Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I was going to buy only the base game but the EU store had 50% off :yayclod: That was last week, and Excalibur is still closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shy posted:

I was going to buy only the base game but the EU store had 50% off :yayclod: That was last week, and Excalibur is still closed.

The information in the OP is out of date regarding character creation windows.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

That website is the official tracker. Try immediately at each of the timeframes mentioned: 3:00 a.m./ 7:00 a.m./ 0:00 p.m./ 5:00 p.m./ 10:00 p.m. (PST)

I was able to get my roommate's character created on excalibur in the middle of the afternoon on saturday because I jumped on it immediately at 5 PM.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You just need to try in those windows.

If it's open at 3am, it remains open until 7am.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

You just need to try in those windows.

If it's open at 3am, it remains open until 7am.

Nope, unfortunately. The list in the client updates much more often; for example last week Friday was maintenance and the post was updated as soon as it ended, Excalibur closed less than one hour later.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I saw it open in the middle of the day Saturday, just wait for the times listed for it to update.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Ok it took one post to complain and Excalibur opened, haha. I'm in.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Shy posted:

Ok it took one post to complain and Excalibur opened, haha. I'm in.

Complaining is also the secret to getting DF queues to pop

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
"Tell someone else it's broken" is the second most effective tech troubleshooting tip, behind only "turn it off and on again."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

And it's closed again already. Just gotta get in right at the start of one of the windows. Congrats!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Chairman posted:

THE MAIN GOON GUILD

DATA CENTER PRIMAL
Excalibur Please Be Careful / Dragongod Knightkings / Third Party Tools (Webpage)
If you wish to be invited to PBC/DGKK/TPT, please register for FFgoons and follow the instructions that you can see once you're authorized. Registration for accounts less than 3 months old or with less than 10 posts may be declined; if you feel you're an exception or were incorrectly restricted, contact me.

(as of the most recent update)

OTHER GROUPS

DATA CENTER AETHER
Cactuar Scratching Post: contact any member or apply at Mist 1st Ward #8 (outside Limsa Lominsa)
Cactuar Can't Hug Every Cat (linkshell): contact a member
Midgardsormr Konaku: apply at The Goblet 1st Ward #7 (outside Ul'dah)
Midgardsormr Stranded Goons (linkshell): contact a member

DATA CENTER PRIMAL
Exodus Principality of Zeon: apply at The Goblet 1st Ward #13 (outside Ul'dah)
Hyperion Hyperigoon (linkshell): contact a member
Leviathan Aggression: contact a Recruiter or apply at Mist 2nd Ward #15 (outside Limsa Lominsa)

If you're in a group on another server that's looking for members, PM The Chairman

Chairman can you update this post because you have the wrong times listed.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

I was 52 before going into HW, and considering where I got 60 I don't think there's enough exp in the MSQ and sidequests of Heavensward to get you to 60 if you start at 50.0.

I didn't do many fates or unnecessary dungeons/trials though so if you do your roulettes as you go you'd probably make it.

Basically this. If you burn through the MSQ from 50 you will hit gaps where you need to get a bit more XP to continue (in 3.0 I had to do 4 extra Aery runs to do the L56 quests, would be lesser now). You might get around that if you start at a higher level. Even so, doing an extra roulette here and there will also solve the problem outright, as would just hopping into goon dungeon runs as they form.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I like the Heavensward story and that of its patches but it gets kind of tiring when every patch tries to be gritty by acting like some poo poo is finally getting resolved only for something bad to happen right at the end.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I honestly just wish some of the bad stuff would actually stick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Luckily the meteor impact that scorched the face of the planet wasn't fatal. Everyone's resting back at home.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Mr. Nice! posted:

Chairman can you update this post because you have the wrong times listed.

Technically it's still correct, it's based on Japanese time and they don't obey daylight savings

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Chairman posted:

Technically it's still correct, it's based on Japanese time and they don't obey daylight savings

the lack of daylight savings time was one of my favorite things about the year I lived in Japan and the three years I lived in hawaii.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

COOL CORN posted:

Anyone from Scratching Post around? I started doing a search for each person, but this'll be easier.

Also, is there a minimum level to join a free company?

Scratching Post is around but fairly inactive.

Chairman can you remove it from the listing?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

2.5 and 3.0
Not only is Nanamo alive (she was just taking a well-deserved royal nap), but it turns out that the evil conspirator isn't even totally evil! Everything is cool. Raubahn didn't even like that arm!

Why is it that out of all the dramatic deaths, Haurchefant's is the only one that looks like it's going to stick? :sigh:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
When is Ulduh gonna be a republic though?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Never.

Lolorito is going to make Ul'dah great again.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Trump 1580
Make Eorzea great again

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Verranicus posted:

I like the Heavensward story and that of its patches but it gets kind of tiring when every patch tries to be gritty by acting like some poo poo is finally getting resolved only for something bad to happen right at the end.

Well it is a Final Fantasy game so that's pretty much par for the course.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Dear Square Enix,

If you are going to include quests in the Churning Mists that REQUIRE flying, can you please add a special mark to the game that TELLS us that you need flying in order to complete these quests.

I am tired of running around, only to find the target is so few feet in the air above me. I have absolutely 0 interest in flying because of the requirements for it and I am not running around to unlock flying for a questing area that I'm never going to come back to after I have finished levelling there. (As I don't do alts or any of that obsessionist crap, I just want to enjoy the game on one class only.)

However it would be nice to know if a Quest requires flying or not so that I know I can ignore it and move on to other quests otherwise its just a gigantic waste of my time.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Verranicus posted:

Dear Square Enix,

If you are going to include quests in the Churning Mists that REQUIRE flying, can you please add a special mark to the game that TELLS us that you need flying in order to complete these quests.

I am tired of running around, only to find the target is so few feet in the air above me. I have absolutely 0 interest in flying because of the requirements for it and I am not running around to unlock flying for a questing area that I'm never going to come back to after I have finished levelling there. (As I don't do alts or any of that obsessionist crap, I just want to enjoy the game on one class only.)

However it would be nice to know if a Quest requires flying or not so that I know I can ignore it and move on to other quests otherwise its just a gigantic waste of my time.

I am actually interested in seeing the source for this quote

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I liked the twist with Lolorito. He wants political power, but he's not a typical cartoon villain in that he knows he benefits more from the stability of the status quo than from toppling the government and putting himself in charge. That's not something you typically see in games like this.

I didn't like that they didn't have the balls to follow through with the 2.55 events.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Verranicus posted:

Dear Square Enix,

:psyduck:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Except there's nothing stopping Raubahn from cutting him in half and starting a republic now that he's played his hand. Everyone is just super cool with this guy after doing some of the most treasonous poo poo ever but then going "jk" at the end of his rebellion plot.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I'm glad Nanamo is still alive, but the way they backpedaled on all of that stuff so quickly into Heavensward was really disappointing. Also, Ilberd just kind of disappears and no one ever says anything about him ever again???
It's like they were building up one story and then decided to tell a whole other one in Heavensward, so they decided to tie everything up real quickly, left some threads hanging, and just kinda swept everything under the rug.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

voltcatfish posted:

I am actually interested in seeing the source for this quote

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/284426-Quests-that-REQUIRE-Flying

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

jellycat posted:

I'm glad Nanamo is still alive, but the way they backpedaled on all of that stuff so quickly into Heavensward was really disappointing. Also, Ilberd just kind of disappears and no one ever says anything about him ever again???
It's like they were building up one story and then decided to tell a whole other one in Heavensward, so they decided to tie everything up real quickly, left some threads hanging, and just kinda swept everything under the rug.

I have a feeling we'll see Ilberd again, but not until the next expansion, assuming we do go to Ala Mhigo like they've been hinting towards.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jellycat posted:

Ilberd presumably isn't done, otherwise they would have had you kill him in Halatali. I don't think the Ul'dah story is over yet.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Belzac posted:

Except there's nothing stopping Raubahn from cutting him in half and starting a republic now that he's played his hand. Everyone is just super cool with this guy after doing some of the most treasonous poo poo ever but then going "jk" at the end of his rebellion plot.

Except that he didn't. Teledji was actually going to assassinate the Sultana, but Lolorito had the poison switched out for the sleeping potion. It's underhanded, but I wouldn't call it treason.

And he has Raubahn under his thumb because in the eyes of the people of Uldah, he straight up murdered Teledji. Nobody else knows about the assassination plot, they all think that the Sultana just got really sick for a while. If he killed Lolorito as well everyone would think he's a monster. That's what's stopping him.

jellycat posted:

Ilberd is part of the hook for the next expansion, which will almost certainly take place in Ala Mhigo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Presumably also when we get to increase our GC rank finally.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Kortel posted:

Scratching Post is around but fairly inactive.

Chairman can you remove it from the listing?

:(

Just joined it yesterday

Sekret
Dec 6, 2001
Curse you, Massive Genitals!

COOL CORN posted:

:(

Just joined it yesterday

:( Yea, I was in The Scratching Post for a while on Cactaur, but since 3.0 it's just been hemorrhaging actives and now there's only a handful of RL friends that play in that FC. They're good people but not many of them, and my gf and I just left to join Excal.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Neat Dev Diary on FFXIV's sound design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEPriVIv0vI

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Everyone remembers the death of one main character Haurchefaunt, but they always forget about the death of an equally important character, Moenbryda. Her death was more of an impact that Harche's. I still hold out hope that she's still alive, though!

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Everyone remembers the death of one main character Haurchefaunt, but they always forget about the death of an equally important character, Moenbryda. Her death was more of an impact that Harche's. I still hold out hope that she's still alive, though!

Oh god yeah, that one was hard.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Fister Roboto posted:

Except that he didn't. Teledji was actually going to assassinate the Sultana, but Lolorito had the poison switched out for the sleeping potion. It's underhanded, but I wouldn't call it treason.

And he has Raubahn under his thumb because in the eyes of the people of Uldah, he straight up murdered Teledji. Nobody else knows about the assassination plot, they all think that the Sultana just got really sick for a while. If he killed Lolorito as well everyone would think he's a monster. That's what's stopping him.

Ilberd is part of the hook for the next expansion, which will almost certainly take place in Ala Mhigo.

But presumably the sultana and raubahn and the other members of the alliance and the warrior of light are all on the same page of turning ulduh into a republic. Why did that plan stop just because some idiot lalas played a double triple quadcross game of who's poisoning who? By not informing the sultana of an attempt to assassinate her and instead assisting in it's planning, possibly being the main reason it got to the point it did, only to switch the poison out last second makes him some one you don't want on the council but everyone is just cool with it. No one should be respecting his wishes to keep the human rights violation of society that is Ul'duh just because he unassassinated someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Presumably also when we get to increase our GC rank finally.

At this point I've basically given up hope that they're ever going to bother. If they do get around to it the ilvl jumps between ranks will be absurdly huge.

• Locked thread