

Space Balls Paranatural the Flamethrower! :flame:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don't get patreons but good for Zack. Also I'm glad this whole patreons thing didn't start while poo poo like CAD or Dominic Deegan were around.

EDIT: Jesus, questionablecontent's patreon makes almost 8k/month :eyepop:

There's not really much to get for patreons, it's a way for people to support creators they like in an appreciable and straightforward way, plus methods for said creators to then kickback to those supportive fans with exclusive content. It fills a niche that's badly needed filling for a long-rear end time now and it's a very good idea.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Poison Mushroom posted:

He really needs to leverage the merch potential, I think, if he wants to properly live off it.

GAME (L)OVER tshirts are sorely needed.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Poison Mushroom posted:

For most people, if your product isn't already super popular merch isn't going to do much for you.

LoadingReadyRun does sketch comedy, game streams and podcasts. They make most of their money from their Patreon, followed by Twitch subscriptions. Merch outpaces YouTube ad rev, but not by much.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Rotten Cookies posted:

GAME (L)OVER tshirts are sorely needed.

I would buy that. And if there were a shirt that could somehow go from Insolent Children to hole, I'd buy the utter poo poo out of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I want a shirt that says Pants.

Counterpoint: QC sells new shirts constantly.