Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Joementum posted:

Several hours before you read the OP or the thread title, most likely.

Yeah but someone's going to publish an illegal exit poll or something, right.

Come on, give us something, this time zone sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

poty posted:

What time is Trump's victory speech scheduled?

January 20

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Pinterest Mom posted:

The worst part of the night will be when people start posting screenshots of posts Trump supporters made pretending to be Bernie supporting melting down.

that's the cherry on top tho

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

tranime scholar posted:

I'm not going to support someone that I don't like or agree with. Doesn't mean that I'm not going to vote at all but I certainly won't be voting for a candidate that I don't want.

Hardline Bernie supports shouldn't consider voting for Hillary in the general as a sign of support for Hillary or an indication you agree with her. Just consider it as you aligning yourself against the Republican candidate.

If any Bernie supporter doesn't vote for Hillary in the general, they are basically saying "My candidate didn't win, I would rather let a republican win." In which case gently caress you, you petulant loving child.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Hardline Bernie supports shouldn't consider voting for Hillary in the general as a sign of support for Hillary or an indication you agree with her. Just consider it as you aligning yourself against the Republican candidate.

If any Bernie supporter doesn't vote for Hillary in the general, they are basically saying "My candidate didn't win, I would rather let a republican win." In which case gently caress you, you petulant loving child.

Just to reiterate: if you don't live in a swing state your vote for president has absolutely no value and if you do live in a swing state it has incredibly marginal value, so gently caress you you petulant loving adult vote for whoever you want.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

• Deport all the Mexicans

• Ban all Muslims

• Overturn gay marriage

• Refuse to denounce the KKK

Trump 2016

Minsky
May 23, 2001

If I grit my teeth and vote for her in the general election, I can still be all like "not my President :smug:" when she does anything bad, right? I never got to do that with Bush because I couldn't vote yet.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nanomashoes posted:

Just to reiterate: if you don't live in a swing state your vote for president has absolutely no value and if you do live in a swing state it has incredibly marginal value, so gently caress you you petulant loving adult vote for whoever you want.

Swing states only become swing states if people contest them. Stop trying to think of reasons your not responsible for what happens in American government.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

a cop posted:

No the saddest thing about this election is definitely the mom who killed her baby because she thought it was a good idea to take it to 9000 bernie rallies

The baby died because Bernie did so bad in South Carolina. I thought that was obvious?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJVROcKFnBQ

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mordiceius posted:

The progressive tendency to say gently caress you, you petulant loving child to people who disagree with them, as usual :buddy:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

Swing states only become swing states if people contest them. Stop trying to think of reasons your not responsible for what happens in American government.

Volunteering and donating is a million times more impactful than a single vote which affects nothing, hth.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Mordiceius posted:

This isn't going to happen in any significant quantity so I don't know why so many folks are always posting about it.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Did Hilary won yet? I need to start mocking all those BernieBros on my Facebook who's keep on harping about 'Free College! Free Healthcare! Standard living wages!'. SMH, they have no idea what reality is like at all.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Minsky posted:

If I grit my teeth and vote for her in the general election, I can still be all like "not my President :smug:" when she does anything bad, right? I never got to do that with Bush because I couldn't vote yet.

If you vote for Hillary in the general, I personally, solemnly swear that you will be granted the right to claim you voted for Jill Stein, unless you voted for Jill Stein, in which case, I will tell everyone you know you voted for Trump (if in a liberal area) or that you wrote in Sanders' name (if in a conservative area).

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Luckyellow posted:

Did Hilary won yet? I need to start mocking all those BernieBros on my Facebook who's keep on harping about 'Free College! Free Healthcare! Standard living wages!'. SMH, they have no idea what reality is like at all.

Hillary's gonna win but Idk about feeling like anyone is getting owned here when hillary wins. The Yankees are supposed to win the world series, good job. The upstarts took it to game 5 this time.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Mordiceius posted:

Counterpoint: The Democratic Party is part of what's wrong with America and if you vote for Hillary you're part of the problem.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Minsky posted:

I wanted Kucinich in 2008 so I used that any time Obama did something lovely.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

crazy cloud posted:

The progressive tendency to say gently caress you, you petulant loving child to people who disagree with them, as usual :buddy:

Sorry, but the attitude of "if I can't have the candidate I wanted, then I'm going to take my ball and go home" is super loving childish. I'm voting Bernie in the primary and will always support him, but when Hillary gets the nomination I'll support her too. You can't always get exactly what you want. So grow up and be an adult.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm feeling good about this, I think we will finally decide the voting strategically or voting for your best candidate debate here and now at last

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Fast Luck posted:

Counterpoint: The Democratic Party is part of what's wrong with America and if you vote for Hillary you're part of the problem.

Besides, if Hillary gets the nom, then America's getting a Republican president no matter how you slice it :shrug:

edit: also, if you're actually trying to convince Bernie supporters to vote for Hillary in the general, then maybe being a condescending dick isn't the way to do it, cuz chances are pretty good that you'll just further entrench the "Bernie or Bust" crowd (of which I'm a part). Perhaps it'd help to actually try and understand why they might feel that way rather than calling them babies.

Mordiceius posted:

Sorry, but the attitude of "if I can't have the candidate I wanted, then I'm going to take my ball and go home" is super loving childish. I'm voting Bernie in the primary and will always support him, but when Hillary gets the nomination I'll support her too. You can't always get exactly what you want. So grow up and be an adult.
Or, if all you want to do is express your anger, then go for it, that's valid too. But don't pretend that you're actually talking to anyone.

Son of Thunderbeast has issued a correction as of 21:19 on Mar 1, 2016

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

Clearly, the best solution then is to just not participate and allow the GOP an easier road to the White House.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Goetta posted:

I'm feeling good about this, I think we will finally decide the voting strategically or voting for your best candidate debate here and now at last

The real answer is that individual votes don't matter at all on a national level and we just lie to ourselves to make us seem important.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Draynar posted:

I wanted Kucinich in 2008

What's wrong with you

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mordiceius posted:

I live in a state that will not go red regardless of what I do. I voted for Obama in 2008 and Barr in 2012.

I probably would have still voted for Barr in 2012 if I lived elsewhere, though :getin:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Besides, if Hillary gets the nom, then America's getting a Republican president no matter how you slice it :shrug:
Yeah she's a full-on neocon tbh. There's no guarantee she won't be worse than Trump in terms of imperialism and the deaths of millions of people abroad.

Mordiceius posted:

Clearly, the best solution then is to just not participate and allow the GOP an easier road to the White House.
Ever notice how American politics have been moving hard rightward for quite some time? There's nothing to stop that trend unless the people stand up to it by not voting for corporate Dems. As long as we keep electing people who represent the ownership class there will always only be Republicans who want to peel back regulations and dismantle state institutions at hyperspeed and Dems who want to do it more gradually.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

poty posted:

What's wrong with you

Kucinich owns, step off

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

Agreed. I want 8 years of a GOP supermajority and if there's anything left in 2024 we can start over.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I think I am just sensitive to the subject, not because I care too much about any individual vote, but more so because I don't want that attitude spreading to others.

The "If Bernie doesn't win, gently caress Hillary because I won't vote for her" types, from what I have seen, tend to be disproportionately vocal about it and the last thing we need is this toxic opinion to spread.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I just remembered that Bush, Rubio and Cruz are all pledged to endorse Trump after he wins the nomination.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah she's a full-on neocon tbh. There's no guarantee she won't be worse than Trump in terms of imperialism and the deaths of millions of people abroad.

The alternative is the 100% chance of losing my health insurance and personally dying, unfortunately :shrug:

EDIT: Still frustrating not to have better choices, of course.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Brannock posted:

Kucinich owns, step off

Completely irrelevant to how awesome Kucinich is politically, the dude is 5'4 or something and his wife is basically a supermodel so you know a dude like that has got to have some confidence like whoa.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

The Kingfish posted:

I just remembered that Bush, Rubio and Cruz are all pledged to endorse Trump after he wins the nomination.

it will help their 2024 chances since they can claim they were POWs. i wonder if they'll blink in morse code during their endorsements.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Oh and BTW today we move into the "trump is the presumptive nominee" phase of the campaign. I called this poo poo earlier than anyone and I love the timeline we are in most dearly. Welcome to hell, friends :toot:

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Combed Thunderclap posted:

The alternative is the 100% chance of losing my health insurance and personally dying, unfortunately :shrug:

the "lesser of two evils" argument doesn't play well to an audience that wouldn't be personally impacted very much by a republican presidency, unfortunately.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I think that Donald Trump will improve our healthcare system.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

WampaLord posted:

The real answer is that individual votes don't matter at all on a national level and we just lie to ourselves to make us seem important.

I don't understand this. What do you think the votes at the national level are composed of? This is the same "logic" that young voters use to justify not voting and making old people over represented in the aggregate.

ColdPie has issued a correction as of 21:36 on Mar 1, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pathetic little tramp posted:

Completely irrelevant to how awesome Kucinich is politically, the dude is 5'4 or something and his wife is basically a supermodel so you know a dude like that has got to have some confidence like whoa.

Kucinich is a cool dude who will forever be a punchline and that's a bummer.

The Kingfish posted:

I think that Donald Trump will improve our healthcare system.

How

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

As long as the people who aren't like me don't vote, it's fine with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

TwinsensRevenge posted:

the "lesser of two evils" argument doesn't play well to an audience that wouldn't be personally impacted very much by a republican presidency, unfortunately.

Based on my survey of GBS 95% of SA's userbase is gay and therefore has tons to lose.

• Locked thread