Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Skellybones posted:

Did the latest patch actually break all the doors

I'm starting to think everyone saying that SC is a waste of talent, might actually be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Scruffpuff posted:

I wonder what the reality behind the shift is.

On one hand, it seems that the focus on SQ42 was precipitated by declining funds, leading Roberts to feel that if he was to poo poo on the world before running out of cash, he had to put all resources on SQ42 this year while he still could.
On the other hand, it seems that they could have milked this cow for far longer before everyone gave up hope and saw it for the scam that it has become, meaning he could have kept up the regular pace on SQ42 just fine.

It seems odd to me, although ultimately I am pleased, that he decided to go this route - he is, as you stated, forcing his own hand. If and when SQ42 releases, the media will be merciless, and the most fun part of this wreck will begin in earnest. He just may be deluded enough about this turd that he thinks it's impossible that he'll get anything but industry-wide accolades. So many good times coming. So many.

If they are to have any hope of not getting hosed when this ship starts sinking they'll have to be able to claim that they delivered the products people paid for which necessarily includes Squadron 42. Then if that flops and the money runs out...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MeLKoR posted:

When I read his posts I got the impression that he was in for $2500, got a refund and then bought back in for a lower figure when 2.0 came out, not the other way around.

no, he definitely bought back in for 2500 because :downs:

but its ok because he totally turned a profit selling ships :laugh:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

That's odd, is anyone else getting that?

it is working on my PC but not on my mobile

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

is there already a reddit post about how someone enjoyed this bug because it forced them to befriend other trapped commandos?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Found this in Games › Naval Action - Nevermind about maneuvers, go straight at 'em

hakimashou posted:

I caused some drama on the pvp2 server today. My name on there is Derek Smart Fan

I am a british on there and was participating in a port defense against some smallish american clan called USS. I hosed a couple of thier ships up and then fireshipped into their lines when they caught me on fire, pretty early in the battle. Went into spectator mode afterward and started talking poo poo. Told them they could still flee, etc, told them USS stood for United States Sunk, and started listing their ships as they sunk. Eventually started saying 'yankee go home' over and over, and then spammed all the lyrics to "Heart of Oak," the british navy anthem.

We beat em, battle was over, started gloating in Global. Guys in the main US zerg guild started talking poo poo about how they'd capped some who-cares ports half way across the world from britain recently, told them "no one care." "no one care enough to go defend them no one care."

He got salty and said "you know what, i gotta tell you something Derek." "What happens next, is because you opened your mouth Derek."

Followed by lots more poo poo talking about how they were coming for us, they were gonna kill everyone at Kingston, we weren't going to have a capitol anymore, blah blah.

4 hours later, their ships of the line finally show up, along with their prized possession, the Pavel 2nd rate they crafted, their first one, the first one on the American faction, maybe the first one on the whole server.

It got sunk along with the rest of them in a big battle outside kingston. They got their poo poo pushed in.

yankee. go. home.

Thought it deserved mention here :gary:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

LowellDND posted:

Few pages back, but how would this work? Im writing scifi and that sounds awesome :D

For the record, don't answer this. Don't let LowellDND within a hundred miles of any more thermonuclear reactions.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

G0RF posted:

It can, it is. They have stated as much. They had a big meeting of the minds earlier this year to plan out some kind of roadmap for PTU updates but my guess is that really meant lining up their planned ship sales for the rest of the year. They use the term 'incremental development' as shorthand for 'we're making it up as we go along', and as Scruffpuff noted in a post 100 pages ago, they've shown just how true that suspicion is with their PTU updates.

I am quoting it in full because it's the answer to your question in elaborately damning detail.

One of these days, I really need to watch an episode of 10 For The Charlatan. (Which is what my mind read when I saw 10 For The Chairman.)

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

For the record, don't answer this. Don't let LowellDND within a hundred miles of any more thermonuclear reactions.

Be honest, it sounds loving AWESOME for the Eldar, dont you think? :D

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

Do you have cattes in your house?

I DID, but someone pushed them down the stairs. So, no more cattes.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

:pgabz: is but feline, not a god.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ponzi posted:

Maybe the energy IS the ammo - think 'futuristic disposable fuel cell type thing'

But fuckit. I'm not providing CIG with handwavium explanations for their lore for free. I have other great ideas, but if CIG are interested, they can PM me, and we'll discuss a 'consultant' role, with my exhorbitant fee being paid into my account in the Cayman Islands.

Naaaaah, you need a heavy element to strip particles from to accelerate. Can't have a particle projector without particles.

I mean, maybe...

Just wondering how long it will be until CIG introduces our discussion as changes in a future patch.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Scruffpuff posted:

I wonder what the reality behind the shift is.

On one hand, it seems that the focus on SQ42 was precipitated by declining funds, leading Roberts to feel that if he was to poo poo on the world before running out of cash, he had to put all resources on SQ42 this year while he still could.
On the other hand, it seems that they could have milked this cow for far longer before everyone gave up hope and saw it for the scam that it has become, meaning he could have kept up the regular pace on SQ42 just fine.

It seems odd to me, although ultimately I am pleased, that he decided to go this route - he is, as you stated, forcing his own hand. If and when SQ42 releases, the media will be merciless, and the most fun part of this wreck will begin in earnest. He just may be deluded enough about this turd that he thinks it's impossible that he'll get anything but industry-wide accolades. So many good times coming. So many.

Y'know, if Chris-R is really itching to talk about SQ42, then he can just put some "submitted questions" in his next 10FTC that ask him about it.

That leads me to suspect that he doesn't care all that much about the game-elements of SQ42.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ponzi posted:

Sorry I misunderstood and got this the wrong way around. I thought I was supposed to post complete poo poo and every third post (or less) write something that took a little thought.

This is also an acceptable (if more common) strategy. For reference, see every post I've ever made (about two of them are effortposts).

Also, for maximum shitposting make sure to reply to each person who quoted you in a separate post, and try to do it out of order like I'm about to.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

What's the official stance on posting pictures of animal poo poo?

Well, as someone who joined up a scant handful of months before you and created this monstrosity:

I feel comfortable giving you advice on posting etiquette (that I clearly know loving nothing about) so yes, go ahead and do this, but if you're going to post pictures of animal poo poo, at least badly paste a shitizens face on it first.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Well, as someone who joined up a scant handful of months before you and created this monstrosity:

I feel comfortable giving you advice on posting etiquette (that I clearly know loving nothing about) so yes, go ahead and do this, but if you're going to post pictures of animal poo poo, at least badly paste a shitizens face on it first.

Whats this about posting pictures of animal poo poo? I just see a picture of Ben Lesnick.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also, if you triple post you get 4 hours of access to the special forum where we talk about You need a Platinum Account to see this post

e: god damnit.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
There should be a table near the spawn rooms that you can stand and jump on to glitch through the level and get outside the station. I doubt they have fixed it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Phi230 posted:

Whats this about posting pictures of animal poo poo? I just see a picture of Ben Lesnick.

Ah, you're close but you have some learning left to do. A genuine picture of Ben Lesnick would include his weirdo backwards hands.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Y'know, if Chris-R is really itching to talk about SQ42, then he can just put some "submitted questions" in his next 10FTC that ask him about it.

That leads me to suspect that he doesn't care all that much about the game-elements of SQ42.

This is what I was mostly getting at- I think the guys "producing" 10FTC know the viewers aren't really interested in those questions- everyone wants to use the show to find out about how Chris will give them their own special unique job in Star Citizen.

I think goons should submit some solid questions on how SQ42 is going and some of his vision for it. I suspect he'll be far more excited to answer those- and more likely to say something really dumb.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

That's odd, is anyone else getting that?

Fine for me here in Australia. Love your work :pgabz:

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

MilesK posted:

gently caress 8ace too if he's still taking a paycheck.

are you loving serious

MilesK posted:

Sorry, I was angry. You're cool.
Now burn down this company please.

Ah. No problem, happens to us all

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Okay serious?
This is an actual dev response?

HOW? I... gently caress.

HAHAHAHAHA the slapping sound you hear is every real game developer in history simultaneously facepalming. Yeah I'm behind the thread gently caress y'all it's like a second job keeping up

EightAce posted:

could be . That Stimpire thing has caused a lot of embarrasment

Would they ban me for making a Solar Plebian lore effortpost that referenced the Stimpire yet broke no rules? I genuinely think the brown sea being funny on purpose would be an entertaining change

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, on a funny side note, Disco just said when he played EVE he was in GoonSwarm. Disco = EightAce confirmed?

Or he was in DPG. Wish I still had that jpg of a crotch wearing a codpiece they used as a sig on the eve forums

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, if you triple post you get 4 hours of access to the special forum where we talk about You need a Platinum Account to see this post

e: god damnit.

Yeah, got denied in there. Now you'll have to wait until that ability recharges

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

trucutru posted:

Yeah, got denied in there. Now you'll have to wait until that ability recharges

God damnit, that cooldown is such a pain in the rear end, too... I knew I should have put more points into shitposting.

In other, completely unrelated news, my girlfriend edited, blew up, and framed a picture of a stingray I took, and now for the first time I have something I made hanging on my walls by my desk. It's a weird feeling, but it's pretty cool to be like "Hey, I made that poo poo. That's awesome."

I highly recommend printing poo poo out and putting it on your walls.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

This is what I was mostly getting at- I think the guys "producing" 10FTC know the viewers aren't really interested in those questions- everyone wants to use the show to find out about how Chris will give them their own special unique job in Star Citizen.

I think goons should submit some solid questions on how SQ42 is going and some of his vision for it. I suspect he'll be far more excited to answer those- and more likely to say something really dumb.

"Will Pusher be romancable?" That alone will cause more drama than anything so far.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

So, many emails, and several CS tickets and no word on my ban.

You think they're just flat out ignoring banned people now? Have any of you other bans heard anything?

Yeah they pretty much ignored both of my requests.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

That's basically because, as I have said, he picked the wrong loving engine to do this with.

He picked the wrong way to do it. All of it.
The engine is just a tiny part of it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SirPhoebos posted:

crobbers what is the ratio of gameplay to cutscenes in sq42?

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

I am Chris Robert, sat up late at night, thesaurus and red pencil in hand

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
I'm still hundreds of pages behind.
What happened to goon de yadda?

Still two weeks?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

"Will Pusher be romancable?" That alone will cause more drama than anything so far.

:devil:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

:gary: Check your PM's :yarg:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

You need to have certifications for consoles before that.

to be perfectly honest, this is the part i'm looking forward to the most

they have to release their pre-alpha-alpha builds wholesale about 8 or 9 times per version before it starts even resembling something playable

it's bad enough with a digital download console game (especially if they're dealing with SCEE), but could you imagine what this is going to look like if they do a physical game disc, where every one of the 6 day one patches is "redownload it from scratch again"?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Beer. You should do the thing you've been PM'd about.

Do. It.

And record it, for us.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Weren't they talking about building an actual patcher like a month or two ago? How is that still not done?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Illegal Move posted:

Ignoring everything else that's wrong about what he said, how exactly is it unfair for the community to expect features form the developers two years after they were supposed to be released? Like in what world is it unfair for me to expect a product that I've paid for?

Hello from 20 pages ago or whatever

The reason is: If CiG develops a road map, the shitizens can't dream anymore and they risk killing their funding.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Weren't they talking about building an actual patcher like a month or two ago? How is that still not done?

size of patch = amount of progress

obviously if they have to update 30 gigs everytime the game is doing great!

now if the patches were like 300megs then :siren: panic :siren:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

I highly recommend printing poo poo out and putting it on your walls.

Sorry, but I am not into your German-like fetishes

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

How do you roadmap a game where scope expands with every nebulous answer to a softball question? How do you plan to tackle infinity itself? And can you imagine the furor if something is left off the roadmap that some whale has hung his entire immersion on?

Didn't they just hire an archivist? Perhaps she can go through the giant shitpile of information they've spewed out on countless videos of mostly-noise & scrape together an actual feature set, which they could then try and roadmap. But they'd actually have to stop letting anyone talk about random poo poo on camera multiple times a week & focus on actual development.

So that's not gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

runsamok posted:

How do you roadmap a game where scope expands with every nebulous answer to a softball question? How do you plan to tackle infinity itself? And can you imagine the furor if something is left off the roadmap that some whale has hung his entire immersion on?

Didn't they just hire an archivist? Perhaps she can go through the giant shitpile of information they've spewed out on countless videos of mostly-noise & scrape together an actual feature set, which they could then try and roadmap. But they'd actually have to stop letting anyone talk about random poo poo on camera multiple times a week & focus on actual development.

So that's not gonna happen.

The job of the archivist is to keep track of the lore. Why would they care about what they said in real life?

• Locked thread