Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

betterinsodapop posted:

Playing on PC with an old 360 Fight Stick PRO.
From what I'm reading in here, there's no reason for me to buy one of the new MadCatz sticks because they don't even loving work on PC? :psyduck:

There's no drivers for the PS4 Fightsticks yet, which is really dumb. No real reason to upgrade if you have a Fightstick that already works in xinput mode on PC, though.

Renoistic posted:

Are there any decent sticks compatible with PC?

Basically every USB stick that isn't the Madcatz PS4 sticks works on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I love mine, 100% worth the cheap price

Neat

I might pick one up then so I can do something at tournaments

I do not feel like spending money for a hitbox

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

FanaticalMilk posted:

I have an Eightarc that works with both PS3 and 360, and I've had no problems using it on the PC.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Basically every USB stick that isn't the Madcatz PS4 sticks works on PC.

Thanks! I'll have a look.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Dragon Punches were the reason I didn't get into fighting games for years and played smash instead.

Then one day I got Street Fighter Alpha 2 on my university lecture laptop.

I got a lot better at doing DPs and a lot worse at economics.

And then I realised you were meant to play fighters on a joystick and it was far too late for me.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Renoistic posted:

I have a Hori RAP 4 that I'm just using Joy2Key for until they maybe sometime put directinput support in the game. I'd say just avoid PS4 sticks and you're probably fine.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Renoistic posted:

Thanks! I'll have a look.

Be aware that controllers that don't support xinput (everything not made for xbox 360/one) will need to be mapped through xpadder/x360ce/joy2key until Capcom patches in dinput support

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Dragon Punches were the reason I didn't get into fighting games for years and played smash instead.

Then one day I got Street Fighter Alpha 2 on my university lecture laptop.

I got a lot better at doing DPs and a lot worse at economics.

And then I realised you were meant to play fighters on a joystick and it was far too late for me.

Why not get a hitbox, it's pretty much a more comfy keyboard layout and a license to be a smug jerkoff all the time!

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
hitbox users dont get invited to parties

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
So I just checked my stats at http://sfv.fightinggame.community/

Cams was right ya'll, Laura confirmed worst character in the game. Laura and R. Mika are point feeders for me, Ken seems to be the matchup that I struggle with the most.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
hitbox users are the kind of people who get anxious about the prospect of a party anyway.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Brosnan posted:

hitbox users are the kind of people who get anxious about the prospect of a party anyway.

Is it still an unwritten rule for Tekken players that if someone shows up with a Hitbox, they get taken to a back alley and beaten with a bag full of doorknobs?

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Anyone managed to import one of the newer Hori Fighting Commander pads? This one: http://www.play-asia.com/fighting-commander-for-playstation-4-playstation-3/13/709efx

I'm looking for some impressions. I've been using one of those madcatz SF4 pads for the longest time but the dpad is starting to go and I think this would be a good replacement.

Nique
May 18, 2006

angel opportunity posted:

A bunch of awesome stuff

Thank you, this is an insane amount of help for me to get started with. Potentially more important it shows how I should be thinking / analysing what I see if i actually want to improve

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

croutonZA posted:

Anyone managed to import one of the newer Hori Fighting Commander pads? This one: http://www.play-asia.com/fighting-commander-for-playstation-4-playstation-3/13/709efx

I'm looking for some impressions. I've been using one of those madcatz SF4 pads for the longest time but the dpad is starting to go and I think this would be a good replacement.

If it's anything like the Fighting Commander 4 it should be the best d-pad only controller on the market. Also, you don't need to import it: Amazon

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

FanaticalMilk posted:

If it's anything like the Fighting Commander 4 it should be the best d-pad only controller on the market. Also, you don't need to import it: Amazon

Oh cool, I didn't know Amazon had it. I'm not from the US so either way is importing it but Amazon's shipping is usually a bit cheaper. Thank you.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

croutonZA posted:

Oh cool, I didn't know Amazon had it. I'm not from the US so either way is importing it but Amazon's shipping is usually a bit cheaper. Thank you.

Yeah, Hori's gotten a bit better about having an international presence in the past couple of years. A lot more of their stuff is available on sites that aren't Play-Asia.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

croutonZA posted:

Isn't this just the non-pro version of the Fighting Commander 4? Same hardware, but it doesn't have the extended grip or rotating D-pad so it's slightly cheaper?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Haven't some people complained about the rotating d-pad? Removing that might be a feature for some. I have only heard stuff second hand here

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

cams posted:

you can search for matches while watching replays. did not know this. that is a real game changer for me.

Also if you get interrupted partway through your replay, you can use the pause menu to choose which round to start with when you go back to it.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Isn't this just the non-pro version of the Fighting Commander 4? Same hardware, but it doesn't have the extended grip or rotating D-pad so it's slightly cheaper?

It's also got one set of triggers instead of two (which you could make l3 and r3).

I'll probably stick with the fighting commander 4 I have ordered since it's 30 bucks.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Zaa Boogie posted:

It's also got one set of triggers instead of two (which you could make l3 and r3).

I'll probably stick with the fighting commander 4 I have ordered since it's 30 bucks.

This is making me consider getting the 4 instead. I prefer the Saturn-y shape of the other one but having more buttons sounds much more useful.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

croutonZA posted:

This is making me consider getting the 4 instead. I prefer the Saturn-y shape of the other one but having more buttons sounds much more useful.

Yeah, I had to do a bunch of digging to find out more about it. I mean it does sound solid, which it better as a Hori pad :v: , but I'll stick with the predecessor as it seems more fleshed out.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaTvnK218cM

?!

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Does anyone know if the Hori Fighting Commander 4 requires a PS4 controller to authenticate on a PS4?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

no rashido no listen

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

FordCQC posted:

Does anyone know if the Hori Fighting Commander 4 requires a PS4 controller to authenticate on a PS4?

No, it works by itself.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Nique posted:

Decided I want to invest most of my time into learning Bison, as he is the obviously the best character in any SF game. Also hopefully that focusing on a charge character will overcome my inherent instinct to mash. I can do a few bnbs in training quite reliably - df+HP, cMP xx blast / HK, cMP xx inferno. I'm not good enough to actually land these often in matches yet but I figure that will come with time.

My problem is in a match I have no idea what to do. What's my gameplan? From watching videos it seems to be 'use his mobility like an rear end in a top hat, lots of hk scissors and normal pressure' which I try to emulate but I really struggle at putting out consistent pressure and almost always end up on the defensive and getting stuck there.

I am pretty sure I am a victim of my knowledge far exceeding my ability to actually play the game (probably due to having watched and read a shitload but only played maybe 75 matches of sf4+5 combined) and I end up freezing and overthinking everything. gently caress it's so frustrating. I'm guessing the obvious advice would be to 'just play' but if possible I'd like to have an idea of some key, simple thing to focus on.

Just play dude, you're overthinking it even trying to ask on a forum right now. I could easily play more than 75 matches in a day if I have friends over to play. You need to gain a lot of experience through just playing, watching videos of competitive level play for instance won't get you the practical knowledge to beat mashers or those who simply have no idea what they are doing.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

The only think I don't like about the hitbox is it seems like you're paying 225 for 80 work of parts

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

ZenVulgarity posted:

The only think I don't like about the hitbox is it seems like you're paying 225 for 80 work of parts

What I'd really like is a hitbox with the buttons reversed. Since I played my entire time on keyboard I'm used to movement being sat on my right and buttons on my left.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

What I'd really like is a hitbox with the buttons reversed. Since I played my entire time on keyboard I'm used to movement being sat on my right and buttons on my left.

Couldn't we like just make our own

If you have any inkling on building a stick how much harder could it be

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Lobbies are all kinds of hosed up right now. Haven't been able to finish a ft3 all evening. :mad:

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

I don't get it? Is this guy trying to say Rashid's theme sounds like Pendulum's Watercolour or did he mess up the upload?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

ZenVulgarity posted:

So go make your own? :P

Yorkshire Tea posted:

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=12&subcat=&item=120

You could build your own with a case like this and then just flip the top panel over so that the button layout is reversed.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Magus42 posted:

So go make your own? :P

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=12&subcat=&item=120

You could build your own with a case like this and then just flip the top panel over so that the button layout is reversed.

Whoa. That case builder is reasonable.

http://imgur.com/a/plkGF

I was thinking of doing something like this.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Brosnan posted:

I can confirm this.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

Whoa. That case builder is reasonable.

http://imgur.com/a/plkGF

I was thinking of doing something like this.

After the first picture, I was really hoping they were gonna just cut holes in the cardboard box the stuff shipped in and use that.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Hydrocodone posted:

After the first picture, I was really hoping they were gonna just cut holes in the cardboard box the stuff shipped in and use that.

Hell, same.

Or

ZenVulgarity fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 1, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ZenVulgarity posted:

Hell, same.

Or

Please somebody show up at WNF with one of these :pray:

Suit and tie, leather briefcase with stick and buttons on one side. Become an internet legend.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Renoistic posted:

qanba q4raf 3in1. All high quality Sanwa parts, compatible with x360/ps3/pc. Bonus points for not having to fiddle around with xpadder or some other software to get it to work in SFV, just switch it to x360 mode and it will work perfectly.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

Suit and tie, leather briefcase with stick and buttons on one side. Become an internet legend.

Help me make it and I'll do it but at CEO or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

deadly_pudding posted:

Hell, swap the case hinges to rotate 180* instead of 90* and put a Link in there so it opens up into a stick. Would look pretty sweet.