Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Holy gently caress Van Jones vs Jeffery Lord on CNN. Lord may well be the densest motherfucker I have seen on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Potato Salad posted:

So, it looks like I need to swallow voting neoliberal. Well gently caress.

Gut instincts: is HRC going to eat poo poo for email shenanigans, will the FBI/DSS let her go setting a dangerous precedent, or some third option?

:lol: sorry about your emotional investment not paying off but if you thought the email server was a thing you're hilariously mistaken.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Potato Salad posted:

So, it looks like I need to swallow voting neoliberal. Well gently caress.

Gut instincts: is HRC going to eat poo poo for email shenanigans, will the FBI/DSS let her go setting a dangerous precedent, or some third option?

An objective legal analysis makes it seem very unlikely that she broke any actual laws. What she did may display poor judgement but people calling it illegal are reading their own desires into the situation.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
The electoral maps show pretty much every county in the deep south voting in lockstep for Clinton and Trump, proving once and for all that the south is completely irredeemable garbage.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

VirtualStranger posted:

The electoral maps show pretty much every county in the south voting in lockstep for Clinton and Trump, proving once and for all that the south is completely irredeemable garbage.

Given that all the african americans in the south were voting in the dem primary, and for clinton, nice post here.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Rubio may well win Minnesota :getin:

But.... why?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

https://twitter.com/roqchams/status/704875923128975360

I didn't know who the hell Jeffrey Lord was until tonight but this guy is basically the worst

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

VirtualStranger posted:

The electoral maps show pretty much every county in the deep south voting in lockstep for Clinton and Trump, proving once and for all that the south is completely irredeemable garbage.

Bernbros aren't racist, no siree.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ColdPie posted:

How did you do this three times?

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Is Lord the guy arguing that the KKK was a leftist organization and democrats divide the country by race?

I enjoy how everyone is freaking out because Trump is winning.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Rabble posted:

Is Lord the guy arguing that the KKK was a leftist organization and democrats divide the country by race?

Yes. Van Jones is the black man trying to reason with the brick wall there

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Fried Chicken posted:

Holy gently caress Van Jones vs Jeffery Lord on CNN. Lord may well be the densest motherfucker I have seen on TV.

That was loving incredible

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Hey, Minnesota got called for Rubio. Maybe now Ted Cruz will finally shut up with his dumb line about being the only person who's beaten Trump.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Rabble posted:

I'm one of the irredeemable trash sub-humans in a Southern state and friends of mine were talking about how their offices, full of loud conservatives, apparently didn't bother with voting today. Trump stomping all over Georgia was the fault of an unmotivated populace letting the crazy folk go for the gold.

I'm honestly curious because lots of my coworkers admitted they didn't vote, but were worried about Trump winning. Is it because the "other guys" were so terrible? :shrug: What loving excuse do you have for not voting, when you're a white-collar shitlord that can take a morning off with no repercussions?

Edit: Holy gently caress I'm bad at grammar.

funeral home DJ fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 2, 2016

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Reminder that CPAC is in 2 days* and will be the most glorious dumpster fire imaginable this year

*do we want a separate thread for it?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
And Sanders also wins Minnesota, which brings him up to 4 states vs Clinton's 6, with Massachusetts still uncalled.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

computer parts posted:

Bernbros aren't racist, no siree.

silvergoose posted:

Given that all the african americans in the south were voting in the dem primary, and for clinton, nice post here.

I thought you loved statistics? Bring on the turn out figures!

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:
Holy hell the GOP toxx thread is going to be amazing this year.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

Peggy goddamn Noonan is on CBS crying into her loving beer about how we're watching the GOP shatter before our eyes.

Lady Noonington Tears are the sweetest of the Old White Tears, do you have a link?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Donald Trump has now won 8 states, making him so far the only candidate eligible for the GOP nomination

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Colorado has been called for Bernie :woop:

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

vyelkin posted:

Hey, Minnesota got called for Rubio. Maybe now Ted Cruz will finally shut up with his dumb line about being the only person who's beaten Trump.
It's still the only state he's won at this point. Rubio is dead.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

wow

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

It's still the only state he's won at this point. Rubio is dead.

2nd a lot though! He'll pull it out just like his previous version Romneybot 2.0.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The KKK was the military arm of the Democratic Party.

Just going to let that sit in my mouth like a fine wine.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Fried Chicken posted:

Donald Trump has now won 8 states, making him so far the only candidate eligible for the GOP nomination

What does "eligible" mean in this case?

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

All the news orgs are currently calling Massachusetts for Bernie, even though the results show him 2 points down?

:psyduck:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Star Man posted:

I'm sick and have midterms to write, so I had to stay home from caucusing. I never get to caucus or primary :(

Shame on you! (Yeah I'm in CO, should've mentioned that)

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

VirtualStranger posted:

All the news orgs are currently calling Massachusetts for Bernie, even though the results show him 2 points down?

:psyduck:

NYT has HRC winning MA by 3 points w/91% reporting

Academician Nomad
Jan 29, 2016

Ron Jeremy posted:

I mean, that's true. The emphasis is just on the "was"

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Inglonias posted:

What does "eligible" mean in this case?

There's a rule on the books that a candidate has to win a certain number of states to be considered eligible at the convention. The trick is that the RNC can (and has) changed that rule before the convention; they last did it to block potential shenanigan from Ron Paul supporters.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

HookedOnChthonics posted:

NYT has HRC winning MA by 3 points w/91% reporting

There must have been some kind of mistake. The election maps on WaPo and NYT both showed him as the projected winner a couple minutes ago but they've been switched back now.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

McDowell posted:

I thought you loved statistics? Bring on the turn out figures!

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/02/us/politics/democratic-primary-results.html

quote:

In Alabama, Georgia and Virginia, blacks accounted for more than half the population in some districts, while Hispanics dominated many of the Texas Senate districts that allocated delegates on Tuesday. Mrs. Clinton had some of her best results in these regions and was poised to build a lead of 100 delegates or more over Mr. Sanders, the same margin that Mr. Obama established in 2008 — and one that Mrs. Clinton was never able to overcome.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
The Guardian seems to be calling MA for Clinton: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...4b054e3a47b4ebc

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

VirtualStranger posted:

There must have been some kind of mistake. The election maps on WaPo and NYT both showed him as the projected winner but they've been switched back now.

It's a conspiracy between the blacks who don't know what's best for them and the bilderbergers of bohemian grove who own all the media and banks and are just twisting reality to hand the primary to hillary

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Moktaro posted:

Shame on you! (Yeah I'm in CO, should've mentioned that)

Seriously. I would have called in sick at my internship today if I didn't also have errands to do on campus today.

Also, lol if Kasich even stays in this race any longer. And lol that Ben Carson plans to stay in this poo poo anymore. He doesn't have a prayer.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Population is not the same as registered voters - much less who actually shows up.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Star Man posted:

And lol that Ben Carson plans to stay in this poo poo anymore.
Several months from now it will be revealed that Carson was only running to expand the network of his marijuana cartel. Why do you think he's always so mellow?

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Ron Jeremy posted:

It's true, but also completely meaningless to the modern parties.

You get this a lot by people who've completely ignored the party realignment post Civil Rights Act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

Several months from now it will be revealed that Carson was only running to expand the network of his marijuana cartel. Why do you think he's always so mellow?

I'm okay with this.

• Locked thread