Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Psion posted:

A Historical Prototypes pack would be fantastic. All sorts of goofy poo poo nobody's ever heard of? Sign me UUUUUUUUP.

Yeah, that's pretty much what got me hooked on the Forgotten Weapons channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
We need an A-Team character pack. All four of 'em. And mini-Rugers.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheezit posted:

Good luck hitting anything.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

oohhboy posted:

Good luck hitting anything.

It's cool, everyone will surrender on the ground anyways.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
A-team characters have a 100% chance to proc disturbing the peace, but their weapons do 0 damage

e: hey Wilko can you make this a mutator? Unlimited ammo, 0 damage, 100% DTP chance

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Would it be possible to make the gensec elites on Overkill mod into a mutator?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

You can actually run the Gensec OVK mod as host-only and it works in that the spawns change and greys show up but it doesn't calculate health values right - iirc for whoever has the mod, greys have the right hp value, for anyone without it they still see greys, but the greys only have 130 hp as if they were greens.

I don't know the specifics about goonmod mutators but can they pass that information on to clients?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With the A-Team's guns in effect, the armoured escapes chicken wire armour will have an effect.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Psion posted:

A-team characters have a 100% chance to proc disturbing the peace, but their weapons do 0 damage

e: hey Wilko can you make this a mutator? Unlimited ammo, 0 damage, 100% DTP chance

+10000% explosive damage but like only a few times we dont really have the budget for it

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Fellis posted:

+10000% explosive damage but like only a few times we dont really have the budget for it

all drivable vehicles replaced with the black and red Overkill pack paintjob van.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

cheezit posted:

If only the remake released this year that could have been a possibility. I mean it wouldn't involve Mr. T, but then again maybe OVERKILL can just hire him and make him his own character pack because why not?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Green Harvest just had its official release.

What it is:
This is an unusually extensively modded, custom H&T heist, for large amounts of cash. It also has custom voicework and comes from a modder-made client, "Shatter", whose voicework is good but whose writing and lines are every bit as cringey as you would imagine. More heists for this Original Character Do Not Steal are promised in the future.

Changes:
The changes I can see from videos are that some of the cubicles were removed, there's a gate blocking the vault, there are fences along the roof of the bank for some reason, and both security rooms spawn. It's also set at sunset. The site also talks about new enemy "tactics", but I'm less clear on what that entails.

Verdict:
While I can't be particularly confident in how fun the heist is, it does represent a massive step forward in the potential for payday 2 modding.

Implementation:
Green Harvest requires a lua extension library called Beardlib to work. Beardlib appears to be the core of the new mapping changes this mod uses, and really opens up what modders can do. It's exactly what I've been waiting for!

The modders appear to have implemented this without replacing prior game assets, meaning that you can still play vanilla H&T heist. but I'm not positive on this. I've asked the modders. I've confirmed that the entirety of base game content is retained. The linked mod will also auto-update like other BLT mods can, and will contain only the really stable versions of the heist. The Restoration Mod, by the same people, will have the more experimental "between" builds.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Mar 3, 2016

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Hey Vox, I had an idea. You have Death Vox, which is how you would have done Deathwish if I recall correctly.

How about Stealth Vox? I wanna hear your take on how you would re-create stealth heists.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A-team pack better have some kind of montage proc where a wipe gets to instead trigger a montage omce per heist of everyone helping each other back up and fighting off the current cop wave.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

The site also talks about new enemy "tactics", but I'm less clear on what that entails.

I happened across the announcement post on the Payday 2 discussion board and it mentioned a new special: a ground-level sniper with no laser that dashes around to set up shots on you. I assume that's what they mean.

The pre-vault gate is neat. It existed in pre-release Trustee Bank and they just brought it back, appropriately enough.

Edit: Both gates spawn? That's so dumb. In the video I watched, I didn't see anything else they hyped up about it. I assume some of it is reserved for stealth, but it mostly just looked like a more tedious Trustee Bank.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 3, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

John Murdoch posted:

I happened across the announcement post on the Payday 2 discussion board and it mentioned a new special: a ground-level sniper with no laser that dashes around to set up shots on you. I assume that's what they mean.

People really need some perspective when they complain about Death Vox...someone on facepunch was promoting the idea of Dozers getting a charge attack a la L4D2. :psyduck:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

People really need some perspective when they complain about Death Vox...someone on facepunch was promoting the idea of Dozers getting a charge attack a la L4D2. :psyduck:

Well, if they stumbled everyone on the way to you and not just phased through them...

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The cops realized their melee hits worse than their bullets so now they're training to just zerg rush you with knives and dozer armored fists.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Discendo Vox posted:

That's so moving target will be useful finally!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Actually, speaking of that, here's the full copy from the Steam thread:

quote:

The GREEN HARVEST heist is a new 1-day heist from the makers of Restoration Mod, introducing you to a new contact, Shatter. The new heist is a suped-up Branchbank, with more loot, small new events, unique AI behaviour, and a tough escape phase.
It also introduces a new special unit variation -- The Marksman, an on-the-ground Sniper that moves fast, has no laser, and wants to perforate you with extreme prejudice.
Additionally, some units learned some old tricks; Bulldozers can now sprint again. You're welcome..?

From the video I watched the Marksman didn't seem particularly broken, but it was hard to really gauge their effectiveness. At the very least it didn't seem like it was wild-firing like normal snipers, and it was always pretty conspicuous, kinda like the free-spawned Cloakers act.

I couldn't spot any special events, unique AI stuff, or the "tough escape phase" unless that's meant to refer to something in the actual Escape that follows. I think maybe the bank lobby got tear gassed at one point? I think that's new? Didn't see any sprinting Dozers either, but none of them remained on screen for very long, for reasons you might be able to guess. :)

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 3, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Dammit, they stole my idea!

edit: steam appid suggests new DLC coming next week- probably the Sydney pack, may also involve the video that Dallas/Chains were filming earlier.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 3, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
my favorite payday 2 song

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Overkill leaked the next special. Looks like yet another movie tie-in :rolleyes:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Now we get to see who was traumatized by Watership down while Keanu Reeves talks about John Wick 2 in degrees of Black Belt.

Could March be a no show of content while they try to give Jacket to consoles?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 4, 2016

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Wait, that's the actual song? Any heist I've done with it playing has gotten too busy for me to pay attention past the opening. I love how weird they get with this game.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
donacdum is art

edit: whoever did that remix should not do remixes

Afraid of Audio fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 5, 2016

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Meldonox posted:

Wait, that's the actual song? Any heist I've done with it playing has gotten too busy for me to pay attention past the opening. I love how weird they get with this game.

(it's not)

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
get ready for TWO!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh, sorry, I didn't know this was one of those "remixes"

Here's another one of my faves

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
those are bad and please stop

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

those are bad and please stop

He likes bad HUDs. It checks out that he has bad taste in music. :v:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Drewjitsu posted:

He likes bad HUDs. It checks out that he has bad taste in music. :v:

hey now, the mspaint hud is fine once you're desensitized to the sheer awfulness of it

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

BillmasterCozb posted:

hey now, the mspaint hud is fine once you're desensitized to the sheer awfulness of it

Payday 2: Imagine an MSPaint HUD stomping on your face forever

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I did Doctor Miserable with my friends and they all got the achi but I didn't. Rip everything.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Puistokemisti posted:

I did Doctor Miserable with my friends and they all got the achi but I didn't. Rip everything.

just SAM it if that happens, honestly

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

When I play Wick and Sykic plays Dragan.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I miss when we were dreaming up heists based on other heist or crime movies, even the really wild ones straight outta Bollywood like Dhoom. To spice this same conversation up, I'd like to ask where you'd want to go to crime? If we can get out of DC in a Vegas job, why not also get out of the country to do something big in China or Europe? You got your obvious Snatch/Guy Richtie job where Hoxton, Clover and Bonnie's old contacts get in touch with Bain to work a favor, but where else?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Crabtree posted:

I miss when we were dreaming up heists based on other heist or crime movies, even the really wild ones straight outta Bollywood like Dhoom. To spice this same conversation up, I'd like to ask where you'd want to go to crime? If we can get out of DC in a Vegas job, why not also get out of the country to do something big in China or Europe? You got your obvious Snatch/Guy Richtie job where Hoxton, Clover and Bonnie's old contacts get in touch with Bain to work a favor, but where else?

Probably my dream heist would be the Tomb of the First Qin Emperor. Stealing some literally priceless ancient artifact, gunfire shattering terracotta warriors by the thousand and the literal Chinese Army charging down.

Second choice? A proper train heist. While it's in motion. That just has all kinds of promise.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Afraid of Audio posted:

just SAM it if that happens, honestly

Do this. No one is going to judge you for the game bugging out and not giving you credit for an achievement. Especially an endurance one. I don't think anyone is a huge fan of endurance achievements here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

Faberge eggs.