Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Having just listened to Gusgot on Rugby Special I want Mike Brown to get banned. He's such a twat.

Mike Brown kicked him the head, if it wasn't reckless then it was deliberate. You are responsible for where you're feet go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Brazil beat the USA? What's up with that?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Aramoro posted:

Brazil beat the USA? What's up with that?

Looks like the team they fielded was basically a 2nd or 3rd string side, playing away from home. Classic ambush territory.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Aramoro posted:

Having just listened to Gusgot on Rugby Special I want Mike Brown to get banned. He's such a twat.

Mike Brown kicked him the head, if it wasn't reckless then it was deliberate. You are responsible for where you're feet go

How is this any worse than the deliberate multiple cheap shots the French did to Sexton two weeks ago?

White shirt = :bahgawd:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The French director didn't linger over the shots of them doing it.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Foxtrot_13 posted:

How is this any worse than the deliberate multiple cheap shots the French did to Sexton two weeks ago?

Its exactly the same and its crazy that theres not a level set of expectations that if youre a dirty poo poo then you get banned, refs seem far more concerned with tip tackles and neck rolls, which while dangerous, should be dealt with in the spirit of the game rather than some red/yellow card jackpot and bonus win for the opposition.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Glasgow just signed Corey Flynn on a two year contract. Maybe he'll survive the curse of Glagow hookers.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Foxtrot_13 posted:

The main thrust of Gusgots argument was not that Mike Brown wasn't reckless, thats pretty obvious, but that it was fine because the player on the ground was holding onto the ball.

If that's the best he can come up with then Brown has no defence at all.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I've seen the "Oh Conor Murray is such a cheat, he was holding on to the ball" argument a lot but it completely ignores the fact that Danny Care and James Haskell both slowed up the ball, giving Mike Brown a shot at cleaning his boots on Murray. Care was even carded for it but that hasn't stopped folk like Guscot trying to somehow blame Murray for not releasing the ball.

Heid the Ball
Nov 2, 2005
Gordon's ALIVE?!?!?
No further action for Mike Brown over the kicking incident.

He's a horrible wee oval office, but that wasn't an occasion where he showed it. His loving backchat and whingeing to the ref is the problem.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I have studiously avoided all rugby news while I watch the Super Rugby on delay, but then I find out that we (USA) lost to loving Brazil.

loving kill me now :suicide:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Apollodorus posted:

I have studiously avoided all rugby news while I watch the Super Rugby on delay, but then I find out that we (USA) lost to loving Brazil.

loving kill me now :suicide:

Why would a Canadian rugby supporter lament an American defeat? :v:

For reals though, it was basically a 2nd or 3rd string US team on the road in classic ambush territory.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Well we're at home this weekend for the Vegas Sevens!

Too bad I have a massive grad school exam the very next day and couldn't get tickets this year :smith:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35696238

rip Rugby.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's not too different from what we do here, actually. The younger age groups primarily play touch rugby, or a variant called "Rippa rugby," where they wear a harness with velcro strips, and getting one ripped off is tantamount to a tackle. We also played "Held" in PE at high school, where instead of a tackle, you're "held" by the other team once you're deemed immobilised by the opposition defenders, kind of like rugby but with league style rucks.. It's also a good way to develop basic ball handling skills and footwork without worry of injury.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

The PE teacher they asked in the report sounds like a total fuckwit more likely to put parents off letting their kids play than assuring them that they won't get injured.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 2, 2016

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

i am unironically in favour of this

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

The PE teacher they asked in the report sounds like a total fuckwit more likely to put parents off letting their kids play than assuring them that they won't get injured.

Pretty representative of English PE teachers in my experience

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

To quote Red Dwarf

"I am Holly, the ship's computer, with an IQ of 6000. The same IQ as 6000 PE teachers."

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
The evidence from football in the US is similar--but here, football participation is going down while rugby is shooting upwards.

By football I mean not soccer; while soccer may have fewer injury worries it is far more damaging to children's character.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Castrogiovanni has been banned for two weeks for stamping on Duncan Taylor's foot.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I didn't see that one. Was it bad?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I didn't see it either, first I heard about it was him getting a two week ban so it can't have been that bad and just picked up by the citing commissioner afterwards. I can't even find a video of it to see what happened.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember anything about it while the game was on.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Maybe they decided they hadn't banned Castrogiovanni for a while? There wasn't any mention of it during the game certainly.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He admitted it, so it (probably) happened.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

In other news, Pascal Papé shows why he might not be in the French setup anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXVpD85qgpE

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Who's replaced the Blues v. Crusaders game with Wales v. France?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Brumbies v Tahs was good.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

How can a TMO, with all the time he needs and at least four different camera angles make an incorrect decision? Highlanders just got robbed of a try there.

e: referring to the Fekitoa grounding, not the Smith-Dixon pass - that was clearly forward.

e2: I'm pretty sure Nisbo is getting senile. He just got the score completely backward and held that idea for five solid minutes.

Thel fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 5, 2016

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

hooman posted:

Brumbies v Tahs was good.

Nice arm wrestle if a game. Wish the score line reflected the actual game more though.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

First SANZAR coaching casualty of the year: Richard Graham's been sacked at the Reds.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

First SANZAR coaching casualty of the year: Richard Graham's been sacked at the Reds.

Only three years a year too late.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
WOW that was fast

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

If Jaguares could keep 15 players on the pitch at all times they could be pretty good.

Also I see scrums in SANZAR are a joke, might as well just toss a coin and award a penalty, save a lot of time.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

London Irish are off to New York to get pumped by Saracens this weekend. At least it'll be a nice holiday for them.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Wales have named an unchanged XV for the England game, but :siren:RHYS WEBB IS ON THE BENCH:siren:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

fallingdownjoe posted:

Wales have named an unchanged XV for the England game, but :siren:RHYS WEBB IS ON THE BENCH:siren:

Tyma will be so happy.

FINALLY! THE TANNED ONE HAS. COME. BACK. TO TWICKENHAM!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
So, uh, did anyone watch the Vegas 7s? Looked like a good tournament with a strong showing from USA too - but that's to be expected. What I didn't expect was that amazing fightback from Fiji!

Maybe next year I can even go to it, that would be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Apollodorus posted:

So, uh, did anyone watch the Vegas 7s? Looked like a good tournament with a strong showing from USA too - but that's to be expected. What I didn't expect was that amazing fightback from Fiji!

Maybe next year I can even go to it, that would be fun.

Yeah, considering the strain the Fijians must have been under after the devastation in Fiji and then getting ill during the tournament it was great to watch.

Also watching Kenya destroy NZ was pretty fun.