Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So if you ONLY craft War Supplies other than Invasion Force, you'll need -

War Supplies - 250 points for each type, 500 points for any one with a 500 point bonus if we do Quesh = 1,250 points per item crafted. With zero stronghold bonus that's 40 supplies crafted to hit 50k if you do nothing else. 50% stronghold bonus gives you 1,625 per item so 31 crafted supplies. That's a lot of mats but if you have them it's a simple way to hit conquest with zero actual effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Also don't forget you can just directly buy the mats if you have tons of green jawa junk lying around.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mercurius posted:

Also don't forget you can just directly buy the mats if you have tons of green jawa junk lying around.

Yep but you need to craft the intermediate assembly components now, as of 4.1. Before the supplies took mats directly, now they changed it.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Medullah posted:

Yep but you need to craft the intermediate assembly components now, as of 4.1. Before the supplies took mats directly, now they changed it.
Thankfully the intermediate stuff is a sub 2 minute craft now so it's fairly minor as you can churn out 20 of them every 10 minutes or so. The 50 minute and 3 hour craft times for the other stuff are the killer :v:

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

what sucks is one of my guys has no crafting skills because I figured I could reasonably cap with PVP at all times, and so far that's been right.

now I gotta see if I have enough jawa junk to do this properly across all my dudes.

Then again, this may be a week where you can finally unload all tiers of mats to people for higher prices and that might be a better way to spend effort.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Telex posted:

what sucks is one of my guys has no crafting skills because I figured I could reasonably cap with PVP at all times, and so far that's been right.

now I gotta see if I have enough jawa junk to do this properly across all my dudes.

Then again, this may be a week where you can finally unload all tiers of mats to people for higher prices and that might be a better way to spend effort.

Picked Quesh, it has PvP bonuses. The only things it's really missing are Group Finder Flashpoints and Operations (which you still get points for, just not a multiplier) and Starfighter.

Also, if you didn't buy them from GOG, Steam now has X-Wing, Tie-Fighter, X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter, etc. and they're all a part of this week's Humble Bundle which also includes KOTOR and KOTOR 2.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

I won two things in the little raffle, a Prarie Kybuck and a Swamp Rancor. Since I have both of them, I sent the Swamp Rancor back to Oedzi to use in the next raffle.

Still, it was nice to finally win something.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Medullah posted:

Picked Quesh, it has PvP bonuses. The only things it's really missing are Group Finder Flashpoints and Operations (which you still get points for, just not a multiplier) and Starfighter.

Also, if you didn't buy them from GOG, Steam now has X-Wing, Tie-Fighter, X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter, etc. and they're all a part of this week's Humble Bundle which also includes KOTOR and KOTOR 2.

FYI, the basic crafting at 38% stronghold bonus gives me 1535 conquest points, so I'll need to do 33 of them. Not difficult if I just remember to keep my dudes busy making the bonded attachments needed to craft them. Got 14 queued up from the materials on hand, so it's going to require making a lot more bonded things this week to make another 19.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Are playing the Flashpoint missions essential for understanding the story? And are there certain Flashpoint missions that are more essential for story than others?

Also, what are the best Flashpoint missions?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is Guardian / whatever the sith one is called as a dps class viable? I like them but I'm not sure I want to tank.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

Is Guardian / whatever the sith one is called as a dps class viable? I like them but I'm not sure I want to tank.

Are you doing progression nightmare raiding? Then you might have to work a little harder for your DPS but still viable.

Are you not doing progression raiding? Then every spec in the game is viable.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

theblackw0lf posted:

Are playing the Flashpoint missions essential for understanding the story? And are there certain Flashpoint missions that are more essential for story than others?

Revan questline
(you pick up a quest chain for these on the fleet)

Boarding Party/Taral V
The Foundry/Maelstrom Prison

Malgus questline (you pick these up as part of the Ilum story)

Battle of Ilum + False Emperor

All the other flashpoints after False Emperor (excepting Kaon/Lost Island) will be part of the story if you play through it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

theblackw0lf posted:

I've finished Chapter 3 on two characters, and neither one did more than a couple of flashpoints, so I would say that they are completely non-essential to the story. Post chapter 3, I'll go with what the poster above put, I haven't done that part yet.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Locator posted:

I've finished Chapter 3 on two characters, and neither one did more than a couple of flashpoints, so I would say that they are completely non-essential to the story. Post chapter 3, I'll go with what the poster above put, I haven't done that part yet.

Chapter 1-3 are individual storylines for each class. The Revan flashpoints and Ilum flashpoints are part of the global storyline, and those that Waldorf listed are the most critical. All the other flashpoints are self contained except Kaon Under Siege/Lost Island which are the optional Rakghoul short storyline, Czerka Labs and Czerka Core Meltdown are part of the CZ-198 planetary storyline.

Assault on Tython, Korriban Incursion, Depths of Manaan, and Legacy of the Rakata set up the Shadow of Revan expansion, and Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi take place during SoR.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I'm alone in the guild, I'm taking over.

E: Playing Chapter IV of KOTFE:

I come across some exiles and my choice is to gain lightside points and help them, or continue being a darksider and leave them to their fate, and then a later choice to just have HK-55 murder them.

I realize I'm evil, and so that's okay, but really? There were no other choices? No, "Bring them aboard the Gravestone, they can work hard for their supper"?

Just some ham-fisted GM herding, I guess.

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 2, 2016

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Colonial Air Force posted:

I'm alone in the guild, I'm taking over.

E: Playing Chapter IV of KOTFE:

I come across some exiles and my choice is to gain lightside points and help them, or continue being a darksider and leave them to their fate, and then a later choice to just have HK-55 murder them.

I realize I'm evil, and so that's okay, but really? There were no other choices? No, "Bring them aboard the Gravestone, they can work hard for their supper"?

Just some ham-fisted GM herding, I guess.

I think the LS basically becomes your 3rd choice there but yes, it is a rather dumb one.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I've been playing MMOs for a long, long time and I thought I was completely jaded to the horrors of general MMO chat but even so this surprised me.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

shadok posted:

I've been playing MMOs for a long, long time and I thought I was completely jaded to the horrors of general MMO chat but even so this surprised me.

Look at this guy, next youre going to tell me even slaves should be given a chance to train in the ways of the sith on korriban.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hi posted:

Look at this guy, next youre going to tell me even slaves should be given a chance to train in the ways of the sith on korriban.

This loving guy managed to start a two-hour long derail in General one day when I was on DK. Hillary Clinton got called every misogynist nickname in the book.

gently caress this guy. He's the reason I've disabled the General channel in chat--he was my tipping point. Not the Jawa game, not the endless stupidity, not the credit seller spamming--this loving guy.

(not a Hillary supporter fyi)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Alter Ego posted:

(not a Hillary supporter fyi)

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Sometimes I am jealous of your server having mostly English speakers in general and then I see this poo poo and I'm like nah I'll stick with incomprehensible Eastern European languages thanks

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nice start. :D

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Rainy DK actually works pretty well for a throne. I used my best view for the spa, but I'm sure I'll find a better place later.

I've hit 24% complete at least!

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Sometimes I am jealous of your server having mostly English speakers in general and then I see this poo poo and I'm like nah I'll stick with incomprehensible Eastern European languages thanks

Which server is that?

And yes, if you haven't relegated General to a chat tab that you only look at when trying to pug raids on Fleet, I despair for your Internet soul.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Dalris Othaine posted:

Which server is that?

And yes, if you haven't relegated General to a chat tab that you only look at when trying to pug raids on Fleet, I despair for your Internet soul.

I'm guessing you guys are on one of the American servers. I'm in the European one.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So what crew skills are recommended to just make money while leveling up characters through the story and whatnot. I don't have any plans to PvP or do the raid content, so I'm assuming that Biochem isn't the standard beeline anymore for everyone. Do I just pick up slicing and whatever else I want? Or do some of the random things you pick up through the rest actually sell?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

rizzen posted:

So what crew skills are recommended to just make money while leveling up characters through the story and whatnot. I don't have any plans to PvP or do the raid content, so I'm assuming that Biochem isn't the standard beeline anymore for everyone. Do I just pick up slicing and whatever else I want? Or do some of the random things you pick up through the rest actually sell?

Slicing, Bioanalysis and Scavenging. Slice lockboxes while leveling, then get mats off animals and droids you kill and sell the mats

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Slicing is good. The grade 9 purple parts are in high demand and you can make several million an hour cruising the Breaktown/Yavin circuits until Bioware fixes the grade 9 slicing nodes.

Right now you basically want one character of each mission skill (Investigation, Treasure Hunting, Diplomacy, Underworld Trading) and then as many Slicers as you have chars.

The Crafting professions are fairly even...the market is ultra-competitive and nothing below endgame is going to sell reliably. The most reliable credits are RE'ing raid pieces.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Right now you basically want one character of each mission skill (Investigation, Treasure Hunting, Diplomacy, Underworld Trading) and then as many Slicers as you have chars.
[/quote

This is definitely true if you want to be self sufficient and do some endgame stuff. Not necessary if you just want to watch the various stories.

[quote="DrunkenGarbageCan" post="457003015"
The most reliable credits are RE'ing raid pieces.

Even this I'm making minimal profit on. Dark Matter Catalysts remain at a million while hilts and barrels have dropped below 2 million. So when I crit, sure, I make that extra one for free - but those Exotic Isotopes and 40 artifice mats start to add up on failures. :(

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.
Is it just me that finds it a little weird that all the newer lightsaber hilts are about twice the length of the older ones? Granted, a lot of the older ones are too small especially if you use body type 3 and it's GIANT HANDS. In related news, I'm super tempted to start new knight and inquisitor characters because my current mains cannot accommodate all my dress up ideas.

One day, when I'm on my death bed I will look back on my time playing space dress up and say "well, at the time it seemed really important that my characters gained new outfits with major story events."

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Slicing is good. The grade 9 purple parts are in high demand and you can make several million an hour cruising the Breaktown/Yavin circuits until Bioware fixes the grade 9 slicing nodes.

The Crafting professions are fairly even...the market is ultra-competitive and nothing below endgame is going to sell reliably. The most reliable credits are RE'ing raid pieces.

Sorry to sound like a noob, I'm a level 54 with max level slicing and I have no idea what this breaktown/yavin circuit is? I would like to make some easy money

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

Sorry to sound like a noob, I'm a level 54 with max level slicing and I have no idea what this breaktown/yavin circuit is? I would like to make some easy money

Yavin 4 has a poo poo ton of grade 8 slicing nodes, and Breaktown (KOTFE area) has a ton of chapter 9 ones. I don't think you can get to Breaktown without doing KOTFE first though.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Wagrid posted:

One day, when I'm on my death bed I will look back on my time playing space dress up and say "well, at the time it seemed really important that my characters gained new outfits with major story events."

I've had the same outfit since Act II, until today when I finally got to Odessen.

Now I have two I like better and I can't decide which I want to wear more!

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yavin 4 has a poo poo ton of grade 8 slicing nodes, and Breaktown (KOTFE area) has a ton of chapter 9 ones. I don't think you can get to Breaktown without doing KOTFE first though.

More specifically these nodes are suppose to (as far as players know Bioware hasn't commented) drop 1 Green Case with a chance for an additional Blue Case. Right now they are giving 2 Blue Cases guaranteed with a chance for a third, have been since 4.1 dropped. Each blue case is 3-10K credits and the Breaktown area has like ~15 nodes that takes a few minutes to clear and the beginning ones respawn by the time you get to the end.

The hard part can be fighting other players and/or chinabots for them.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Yo guys I got a volatile conqueror ligthsaber off a chance cube, anyone want to buy it offa me? (Yes, in JC)

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Well, finally got a 2nd response to my ticket, and 2 weeks too late for the drawing, said "oops, you are right, here are your guild rewards".

Oh well, dropped the Engineering Encryption in the guild bank, there are 75 there now. How many does it take to expand the guild-boat?

Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West

The Locator posted:

Well, finally got a 2nd response to my ticket, and 2 weeks too late for the drawing, said "oops, you are right, here are your guild rewards".

Oh well, dropped the Engineering Encryption in the guild bank, there are 75 there now. How many does it take to expand the guild-boat?

Awesome. I dont know myself, but maybe we getting close now? I am just doing conquest on one char this week compared to the three last week, since I dont craft and no heroics etc, so I just pvp for it. It is not as bad as I thought but still takes a while.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Will there ever be a way to acquire the revan reborn set again or is it basically just cough up 50 million(!!!!) credits or get the gently caress out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mgant posted:

Awesome. I dont know myself, but maybe we getting close now? I am just doing conquest on one char this week compared to the three last week, since I dont craft and no heroics etc, so I just pvp for it. It is not as bad as I thought but still takes a while.

I think the ship is about 30-40% unlocked, with 20-30 rooms still needing to be unlocked. Each room takes 250 encryptions to unlock.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Will there ever be a way to acquire the revan reborn set again or is it basically just cough up 50 million(!!!!) credits or get the gently caress out?

Directly, no...but if they ever bring the packs back that it's in, or GSB Armor packs, more might get put into circulation.

• Locked thread