Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Check back in another hour or so. That's when Forza DLC usually shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
I'm expecting it to show up at 1pm ET/10am PT.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I can't wait to not get any thing done this evening.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Heres a link with all the cars and pictures of them: Click

And a list for people who want it at a glance:

2015 #19 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid
1960 718 RS 60
1957 356A Speedster
1998 #26 Porsche AG 911 GT1 98
2004 911 GT3
1987 #17 Racing Porsche AG 962c
1955 550A Spyder
2011 #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3 RSR
2008 #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo
1989 944 Turbo
1982 911 Turbo 3.3
1970 914/6
2012 Cayenne Turbo
2014 918 Spyder
2015 Macan Turbo
1987 959
2014 911 Turbo S
2015 Cayman GTS
2012 911 GT2 RS
2003 Carrera GT
2012 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (997)

I guess they went with 21 cars so they could market it as "Over 20 cars!" REALLY bummed they skipped the 993 GT2 that was in FM4, that car was badass. Also no 917 but really wasn't expecting to see that. Would have been cool though. Overall I think it's a farily decent mix of cars.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
They have Little Bastard yay

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Porsche Expansion is showing up on xbox.com now, 2.41gb. Should be available. :rice:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

:siren: :siren: DO NOT USE THE DAYTONA PROTOTYPE FROM FEB's CARPACK :siren: :siren:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst58956_Tomorrow-s--3-1-16--Content-Update.aspx

quote:

Tomorrow's update will unfortunately introduce an issue with the 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype, a DLC car from February's Alpinestars Car Pack. With this issue, players who use this car running the Level 3 weight reduction upgrade/tune will experience a game-crashing bug and be forced to wait for the next content update before playing again.

We want to let players know about this ahead of time so they can avoid this situation; for that reason we are recommending that FM6 players avoid using the 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype until we can address this issue in a subsequent content update. It's ok to keep the car in your FM6 garage, just avoid driving it until the next CU. The team is busy working on this subsequent content update now and I hope to have more details on when we will be able to launch that CU in the very near future.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
how the hell does that get through beta testing

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Well that is an incredibly specific bug.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

With the way Turn-10 works, this update won't happen for months if ever.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I said come in! posted:

With the way Turn-10 works, this update won't happen for months if ever.

They will fix it... by silently removing the car from the game and hoping nobody notices. And if someone does notice they will just ignore/delete the thread.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
19 new achievements. :captainpop:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
1. There's a gamebreaking bug in an as of yesterday unreleased game update.
2. Said update did not have an official public announcement of a release date
3. gently caress it. Release it anyway.

What would have been the harm in fixing the bug before a release of an update that didn't have to be released on a specific day? March 1 was just from a leak that wasn't supposed to get out, and was never announced as an official launch date outside of that accidental leak.

A game that won't even start for two weeks if certain conditions are met seems much worse to me than delaying the update a few days to fix the bug.

Edit: Did they ever fix the bug where that one engine swap makes your car never run out of fuel?

Edit 2: Did they ever fix the bug where you couldn't import a vinyl from FM5 if it contained a lower case "a" shape in it?

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 1, 2016

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Top Hats Monthly posted:

how the hell does that get through beta testing

Happens all the time with software. Profits > Function. It was probably something found in the last few days during some full regression tests and was deemed an acceptable risk instead of delaying. Turn10 most likely wants the money on the books for this quarter.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

GutBomb posted:

1. There's a gamebreaking bug in an as of yesterday unreleased game update.
2. Said update did not have an official public announcement of a release date
3. gently caress it. Release it anyway.

What would have been the harm in fixing the bug before a release of an update that didn't have to be released on a specific day? March 1 was just from a leak that wasn't supposed to get out, and was never announced as an official launch date outside of that accidental leak.

A game that won't even start for two weeks if certain conditions are met seems much worse to me than delaying the update a few days to fix the bug.

Edit: Did they ever fix the bug where that one engine swap makes your car never run out of fuel?

Edit 2: Did they ever fix the bug where you couldn't import a vinyl from FM5 if it contained a lower case "a" shape in it?

They wanted to get paid today. hth

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Heres a link with all the cars and pictures of them: Click

And a list for people who want it at a glance:

2015 #19 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid
1960 718 RS 60
1957 356A Speedster
1998 #26 Porsche AG 911 GT1 98
2004 911 GT3
1987 #17 Racing Porsche AG 962c
1955 550A Spyder
2011 #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3 RSR
2008 #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo
1989 944 Turbo
1982 911 Turbo 3.3
1970 914/6
2012 Cayenne Turbo
2014 918 Spyder
2015 Macan Turbo
1987 959
2014 911 Turbo S
2015 Cayman GTS
2012 911 GT2 RS
2003 Carrera GT
2012 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (997)

I guess they went with 21 cars so they could market it as "Over 20 cars!" REALLY bummed they skipped the 993 GT2 that was in FM4, that car was badass. Also no 917 but really wasn't expecting to see that. Would have been cool though. Overall I think it's a farily decent mix of cars.

Still no 928 :sigh:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Grain of salt from the bad forums: "Someone on Forzacentral has noticed a 993 hidden in the video where the text 'over 20 cars' appears."

geeves fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 1, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

geeves posted:

Grain of salt from the bad forums: "Someone on Forzacentral has noticed a 993 hidden in the video where the text 'over 20 cars' appears."

A Unicorn tied to paid DLC is perhaps the most hosed thing they could do. I'm all for it.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Just started downloading Forza's update, it's going real slow and I'm on good internet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Even though it's an inferior version of what's on Xbox One, I am actually looking forward to Forza 6 Apex, there will be a lot more goons to race with.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

I said come in! posted:

Even though it's an inferior version of what's on Xbox One, I am actually looking forward to Forza 6 Apex, there will be a lot more goons to compare single player leaderboard times with.

I fixed that for you.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've spent 25 dollars on video game cars today. Thank you, SMS and Turn 10.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

I fixed that for you.

Wait, is it only single player? Never mind then.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Wait, is it only single player? Never mind then.

No, you can use Porsche in multiplayer. I think what Coja meant was that it doesn't seem many goons are ever online playing forza. I never see anyone on forza, even during the weekends.

What's unknown is if/how VIR will work in private lobbies.

Here are the new achievements

edit: VVVV Oh.

geeves fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 1, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He was talking about Forza 6 Apex, the free Windows 10 game that will not have multiplayer.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So far, mostly good. VIR is fun as hell (just like in iRacing). A bunch of new race events and showcase events, including a VIR short endurance race.

One bug I noticed was that if you select the Forzavista narrator, and then back out, he'll keep talking over the menus and such :v:.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Reddit is very mad about a free game. Something about disrespecting PC gamers or whatever.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

Reddit is very mad about a free game. Something about disrespecting PC gamers or whatever.

At the same time they're mad that they have to pay for the Porsche DLC. :v:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

VIR is teally interesting in the rain. There is nearly 0 traction or friction if you get in the grass...

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Yeah, GB, they did address that one. I've re-imported some vinyls since then and they're fine. No game-crashing issues with using them or anything like that, either.

Also, I am absolutely thrilled to be downloading a Porsche FM expansion right now. Is it perfect? Apparently not. Still really happy about it. I had forgotten there was a track included.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Yeah, GB, they did address that one. I've re-imported some vinyls since then and they're fine. No game-crashing issues with using them or anything like that, either.

Also, I am absolutely thrilled to be downloading a Porsche FM expansion right now. Is it perfect? Apparently not. Still really happy about it. I had forgotten there was a track included.

I wonder if they fixed the bug that you can't add the Cent. Supercharger to the 99 Lancer :v: That was one bugging me all last week.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Wow, interested in Porsche or not, this is a pretty cool DLC.

I see that Virginia International Raceway has Day, Night, and Wet versions of each variant: Full, North, South, Patriot, Patriot Alt, Grand West, and Grand East.

Anthology mode looks very interesting (to me) and the Porsche pack has its own Showcases, Multiplayer, Leagues, and Rivals. Not bad for $20, and I get my beloved '82 911 Turbo 3.3, which was the first Porsche I was aware of (and fell in love with) as a kid. Not sure where I saw it first when I was 11 (some car magazine or poster I think) but I still feel warm fuzzies looking at it.

...and this time when you buy the DLC the cars are all just added to your garage so you don't have to go through the process of adding each one manually.

Time to start learning VIR.

:v:

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 2, 2016

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Putting VIP on sale last week and then not having the VIP discount apply to this DLC is pretty lovely. I want VIR but I'm not paying $20 for it, and I could give a gently caress about Porsche.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I'm not a Porsche fan, but I'm kinda siked for this pack. I'm at a loss for the lack of a 930 though. Wasn't it one of the first true KILLCAR Porsches?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

These Porsches better be winning online races and setting new leaderboard records. I'm not buying them just because they look cool.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Dr. Faustus posted:

Wow, interested in Porsche or not, this is a pretty cool DLC.

I see that Virginia International Raceway has Day, Night, and Wet versions of each variant: Full, North, South, Patriot, Patriot Alt, Grand West, and Grand East.

Anthology mode looks very interesting (to me) and the Porsche pack has its own Showcases, Multiplayer, Leagues, and Rivals. Not bad for $20, and I get my beloved '82 911 Turbo 3.3, which was the first Porsche I was aware of (and fell in love with) as a kid. Not sure where I saw it first when I was 11 (some car magazine or poster I think) but I still feel warm fuzzies looking at it.

...and this time when you buy the DLC the cars are all just added to your garage so you don't have to go through the process of adding each one manually.

Time to start learning VIR.

:v:

Thank christ! Buying this now.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

These Porsches better be winning online races and setting new leaderboard records. I'm not buying them just because they look cool.

The '55 550 is pretty great. Took it up to A class with a bit of power and worked on some grip. It's pretty good all around. Ran 2:00.9 on VIR Full, 2:50-2:52 at Grand East and West and 48 something on the short version which is bound to be a clusterfuck. Worse than Rio Mountain.

The tune is shared if anyone wants to give it a try.

Edit: VIR is a great loving track.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Although I am sure I had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with it, I am quite pleased that the two tracks I suggested Dan and Turn 10 add to the game (Spa and then VIR) were two tracks that Turn 10 added (I told them they should add VIR when I was there last year).

The Porsche pack is pretty great - you can still make a 930 look like a 964 with the bodywork mods, although the lack of a 993 GT2 makes me a bit sad. The 718 is a great little car.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

TheScott2K posted:

Putting VIP on sale last week and then not having the VIP discount apply to this DLC is pretty lovely. I want VIR but I'm not paying $20 for it, and I could give a gently caress about Porsche.

I do not see how a sale of something would imply a discount of something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

jabro posted:

I do not see how a sale of something would imply a discount of something else.

The VIP pass generally discounts dlc.

• Locked thread