Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

The hot support plays!

Khepri is so easy to hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

cyclonic posted:

The hot support plays!

We need to play WAY more conquest.

People not "picking" OP gods is nice, but I'm getting sick of the RNG of assault.

coca bojangles fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 29, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cyclonic posted:

The hot support plays!

:golfclap:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

cyclonic posted:

The hot support plays!

That second link is amazing.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

dogstile posted:

That second link is amazing.

Thanks! I tried it again later but my positioning wasn't as great.

These are all in the same game. That poor Khepri.

The Ezell
May 11, 2003
I play football. No, not that football. The other kind.

cyclonic posted:

The hot support plays!

:swoon:

coca bojangles posted:

We need to play WAY more conquest.

People not "picking" OP gods is nice, but I'm getting sick of the RNG of assault.

yes

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jimbot posted:

Man, imagine a MOBA came out where you could only craft one item for each slot and that item changed how the character looked. Everyone would hate it at the same time of loving it and new gods/champions/whatever would come out like once every 6 months because of all the art assets.

Guy who made Dota in reign of chaos tried this in the frozen throne. You could use one sword at a time, etc.

There was also Dota all stars not by him. You know the rest.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 29, 2016

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

We did it boys! JuneBee, Nazutul, shubhat special thanks!

Finally above 2500 SmiteGuru.

Do I quit Smite now?

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Today's match of the day is fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ss7QWCNt2U

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

I've never had so much fun being Bacchus being annoying as poo poo

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

coca bojangles posted:

Finally above 2500 SmiteGuru.

Do I quit Smite now?

I've been there.

Then I started playing Clash :v:

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Farecoal posted:

I've never had so much fun being Bacchus being annoying as poo poo

This is the key to playing winning as Bacchus. Don't forget to spam VET VEJ VEL as you waddle around.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

I've been there.

Then I started playing Clash :v:

Doesn't it seem that more people tryhard in clash? By that I mean more people use their diamond gods in clash than any other game modes.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

beaner69 posted:

Doesn't it seem that more people tryhard in clash? By that I mean more people use their diamond gods in clash than any other game modes.

I felt the opposite, most of the matches were the worst arena trash imaginable. You see, Clash is a trap because even though it gives nearly as much gold per minute as Arena, it actually requires efficient farming as well...which people who donīt play Conquest simply cannot do. Oftentimes I was 5 levels ahead of the rest of the team, the only one doing back harpies/buff camps, soaking XP from both lanes, trying my best to carry but I guess I am just not good enough to carry a game on my own.

Can you tell at which point had I started playing nothing but Clash for a week or two ? :v:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

beaner69 posted:

I like to use Clash to try out gods I don't play much, personally.

Speaking of Clash, I really they would redo the map to have a Hindu or Egyptian theme instead of the generic one it has now

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
(arena)

I don't think i've ever been so annoyed by an assassin as i was last night. A guy instalocked as thor (with the shiny gundam suit too!) so I said gently caress it and played the ares/odin combo with my bud. Cue an entire match of us trapping people and thor standing on the outside of the ring not doing anything. When asked what the gently caress, he said we didn't initiate when he was close enough.

We said fine and did it next to him, he still didn't attack, unless we got the guy down to 30% health, then he'd come in and snipe the kill. This happened over and over again, with him stood on the side of teamfights (completely static), just waiting for us to whittle them down bit by bit before he'll jump in. When called out on this ("attack the loving mages we've got their tanks trapped", "dude actually hit them instead of just stealing kills", etc etc) he said "i'm an assassin, that's what assassins do, you're just a poo poo warrior who can't do damage". After the game I called him out on having a paltry 13k damage as loving thor, whereas I had double that. He responded with "Check my stats bro".

I tried. He's hidden them. Of course he has.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
The Arena tutorial is loving stupid and impossible since half the gods' recommended items don't include boots, and if you pick a god that does have boots but don't buy them, lol.

e: nevermind, all of the gods say to buy boots, but you can't since A) the first item you can click on is Magi's Blessing, and B) it doesn't have a tier 2 in the right spot to click. GG HiRez.

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 1, 2016

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Shalhavet posted:

The Arena tutorial is loving stupid and impossible since half the gods' recommended items don't include boots, and if you pick a god that does have boots but don't buy them, lol.

:lol: if you don't build attack speed Ymir against bots

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I had an account, but I cant seem to remember the name or the email I used. Do they deactivate accounts not played?

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

dogstile posted:

(arena)

I don't think i've ever been so annoyed by an assassin as i was last night. A guy instalocked as thor (with the shiny gundam suit too!) so I said gently caress it and played the ares/odin combo with my bud. Cue an entire match of us trapping people and thor standing on the outside of the ring not doing anything. When asked what the gently caress, he said we didn't initiate when he was close enough.

We said fine and did it next to him, he still didn't attack, unless we got the guy down to 30% health, then he'd come in and snipe the kill. This happened over and over again, with him stood on the side of teamfights (completely static), just waiting for us to whittle them down bit by bit before he'll jump in. When called out on this ("attack the loving mages we've got their tanks trapped", "dude actually hit them instead of just stealing kills", etc etc) he said "i'm an assassin, that's what assassins do, you're just a poo poo warrior who can't do damage". After the game I called him out on having a paltry 13k damage as loving thor, whereas I had double that. He responded with "Check my stats bro".

I tried. He's hidden them. Of course he has

I don't know where you get the impression that Thor has to follow up on an Ares pull/Odin cage, pretty sure that's your mage's/hunter's responsibility, and Thor's responsibility to cleanup anyone that might get away.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

coca bojangles posted:

I don't know where you get the impression that Thor has to follow up on an Ares pull/Odin cage, pretty sure that's your mage's/hunter's responsibility, and Thor's responsibility to cleanup anyone that might get away.

Ok, picture this. Guan Yu has been caught alone by the bottom right pillar, nearest to the friendly base. Their team has pulled back around their Ymir on the far left taking buffs and the minions don't need attention right now. Two of your teammates (ares and odin) are hitting guan and are actually slowing him down a gently caress load (frostbound, chains, gem, bodyblocking).

Do you:

A: Go push minions
B: Go get eyes on the guys on the left to see what they do
C: Go buy an item
D: Watch until your tanks slowly whittle down guan and then throw your hammer in to get the kill, not engaging in any way aside from that, including movement.
E: Attack/Stun/Block Guan Yu

If you picked D, congrats! You're Thor, who should have picked literally any other option and I wouldn't have a problem with it. This is just one example, he wouldn't cleanup either.

E: I'm not trying to sound like a dick by the way, but I think i've written it like that. I was just annoyed because the whole point of the are's/odin cage pull in that match was to trap their tanks and keep their squishys vulnerable, because their tank combo was really good at their jobs.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 1, 2016

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

dogstile posted:

Ok, picture this. Guan Yu has been caught alone by the bottom right pillar, nearest to the friendly base. Their team has pulled back around their Ymir on the far left taking buffs and the minions don't need attention right now. Two of your teammates (ares and odin) are hitting guan and are actually slowing him down a gently caress load (frostbound, chains, gem, bodyblocking).

Do you:

A: Go push minions
B: Go get eyes on the guys on the left to see what they do
C: Go buy an item
D: Watch until your tanks slowly whittle down guan and then throw your hammer in to get the kill, not engaging in any way aside from that, including movement.
E: Attack/Stun/Block Guan Yu

If you picked D, congrats! You're Thor, who should have picked literally any other option and I wouldn't have a problem with it. This is just one example, he wouldn't cleanup either.

E: I'm not trying to sound like a dick by the way, but I think i've written it like that. I was just annoyed because the whole point of the are's/odin cage pull in that match was to trap their tanks and keep their squishys vulnerable, because their tank combo was really good at their jobs.

Well, keep in mind that Thor might not have defense/health items like Ares or Odin, and committing on a tanky(usually) character like Guan usually paints a large target on them to the rest of the enemy team. I know when I play Thor, I like to not get baited and killed.

I wasn't there so a lot of this is coming from an outside opinion, but you woudn't expect a Loki to blow his cooldowns on a Guan unless he was low, correct? Its just a different mindset and play style.

I don't mean to sound like a dick either, but not everyone plays with the same mindset or aggressiveness.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

dogstile posted:

so I said gently caress it and played the ares/odin combo with my bud

Hate to Monday morning quarterback this, but why this combo? Why not Ares/Hades instead or something? Or swap Odin or Ares with a burst mage?

Not trying to troll here, but I think one problem is you relied on a pubby to follow-up and do damage.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Thor is invariably a scumbag/shithead, I don't see why we need to split hairs over it

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Nah its cool, i get where you're coming from. It's just I know that the majority of times he was doing nothing, he had zero risk to himself (unless he was so scared of guan that he thought he could have been killed by him). Thor had also bought mid-mail and witchblade, so he had some protections.

cyclonic posted:

Hate to Monday morning quarterback this, but why this combo? Why not Ares/Hades instead or something? Or swap Odin or Ares with a burst mage?

Not trying to troll here, but I think one problem is you relied on a pubby to follow-up and do damage.

We usually have quite good luck with it and can get the kills ourselves, we were just playing a fairly decent team who knew how to keep the squishys away from us. I don't think we've lost a single game using that combo.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

dogstile posted:

We usually have quite good luck with it and can get the kills ourselves, we were just playing a fairly decent team who knew how to keep the squishys away from us. I don't think we've lost a single game using that combo.

Matchmaking might have caught up to you.

Ideally there shouldn't be some comp that always wins/loses.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there a site that has per-god win rates, builds, etc for the new Joust (ranked or unranked)? Would like to follow the trends on that map.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008

cyclonic posted:

Your right that there shouldn't be an unbeatable comp. The problem with matchmaking catching up to you in this game is that it means you get a teammate(only one if your lucky) who does stupid poo poo while the enemy team gets a full team of average players.

Its so bizarre that the matchmaking is designed to punish you for going on a hot streak. Thats what ELO hell is, good enough to do well for yourself but not good enough to carry so hard you make up for the liability you get matched with.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

cyclonic posted:

Update, played all night, comp still hasn't lost :D

Please don't read this HiRez

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
After getting back into the game really hard, I have rekindled my love of Kumbhakarna. Yawn all day, every day.

I do have a question with Nemesis, though. What is the standard build on her? I want to give her a try, but she seems more basic attack focused than the assassins I tend to play (mostly Hun Batz).

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Anybody picked this up on PS4? I imagine all of you are PC only but I thought it might be worth checking.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I did just for the gently caress of it and because I have a new PS4 I need to load with games. I'll only actually play it much though if they do account transfers.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Just had a duel with first blood at 31 MINUTES

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Anybody picked this up on PS4? I imagine all of you are PC only but I thought it might be worth checking.

I've been having fun on ps4

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Televisio Frankus posted:

After getting back into the game really hard, I have rekindled my love of Kumbhakarna. Yawn all day, every day.

I do have a question with Nemesis, though. What is the standard build on her? I want to give her a try, but she seems more basic attack focused than the assassins I tend to play (mostly Hun Batz).

The build I go with in season 3 is Warrior Tabi, Jotun's Wrath, Ichival, Stone Cutting Sword, and then some sort of defense depending on what's happening in the match. I used to build almost exclusively Bulwark of Hope just for the shield, but after the nerf you might find Midgardian Mail more valuable, or possibly go into Spirit Robe if it's a CC heavy team. The sixth item is very situational, you can go into Titan's bane if you need to push objectives harder (maybe your team is winning fights but not super cleanly and your hunter keeps dying, this can work in a pinch) or Qin's Sais if they have thick bruisers you need more damage on. If you're still having trouble surviving fights you can pick up one of the previously mentioned defensive items. At all times keep in mind the value of Brawler's Beatstick and don't be afraid to hold off on Stone Cutting Sword if you need anti healing, and go ahead and buy Pestilence for your defensive item. Since you need to stick to people having a lot of anti healing will help. Another option for your last slot is Frostbound Hammer. You do have slows in your kit, but sometimes I find it just isn't quite enough, or people built Winged Blade and are getting away. This is more of an advanced technique but you should practice it if they have Winged Blade: buy Frostbound, and go hit them with an auto. Wait about five seconds, then go full combo on them with your ult. Winged Blade has a 30 second cooldown on its proc, so make sure you don't ult someone with that up, bait and wait, then you can blow them up. Actives are general Sprint and whatever. Standard poo poo, Sanctuary for super burst ult mages, beads for Ares, whatever you need to do to survive and stay in fights.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

I've been playing on the PS4, pretty new to MOBAs in general, but I'm definitely digging it. All the item stuff is very overwhelming, but I've been having good luck with the auto-buy stuff so far. I also have no idea how to approach Conquest yet, mainly because I don't know which character is good at what role.

Add me on PSN: AishanReborn. The game is much more fun with people who talk, even if they are bad players (like me!)

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I've played some on ps4 but since I've spent so much money on the xbox version, I don't play much on ps4. I did get the update so I'll play prolly today.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Aishan posted:

I've been playing on the PS4, pretty new to MOBAs in general, but I'm definitely digging it. All the item stuff is very overwhelming, but I've been having good luck with the auto-buy stuff so far. I also have no idea how to approach Conquest yet, mainly because I don't know which character is good at what role.

Add me on PSN: AishanReborn. The game is much more fun with people who talk, even if they are bad players (like me!)

Just google the caps on your stats, then think about what you want to do. Are you a fast hitting hunter? You have two options, attack speed/qins or attack speed/crit, both with some lifesteal.

Are you a tank? Stack defence like crazy and work on positioning, its super important. You identify what you want to be good at, throw in items that you think will work together. Post questions here and we'll answer, although I imagine I play a bit differently to a few people here, so just try things out and see what works.

The other thing to do is try watching streams. I usually stream a couple of games most nights (not tonight/tomorrow as I have Hockey/Meal to go to) but i'll throw up a link if you want to watch me get disappointed by pubbies.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Aishan posted:

random follower notification on twitch, looked at SA and now it makes sense hahah

I stream when I feel like it, so if you happen to catch me sometime I mainly play conquest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Started playing this way back when it first came out but didn't really like it at the time.

Really enjoying it now on PS4 though - being able to play a MOBA from my couch with a controller and not destroy my carpals right clicking all over the goddamn place like a moron is wonderful.

• Locked thread