Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Flippinlikebirds posted:

They were called Frost Demons in Dragon Ball Multiverse long before that. I'm guessing someone working on Xenoverse included that as a reference.

"Frost Demons" as a name for them has been a thing for longer than DBM has been. It's probably some fanfiction thing but it's been around for ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It sounds like something a dub would add. Could be any one of em really.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Let's just call them Snowmen okay?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Frieza's race, the Friezas

its like Toad in Mario

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

its like Toad in Mario

Considering the whole "Frieza Planet (number)" thing that's not unlikely.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't be surprised if it was in some ancient SNES fighting game or something, where they list each fighters name, race and measurements.

I didn't realize it was possible, but they actually thought of a plot worse than GT's.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I finally got to catch up on the thread since Dragon Team released their subs and I got to watch them tonight.

I really doubt Frost was responsible for what happened to Goku, he looks surprised and exclaims how Goku is wide open before he takes him out. I would assume it was either Hit or Vados doing something.

It is quite amusing to see how much of a through the looking glass character set up everyone has been up to this point. Champa doesn't really care about staying the course of a god of destruction like Beerus, Vados is more of a force to push him down that path than Whis was to Beerus as well. The Saiyans and Arcosians(?) being forces of good to start with as well.

Speaking of Freiza's race, have they ever talked about that at all? I was disappointed to see everyone refer to Frost as Universe 6's Frieza, instead of another of his race.

Frost is a non lethal fighter.
He most probably did something.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a little in love with Frost, I don't think it is unreasonable to hope he become a permanent member of the Z-Fighters? Frieza is one of the only villains that never joined Gokus teams, this would be the perfect oppratunity to correct that mistake. Frost also has the potential to keep up with Goku/Vegita power wise, and we could see exactly what the whole Golden Form is, if Frost tries to learn it for himself (I was always disappointed they didn't show Friezas training!)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I know I was hoping the same thing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rutibex posted:

I'm a little in love with Frost, I don't think it is unreasonable to hope he become a permanent member of the Z-Fighters? Frieza is one of the only villains that never joined Gokus teams, this would be the perfect oppratunity to correct that mistake. Frost also has the potential to keep up with Goku/Vegita power wise, and we could see exactly what the whole Golden Form is, if Frost tries to learn it for himself (I was always disappointed they didn't show Friezas training!)

He threw a vegeta tantrum.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He threw a vegeta tantrum.

It took me a second to realize what you meant and yup, this needs to be canon now. :allears:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Kelp Plankton posted:

its like Toad in Mario

Oh like the Saiyans are any better. King Vegeta, Ruling from the Planet Vegeta, Father of Prince Vegeta, Born in the Month of Vegeta. Hell, it's probably just a common space law of the most powerful/ruler of a planet to name it or have it named after them. Must make visiting earth really confusing for them though. "OKAY WHICH ONE OF YOU IS EARTH?"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Speaking of Vegeta tantrums, I don't think I saw this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD_Amo5T0DE

Now you too can own your very own emotionally crushed Vegeta(with vibrating action)!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
So what needs to happen is instead of Frost joining Goku, Goku and team should join Frost and stop whatever problems Universe 6 Champa was supposed to help with.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm unreasonably excited about the preview of the next episode, with Piccolo pulling out every trick in the book to get a full charge Special Beam Cannon.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that is the hype-est poo poo in the world, to me

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I agree, next episode looks sick as gently caress

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Piccolo and his Advanced Techniques battling the only Real Noble Hero the series has ever known, and it's all next week... what a time to live... The universe is so vast...

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Are there any Dragonball figures that use magnetic stuff to float in the air instead of stands because that Vegeta having a stick going up his butt is hilarious and totally ruins the figure

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Piccolo and his Advanced Techniques battling the only Real Noble Hero the series has ever known, and it's all next week... what a time to live... The universe is so vast...

What's great about Dragon Ball at this point is that we aren't wondering about who is more powerful, but instead, what wacky strategy/technique will cause a victory?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Are there any Dragonball figures that use magnetic stuff to float in the air instead of stands because that Vegeta having a stick going up his butt is hilarious and totally ruins the figure
This is a goddamn lie and you know it.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
maybe piccolo will blind him with the clothes beam and then grow really big and step on him

Or use stretchy arms to hold him in place while he charges a special beam cannon

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

visceril posted:

maybe piccolo will blind him with the clothes beam and then grow really big and step on him

Or use stretchy arms to hold him in place while he charges a special beam cannon

Piccolo is clearly going to spit out some egg minions to fight the battle for him.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

it looks like he is using some sort of recursive split form technique.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

it looks like he is using some sort of recursive split form technique.

Ah, he has figured out the secret of infinite power levels. Tiens Multi-form technique + Fusion dance = unlimited power.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm hoping he did what he did in that one GBA game- revived and fused with Demon King Piccolo for a power boost.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Raxivace posted:

I'm hoping he did what he did in that one GBA game- revived and fused with Demon King Piccolo for a power boost.

What are the chances Whis takes Piccolo to some swampy planet and has him enter a cave where he fights Piccolo Daimao.

"What's in there?"

"You, for starters. lots of other things could be in there"

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Kelp Plankton posted:

Really? Personally, I thought the massive facial ruined it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Whoever said the animation wasn't good this episode was wrong because this Frost fight is pretty good

(especially compared to base goku vs. final frieza)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

visceril posted:

What are the chances Whis takes Piccolo to some swampy planet and has him enter a cave where he fights Piccolo Daimao.

"What's in there?"

"You, for starters. lots of other things could be in there"

Your hellzone grenades... you will not need them.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Kelp Plankton posted:

They'd have to be really goddamn strong magnets to make your average figure float, so no.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
Now that the anime is ahead of the manga I've started watching it. I heard the animation was bad, but I still wasn't prepared for this. I guess the Super manga will be the definitive version when it's finished.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Flippinlikebirds posted:

Now that the anime is ahead of the manga I've started watching it. I heard the animation was bad, but I still wasn't prepared for this. I guess the Super manga will be the definitive version when it's finished.

Are you watching the blu ray remaster release?

Also, people constantly complaining about the animation REALLY need to look at the original series. If you're expecting amazing art, you're watching the wrong series.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

There have been two laughably bad episodes - 5 and the first episode Goku fights Frieza in. The rest is on par with the rest of the series.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aurora posted:

There have been two laughably bad episodes - 5 and the first episode Goku fights Frieza in. The rest is on par with the rest of the series.

Episode 5 got brought up to close to the rest of the series with the blu-ray release at least. But those two are exceptions, not the rule.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm agreeing with you.

I'm watching DB right now and some of this is real bad.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I like Super a lot but the animation does take you out of it a lot of times. Even in episodes that aren't that bad, there's a shabbyness to everyones design. Not to mention fight scene animation has mostly sucked. Goku vs Botamo had a part where Goku flew behind him and it legit looked like that gag from family guy when they cut the animation budget.

idk, I don't need gorgeous animation from by dragon ball, even thought itd be p cool, but id like for them to get it up to at least average

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Newer, sleeker anime has spoiled us, it's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

One Punch Man ruined all other anime by comparison

• Locked thread