Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Yeah, just another example of why democracy doesn't work

You'll get Broforce and Trump and like it, dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

like broforce and galak-z isnt a bad month. it might be a month that some people dont like because of bad taste in games, but its not a month of sony throwing any old poo poo up out of laziness, they're both very well received games.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
This is probably the best month since Rocket League.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

People will complain unless the entire ps+ lineup is full retail releases, and even if they did that after 2-3 months people would be complaining about the quality of those too.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oh, if you're one of the people who lives in a city where Playstation Vue is actually an option, it now offers Disney channels and ESPN, and all packages are :10bux: cheaper.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I think ps+ gives about it's price's worth of entertainment back every year. Last year was definitely one thanks to Rocket League. Some months I don't even bother to install any of the games, some months I find a hidden gem, overall it's all good.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
playstation OWES ME these games and SHU YOSHIDA is KEEPING the last guardian in a VAULT because the government is keeping him ENTHRALLED with chemtrails

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

axleblaze posted:

This current bitching is especially weird because I mean people do realize we got Broforce because people voted for it, right?

Most people didn't expect it to be broken.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

axleblaze posted:

This current bitching is especially weird because I mean people do realize we got Broforce because people voted for it, right?

If anything that's even more of a reason to get mad. Two interesting games that get shelved for a joke of a game that you've seen most of in five minutes.

Oh, and it's broken.

At least I am legit excited for Galak-Z.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The level of hyperbole in here is reaching amazing levels. Next you'll all be saying I asked for everyone to get free PS4s and a blowjob.

In a way it's even amusing that we get poo poo that would have been at home in a crappy Groupees bundle alongside the couple of good offerings each month. Better than being expected to pay full price to try that trash.

It'd be nice to get some old game from a big publisher that I might have missed but that's really the publishers' fault for holding out instead of Sony.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Bogart posted:

playstation OWES ME these games and SHU YOSHIDA is KEEPING the last guardian in a VAULT because the government is keeping him ENTHRALLED with chemtrails

#MakePSPlusGreatAgain

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

If anything that's even more of a reason to get mad. Two interesting games that get shelved for a joke of a game that you've seen most of in five minutes.

Oh, and it's broken.

At least I am legit excited for Galak-Z.

That reminds me that apparently Android Cactus is coming next week so at least it wasn't delayed long. I have no idea about Action Henk

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

On the off chance someone can read moon runes and wants to play the closed beta of PSO2 on their Japanese PS4 account this weekend here's a key:

You have to go to https://gw.sega.jp/gw/create/create1.jsp?product_name=pso2&siteno=P0&p_siteno=P00010 and set up a SEGA ID as well. You don't need Plus though. Good luck.

Also this site if you need more info: http://pso2.jp/ps4/cbt/

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

univbee posted:

Oh, if you're one of the people who lives in a city where Playstation Vue is actually an option, it now offers Disney channels and ESPN, and all packages are :10bux: cheaper.
Nice. $40/month and no equipment rental or service charges for DVR/high-definition/etc. sounds way better than pretty much every TV offering I've seen around here.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MisterAlex posted:

Nice. $40/month and no equipment rental or service charges for DVR/high-definition/etc. sounds way better than pretty much every TV offering I've seen around here.
And now you know why all the cable companies are putting in bandwidth caps. :v:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Here in Canada unlimited internet is surprisingly accessible now, we just don't really have decent streaming services that don't require an existing traditional TV subscription. :negative:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

katkillad2 posted:

That's laughably wrong

rabidsquid posted:

People will complain unless the entire ps+ lineup is full retail releases, and even if they did that after 2-3 months people would be complaining about the quality of those too.

So is this. But don't let valid criticism get in your way of defending our corporate overlords, mate

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

Here in Canada unlimited internet is surprisingly accessible now, we just don't really have decent streaming services that don't require an existing traditional TV subscription. :negative:
Oh, I can get unlimited internet... for a $30 extra charge, making the whole total suspiciously similar to the cost of the TV packages they sell. Surprise.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

CrashCat posted:

I've been lucky so far on that front. Neither of my local providers (TWC, U-Verse) places any caps on their Internet service around here. Probably because we're fortunate enough to have two options—competition is good for consumers.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Oh, I can get unlimited internet... for a $30 extra charge, making the whole total suspiciously similar to the cost of the TV packages they sell. Surprise.

The best solution in Canada for TV right now seems to be OTA antenna + buy season passes for the shows you care about which are unavailable there on the iTunes store or whatever, although you'll have to :filez: or do VPN shenanigans for certain things if you have a set mind about them, like new HBO programs, BBC programs, and sports (dedicated apps and/or VPN + NOW TV from the UK depending on the sports you want, although if you need persistent access and not just every 4 years when the world cup is on you might be better getting an actual TV sports package if a dedicated yearly subscription app isn't available).

At least there are new entrants now like shomi and Crave TV, sad though they may be.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Katana Gomai posted:

That's laughably wrong

I'm curious, what did you think were the way better months since then?

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

That's laughably wrong

So is this. But don't let valid criticism get in your way of defending our corporate overlords, mate

Find a new hobby that doesn't make you so crabby. Telling people they're "wrong" about their tastes in anything is so silly.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

barren_sky posted:

Find a new hobby that doesn't make you so crabby. Telling people they're "wrong" about their tastes in anything is so silly.

Telling people they're "wrong" about their tastes is just a more tactful way of telling them they have poo poo taste.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tell that to your consumer overlords!!!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

The best solution in Canada for TV right now seems to be OTA antenna + ...
Yeah, I actually ended up with an OTA antenna already, because the most basic Comcast package downgrades even the local channels from HD to SD and then expects you to pay a $10 monthly HD fee and rent a $10 monthly HD cable box to get them back, even though you can just grab them out of the air in HD. It's stupid as poo poo, but it's all those little charges that add up to them justifying $100+ cable bundle packages that don't even have the traditionally 'premium' channels on them.

I wouldn't even have the dumb basic TV level but they hosed with the pricing so that if you don't take that you only save like $5, and if you do take it you can at least stream a few shows off their site. :shrug:

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Any of y'all end up with any of these in your Download Queue? I've been trying to figure out how to get rid of it, but I couldn't find any solutions anywhere, and the "AskPlayStation" Twitter was less than helpful, though not for lack of trying, I guess...

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Sakurazuka posted:

That can't be true because I would love an actual Contra clone but people just keep making bad Megaman or Metroid rip offs.

Wasn't STFU a Contract clone? Personally I hate the true contract controls and those games would be 100 better as a side scrolling twin stick shooter.

katkillad2 posted:

I beg to differ as well. I can get where people have a bone for Rocket League but I didn't think it was amazong. The ball physics are super slow like the entire game is played in slow motion and it annoys me.

Seizure Robot posted:

I'm curious, what did you think were the way better months since then?

Helldivers was a real good PS+ game to get. I'd rate it higher than Rocket League. If someone wasn't a fan of sports game, rocket league isn't that interesting. There were 4 months of adventure games as well that were all good, minus only first episode of Kings Quest and not full game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Super Time Force is a puzzle game, I don't think it would be much fun if you just played it like it was Contra

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Billy Elliot posted:

Wasn't STFU a Contract clone?

No, actually, it's a puzzle game that just happens to look like a side-scrolling 2D shooter.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CrashCat posted:

On the off chance someone can read moon runes and wants to play the closed beta of PSO2 on their Japanese PS4 account this weekend here's a key:

Cool, thanks. I'll be sure to report back on how it runs and how it handles the most frame-rate intensive raid: the ARKS ship lobby.

edit: lol 37GB what are you doing Sega

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 2, 2016

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

Billy Elliot posted:

Personally I hate the true contract controls and those games would be 100 better as a side scrolling twin stick shooter.

Please leave Contra alone, it is perfect just the way it is!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it possible to use a proxy to get Playstation Vue outside of one of hte markets? Anyone know?

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Irsh posted:

I like the concept, just the shooting could benefit from modern twin stick aiming. It's nowhere near perfect as it can easily be improved upon to make it perfect.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Irsh posted:

It was made perfect. By Arc System Works.

(Do a Hard Corps Uprising 2, goddammit.)

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Anybody know if there's any reason to get the Helldivers $25 mega bundle over the $20 Super-earth ultimate edition? The 'included' lists look the same to me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yellowjournalism posted:

Anybody know if there's any reason to get the Helldivers $25 mega bundle over the $20 Super-earth ultimate edition? The 'included' lists look the same to me.

none of the paid dlc is worth it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

in the sense that none of it is required to beat the game. there are a lot of fun things to play with though

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think the reinforcements bundle doesnt come with the game while the physical version obviously does. the physical version might not have all the dlc on it though, not sure.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

yellowjournalism posted:

The $25 one is DLC only, I don't think it comes with the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Yeah I already got the game during the free month and just want more splosions.

Awesome! posted:

the physical version might not have all the dlc on it though, not sure.

That's why I'm asking, if it has all the dlc then there's no reason for me to spend an extra $5 on the mega bundle.

• Locked thread