Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lolorito was perfectly fine with Raubahn being executed and all that stuff, that's why he only switched out the poison and didn't do anything else. He had no intent of waking her either, he kept that as a card to play should Raubahn be rescued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Lolorito was perfectly fine with Raubahn being executed and all that stuff, that's why he only switched out the poison and didn't do anything else. He had no intent of waking her either, he kept that as a card to play should Raubahn be rescued.

It's also why Raubahn still hasn't murdered him, since Nanamo is literally everything to him

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nanamo is cool

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

seiferguy posted:

Everyone remembers the death of one main character Haurchefaunt, but they always forget about the death of an equally important character, Moenbryda. Her death was more of an impact that Harche's. I still hold out hope that she's still alive, though!

Let's not forget Ysayle, too :smith:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Nanamo actually being executed and driving an uprising in Uldah would have been a cool story arc. I could see from a practical perspective why they didn't do that though.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I liked how I called every part of Lolorito's plan. I didn't like how he just sort of walked up afterwards and said "This was my plan. We're cool now right?" and everybody just went with it.

I'm looking forward to Grand Melee 2: Raubahn vs Lolorito though.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
My favorite NPC is Sark Malark because I skipped most of the story and I think he and I did some terrorism and stole a tank or something.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Oh my god, this solo duty where I have to kill the masked mage and his gargoyle...

Phew, Jesus take the wheel, I'm about to have a stroke over here.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

COOL CORN posted:

Oh my god, this solo duty where I have to kill the masked mage and his gargoyle...

Phew, Jesus take the wheel, I'm about to have a stroke over here.

Fight the gargoyle away from the mage and he won't aggro you and start attacking til your ownr einforcements arrive.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Belzac posted:

But presumably the sultana and raubahn and the other members of the alliance and the warrior of light are all on the same page of turning ulduh into a republic. Why did that plan stop just because some idiot lalas played a double triple quadcross game of who's poisoning who? By not informing the sultana of an attempt to assassinate her and instead assisting in it's planning, possibly being the main reason it got to the point it did, only to switch the poison out last second makes him some one you don't want on the council but everyone is just cool with it. No one should be respecting his wishes to keep the human rights violation of society that is Ul'duh just because he unassassinated someone.

Lolorito entrenched the Monetarists even further by getting rid of Teledji Adeledji. The Sultana can't abdicate, Raubahn can't accuse Lolorito of anything and Ul'dah can't republicanize because the Monetarists still hold the purse strings that the city and the rest of the alliance depend on.

edit: also, Raubahn is still technically guilty of an actual murder, so if he started making any noises about the Monetarists they'd presumably toss him back into jail, but as long as he maintains the status quo he can conditionally lead the Immortal Flames

The Chairman fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 1, 2016

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Verranicus posted:

Fight the gargoyle away from the mage and he won't aggro you and start attacking til your ownr einforcements arrive.

...well god drat it.

Thanks!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Chairman posted:

Lolorito entrenched the Monetarists even further by getting rid of Teledji Adeledji. The Sultana can't abdicate, Raubahn can't accuse Lolorito of anything and Ul'dah can't republicanize because the Monetarists still hold the purse strings that the city and the rest of the alliance depend on.

edit: also, Raubahn is still technically guilty of an actual murder, so if he started making any noises about the Monetarists they'd presumably toss him back into jail, but as long as he maintains the status quo he can conditionally lead the Immortal Flames

Oh if only our hero, Godbert Manderville, would take over the Syndicate and solve all these problems by flexing (and possibly some goldsmithing).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Godbert actually voted to gently caress over the refugees.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The true hero is Hamon Holyfist

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Drythe posted:

The true hero is Hamon Holyfist

My role model in life

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I believe Lolorito was hoping the Warrior of Light was removed from the equation, and had to back pedal when he found not only that the WoL isn't dead, but is basically politically impervious due to fantastic PR.

My impression of that whole shebang is that Teledji was an impulsive villain that ended up being a monkey wrench in Lolorito's slower, "Big Picture" type villainous plotting. He's probably just doing what he can to get back into his original position before acting any further.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

...well god drat it.

Thanks!

General rule of thumb for solo duties: stand back a bit at first when enemies spawn, and see which enemies aggro onto you instead of either sitting around doing nothing or aggroing onto an NPC instead. Start with the ones that are pissed at you, then go help NPCs.

There'll usually also be dialogue at the top of the screen to call out if there's some particular enemies the game wants you to pay attention to (e.g. healer enemies who need to die first, or enemies beating up on some squishy NPC you do actually need to protect).

Exception when playing as a tank in class/job-specific duties, as those will sometimes have you (appropriately for your role) take care of more than just yourself. Similarly, when playing a healer in class/job-specific duties, you'll be expected not only to kill a few things but also to occasionally heal some of your helper NPCs.

Story duties though, are designed for everyone, which is to say they're designed so a squishy DPS who can't heal anyone can handle them, so a tank or healer doesn't have to do anything extra there.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Awesome advice, thank you.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Belzac posted:

But presumably the sultana and raubahn and the other members of the alliance and the warrior of light are all on the same page of turning ulduh into a republic. Why did that plan stop just because some idiot lalas played a double triple quadcross game of who's poisoning who? By not informing the sultana of an attempt to assassinate her and instead assisting in it's planning, possibly being the main reason it got to the point it did, only to switch the poison out last second makes him some one you don't want on the council but everyone is just cool with it. No one should be respecting his wishes to keep the human rights violation of society that is Ul'duh just because he unassassinated someone.

What makes you think Uldah would be any better as a republic? Presumably, right now, Uldah is kind of a parliamentary monarchy, with the Syndicate offering proposals to the Sultana to decide on, but the crown is so weak compared to the monetarists that she basically can't refuse anything. All that becoming a republic would do is take the crown out of the process entirely.

And the reason nobody is doing anything against Lolorito is because they can't do anything. He has them all in check through one way or another.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It felt satisfying as poo poo to see Raubahn to literally send Adeledji to hell with red filter on him and all. Not so satisfying getting dogwalked by fuckin Ilberd and the other losers. It was also really drat cool seeing Raubahn completely no-sell losing his arm. I imagine people must've been going nuts about this before Heavensward came out. This is crazy.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

seiferguy posted:

Everyone remembers the death of one main character Haurchefaunt, but they always forget about the death of an equally important character, Moenbryda. Her death was more of an impact that Harche's. I still hold out hope that she's still alive, though!

Lol was that the scion that was akwardly introduced then like 2 quests later she dies? I wondered why they introduced a new scion like that then out all made sense

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

seiferguy posted:

She was in the story for like 15 minutes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Let's be honest, the only good Lalafells are Nanamo and Tataru.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Fister Roboto posted:

What makes you think Uldah would be any better as a republic? Presumably, right now, Uldah is kind of a parliamentary monarchy, with the Syndicate offering proposals to the Sultana to decide on, but the crown is so weak compared to the monetarists that she basically can't refuse anything. All that becoming a republic would do is take the crown out of the process entirely.

And the reason nobody is doing anything against Lolorito is because they can't do anything. He has them all in check through one way or another.

The idea was that both the crown and the Syndicate would cease to have political power. This was obviously easier said than done; see, everything that happened in the UI'dah storyline after this conversation. But the Ul'dah Republic wasn't just going to be the current Ul'dah except without the Sultana.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Uuuh...... Are you all forgetting about the other thing in play here: Omega.

Teledji knew about Omega and wanted it. It's likely that Lolorito knew about it and if not him, Ilberd probably did.

Over a year ago, Yoshi P promised us Omega, but that might have been pushed to 4.0.

Speculation time:

The Ishgard plot is quickly coming to a conclusion. I'm curious if we'll get the final Nidhogg confrontation in 3.3 or 3.4. If 3.3, then 3.4 could be left for wrapping up all other loose ends and the initial rumblings of what's to come. From there, I could see 3.5 to be balls out crazy. Maybe we fight Ilberd in Omega.

My idea would be:

3.3 has 2nd Warring Triad primal and a mission to gather forces against Nidhogg. Maybe a dungeon to find a secret weapon macguffin to defeat him.
3.4 has 3rd Warring Triad primal and Nidhogg dungeon/trial and wraps up Ishgard story.
3.5 has Omega/Ilberd trial and Ala Mhigo/Garlean related dungeon.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ilberd in Omega would be less amusing now that he is no longer voiced by Richard Epcar.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Volume posted:

Lol was that the scion that was akwardly introduced then like 2 quests later she dies? I wondered why they introduced a new scion like that then out all made sense

So that Urianger has a reason to go evil.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Thundarr posted:

Ilberd in Omega would be less amusing now that he is no longer voiced by Richard Epcar.

Of all the losses we've discussed today, this is the most tragic.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So I want to start a Dark Knight job with my main character, yet since I start off at level 30 and all the main quests are done (and many of the side quests), it seems it would be a huge slog to get from 30-60 again.

Are there any good tips on leveling a character for another job?

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

theblackw0lf posted:

So I want to start a Dark Knight class with my main character, yet since I start off at level 30 and all the main quests are done (and many of the side quests), it seems it would be a huge slog to get from 30-60 again.

Are there any good tips on leveling a character for another class?

Lots and lots of dungeons. You're a tank, so your queues are near-instant. Hit the LLDR every day for a huge boost, then hit your highest available dungeon.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

theblackw0lf posted:

So I want to start a Dark Knight job with my main character, yet since I start off at level 30 and all the main quests are done (and many of the side quests), it seems it would be a huge slog to get from 30-60 again.

Are there any good tips on leveling a character for another job?

As DRK? Do lots and lots of dungeons.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

theblackw0lf posted:

So I want to start a Dark Knight class with my main character, yet since I start off at level 30 and all the main quests are done (and many of the side quests), it seems it would be a huge slog to get from 30-60 again.

Are there any good tips on leveling a character for another class?
On all classes below your main, you get a 100% exp bonus from 1-50, and a 50% exp bonus from 50-60, in addition to rested exp and any other exp bonuses like Heat of Battle, so it's not as long as you might think. Just do dungeons and fates in appropriate areas.

Also, I would highly recommend getting PLD to at least 22 and MRD to at least 26 for vital cross-class skills before doing much with DRK. You need some of those cooldowns.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

Uuuh...... Are you all forgetting about the other thing in play here: Omega.

Teledji knew about Omega and wanted it. It's likely that Lolorito knew about it and if not him, Ilberd probably did.

Over a year ago, Yoshi P promised us Omega, but that might have been pushed to 4.0.

Speculation time:

The Ishgard plot is quickly coming to a conclusion. I'm curious if we'll get the final Nidhogg confrontation in 3.3 or 3.4. If 3.3, then 3.4 could be left for wrapping up all other loose ends and the initial rumblings of what's to come. From there, I could see 3.5 to be balls out crazy. Maybe we fight Ilberd in Omega.

My idea would be:

3.3 has 2nd Warring Triad primal and a mission to gather forces against Nidhogg. Maybe a dungeon to find a secret weapon macguffin to defeat him.
3.4 has 3rd Warring Triad primal and Nidhogg dungeon/trial and wraps up Ishgard story.
3.5 has Omega/Ilberd trial and Ala Mhigo/Garlean related dungeon.

I think I would like to see mad with power Ilberd in control of Omega trying to use it against Garlean to free his homeland in the most villainous way possible, to be stopped with the combined efforts of the WoL + crew and a yet again returning Nero.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

If I wanted to play through the story again to refresh my memory on all this stuff, what class would be best to pick? My gut says WAR, if only so I'm not stuck waiting in queues for story dungeons, but I have no idea how they are for soloing.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Endings posted:

Lots and lots of dungeons. You're a tank, so your queues are near-instant. Hit the LLDR every day for a huge boost, then hit your highest available dungeon.

This is the correct answer. Just note that if you weren't playing a tank up to this point, Brayflox is going to be quite the experience to cut your teeth on.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Skaw posted:

I think I would like to see mad with power Ilberd in control of Omega trying to use it against Garlean to free his homeland in the most villainous way possible, to be stopped with the combined efforts of the WoL + crew and a yet again returning Nero.

That would be great. Because Ilberd is a diehard nationalist so it wouldn't make any sense to see him throw in with the Garleans. So a three way grudge match between Ilberd, the WoL, and Regulus?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

That would be great. Because Ilberd is a diehard nationalist so it wouldn't make any sense to see him throw in with the Garleans. So a three way grudge match between Ilberd, the WoL, and Regulus?

Regulus seems to be stuck doing Warring Triad stuff so it'd probably be WoL vs Ilberd + Omega vs Emperor Dracula.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

On all classes below your main, you get a 100% exp bonus from 1-50, and a 50% exp bonus from 50-60, in addition to rested exp and any other exp bonuses like Heat of Battle, so it's not as long as you might think. Just do dungeons and fates in appropriate areas.

Also, I would highly recommend getting PLD to at least 22 and MRD to at least 26 for vital cross-class skills before doing much with DRK. You need some of those cooldowns.

My MC is already a 60 Paladin, so would just need to raise MRD.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Quick note on this, the Armoury Bonus XP is from all non-quest sources. It's really fast.

Here's everything you'll want to do in rough order of XP given:

Low Level roulette,
Dungeons,
Fates/Leves,
Side quests (beast tribe dailies etc.)
Guildhest Roulette,
Guildhests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Empress Theonora posted:

If I wanted to play through the story again to refresh my memory on all this stuff, what class would be best to pick? My gut says WAR, if only so I'm not stuck waiting in queues for story dungeons, but I have no idea how they are for soloing.

I loved soloing as a WAR. It went really well for me.

• Locked thread