Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

Mulderman posted:

I wanna see her take a page from Fujitora's book and implement stuff like horizontal gravity.

Sadly she probably can't go full Windrunner, but it would be fun to see what she would do if she could arbitrarily change an object's gravitational response, rather than just remove it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
I just want uraraka with a grappling hook or something, to fling cars and spiderman her weighless self along the cty.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

HellishWhiskers posted:

New PV for the anime is out and it's not just voices this time around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhqVltWDqFA

The colors and art style are fantastic.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The PV looked fantastic. God willing they could find a way to end on Stain for a strong finish and a hook into another season. Don't let us down Japan.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
You know how Uraraka has to touch all her fingers together to cancel her power? I just hope she doesn't lose a finger.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

The PV looked fantastic. God willing they could find a way to end on Stain for a strong finish and a hook into another season. Don't let us down Japan.

I know it's on a first episode/PV budget but there was something a bit lacking in color.
Shading and colors were a bit too flat. The manga is basically on HIGH CONTRAST all the fuckin time so I'd want the anime to do the same.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I know it's on a first episode/PV budget but there was something a bit lacking in color.
Shading and colors were a bit too flat. The manga is basically on HIGH CONTRAST all the fuckin time so I'd want the anime to do the same.
Seriously? I kinda thought the exact opposite- it popped where I wasn't expecting it to.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It's the Gundam Build Fighters staff with BONES's famously consistent production quality behind them. I'm not worried about this show looking good.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

Seriously? I kinda thought the exact opposite- it popped where I wasn't expecting it to.

The colors arent deep enough for my liking.
I was expecting incredibly dramatic coloring like youd see in a western superhero comic, in relation this is quite toned down.

[E]: watched again on a screen with actually good color, its better, but Iunno. something feels off.

Maybe its because ive never really correctly guessed the intended coloration from manga.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 2, 2016

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Maybe its because ive never really correctly guessed the intended coloration from manga.

Ochako is blonde damnit!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wild Horses posted:

Ochako is blonde damnit!

I know right?
Super weird.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
So apparently this cover

was just a limited edition, one-time run print thing. The standard cover is just Bakugou yelling.

C'est la vie.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What. Why. That cover totally rules.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Hopefully the English version does the right thing.

Wild Horses posted:

Ochako is blonde damnit!

This feels like a cultural coding thing.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's more that people with light brown hair almost always have their hair shaded in for manga.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Eej posted:

It's more that people with light brown hair almost always have their hair shaded in for manga.

They usually don't, though, I feel. Like in My Love Story the heroine has no shaded-in hair but in color appears to have light brown hair.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

They usually don't, though, I feel. Like in My Love Story the heroine has no shaded-in hair but in color appears to have light brown hair.

Nah, grey shading for brown/red hair is pretty common. Horikoshi actually does it for Kirishima, who isn't that far off from Uraraka in tone. She's certainly got way darker hair then Yamato from My Love Story, who's on the borderline between brown and blonde.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth Walrus posted:

Nah, grey shading for brown/red hair is pretty common. Horikoshi actually does it for Kirishima, who isn't that far off from Uraraka in tone. She's certainly got way darker hair then Yamato from My Love Story, who's on the borderline between brown and blonde.

Yeah I am still a bit surprised whenever I see Ochako in color because I keep thinking she is blonde from the manga.

Characters with brown hair normally are a bit shaded from my experience. Ochako is an outlier from what I can tell. If I was capable of typing and reading Japanese I would tweet Horikoshi ask about this artistic choice.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I thought her hair was pink for some reason, probably by unconscious association with Sakura from Naruto.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Manga artists are pretty inconsistent with it, like how in Naruto every character with red hair has is shaded black... Except for the ones that don't for some reason. Even when they are the same shade.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

I thought her hair was pink for some reason, probably by unconscious association with Sakura from Naruto.

drat, dude. Why the heck do you hate Uraraka so much?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

drat, dude. Why the heck do you hate Uraraka so much?

You're probably joking, but to be clear: I don't hate her. She's cool.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

It's the Gundam Build Fighters staff with BONES's famously consistent production quality behind them. I'm not worried about this show looking good.

GBF or GBF Try? This is important

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

GBF or GBF Try? This is important

Original GBF. Though Try did share most of the same staff - its problems, apart from the director-switch, were executive interference and a lethally short turnaround that made it rushed and underwritten as hell.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Korean Scans

Everything about this chapter looks :krad:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fastball Special x 3.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Chapter is out.

It's really good.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RIGHT NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT PAIN IS

:allears: goddamn

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's very good!

That Noumu is Maximum '90s.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://readms.com/r/my_hero_academia/081/3277/1

mangastream link

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Such a Good Chapter

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like that Deku is almost more dangerous if you break his arms and legs and leave him to mastermind some poo poo.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Man, that was a good chapter but

I'm gonna feel really bad for the villain alliance if this leads to everyone at the meeting part getting trashed by the Rescue Crew. It'd be a really poor showing for something that seems like it's supposed to be threatening if this leads to them all getting beaten and arrested.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Stallion Cabana posted:

Man, that was a good chapter but

I'm gonna feel really bad for the villain alliance if this leads to everyone at the meeting part getting trashed by the Rescue Crew. It'd be a really poor showing for something that seems like it's supposed to be threatening if this leads to them all getting beaten and arrested.
There's a bit too much foreshadowing for them to not get away. Only one of the "rescue team" is in any shape to fight, and Dabi still has a clone running around so I'm kinda doubting Aizawa and co. will show up. Toga hasn't done anything with her blood yet. Nevermind the Noumu likely has a transmitter on it now so duh they'll get away.

It wouldn't shock me if they ended up freeing Tokoyami but got away with Bakugou. There's just too many unresolved factors for the villains to get mopped up by a half-dead Midoriya, Shouji, and Todoroki.

Also predicting that for some reason Ragdoll is not dead or even really gravely injured despite the loving chainsaw noumu apparently having beaten her.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Freaking loved this! It's so refreshing to see a party of heroes working together. Reminds me of early Naruto.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
"My my, Toga, aren't you excited? Did something depressing happen?"

Also, that Noumu is interesting; its quirk, or at least the one we saw, reminds me of Yaoyorozu's. I wonder what the deal there is.

Edit: Ahahaha, Toga's face in the last panel. It's hard to see but she's ecstatic to see Deku again.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I completely missed that Ochako ripped her overshirt off to hastily splint Deku's arms with it. It happened so fast between panels, I thought she just tossed the shirt for some reason. But you can see the splints in the page where they get tossed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also Twice is really funny.

"You mean me? Sorry to say, not happening! I'm interested in myself too!"
"These brats! I know them! Who are they?"

Anyway Spinner and Magne are going to show up again for sure it seems like. As Kurogiri came to retrieve them.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 5, 2016

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Only one is going to be rescued and it's going to be Bakugou. Everyone loses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Only one is going to be rescued and it's going to be Bakugou. Everyone loses.

That's what I was thinking too.