Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

Baronjutter posted:

They're arbitrary and what we as a society want them to be. The globalization of many business and IP laws is a perfectly fine thing to be against.

well it's a good thing that canada has the stellar international reputation and gravitas to influence the formulation of these arbitrary laws to conform to our values and beliefs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
When I had no money, I was against intellectual property protections. Now that I have money, and make money off intellectual property that I create, I am a fan of intellectual property protections.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

PT6A posted:

When I had no money, I was against intellectual property protections. Now that I have money, and make money off intellectual property that I create, I am a fan of intellectual property protections.

Another precious contribution to fygm.txt.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Cultural Imperial posted:

it must be glorious to sit in your hipster marxist hugbox and pretend that intellectual property laws are imaginary

What does that even mean? I get that your posts are more performance art than actual argument and that you'll always pick a sick burn over being coherent, but even granting you that low standard I can't exactly piece together why you think criticizing intellectual property means someone thinks "intellectual property laws are imaginary". It is literally the opposite: intellectual property are a very real barrier to affordable medication. This is on par with some of your other greatest hits like when you couldn't understand the difference between a toothless UN treaty and an ISDS.

Also :lol: that the thread where you're the number one poster (and half the other posters are seemingly distressed millenials one bad day away from suicide) is a "hugbox". You sure do like to pretend you're not the single most prolific poster in this thread.

I'll own the hipster marxism though, even if I do identify more as a Tokin Trot.

Franks Happy Place posted:

Are... are you just now working through the realization he isn't a very smart person? :confused:

Did you not pick that up from the fact that he was the only one who was taken in by Hal's insane, nonsensical appeals to authority? Nobody with half a clue could be excused for reading a Hal post and thinking "Yes, this person knows what they are talking about!"

Please just put Ethnically Han Holden Caulfield on ignore and save us the weekly derails.

I think I give CI a pass for the numerous stupid things he says because for some reason I find his constant attacks on Canadians and his nouveau riche posturing kinda funny and its a nice contrast to the serious posting. It's also hard for an insult to have much sting when it's coming from somebody who comes off as severely unhappy and quite possibly having an actual borderline personality disorder.

cowofwar posted:

Why even have countries if they give away their sovereignty to international corporations? It's not sustainable longterm.

It's cheaper to have a public court and police system to keep AIDs medicine out of the filthy hands of anyone irresponsible enough to get sick without insurance.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

eXXon posted:

Not really. I was wrong to do what I did, and I want intellectual property protections to be extended to everyone else as well as myself. People deserve to be compensated for the intellectual property they create.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

well it's a good thing that canada has the stellar international reputation and gravitas to influence the formulation of these arbitrary laws to conform to our values and beliefs

Seems like they managed to work it out with the Europeans a little, chief.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Helsing posted:

I think I give CI a pass for the numerous stupid things he says because for some reason I find his constant attacks on Canadians and his nouveau riche posturing kinda funny and its a nice contrast to the serious posting. It's also hard for an insult to have much sting when it's coming from somebody who comes off as severely unhappy and quite possibly having an actual borderline personality disorder.

I agree he is a harmless idiot, but please don't waste your glorious effort posts on him. It's like watching Noam Chomsky critique an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives because Guy Fieri's syntax is sloppy, you know?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Helsing posted:

I think I give CI a pass for the numerous stupid things he says because for some reason I find his constant attacks on Canadians and his nouveau riche posturing kinda funny and its a nice contrast to the serious posting.

I think the deep dark secret is he's actually one of them.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

eXXon posted:

I thought it was a joke but nope. PT6A gonna PT6A.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Are y'all ready for eternal president TRUMP?

He won Georgia with 50% of the loving vote.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

MA-Horus posted:

That's with 6% reporting. Wait until Texas is done and then we can celebrate Trump.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Alabama, Georgia, Mass and Tennessee, gonna win Virginia, leading in Vermont.

Chaos reigns.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Tsyni posted:

That's with 6% reporting. Wait until Texas is done and then we can celebrate Trump.

They call entire states at 10% counted, but yeah republican nomination trump is going to happen.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
How many of these people do you think are voting for Trump simply because they're so sick and tired of the political system in the US that they want to see the entire thing burn?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

EvilJoven posted:

How many of these people do you think are voting for Trump simply because they're so sick and tired of the political system in the US that they want to see the entire thing burn?

Definitely a non-zero number. It's pretty hosed up.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
He's connected to such a vast array of voters I really have no idea. Some believe every word he says, others ignore most of his rhetoric but think his anti-PC message is great, the anti-immigrant crowd loves him, immigrants somehow believe him making America great again :gop:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Helsing posted:

Also :lol: that the thread where you're the number one poster (and half the other posters are seemingly distressed millenials one bad day away from suicide) is a "hugbox". You sure do like to pretend you're not the single most prolific poster in this thread.

Actually, not by a long shot.

There's a reason PT6A-chat dominates this thread.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

MA-Horus posted:

Oh gently caress, it's Tuesday.

I'll just be over here hiding under this rock...

pointers
Sep 4, 2008

Helsing posted:

hi as someone with "an actual" BPD can you not

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

People pissed off with the status quo come out to vote in big numbers. Anger is a motivator.

See; Trudeau, Justin.
See; Canadian Federal Election, 2015.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
It's depressing seeing the southern, poor, black states vote overwhelmingly for Clinton. Talk about voting against your own interests out of ignorance.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Sanders supports welfare, what else do the blacks want??

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

Helsing posted:

What does that even mean? I get that your posts are more performance art than actual argument and that you'll always pick a sick burn over being coherent, but even granting you that low standard I can't exactly piece together why you think criticizing intellectual property means someone thinks "intellectual property laws are imaginary". It is literally the opposite: intellectual property are a very real barrier to affordable medication. This is on par with some of your other greatest hits like when you couldn't understand the difference between a toothless UN treaty and an ISDS.

leave it to u to rehash the evils of globalization :rolleyes:

let's see how cheap we can buy things like medication by withdrawing from all trade agreements, thereby forcing drug companies to come bargain at the table on our terms. then maybe you can afford your autism spectrum drugs and fend off the forums microaggressions

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

Franks Happy Place posted:

I agree he is a harmless idiot, but please don't waste your glorious effort posts on him. It's like watching Noam Chomsky critique an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives because Guy Fieri's syntax is sloppy, you know?

look mister weed mentat not everyone agrees with how you want to change the world one forums post at a time let alone pay respects to your posting gravitas

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

more like dICK posted:

I know this is a poo poo post but Sanders has been pushing hard on issues that drive inequality which is greatest and most pronounced along racial lines in the southern states. Also Sanders has been a civil rights ally for a long-rear end time so it's a bit of a slap in the face for people to be voting for Clinton because she married President Booty Giggity.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/calgary-woman-with-als-to-become-first-non-quebecer-to-legally-receive-doctor-assisted-death

quote:

A Calgary woman with ALS will become the first non-Quebecer to legally die with the aid of a doctor on Canadian soil, according to a precedent-setting ruling by Alberta’s Court of Queen’s Bench.

“I do not wish to have continued suffering and to die of this illness by choking. I feel that my time has come to go in peace,” said the woman, identified in court documents only as H.S.

Cleared by the court to seek a “physician-assisted death if she so chooses,” the woman is soon expected to seek a medication-induced death in British Columbia.

hurrah! A great victory for all of us canadians! Who can honestly argue that it is not a net benefit to all canadians when a court of law approves the act of putting calgarians to death

bonus: bc - still the best place on earth

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

more like dICK posted:

how is this post not bannable?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

how is this post not bannable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0AI-N98r2E

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
when i saw sanders get trolled by those black lives matters clowns i knew he would get crushed by the trump so it's probably a good thing so that he won't get embarrassed

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Sanders and Clinton both poll better than Trump so don't die of irony poisoning just yet.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Dreylad posted:

Sanders and Clinton both poll better than Drumpf so don't die of irony poisoning just yet.

I just got that Google Chrome extension and it is hilarious.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/MicahSingleton/status/704872345735925760

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So Trump will gently caress us over more with lumber and beef disputes?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I honestly think that I would vote for Trump in the general over Hillary if I were American. You can have Sanders try his damndest to fix the horrible broken totally corrupt and worthless system or you can have Donald Trump go crazy and do nonsensical poo poo completely out of reach of the moneyed interests that usually influence American politics. Either way is better than more of the same.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

ChairMaster posted:

I honestly think that I would vote for Trump in the general over Hillary if I were American. You can have Sanders try his damndest to fix the horrible broken totally corrupt and worthless system or you can have Donald Trump go crazy and do nonsensical poo poo completely out of reach of the moneyed interests that usually influence American politics. Either way is better than more of the same.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Kafka Esq. posted:

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Why? Because you accidentally thought ChairMaster might have a lucid, sane opinion about something?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Yes, a lot of disaffected men are backing Trump with little regard for the consequences it would have on others.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh whatever, the president's not a dictator and Trump knows perfectly well that he doesn't get to ban muslims from entering the country or any of that dumb poo poo, he just says it to get stupid people to vote for him. It's literally his whole campaign strategy.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

"A retard can't actually do all the retarded things he proposes doing, so I'll vote for him and hope he doesn't do very many retarded things."

Yep, that makes sense!

I mean, I think Trump is unironically better than his republican competition, because they are all literally insane, but I can't believe any sane person would consider voting for any republican candidate in the general election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I never said I didn't think he'd do anything retarded, just that the only really harmful things he wants to do are pretty much impossible. I'd love to see him do crazy stupid poo poo that pisses everyone off, what's it to me, the theoretical average american voter? I'm hosed either way, there's a big rear end recession coming and neither Hillary nor Trump can stop it or would care to if they could.