Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Go Sanders? :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Hanging chads?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Nanomashoes posted:

Superdelegates didn't save her in 2008.

2008 and 2016 are vastly different elections. She had a lead in Supers, but it was much closer than the one now. There was a legitimate debate among democratic party elites over Obama vs the Clinton Camp that simply does not exist now.

While those voters could switch, the chances of that now are exceptionally unlikely. Sanders has shown none of the key sort of signals that would cause a shift in opinion among elites, and he is unlikely to win enough delegates at this point for it to be close enough for them to matter.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Prorat posted:

MSNBC sucking Trumps D on his press conference tonight

There was an article about them this week saying they won't be as liberal any more.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

triple sulk posted:

MSNBC showing those delegate numbers and holy gently caress how do you possibly spin it that you can keep going on

Superdelegates kinda don't count and MSNBC is only including them to make Bernie look bad

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
What's going on with Massachusetts?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The AP calls MA for Hillary.

By the way, Amherst did turn out and voted for Bernie 5,293 to 2,663.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
NYT had it for Bernie, and has now switched it back to being called for Clinton.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
So, Sanders is winning MA now?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

EugeneJ posted:

Superdelegates kinda don't count and MSNBC is only including them to make Bernie look bad

They are not.

Amused to Death posted:

He is not.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Dirty Chub posted:

Why is the Washington Post calling Mass for Bernie?
I know very little about the US and am going just from the Guardian website but while Clinton is ahead in total vote count, but maybe some of the precincts left are going waaaay to Bernie? edit: scrub this, looks like it was just bollocks. :v:

Trapezium Dave has issued a correction as of 05:51 on Mar 2, 2016

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

Well, the latter part of this statement is true.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
These are drawing off the AP feed, which accidentally put down Bernie when they actually called it for Hillary.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

A Neurotic Jew posted:

NYT had it for Bernie, and has now switched it back to being called for Clinton.

Yeah, I saw the switch and it was clearly some kind of malfunction.

Amused to Death posted:

Nope, it's been called for Hillary solidly now.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Amused to Death posted:

No.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I don't know what's better: bern salt or Rubio.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chuck Todd even said earlier that it's stupid to include them

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

superdelegates aren't going to go against a mandate. lumping them together with pledged delegates this early is a bad idea.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

What the hell is this Massachusetts business?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mystic_Shadow posted:

Don't count superdelegates in the total. Those can change, they're not fixed.

Okay fine, she's up ~700 to ~200. Being up 500 pledged delegates is effectively the same as being up ~600 total delegates.

It's over.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Wait, now the Guardian has called MA for Clinton. :lol:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Were Hillary and Bernie scheduled to have another debate soon?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

Chuck Todd even said earlier that it's stupid to include them

I think it was until now. At this point, switching isn't likely to happen.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Republicans posted:

Two next week.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

What the hell is this Massachusetts business?

AP clicked the wrong button, which sent it out to a bunch of other newsites that us AP for their feed, then fixed it.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Republicans posted:

On the 6th, in Flint. I doubt Bernie drops out before that.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

DemeaninDemon posted:

I don't know what's better: bern salt or Rubio.

I just don't get the attraction of Hillary. Someone try and sell her to me. On her merits, not electability.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/704888271411744773

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Cruz says he will allow his opponents time for "prayer and contemplation" in terms of deciding to drop out. So, y'know, God is on his side.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Aurubin posted:

I just don't get the attraction of Hillary. Someone try and sell her to me. On her merits, not electability.

not a loving republican

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Republicans posted:

Next debate is this Sunday night in Flint, Michigan on CNN

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Aurubin posted:

Uh, left of a Blue Dog. Has a tendency to evolve to the left, sorta. Was an okay Secretary of State. First woman president, so that's cool. Uh. Not Trump. Not Cruz. Not Republican.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Ted Cruz on CNN saying that Trump is going to implement Bernie Sanders' health care plan.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

Uh, left of a Blue Dog. Has a tendency to evolve to the left, sorta. Was an okay Secretary of State. First woman president, so that's cool. Uh. Not Trump. Not Cruz. Not Republican.

3 SCOTUS appointments.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

axeil posted:

Okay fine, she's up ~700 to ~200. Being up 500 pledged delegates is effectively the same as being up ~600 total delegates.

It's over.

700 to 400 from what I saw of those MSNBC numbers.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Minnesota owns

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

3 SCOTUS appointments.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a transcript or summary of Trump's press conference somewhere? I can't stand to listen to, or look at him, but I'm interested in what he said.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

EugeneJ posted:

Next debate is this Sunday night in Flint, Michigan on CNN

Now THATS a shithole of a state. (Minus Ann Arbor and the UP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Hillary's MA win is very similar to her NV win: Sanders getting them close is very impressive, but given those two particular states over the line means his campaign's going to be toast very shortly. :sigh:

I mean, that and the statistics, of course, but it's telling.

• Locked thread