Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Do you get fight money for survival attempts or completions only?

edit: Will Capcom be reasonable and sell color packs to unlock for everyone or go the dick route and make them per character (or even costume!)?

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

man nurse posted:

I mean the bad news is that now that I've exhausted the story stuff and most of the do-able survival runs, all that's leftover is the 50 you get per online win. Not counting whatever challenge mode and the story proper will give you, but. I figure unlocking half of the season pass characters and shelling out for the remaining three is a bit more agreeable than plunking down $30.

iirc they also mentioned something about daily missions or something along those lines? So yet another source of fight money.

It's really weird how easy they're making it

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Game's over, everybody pack up your sticks and go home!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

hiddenriverninja posted:

Do you get fight money for survival attempts or completions only?

edit: Will Capcom be reasonable and sell color packs to unlock for everyone or go the dick route and make them per character (or even costume!)?

There's no way it isn't going to be on a per character and per costume basis.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

man nurse posted:

I mean the bad news is that now that I've exhausted the story stuff and most of the do-able survival runs, all that's leftover is the 50 you get per online win. Not counting whatever challenge mode and the story proper will give you, but. I figure unlocking half of the season pass characters and shelling out for the remaining three is a bit more agreeable than plunking down $30.

i bought the season pass and figure i'll just use fight money on costumes

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Anyone have a nice list of pro player fighterIDs? there's an achievement for following 30 people and I figure I'll add some people I might actually want to watch replays of

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Just a heads up if you fat fingered your in game ID or you just want to change it you can email feedback@capcom.com with the following template and they'll fix it or change it. Took about a week and a half for me after they passed it around internally.

Current Fighter ID / flag:

Change requested to fighter ID / flag:

Platform (PC/PS4):

Steam ID/PSN ID (Your steam id number they want can be found on your fighter profile)

Reason for request:

Hadn't seen this around much so thought i'd pass it on.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

flatluigi posted:

Anyone have a nice list of pro player fighterIDs? there's an achievement for following 30 people and I figure I'll add some people I might actually want to watch replays of

RZR_INFILTRATION
PR-Balrog
CaliPower (Alex Valle)
TampaBison
Gamerbee
Four_Wude
FChampryan
Zet-Familia (Tokido)
memememe (Daigo)
Nuki777
Reiketsu (Top Vega)
Galtu01 (Top Bison)
Shinobism114 (Momochi)
Mago2DGod

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
So you can OS specials/Critical Art with throw :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/qHjdl9NMLbs

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Nodoze posted:

So you can OS specials/Critical Art with throw :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/qHjdl9NMLbs

Cool a super obvious/useless thing that people will parade around as Sick Tech for a week and nobody will actually do it ever because its bad.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Cool a super obvious/useless thing that people will parade around as Sick Tech for a week and nobody will actually do it ever because its bad.
hey gently caress you i see a big future in teching a throw with a move that is easily reactable and is like -67 on block!

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
"Yes, we want to remove option selects that were in Street Fighter 4. The idea with Street Fighter 5 is commit," noted Rosas. "Everything that you go for, you just have to believe in. You have to believe in what you're doing."

remove the option selects capcom you said you were going to get rid of them

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

there's no need to be rude, the entire point of SF5 is to be Esports and one of the fundamental ways that one becomes Esports is by making a name for yourself by posting videos on youtube that get hella views

it's not the players fault there's nothing actually useful to discover and make a tutorial video for, people are doing the best they can

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I mean, you can also OS throw/V-reversal and V-Reversal with specials/CA too

Hell you can probably work all of them in together

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

RZR_INFILTRATION
PR-Balrog
CaliPower (Alex Valle)
TampaBison
Gamerbee
Four_Wude
FChampryan
Zet-Familia (Tokido)
memememe (Daigo)
Nuki777
Reiketsu (Top Vega)
Galtu01 (Top Bison)
Shinobism114 (Momochi)
Mago2DGod

Fightmoney is Snake Eyez name as well, always worth watchin.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

drat Capcom is deranking people by like 500 if you're a documented top ragequitter, lmao

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

drat Capcom is deranking people by like 500 if you're a documented top ragequitter, lmao
good. i don't care if you do it once. should just delete your account, including fight money and purchases, too.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
literally noone would give a gently caress about ragequits if the result including LP/FM was simply awarded to you as it is in other games rather than being given a lovely error message and being kicked to menu with absolutely nothing to show for it

in fact I'd prefer people ragequitting on me because I'd be able to get more funbucks and internet points without actually having to sit through a real match against dumb scrubs

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Why is my sub-1k scrub rear end getting constantly matched with people hoving around 2k points. Matchmaking plz - Zangief is already a handicap enough as is.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Maybe it's just because I have a digital-only copy but it's pretty rad how the game will just sit at the title screen forever if PSN is undergoing maintenance, instead of letting you play in offline mode or something.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Voodoo posted:

Why is my sub-1k scrub rear end getting constantly matched with people hoving around 2k points. Matchmaking plz - Zangief is already a handicap enough as is.

If you're kicking rear end in your current rank they'll throw you some tougher opponents. Be brave!

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Voodoo posted:

It's also possible that 2k person is trying out a new character and is on a massive losing streak, hence being matched against you. Take their points!

(Unless it was me and I'm playing my turbo scrubby Laura. Please don't take my points, I've lost so many :-( )

RossCo fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 2, 2016

cams
Mar 28, 2003

RossCo posted:

It's also possible that 2k person is trying out a new character and is on a massive losing streak, hence being matched against you. Take their points!

(Unless it was me and I'm playing my turbo scrubby Laura. Please don't take my points, I've lost so many :-( )
i got up to 4600 after a 23 game win streak and then a bunch more, then lost like 4 straight and was back down to 4100. poo poo's rough.

i can lose to bronze dictator, cammy, or birdie players so easily.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

darealkooky posted:

there's no need to be rude, the entire point of SF5 is to be Esports and one of the fundamental ways that one becomes Esports is by making a name for yourself by posting videos on youtube that get hella views

it's not the players fault there's nothing actually useful to discover and make a tutorial video for, people are doing the best they can

"I found out this cool thing I'm calling Dark Invincible Counter Kata os that works when you push LP and LK together. The game decides between throwing the opponent or breaking a throw if you're being thrown!"

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ7M7wGYFzw

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

neogaf posted:

I think FG dev cycle should look like this from now on..

design basic fighting engine
design pseudo open world rpg (5-6 hours long)(story, settings)
design characters(proper textures and finish graphics design)
design AI/Arcade
design trials
design more SP content

release

patch in online 6 months later
patch in proper engine 1 year later after full development
patch in proper netcode 1.5 years later after engine is done.

This way you sell lot of copies. Casual/RPG fans are happy. Hardcore will buy anyway. You got your money already who cares if people are still playing 6 months later when online is released. IMO all FGs should follow this rule for financial success. Most FG buyers are not interested in learning FG or feels too intimidated to go online and lose imo.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 2, 2016

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pomp posted:

I think FG dev cycle should look like this from now on..

design basic fighting engine
design pseudo open world rpg (5-6 hours long)(story, settings)
design characters(proper textures and finish graphics design)
design AI/Arcade
design trials
design more SP content

release

patch in online 6 months later
patch in proper engine 1 year later after full development
patch in proper netcode 1.5 years later after engine is done.

This way you sell lot of copies. Casual/RPG fans are happy. Hardcore will buy anyway. You got your money already who cares if people are still playing 6 months later when online is released. IMO all FGs should follow this rule for financial success. Most FG buyers are not interested in learning FG or feels too intimidated to go online and lose imo.

People have been justifiably angry about the lack of single player, but if you think they'd be content to wait for 6 months to play online and over a year for good netcode, you'd be crazy.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

not understanding really obvious jokes is in the DSM i think

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Man if there was a legit guide on how to make a hitbox from parts that I could find easily I might actually do it.

Anyway, my Laura's getting better slowly. What's irritating is having to wean myself off using the command throw after LP elbow and using a normal back throw instead since I realised how much better back throw is. But as I've been doing this I've been wondering if I should switch to Bison. Notably all of this is premised on the idea that I'm just playing a character to teach me things until Balrog comes out. (Oh, and that I hate DPMs)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Rashid is my favorite character because his english VA is also Space Dandy

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Are there any good Rashid players streaming yet, so I can go watch a bunch of pros play him?

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

Madcosby posted:

so if im ordering a joystick for pc, what do i want to look for so that i can just plug it in and play sf5? I dont want to mess with joy2key or xinput or whatever

I was the same as you but I ended up getting a PS3/PS4 Venom and joy2key took like 1 minute to set up. After a lot of research on prices and whatnot, this is probably your best bet.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Are there any good Rashid players streaming yet, so I can go watch a bunch of pros play him?

Alex Valle

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/profile the Rushdown LIVE broadcasts are him playing online

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Double Bill posted:

Alex Valle

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/profile the Rushdown LIVE broadcasts are him playing online

Thanks - I'd only seen him fooling around with other characters.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Man if there was a legit guide on how to make a hitbox from parts that I could find easily I might actually do it.

Anyway, my Laura's getting better slowly. What's irritating is having to wean myself off using the command throw after LP elbow and using a normal back throw instead since I realised how much better back throw is. But as I've been doing this I've been wondering if I should switch to Bison. Notably all of this is premised on the idea that I'm just playing a character to teach me things until Balrog comes out. (Oh, and that I hate DPMs)

While back throw gives you better oki, if your opponent notices that you never go for the command grab, they get out of that mixup for free since delayed tech beats both meaties and regular throws.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm still feeling out how to play Karin properly. I know a few combos, but I'm kinda bad at judging when to actually use them. I lean really hard on the various iterations of MK, and I'm trying to get better at reliably executing instant tenko after a confirm. I finally won another ranked match last night :toot:

Filtering my matchmaking on quality 4-5 is a real double-edged sword. It basically means there's a pool of like 5 people that it matches me with. I had semi-even fights with the same guy playing F.A.N.G. about 4 times last night, and got absolutely bodied by the same Cammy twice.

Karin vs. F.A.N.G. is a weird as hell matchup, too. He has crazy sweep range, so my usual bullshit footsies don't work very well. He likes to do the thing where he walks in behind his poison ball, so my options for getting inside were pretty much: risky ressenha from close range to try and catch him off guard, EX Command Dash into Tenko into Kyakku to get under the poison ball, or try to risk a jump-in MK crossup. In retrospect, I could have probably also used Meioken to just eat the poison ball and maybe hit him?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Ignore the poison if you're talking about v-skill, it does about 50 damage if it runs out completely. I literally play against FANG by pretending that poison doesn't even exist, because it may as well not.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Has Zangief ever been considered top tier in any Street Fighter?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think grapplers in general tend to end up on the lower ends of the tier lists in most fighting games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Poison is an illusion honestly, just ignore it