Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Channel-surfing last night and I swear I watched about 5 minutes of an NCIS-LA episode where two tech-geek characters started flirting with each other by talking about their fursonas.

I've either picked up an LSD habit that I've conveniently forgotten about and was tripping major balls, or that show is through the loving looking glass.

Fake edit oh my loving gently caress https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lEwsxpy60Y

it just goes on and on and on and its relentlessly terrible help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Isn't NCIS's whole shtick adorning its plot and characters with whatever pop-culture oddities it can find?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Skippy McPants posted:

Isn't NCIS's whole shtick adorning its plot and characters with whatever pop-culture oddities it can find?

Dont watch it regularly myself as it seems to be full of identically quirky characters who spend all their time insufferably making 'funny' snarks at each other and it's yet another bullshit procedural drama, but surely that shits beyond the pale.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It's 2016 man! Unless they're making GBS threads in diapers or, I dunno, cutting off each other's toes, just regular old furries are old hat.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

The things they show no on prime time tv....like keep that stuff in the bedroom guys

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Verisimilidude posted:

Ugh I'm glad this guy isn't actually relevant any more.

Should probably be wearing this sticker instead:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I am not 100% sure that this isn't Rick Scott.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Breetai posted:

Channel-surfing last night and I swear I watched about 5 minutes of an NCIS-LA episode where two tech-geek characters started flirting with each other by talking about their fursonas.

I've either picked up an LSD habit that I've conveniently forgotten about and was tripping major balls, or that show is through the loving looking glass.

Fake edit oh my loving gently caress https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lEwsxpy60Y

it just goes on and on and on and its relentlessly terrible help

They're late to the game! CSI had a furry episode complete with suit wearers and descriptions of "yiffing" years ago.

My mom and I watched it together. Man that was an awkward hour :negative:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Mak0rz posted:

They're late to the game! CSI had a furry episode complete with suit wearers and descriptions of "yiffing" years ago.

why, are you a furry?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Maybe she was

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

oldpainless posted:

Maybe she was

She is now.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
That sure is a shop selling mostly white merchandise

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Mak0rz posted:

I think I remember that. Wasn't it where some guy hit what he thought was a dog and it was a person in costume? And his wife was a sheep and her body (and costume) was in the trunk of his car?

The only CSi episode I remember otherwise was one where an entire family was slaughtered, save for the college-age daughter and the six year old daughter. The college-age girl's boyfriend had done it....because it turned out his girlfriend wasn't a sister to the younger one, she was her mom, and everyone else in the house kept the secret and ignored the fact the dad was raping her. And when he started touching the little girl was when the older girl got the ball rolling. Compared to that the furry one was lame.

I don't watch shows like that anymore. Do they have furries or otherkin or bronies on the crime shows now?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Isn't it like "any subculture that middle-aged people won't be familiar with and thus can be misrepresented however we like?"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cowslips Warren posted:

I think I remember that. Wasn't it where some guy hit what he thought was a dog and it was a person in costume? And his wife was a sheep and her body (and costume) was in the trunk of his car?
One of the furries put ipecac on his suit so they'd all get sick and throw up because he was jealous of the other furries and his sheepwife :shepface: I don't know why but I always loved CSI though I stopped watching after the weird bug guy left the show. One day I need to get all the seasons together and get everyone I know to get together and marathon as much as we can before we get too hosed up to keep watching.

Foxhound posted:

Isn't it like "any subculture that middle-aged people won't be familiar with and thus can be misrepresented however we like?"
One of the crime shows did a gamergate episode and it was hilarious.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nuebot posted:

Lots of crime shows cover pedophiles actually

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Nuebot posted:

SVU e:title "Intimidation Game"
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2i6ii5

RE the CSI episode(Also, called Fur and Loathing :rolleye: )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U90Y3WVRy4

I...what is this?

Anyway, L&O, NCIS, CSI, etc are all designed to present the trends of today to (older)people

"Someone just got pushed onto train tracks"
L&O: Ride the blood train, blood train
"There's a gas attack at a Furry convention"
CSI: Whistle while you yiff

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tetracube posted:

:eyepop:
Nah it was about a ~gamer girl~ who got beat up by some crazy dudes who liked to play shooting games. I think they made a bunch of witty Game Over one liners.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nuebot posted:

One of the furries put ipecac on his suit so they'd all get sick and throw up because he was jealous of the other furries and his sheepwife :shepface: I don't know why but I always loved CSI though I stopped watching after the weird bug guy left the show. One day I need to get all the seasons together and get everyone I know to get together and marathon as much as we can before we get too hosed up to keep watching.

This dude is super salty about that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bboIk6w0hFA

Also that kids don't care about cartoons from the 30s.

Bonus director AUG
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/mar/01/gods-of-egypt-director-alex-proyas-calls-film-critics-diseased-vultures

Baron Harkonnen is upset his movie got bad reviews.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

twistedmentat posted:

Bonus director AUG
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/mar/01/gods-of-egypt-director-alex-proyas-calls-film-critics-diseased-vultures

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

twistedmentat posted:

Bonus director AUG

I love how he blames movie critics for his films dud status and not that he just made a crappy movie that sucks

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I love how he blames movie critics for his films dud status and not that he just made a crappy movie that sucks

He used to make really good movies too :(

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

He used to make really good movies too :(

Creators just run out of ideas at some point, it happens :shrug:

The original Facebook post was great too cause it has reams of comments from him just shouting "THEY SAY MY MOVIE SUCKS? WELL HOW MANY MOVIES HAVE THEY MADE!? CHECKMATE YOU CRITIC FUCKS :smug:"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot posted:

:eyepop:
Nah it was about a ~gamer girl~ who got beat up by some crazy dudes who liked to play shooting games. I think they made a bunch of witty Game Over one liners.

Which is the one where Ice-T refers to video games as "magical rape land"?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It's weird but I've only ever seen these shops in towns that are massively white and middle class ...like the one in York that I walked past, did a double take and then said "Stormfront like the nazi cunts?"

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
It's an apple reseller, so yes.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I know but it's funny the name has association with nazis and the shops are always in massively white towns. :ohdear:

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

There was the X-Files episode in which Mulder had to enter a video game to stop an ultra sexy lingerie clad female assassin.

-The developers were amazed that he made it to level 2, which none of them had ever seen despite having programmed the thing.

-The first level was nothing but the blandest gray alleyway. Then the second level was for some reason set in the old west

-Mulder had a heretofore unmentioned passion for video games 'cause he's the weird loner, right.

-Scully became super bitchy and constantly referred to everyone as children.

-An entire precinct of cops apparently had nothing better to do that day than standing outside a jail cell where they were holding a stripper and giggle like 13 year olds.

Did I mention this episode was written by William Gibson?

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

88h88 posted:

I know but it's funny the name has association with nazis and the shops are always in massively white towns. :ohdear:

it's an apple reseller so yes

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

88h88 posted:

It's weird but I've only ever seen these shops in towns that are massively white and middle class ...like the one in York that I walked past, did a double take and then said "Stormfront like the nazi cunts?"

Did you high five yourself as you talked to nobody in particular?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

There was the X-Files episode in which Mulder had to enter a video game to stop an ultra sexy lingerie clad female assassin.

-The developers were amazed that he made it to level 2, which none of them had ever seen despite having programmed the thing.

-The first level was nothing but the blandest gray alleyway. Then the second level was for some reason set in the old west

-Mulder had a heretofore unmentioned passion for video games 'cause he's the weird loner, right.

-An entire precinct of cops apparently had nothing better to do that day than standing outside a jail cell where they were holding a stripper and giggle like 13 year olds.

DId he make it to level 3 or did they not have time to tighten up the graphics on it?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

grittyreboot posted:

Didn't he write another episode, and it was incredibly bad too? The episode where Mulder is trapped in a VR nightmare where they amputate both his arms

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Non Serviam posted:

Did you high five yourself as you talked to nobody in particular?

There was another person I was with at the time but omitted to mention. There was no high five. Should I call them up and maybe ask for the high five owed to me?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

grittyreboot posted:

Dont forget they also had "Thresh" the old quake competition player as some "elite gamer" who promptly gets killed in a massively retarded way.
*Edit, I was completely wrong. It was this guy here. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1945944/ I do remember someone elses saying it was Thresh WAY back when it aired though so I blame them for this misinformation.

I think they probably thought they were making a silly tongue in cheek "homage" to gaming but just so clearly missed their mark it became an embarrassment for all involved.

Nutsngum has a new favorite as of 15:33 on Mar 3, 2016

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

88h88 posted:

There's one in Truro in Cornwall, a county which was described by Stewart Lee as "a white supremacist's paradise".

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Weldon Pemberton posted:

There is/was a UK version of this show. It had its share of awkward moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vATwJ_KZGP0

I actually like that some guy is getting eyed up like a piece of meat by a bunch of women. It's refreshing, somehow.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

This man took some LSD, dressed up as a High Elf, and proceeded to attack his neighbor's car because it looked like a shapeshifting demon. loving Oregon.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Scathach posted:

This man took some LSD, dressed up as a High Elf, and proceeded to attack his neighbor's car because it looked like a shapeshifting demon. loving Oregon.

Dude owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Tetracube posted:

:perfect:

• Locked thread