Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
just noticed the unplayed song count

how do you get 94 unplayed songs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
More Puchi observations:

Frederica will voraciously grab two dumplings(?) from the new food display for Hinamatsuri and quickly snarf theme down.

Koume... You should roll up your sleeves when you wash your hands...

The same girl, but with a different card rarity, will have different quotes!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

More Puchi observations:

Frederica will voraciously grab two dumplings(?) from the new food display for Hinamatsuri and quickly snarf theme down.

Koume... You should roll up your sleeves when you wash your hands...

The same girl, but with a different card rarity, will have different quotes!

Nice, Frederica is cool, I'm definitely keeping her in. I knew about the quotes mostly because the Ponkotsu Android Abe Nana has a bunch of android quotes, most people's quotes are (as far as I've noticed) relatively generic so it's harder to tell.

e: apparently GF Note took out the thing that updates your stamina from the server if you switch out of the application and back in again. Unfortunately instead of updating at the client end like normal people it just doesn't update until you go to a different screen

Polsy fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 1, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Skwee posted:

just noticed the unplayed song count

how do you get 94 unplayed songs

SIF-wise, probably by only playing easy to clear the story, and sticking to B-side EX difficulty plays asap, I think.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

e: apparently GF Note took out the thing that updates your stamina from the server if you switch out of the application and back in again. Unfortunately instead of updating at the client end like normal people it just doesn't update until you go to a different screen

gotta cut down on the constant connections~

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

graybook posted:

SIF-wise, probably by only playing easy to clear the story, and sticking to B-side EX difficulty plays asap, I think.

oh. yeah i am not good enough to do that

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I can't stand the number sitting there, mocking me, so I use strange numbers of leftover stamina during token events to clear out my easy/normal plays. I'd also do one of them at the end of the day if I hadn't gotten the day's FC for the loveca, but that's no longer necessary.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I can't stand the number sitting there, mocking me, so I use strange numbers of leftover stamina during token events to clear out my easy/normal plays. I'd also do one of them at the end of the day if I hadn't gotten the day's FC for the loveca, but that's no longer necessary.

I used to have a 17 on my PLAY button in GF Note taunting me for the past month because I can barely bring myself to play between events.

Now it's a 46 because they made all difficulties available, and each of those difficulties counts. (And I played a couple of things for the first time.)

What's also goofy is the count of plays per difficulty for me. This count also tracks plays during events.

Look at this bull-honky in the bottom right.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i really dislike how GF note feels to play. It's really weird compared to the others. Maybe it's the hit sound..? Or maybe i need to adjust the timing? I don't know. but regardless of the timing, it seems to be a very wide window for hitting a note without breaking combo.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

I used to have a 17 on my PLAY button in GF Note taunting me for the past month because I can barely bring myself to play between events.

What's also goofy is the count of plays per difficulty for me. This count also tracks plays during events.

Look at this bull-honky in the bottom right.

Yeah, I've been working to get the PLAY number down, but I haven't really played an event with any level of seriousness since the first so I've been getting there. I also can't bear having NEWs on Starlight Stage and it's weird whenever I look at someone's profile and they have debut/normal counts lower than pro/master because that definitely means they just have the NEW indicator on constantly.

Skwee posted:

i really dislike how GF note feels to play. It's really weird compared to the others. Maybe it's the hit sound..? Or maybe i need to adjust the timing? I don't know. but regardless of the timing, it seems to be a very wide window for hitting a note without breaking combo.

Yeah, I've never felt the timing was right and I've just had to try to accept it. I tried to fix it by changing the timing but it doesn't change when the notes come out, it just changes the acceptable tap zone so if you push the timing too far in one direction you have to tap when it's actually nowhere near the target.

This sounds insane just as I'm typing it and I'm going to have to go double-check now.

e: yeah, if you set it to -10 or +10 and tap when the heart is directly over the target you get a Nice, you actually have to tap late/early. For me the optimal 'over the target' setting is -1 but when I have it like that (and I do) if I tap exactly on the beat I'm likely to get a Nice, because it's "too early"

Polsy fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 2, 2016

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
with starlight stage you don't even need to pass the song to get rid of the new thing. like if it's a master song and you try it and fail, then the new indicator goes away. If you fail a song in SIF, the indicator doesn't go away.

edit: so in SS, you can like turn off the thing on the top left, or turn it on, I don't know. Is it on by default? The timer is counting down, but if I hit the button and make it say "off" the timer is still counting down. What does this even do?

Also

gently caress.

I did the part that I usually broke combo at, and then during the triple taps on each button I thought I had hit the last one so I deliberately stopped. Then hit the last beats of the song just fine.

I don't know why I thought I had hit them all. Just lost track or something

Skwee fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 2, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think I only notice some oddness in timing on some songs in GF Note; off the top of my head, Yume no Hanashi feels like I'm always getting great-equivalent hits constantly at the start.

Time to finally play Starlight Stage.
ah yes, arisu, or "micro chihaya"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I thought she was Kid Rin and wondered if SS was implementing time travel.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

ah yes, arisu, or "micro chihaya"

Please, call her Tachibana

e: http://polsy.org.uk/ani/cg/tachibana.m4a

Polsy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 2, 2016

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I decided to try out Master Groove on a whim, since theoretically my cool team could handle it even though I'm still not great at Master songs. Managed to pass it with maximum audience approval, so Master+ was available. Decided to try that outta recklessness. Yeah, it didn't end well. So many sliders...

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Arisu is really cute!

Also, used my last 10 pull hoping for Kaede...

Bah, no luck. But I did get 5 new SRs, so I can't complain too much.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well, at least now I know I can handle the Master version of Absolute NIne just fine.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
man i think i gotta just start getting rid of some idols in JP SIF before max leveling. I'm now storing idols in my gift box, since I only have 1 slot open in my list, which i have to empty before playing each song. That 1 slot will probably disappear soon to some idol i don't have yet.

also just beat moment ring on hard. Wooooow. Played with my all normal team. Played the last like 30 seconds with only 1 hp left. That was really stressful.

I no longer have any new song indicators in JP SIF though.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 2, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Allarion posted:

Well, at least now I know I can handle the Master version of Absolute NIne just fine.

This is... the easiest event Master song I've played to date, I think. I feel like I can finally maybe FC an event song before the event ends.

I am very bad at this game.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

graybook posted:

This is... the easiest event Master song I've played to date, I think. I feel like I can finally maybe FC an event song before the event ends.

We don't get anything for FC'ing in an event though. Other than a higher score and pride. The Master+ version will still be haunting you too as well.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
So I got Eli, I'm happy about that. Eli is best girl

Unlike the LAST en tournmenet, I spent no loveca, so I'm happy, but I'm only 60 so far. I've gotten a lot better since then, I can actually play EX songs for the most part (and I can actually A rank Solider Game Hard. so I'm happy there)

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Allarion posted:

We don't get anything for FC'ing in an event though. Other than a higher score and pride. The Master+ version will still be haunting you too as well.

Yeah, it's mostly a pride thing for me.
I don't even touch Master+ though since I know that's too far beyond my abilities, and it gives the same amount of event points as Master (unless they changed that now?).

Ryand-Smith posted:

So I got Eli, I'm happy about that. Eli is best girl

Unlike the LAST en tournmenet, I spent no loveca, so I'm happy, but I'm only 60 so far. I've gotten a lot better since then, I can actually play EX songs for the most part (and I can actually A rank Solider Game Hard. so I'm happy there)

Hell yes, improvement :woop:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

man i think i gotta just start getting rid of some idols in JP SIF before max leveling. I'm now storing idols in my gift box, since I only have 1 slot open in my list, which i have to empty before playing each song. That 1 slot will probably disappear soon to some idol i don't have yet.

also just beat moment ring on hard. Wooooow. Played with my all normal team. Played the last like 30 seconds with only 1 hp left. That was really stressful.

I no longer have any new song indicators in JP SIF though.

Yeah, you'll probably get back the N tiers later anyways just by playing and pulling with friend points.

Until a while ago, the range of N idols you could get from playing songs was limited so it was easy to remember and get rid of them. The field is far wider now though.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

graybook posted:

at least you're playing master tho

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

does the normal scouting in IM work different from SIF, because I got a super rare from it in IM and the best I've ever gotten from that in SIF is a rare

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Parallax posted:

does the normal scouting in IM work different from SIF, because I got a super rare from it in IM and the best I've ever gotten from that in SIF is a rare

Yeah, I think so.

I also got a SR from Starlight Stage, whereas SIF is capped at Rares for Friendship Pulls.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Yea, SRs are the highest you can get from local audition, it's just a ridiculously low rate.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
say whaaaat. I'm not sure i've even gotten a rare from local auditions.

also i recorded this thing that i am pretty sure is a unique line for UR Nico

It's super annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDjY74GIwzk

just the way the first part sounds, when you are switching between screens and suddenly "Nande takusan DVD" or w/e comes in in a really jarring way

idk if it's unique, i just think it probably is cuz she says ninja and she is dressed as a ninja on the UR.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
The way "V" is pronounced by Japanese speakers comes off as odd to me a lot of the time (like in the derem@s song for Sanae Katagiri, "love" gets spelled like "L-O-vui-E"), but then again with my upbringing in English, I have a really hard time with other sounds myself.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tempted to spend $3 on the new SIF thing but I'd hafta make a Japanese account or something?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

graybook posted:

The way "V" is pronounced by Japanese speakers comes off as odd to me a lot of the time (like in the derem@s song for Sanae Katagiri, "love" gets spelled like "L-O-vui-E"), but then again with my upbringing in English, I have a really hard time with other sounds myself.

It wasn't until I took Japanese that I realized L/R are a lot closer to pronounce than I realized. It's like pronouncing both at the same time in Japanese.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
well i've now gotten a full combo on all of the Hit songs on each difficulty in EN SIF that I currently have unlocked. The last one I have a B combo on for it's hard difficulty.

there's so many more songs in JP SIF.

e: man GF note.. I really don't get why you feel song wrong. I got 182 perfects, and 126 "greats" on a song.. Like I felt like I was hitting everything fine.

also figured out that you can't just swipe across the ball to spin it, your initial touch has to be on the ball or it won't register...

Skwee fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 2, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really like the event song on SS. The violins or whatever instrument that is really resonates with you in the beginning and end, and it feels sufficiently blue.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I really like the event song on SS. The violins or whatever instrument that is really resonates with you in the beginning and end, and it feels sufficiently blue.

it's the insert song in the 26th episode of the idolm@sters: Cinderella Girls anime!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

it's the insert song in the 26th episode of the idolm@sters: Cinderella Girls anime!

There aren't even blue official songs in Love Live. They're all Red and Green.

hosed up that both BokuHika and AA are Red songs when AA could totally be Blue.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Tempted to spend $3 on the new SIF thing but I'd hafta make a Japanese account or something?

On Android, at least, you should just be able to go for it. I've never had any issues spending digiyen through my US Google account.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

On Android, at least, you should just be able to go for it. I've never had any issues spending digiyen through my US Google account.

Cool!

And yet some idiots continue to go for iPhones.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Cool!

And yet some idiots continue to go for iPhones.

wow rude

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

wow rude

I have never owned or used an Apple product. The closest I got was going with a friend to use my student discount at the Apple Store so he could buy a Mac, cause he'd already graduated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

There aren't even blue official songs in Love Live. They're all Red and Green.

hosed up that both BokuHika and AA are Red songs when AA could totally be Blue.

I really think Angelic Angel is more fitting as a Cool song as well.