Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm still worrying that Penny's static dialogue is a bug, because it sounds really weird if ConcernedApe just... didn't write dialogue for one of the NPCs. And a marriage candidate at that. Leah is offering me to huddle up under a quilt and Abigail wants to share a hot cup of cocoa but Penny just tells me "I've lived in Pelican Town my entire life" and "If you find a rare artifact take it to Gunther at the library" and we're at 8 hearts now. I wanted to marry Penny but I'm not sure I could live with a JRPG NPC.

Does anyone know if it's a known issue or is there a place to file a report?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Can crows still take crops guarded by scare crows? I have a crop that should actually be covered by 2 separate scarecrows that went missing. What gives?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Delaio posted:

Don't put anything next to stone walls. Rocks fall off and overwrite things. It's kind of dumb.

Patch fixed that.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Below and to the right of the Adventurer's Guild.

Don't know if it's because the earthquake didn't happen yet but the Bastards didn't fix that bridge :/

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Tiny Chalupa posted:

When you complete your first quest for the community center what bridge do they fixed?I fixed the one next to the beach already, is there another one down?

are you sure you mean completing all the bundles for a room and not just a single bundle? the reward listed at the bottom of a page is for finishing them all on that page, not just one. you get smaller rewards as you complete individual bundles.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
What do I have to do in order to start that Bundle thing? I've already seen the Community Center in all its glory disrepair. Also, is there any reason to carry a scythe around when I can go Zelda on the grass and bushes with a sword that doesn't cost energy to swing?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Fat Samurai posted:

What do I have to do in order to start that Bundle thing? I've already seen the Community Center in all its glory disrepair. Also, is there any reason to carry a scythe around when I can go Zelda on the grass and bushes with a sword that doesn't cost energy to swing?

There's a little glowing paper in one of the rooms in the community center, when you read it it's all written in moonspeak. It should kick off a quest chain though

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Fans posted:

They're not being fed probably. Are you laying hay out on the bench thing?

loving drat it. I thought they just ate hay automatically from the thingy.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Fat Samurai posted:

When you build a silo, only the scythe turns grass to hay.

You want every piece of hay you can get.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Someone Awful! posted:

There's a little glowing paper in one of the rooms in the community center, when you read it it's all written in moonspeak. It should kick off a quest chain though

The one in the room with the fading critter? I've read that and don't have any new quests.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm at the start of my first summer and got my first chicken. Anything I need to know about chicken breeding apart from "have more than one"?

Fat Samurai posted:

The one in the room with the fading critter? I've read that and don't have any new quests.
You'll get a letter from someone in a day or two.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm at the start of my first summer and got my first chicken. Anything I need to know about chicken breeding apart from "have more than one"?

You need the upgraded coop first. Then you can just place an egg on the incubator and get more.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

You can't incubate them yet, so you'll have to buy all 4.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Your Computer posted:

I'm still worrying that Penny's static dialogue is a bug, because it sounds really weird if ConcernedApe just... didn't write dialogue for one of the NPCs. And a marriage candidate at that. Leah is offering me to huddle up under a quilt and Abigail wants to share a hot cup of cocoa but Penny just tells me "I've lived in Pelican Town my entire life" and "If you find a rare artifact take it to Gunther at the library" and we're at 8 hearts now. I wanted to marry Penny but I'm not sure I could live with a JRPG NPC.

Does anyone know if it's a known issue or is there a place to file a report?

Maybe much like real life some people are just loving boring.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Evil Mastermind posted:

You need an upgraded coop and to drop the egg into the incubator.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Does grass die off when seasons change from summer to fall? I need to know if I should harvest this grass for hay or let it sit and spread.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Can I put a Large Egg in an incubator and hatch a Large Chicken? Does egg color correspond to chicken color? What happens if you hatch one more than the max amount of chickens? Do you have to sell one?

I don't have the upgraded coop yet, is it worth it?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Xtanstic posted:

Does grass die off when seasons change from summer to fall? I need to know if I should harvest this grass for hay or let it sit and spread.

No only fall to winter

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

quote:

chickens
Wait, does that mean I won't get eggs either? Then what's the point of the basic coop?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Cicadas! posted:

Can I put a Large Egg in an incubator and hatch a Large Chicken? Does egg color correspond to chicken color? What happens if you hatch one more than the max amount of chickens? Do you have to sell one?

I don't have the upgraded coop yet, is it worth it?

There's no such thing as a large chicken, unfortunately. No opening up your own Jurassic Park (yet).
Egg colour corresponds to chicken colour, silly as that is.
Not a clue when you cross the max amount that your coop can handle and you have no other coop space.
Upgraded coops allow you to incubate and the second upgrade allows you to buy rabbits! Definitely worth it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wait, does that mean I won't get eggs either? Then what's the point of the basic coop?

well, you kind of need a basic coop to get an upgraded one because the upgrade is applied to a normal coop. also things like 'money' tend to be more of an issue early on.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Evil Mastermind posted:

You get eggs you just can't hatch them. Turn them into Mayo

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Is there a concise guide to save editing to change professions somewhere?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

well, you kind of need a basic coop to get an upgraded one because the upgrade is applied to a normal coop. also things like 'money' tend to be more of an issue early on.
Tell me about it; I've barely gotten above 6k in cash at any point.

At least I have a lot of cash on day 1 of summer, so I can get a bunch of seeds.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Evil Mastermind posted:

Your chicken will lay by all her lonesome. There's no male animals in the game except for male slimes.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Sage Grimm posted:

Egg colour corresponds to chicken colour, silly as that is.

Well, it is more or less how egg color works with real chickens.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I know shrooms are rarer, but will I be screwing myself over if I pick fruit bats for my cave? I just really like bats, man.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

dmboogie posted:

I know shrooms are rarer, but will I be screwing myself over if I pick fruit bats for my cave? I just really like bats, man.
Nope. You won't be screwing yourself over. You find mushrooms often enough in the woods and caves to do any quests.

I picked mushrooms and it's alright, and next time I'll pick fruit.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

So only thing I'm missing for fall forage bundle is the common mushroom, those do show up above ground eventually right, I don't have to go caving?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

both the options are good in their own way, just pick whatever.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

dmboogie posted:

Nah, the difference is pretty insignificant. Go for it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

dmboogie posted:

I don't think you see any bats.

That said I don't see how bats and shrooms are uh, mutually exclusive there science dad. What weird science is going on in there...?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

LibbyM posted:

So only thing I'm missing for fall forage bundle is the common mushroom, those do show up above ground eventually right, I don't have to go caving?

yeah i found them around in fall commonly enough

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Your Computer posted:

Concerned Ape would be a genius if he included a character that had Amnesia and you have to go all 50 first dates on her.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

LibbyM posted:

Yes. You can also find them in the secret forest to the south west of your property if you can break the log.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Winged Orpheus posted:

Is there a concise guide to save editing to change professions somewhere?

Search for your save file. It's in %appdata somewhere I forget the exact path. Ctrl+f for 'professions' and change the value. I switched from rancher to tiller no problem.

JerikTelorian posted:

I did some more save editing and found the info for all the professions, even the ones not on the wiki yet. The selection of level 10 professions is based on the level 5 profession you picked. If you edit your file, just put these in the "professions" area. To pick a level 10 you need the matching level 5.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just started my second year and other than LARGE SCALE INDUSTRIAL FARMING I plan to try my hand at animal husbandry. I already have a coop and a silo, but the posts here make it seem like animals eat unsustainable amounts of food. Is there a list or a chart or something out there than I can refer to? For those of you making walled off areas for your animals, got any pictures of the logistics?

The animals in this game are way cute and I also need things like eggs and milk to fuel my restaurant business.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I just started my second year and other than LARGE SCALE INDUSTRIAL FARMING I plan to try my hand at animal husbandry. I already have a coop and a silo, but the posts here make it seem like animals eat unsustainable amounts of food. Is there a list or a chart or something out there than I can refer to? For those of you making walled off areas for your animals, got any pictures of the logistics?

The animals in this game are way cute and I also need things like eggs and milk to fuel my restaurant business.

Tip 1: pet animals

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Xtanstic posted:

Tip 1: pet animals

Good thing I've already played Undertale :petdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
Penny isn't the only NPC I've had give their introductory dialogue twice. I talked to another NPC... I think it was Demetrius. It played all the same dialogue you get when you first meet him, and I'd been sloughing off my Salmonberries on him for days.