Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've come to the conclusion that I'm bad at this and probably shouldn't be allowed to gamble because I think too highly of my own dumb bad opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Cruz gonna take Alaska. :getin: now for 20% gains.

Actually who knows what will happen, flipping is probably the way to go.

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 08:22 on Mar 2, 2016

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Saved my rear end by snagging some Ted Cruz shares at 29 cents, making up for the 50% loss on Trump and coming out slightly ahead. But will Cruz pull it off or should I sell?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
It's turning again. This is too much.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Why are Politico's numbers so weird?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Alaska GOP ‏@akgop 2m2 minutes ago
#AKVotes 12,407 reporting, incl. N. Pole
Carson 1,237 - 10%
Cruz 4,387 - 35.4%
Kasich 564 - 4.5%
Rubio 2,037 - 16.4%
Trump 4,182 - 33.7%

You can't make this poo poo up.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Cruz gonna take Alaska. :getin: now for 20% gains.

Actually who knows what will happen, flipping is probably the way to go.

you made a comment i saw that made me laugh, most likely in the AK market but i'm wasted and can't think of it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AK was my only real loss of the night. Trump YES at .87 and sold at .18. Otherwise, I went from $142 to $158. Conservative betting, woo

edit the people betting against TrumpNOM are wrong assholes, what the gently caress

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
CNN seems to update before anyone else

http://www.cnn.com/election/primaries/states/ak

e: i think cruz is gonna pull this off

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
So that's it right? Cruz is up by >400 votes

That almost killed me. Fast flipping can save you if you're down, but it's super stressful.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Cruz has it. Sold at like 92c so I can get to bed. God that was grueling--but I made a few hundred more.

Up to $943 from the $200+$20 I started with on my return to the game.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty much done. I made my big money on Biden not running, and my account is basically out after tonights massive losses. I've done the PI equivalent of put everything on 00 by putting up an offer to buy about 950 shares of Romney at .01 if/when they get back down there, and probably won't re-up for a while until we get closer to the general and I can put a 50/50 on Hillary.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'm not out till ive lost it all!!!

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

from $300 3 weeks ago to $1600 right now, primary season is good.

Should be a lot higher, i've had probably a half dozen narrow misses on $500+ paydays.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

G-Hawk posted:

from $300 3 weeks ago to $1600 right now, primary season is good.

Should be a lot higher, i've had probably a half dozen narrow misses on $500+ paydays.

Thx for keeping the dream alive

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Cruz has it. Sold at like 92c so I can get to bed. God that was grueling--but I made a few hundred more.

Up to $943 from the $200+$20 I started with on my return to the game.

Mind posting your trades? I saw you had success last go-round and that right there is an insane run.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

a cop posted:

I'm not out till ive lost it all!!!
I did so hilariously bad tonight it's not even funny.

But I'm still in till the end!

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Vox Nihili posted:

Anyone else in on Alaska?

Thanks for this tip, wound up with a small, but actual profit for the day by betting Trump.No before going to bed and it paid off!!

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
gently caress this dumb site and gently caress Cruz and gently caress Bernie (jk I love you Bernie but you hurt me bad)

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what do we think about maine?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Peachstapler posted:

500 shares of Trump YES. Taunting the gods at this point.

"look there ivanka, see that homeless man? he has a billion dollars more than I do"

i'm up 27% from yesterday so I think I made it ok. would be up a lot more if bernie had won mass.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Abel Wingnut posted:

what do we think about maine?

cuba will pay for what they did

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Maine is a weird state -- they elected an Indy Gov (Angus King) to two terms, then to the Senate, have also elected moderate Repubs to the Senate, Dems to Congress, and Paul fuckin LePage to Governor. I feel like it will be a fight between Trump and Kasich -- but based on Trump's performance in NH and MA, I'd feel pretty good if you can get some bets in at the low 80's to try and flip.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Ninkobei posted:

"look there ivanka, see that homeless man? he has a billion dollars more than I do"

i'm up 27% from yesterday so I think I made it ok. would be up a lot more if bernie had won mass.
Yeah it wasn't the best feeling watching that all go down the tube.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Arkane posted:

Trump is losing the popular vote right now by a pretty big margin versus the anti-Trumps. So he has 0 claims to a mandate of any kind.

The other thing is that Trump is a tolerable candidate to only about half of Republican voters, whereas someone like Rubio is closer to 70%, and Cruz/Kasich are also much higher than Trump.

And really, the voters will get over it. Take your medicine, take a week to get over it, and vote for whoever they pick over Hilldawg.

I think that's crazy. Most American voters (if not the vast, vast majority) do not understand the rules and nuances of delegate allocation and nominating rules at the convention. What they do understand is that the person who gets the most votes, and wins the most primary states, gets the nomination. If you take that away from them after Trump has clearly gotten a plurality of the votes and states, and give them to a Romney or a Rubio or a Kasich, you'll get a complete revolt of the GOP base in critical states. The voters already feel like their own party's leaders betray them, they won't just take their medicine and get over it in a week. Oh, and Trump will run Indy at that point too.

E: Despite all that, I was dead wrong about Trump YES in RNom moving up after Super Tuesday -- I figured after it inched up to 80-81 in the past week or two that additional victories would solidify things, but I guess not. I'm in at .79 right now -- does anyone here see the current market of .74-.77 rebounding at any time in the near future? Trying to decide whether to hold or just get out.

railroad terror has issued a correction as of 14:56 on Mar 2, 2016

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

railroad terror posted:

Maine is a weird state -- they elected an Indy Gov (Angus King) to two terms, then to the Senate, have also elected moderate Repubs to the Senate, Dems to Congress, and Paul fuckin LePage to Governor. I feel like it will be a fight between Trump and Kasich -- but based on Trump's performance in NH and MA, I'd feel pretty good if you can get some bets in at the low 80's to try and flip.

i'm more curious about the dem side

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

railroad terror posted:

I think that's crazy. Most American voters (if not the vast, vast majority) do not understand the rules and nuances of delegate allocation and nominating rules at the convention. What they do understand is that the person who gets the most votes, and wins the most primary states, gets the nomination. If you take that away from them after Trump has clearly gotten a plurality of the votes and states, and give them to a Romney or a Rubio or a Kasich, you'll get a complete revolt of the GOP base in critical states. The voters already feel like their own party's leaders betray them, they won't just take their medicine and get over it in a week.

Yeah they will take it.

Trump at the top of the ticket is suicidal for everyone, and benefits no one except Trump. If it means a few pissed off yahoos stays home, so be it.

And again, if he doesn't get 1237, he has no compelling argument. He'll probably only have 1/3rd of the popular vote if that is the case, or less (right now he has 34.2%).

railroad terror posted:

Oh, and Trump will run Indy at that point too.

Trump running third party is one of the biggest joke threats of all time. First of all, he'll face sore loser laws in numerous states. as well as an extremely expensive uphill climb to qualify for ballots where he isn't barred. Second of all, do you think he's going to spend that type of money for a sure loss? He's spent peanuts so far, in fact I think he may be able to turn a profit on this run if you count the veterans thing.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

railroad terror posted:

E: Despite all that, I was dead wrong about Trump YES in RNom moving up after Super Tuesday -- I figured after it inched up to 80-81 in the past week or two that additional victories would solidify things, but I guess not. I'm in at .79 right now -- does anyone here see the current market of .74-.77 rebounding at any time in the near future? Trying to decide whether to hold or just get out.

I'm probably holding until the 5th if any polling comes in. I figure Trump has a good shot at Louisiana and Kentucky based on his showings in the South. The 8th might bring that price down, however. No idea how well he'll do in those states.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Congrats to anyone who got in on Cruz when he was down to like 10 cents in Alaska last night. I was about to go to bed when he suddenly pulled ahead, so luckily I was able to sell off my TRUMP.YES and get some Cruz shares, but I'll tell you going to sleeping knowing you're relying on Ted loving Cruz not to flop while you're sleeping is not a pleasant feeling.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

railroad terror posted:

personally I bought Cruz Yes RNom because they are dirt cheap and even if Trump gets the required votes, the GOP is likely to not nominate him. Hedge your bet is never a terrible idea especially at such a low price

i am pretty new at this though, very dependent on blind luck

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Arkane posted:

Trump running third party is one of the biggest joke threats of all time. First of all, he'll face sore loser laws in numerous states. as well as an extremely expensive uphill climb to qualify for ballots where he isn't barred. Second of all, do you think he's going to spend that type of money for a sure loss? He's spent peanuts so far, in fact I think he may be able to turn a profit on this run if you count the veterans thing.

Most of these laws don't apply to Presidential contests. The few that do have never been tried. Anyway, all he needs to do is get the nomination of a party like Libertarian with near full ballot access.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell
What's everyone feeling on Kansas and Nebraska shares for Hillary? They dropped pretty far. What's the polling situation?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

BougieBitch posted:

What's everyone feeling on Kansas and Nebraska shares for Hillary? They dropped pretty far. What's the polling situation?
No polls in NE except isidewith, which has Sanders up 60-40, and probably optimism because of the OK result. KS is tight and people are riding the OK optimism.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
e;fb

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

BougieBitch posted:

Here's an article from late February, the only polling info I can find. Honestly, it seems kinda worthless. 538 doesn't even have a prediction for Kansas.

http://cjonline.com/news/2016-02-26/new-poll-shows-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-hold-edge-kansas-caucuses

I bought some Bernie No and Hillary Yes in Kansas, because they were cheap. According to my record, though, you probably shouldn't copy me.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

BougieBitch posted:

No one knows what is going to happen but Bernie seems to have some sort of Midwestmentum or something, maybe?

Probably stay out of them unless one side gets to like 30c, then buy the cheap side.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I bought Bernie no NE at .29 but I'm going for marginal gains and will sell on a small increase if I'm unsure after losing 3/4 of my money on Trump yes in Alaska last night

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Ninkobei posted:

personally I bought Cruz Yes RNom because they are dirt cheap and even if Trump gets the required votes, the GOP is likely to not nominate him. Hedge your bet is never a terrible idea especially at such a low price

i am pretty new at this though, very dependent on blind luck

I just want to flip my shares, honestly. I don't know if anyone is investing in RNOM for the win.

Also, if Trump gets a majority of bound delegates, the party has to nominate him, don't they? I thought the risk of Trump not getting the nom lied in him not getting a majority and facing a brokered convention.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

UnoriginalMind posted:

I just want to flip my shares, honestly. I don't know if anyone is investing in RNOM for the win.

Also, if Trump gets a majority of bound delegates, the party has to nominate him, don't they? I thought the risk of Trump not getting the nom lied in him not getting a majority and facing a brokered convention.

the party can nominate whomever they want. it's just a lot tougher if Trump is the clear favorite. In a close to even split though it'd be a cinch

e: trump has backed cruz before so in the event that he decides he really doesn't want to be president (why would he?), he can just back Cruz. really that's the only way the republicans have a chance to beat Hillary

Setset has issued a correction as of 17:51 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Vox Nihili posted:

No one knows what is going to happen but Bernie seems to have some sort of Midwestmentum or something, maybe?

Probably stay out of them unless one side gets to like 30c, then buy the cheap side.

Clinton YES in NE looks to be about .26, for anyone who wants in on that.

• Locked thread