Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Powercrazy posted:

Idgi. She endorsed him didn't she?

No. She endorsed Rubio. She used her SotU response to bash Trump.

But don't worry, everything's fine in the GOP. They're totally going to be one big happy family after the convention.

https://twitter.com/frankthorpNBC/status/704741691442524160

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I'm thinking that not quite winning Iowa has actually been beneficial to the ol' Trump.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

Seriously, I've never seen something fall so loving flat so fast. It's the worst line of attack on the guy, what's it mean? It's his family's name before they immigrated? Okay? So it sounds silly? Is that what we're doing? The only people who seriously use it as an insult are those kids from high school who would always try to make "random" jokes with monkey and cheese.

John Oliver has jumped the shark mega hard.

They're courting the crucial Know Nothing demographic.

Those loving Dutch

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

No. She endorsed Rubio. She used her SotU response to bash Trump.

But don't worry, everything's fine in the GOP. They're totally going to be one big happy family after the convention.

https://twitter.com/frankthorpNBC/status/704741691442524160

Ah. Ok in that case Trumps tweet makes sense, at least as much as "sense" is possible in the world of Trump.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
https://twitter.com/DemsRRealRacist/status/704739998441021440

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Everything's fine. Nothing to worry about.

https://twitter.com/frankthorpNBC/status/704698048765677569

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lol

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

What the gently caress?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
#CruzCrew

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

loving what

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I doubt Trump said that.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Cardboard Box A posted:

sup

Welcome to Super Titan Tuesday.

lol

It's not some STRATEGIC POLITICAL LINE OF ATTACK. It's an attempt to see if his immigrant name is something he is a huge insecure baby about, like the length of his fingers. Maybe, maybe not, but it will be entertaining to see.

you came into this thread so you could talk about anime didn't you?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Sober, adult politics :^) #CruzCrew

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
The best part of that tweet is the sad face at the very end. So sad!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Mystery Goomba posted:

What the gently caress?

#CruzKnew :tinfoil:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Phlegmish posted:

I doubt Trump said that.

Yeah this is stupid, Twitter is stupid, why is it even a question if Trump endorsed or encouraged people to do that. Super Tuesday more like Stupor Tueseday

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

The last 50 tweets or so is literally a who's who of the republican senate saying "Uhhhh.... :yikes: " about a Donald Trump nomination lmao

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/NorwoodTeaParty/status/704664563657121792

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The petition to ban Trump from CPAC:

http://www.makeamericaawesome.com/urge-the-american-conservative-union-to-revoke-donald-trumps-invitation-to-speak-at-cpac/

Weedlord Bonerhitler has signed his support!

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

icantfindaname posted:

I don't think the GOP is going to explode or anything but they have finally, after 40 years, exhausted the gains to be had from simply speeding off to the right as fast as they can. And I agree that this is basically uncharted territory now, we don't have any idea how they'll react to this new reality

Oil of Paris posted:

like i said, should trump lose the general (and i do believe its quite likely that he will), i think you'll see the tea party lose a lot of their oomph. thatll hurt republican turn out significantly in the years to come, and they will have to figure out how to galvanize those people again without having Obama there as a perfect avatar for their discontentment

yeah, i agree with all of this. the really important election (if hilary wins, that is. i am not underestimating trump again) is 2020. that's the next us census and the redrawing of congressional districts. the reason the right could go full gridlock and drag most states down with conservative poo poo was thanks to insanely gerry mandered districts. i don't want to sound dramatic or anything, but this election really is the start of a fight to get a loving functional government again.

say what you will about clinton, the dems are tired of that gerrymandered poo poo and will make sure to redraw them in favor of themselves.

the problem is will hilary be popular enough to nab two terms? the dems need to not only win this election but the next (and key legislatures) as well.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

:laffo:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Seriously, I've never seen something fall so loving flat so fast. It's the worst line of attack on the guy, what's it mean? It's his family's name before they immigrated? Okay? So it sounds silly? Is that what we're doing? The only people who seriously use it as an insult are those kids from high school who would always try to make "random" jokes with monkey and cheese.

John Oliver has jumped the shark mega hard.

It's a personal jab because Trump attacked Jon Stewart for changing his name from Leibowitz.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Yea imagine how well off states like Illinois could be if they were gerrymandered by dems instead of Republicans

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

lmbo

https://twitter.com/mckaycoppins/status/704739873140264960

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Xenophon posted:

Probably because he feels comfortable enough in his lead in Super Tuesday states. It's pretty telling that he did a rally in Ohio today, and specifically said he was going to "save" Kasich for after tonight.

Also, lol at this:
https://twitter.com/lbarronlopez/status/704747157241401344

Actually, he's going to drop Trump... like a dog.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
Could be a hot dog, though. Can't yet rule it out.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's a personal jab because Trump attacked Jon Stewart for changing his name from Leibowitz.

Trump didn't change his name though, so it's a really dumb angle to take. Plus, that German article posted earlier today claims that it isn't even true that his ancestors changed the name, it's been Trump for hundreds of years.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Except it's not the same thing.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

T r a v i s posted:

You are the worst poster in this forum.

that's a mirror

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Seems like there could be issues with the Republican party coalescing around Trump in the general and supporting him whole-heartedly.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/704747986446913541

Tweet isn't showing up for me, what does/did it say?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

See, he disavowed, just like everyone wanted!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Tweet isn't showing up for me, what does/did it say?

He seems to have deleted it. I wonder why?

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

No his legal name is still Jon Leibowitz.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Sometimes the point of a joke is that it's unfair.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

PleasingFungus posted:

He seems to have deleted it. I wonder why?

Misspelled her last name, will probably repost later

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

It isn't the same thing. It's still dumb for Trump to attack Stewart over changing his name though because it's an incredibly common thing in show business. Jon Stewart is going to do better than Jon Leibowitz if only because it's easier for the host of a lovely open mic night to pronounce Stewart.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Misspelled her last name, will probably repost later

Yup, he chocked on the first tweet.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/704751393991737345

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Dapper Dan posted:

yeah, i agree with all of this. the really important election (if hilary wins, that is. i am not underestimating trump again) is 2020. that's the next us census and the redrawing of congressional districts. the reason the right could go full gridlock and drag most states down with conservative poo poo was thanks to insanely gerry mandered districts. i don't want to sound dramatic or anything, but this election really is the start of a fight to get a loving functional government again.

say what you will about clinton, the dems are tired of that gerrymandered poo poo and will make sure to redraw them in favor of themselves.

the problem is will hilary be popular enough to nab two terms? the dems need to not only win this election but the next (and key legislatures) as well.

lmao if you seriously think that the dems aren't for gerrymandering too as well. Otherwise there won't be *any* black politicians in congress at all.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I wonder what the increasing frequency of misspellings means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Jon Stewart is going to do better than Jon Leibowitz

incredibly racist and rude to the career of jon lovitz

loving disgusting filth like this has no place here. jews should keep their names proudly and not hide from their cultural background.

shame that one of the democrats running is ashamed of his background and hides it.

• Locked thread