Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean I guess you should all be commended for dredging dozens of campaigns out of four, arguably five, not particularly dissimilar actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I have a bunch of hours in Shogun 2 from just me and like three or four others dudes doing multiplayer skirmishes against each other.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

I have a bunch of hours in Shogun 2 from just me and like three or four others dudes doing multiplayer skirmishes against each other.
Shogun 2 multiplayer is without a doubt the best implementation in the series.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Shogun 2 just all around kind of rules

Orv
May 4, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

Shogun 2 just all around kind of rules

Yeah, I can understand any number of hours in Shogun 2, but Rome 2 just doesn't have anywhere near the content to justify those hours. And I like Rome 2, now that it's fixed, for a TW game.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Rakthar posted:

I wasted 15 minutes of my life to more or less tell CA the same thing in an Arena survey. It just blows my mind, a mix of shattered galaxy + total war gameplay seems like a match made in heaven. But somehow they found the lamest moba / WoT hybrid they could come up, rammed some Total War units in there, removed ammo and stamina and running / walking because lol, and are like "why aren't we making millions :cry:"

Yup agreed, it's really dumbed down compared to normal Total War and the unit variety blows too. I hope it fails horribly and we can get some decent multiplayer support for their normal games.

maybe.. just matchmaking and unit limits or something? I dunno

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Orv posted:

Yeah, I can understand any number of hours in Shogun 2, but Rome 2 just doesn't have anywhere near the content to justify those hours. And I like Rome 2, now that it's fixed, for a TW game.
Rome lets you conquer the barbarians and use their own units against them. Worth it for me!

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Gonna crush the old world with an army of depressed giants

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

dogstile posted:

Rome lets you conquer the barbarians and use their own units against them. Worth it for me!

My current campaign is going great. Carthage and I are best buds, the Gauls have been pushed up into Russia, and I control all of Central Europe. I even own Cathago, as they let the Egyptians take it, and I liberated it, and there is no mechanism by which I'd give it back. Good times.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
In general Warhammer game news, Dawn of War 2's Last Stand mode is getting a new character as DLC.

Free too, if you grab it between certain dates.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Mordja posted:

In general Warhammer game news, Dawn of War 2's Last Stand mode is getting a new character as DLC.

Has anyone even played last stand in the last 3 years?

Well whatever I hope DoW 3 is cool when they finally announce it.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

madmac posted:

Dawn of War 2 won the Make War Not Peace contest against Attila and Company of Heroes, so apparently some people do

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

madmac posted:

They gave away the Tau DLC in that Sega promotion a couple weeks ago and I'm honestly thinking of playing it again between that and the upcoming Necron dude. :shrug:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Mordja posted:

He should be overpowered as gently caress, if his last incarnation in a Dawn of War game is anything to go by.

(soulstorm doesn't count)

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Dawn of War 2 was cool, does anyone stll play the normal multiplayer? I think I installed it like a year ago and it took like 15 minutes to find a match so I just uninstalled it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

hemale in pain posted:

Dawn of War 2 was cool, does anyone stll play the normal multiplayer? I think I installed it like a year ago and it took like 15 minutes to find a match so I just uninstalled it.

Nowadays the Elite mod might be more popular than the base game.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
New to this, but just wanted to check whether the Shire will be included with the base game, or am I going to have to buy some kind of loving DLC to get Frodo as an available general.

Thanks in advance.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

We'll probably get the shire around the time we get the Alagaesia expansion

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

SlyFrog posted:

New to this, but just wanted to check whether the Shire will be included with the base game, or am I going to have to buy some kind of loving DLC to get Frodo as an available general.

Thanks in advance.

There is so much DLC in this game that you have to buy the season pass just to access the store to by more DLC.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
http://i.imgur.com/WcTvcll.jpg

A new screenshot for you Bret lovers out there.

They also posted another "Beware the Ides of March" teaser image yesterday, but meh, you're not missing anything. Just wait for the 15th..

madmac fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 2, 2016

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Talking about the Shire, the Battlefield for Middle Earth series god drat owned.

Sacking the shire as the goblins in the evil campaign in BFME 2 was amazing. :allears:

madmac posted:

They also posted another "Beware the Ides of March" teaser image yesterday, but meh, you're not missing anything. Just wait for the 15th..

Holy poo poo.

Bretonnia looks badass.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

BFME2 is a thousand percent my poo poo. My favorite RTS.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Babe Magnet posted:

BFME2 is a thousand percent my poo poo. My favorite RTS.

My favorite thing in that game was designing my own Hero unit. One psychotic Uruk-Hai soloing swarms of hobbits.
That or the unstoppable Tom Bombadil summon.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I liked the lotr battlefield clone where the last level was you playing as Sauron annihilating hobbits in the Shire.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Buschmaki posted:

I liked the lotr battlefield clone where the last level was you playing as Sauron annihilating hobbits in the Shire.

poo poo I forgot that one. drat a lot of the EA Lord of the Rings games were loving weird.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
LOTR has had some pretty solid games, Shadow of Mordor included.

You do get some stinkers like that War in the North though.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

SlyFrog posted:

Thanks in advance.

That's funny, in the lore, the Moot is an actual province of the Empire, with electoral vote (granted by a fatty emperor who liked halfling cuisine too much), but in the starting positions map it appears it would one of the regions of Stirland. With a bit of luck maybe we will be able to recruit some halfling units/mercenaries, but it's probably DLC material.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Angry Lobster posted:

That's funny, in the lore, the Moot is an actual province of the Empire, with electoral vote (granted by a fatty emperor who liked halfling cuisine too much), but in the starting positions map it appears it would one of the regions of Stirland. With a bit of luck maybe we will be able to recruit some halfling units/mercenaries, but it's probably DLC material.

Stirland has basically never acknowledged the Moot and are still really pissed Ludwig the Fat handed it over because he loved fried butter.

Stirland is like the most put upon place. They've got to deal with the hobbits and the vampires both, and they technically own the vampires (they were awarded Sylvannia after the war that killed Vlad) but have a very hard time enforcing their claim for obvious reasons.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

BillBear posted:

Uhh, War in the North was loving awesome though?

Perhaps you meant War of the Ring or LOTR Conquest.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
War of the Ring was not made by EA, because EA only owned the rights to the New Line Cinema films, whereas the developers of War of the Ring held the book rights.
Also, after EA lost NLC's rights, it completely hosed over their Lord of the Rings games and shut down all their servers.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Arcsquad12 posted:

War of the Ring was not made by EA, because EA only owned the rights to the New Line Cinema films, whereas the developers of War of the Ring held the book rights.
Also, after EA lost NLC's rights, it completely hosed over their Lord of the Rings games and shut down all their servers.

...Ok?

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

madmac posted:

The knights look awesome and all, but that tower in the centre can't be structurally sound.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

MadJackMcJack posted:

The knights look awesome and all, but that tower in the centre can't be structurally sound.

gently caress you, magic

Orv
May 4, 2011

BillBear posted:

War in the North is the closest they've come to recapturing the Return of the King brawler game, so I give it a lot of leeway. gently caress that RotK game was good.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

S.J. posted:

gently caress you, magic

Didnt some Dwarves cry (literally or figuratively) over the shittiness of Bretonnian architecture? Peasants gonna Peasant.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Angry Lobster posted:

With a bit of luck, we might... Get halflings?

I don't understand.

The only good thing about halflings in Warhammer was the only playable unit for ages was the Dog of War unit that a ton of factions could field - thus, no matter what faction you played, the murder of short, fat idiots was always a possibility in your future.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

2 SPOOKY posted:

With a bit of luck, we might... Get halflings?

I don't understand.

The only good thing about halflings in Warhammer was the only playable unit for ages was the Dog of War unit that a ton of factions could field - thus, no matter what faction you played, the murder of short, fat idiots was always a possibility in your future.

The important part with halflings is having fun watching them getting slaughtered (even if they are your own), and once in a blue moon they will pull off an epic moment of badassery, especially in blood bowl.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

madmac posted:

Oh man they even got the "architecture is wonky as gently caress" aesthetic down perfectly.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Oh, I guess that picture was tied to a new thread with some dev responses to (people whining about) the battle video.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/169103/azhags-ard-armour-quick-q-a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

madmac posted:

Bretonnia is by far my favorite Warhammer faction, so this is extremely my poo poo. They're probably going to be the first paid DLC faction, right?

• Locked thread