Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If you know ahead of time, yeah. If you're reading in a binge or just saw a notification for a new release and clicked on it to start reading there's a good chance you won't know until it's too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Not to mention that just because you hold back on reading a new release far ahead of schedule doesn't mean that the people you talk about it with will.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Or that anyone will ever actually bother to translate the missing chapters

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Jose posted:

Or that anyone will ever actually bother to translate the missing chapters
It's kind of appropriate for this series though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New Dededestruction.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dead-Dead-Demon-s-Dededededestruction/Vol-004-Ch-027?id=266161

I really, really love this page with the hot dude, after reading the chapter, because of the reveal on the following pages. :allears:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 4, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

TheFallenEvincar posted:

It's kind of appropriate for this series though.

i've not read it it just seems common that when someone jumps ahead to translate all of something whoever was currently do it get all upset and stop and there is a gap in the middle nobody ever bothers with

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

http://all-comic.com/2016/the-tipping-point/

Keiichi Koike is alive and making comics! In an anthology with Urusawa, Terada and Boulet. I'm probably buying it.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/katajikenai-r15396
Also somebody uploaded his samurai comic, Katajikenai, to batoto sometime last year and I only noticed now so I have a lot more Koike to read. It sucks that gantz_waitingroom does all the releases of his stuff and there's no official release but at least there's a french printing of Ultraheaven.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So, does Tokyo Ghoul not have a thread anywhere?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

drug dealin' clown

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Fat_Cow posted:

Nope. No one's made one probably because not enough people care about it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think kissmanga's uploading broke, or the new chapter feed broke, or something broke, since nothings shown up since yesterday morning.

But at least suicide island is front and center so maybe more folks will read it since it's a neat seeies, even if some of the "facts" are flat out wrong (the latest two chapters were real bad for this if the translator is correct)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I think kissmanga's uploading broke, or the new chapter feed broke, or something broke, since nothings shown up since yesterday morning.

But at least suicide island is front and center so maybe more folks will read it since it's a neat seeies, even if some of the "facts" are flat out wrong (the latest two chapters were real bad for this if the translator is correct)

I think anyone who read holyland figured out how full of poo poo that author is.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Serious Frolicking posted:

I think anyone who read holyland figured out how full of poo poo that author is.

Example?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fat_Cow posted:

Check the "promising manga that in the end totally sucked" thread.

RatHat posted:

Example?

Get yourself cornered to have an advantage against x (any x)

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Eh, MC has pretty busted reach on his hands. I enjoy the little "fact" boxes that pop up

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think the author fancies himself some sort of modern day renaissance man.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Eh, he can be silly but it never came off like "I am the ultimate master of many arts!"' just more like "this one time-"
They're whatever but they don't usually detract from my enjoyment of his series when they're good (so not Destroy and Revolution so much lately)

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I think the author fancies himself some sort of modern day renaissance man.

He does the normal research you do when making a series that requires specialized knowledge. He just has a really weird fourth wall breaking narrative style where he inserts himself into it too much

Also, I found the translator's notes in the recent suicide island chapters to be pretty obnoxious. If you must have your quibbles with relatively minor factual details, stick it in a note at the end of the chapter instead of slapping a snotty "again, inaccurate" note in the middle of the page

Law Cheetah fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 8, 2016

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Law Cheetah posted:

He does the normal research you do when making a series that requires specialized knowledge. He just has a really weird fourth wall breaking narrative style where he inserts himself into it too much

Also, I found the translator's notes in the recent suicide island chapters to be pretty obnoxious. If you must have your quibbles with relatively minor factual details, stick it in a note at the end of the chapter instead of slapping a snotty "again, inaccurate" note in the middle of the page

Oh I dunno I thought his "actually eating this plant will loving kill you" notes were great

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The Ancient Magus Bride is getting a prequel... As a three-part anime. This was unexpected.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is not what I wanted

But I'll probably have to wait like another two years for enough chapters to make an actual anime for it worth a drat

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

This is not what I wanted

But I'll probably have to wait like another two years for enough chapters to make an actual anime for it worth a drat

5 volumes good do a decent 12 episode anime

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RIP Kiyoshi.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Mikl posted:

The Ancient Magus Bride is getting a prequel... As a three-part anime. This was unexpected.

Here's a PV. It's all various scenes that happened in the manga though, so no idea what the prequel will involve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoCwUzbkfdk

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Considering how miserable the protagonist's life was before she met the wizard, I'm not sure I'd look forward to a prequel series.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
New And Still The Town Turns! It's a Kon chapter! It's great!

E: Yotsuba&! also got a new chapter a few days ago but I forgot to post it.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 10, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Erased finally got fully scanlated, with chapter 43 filling the gap before the final chapter being the last to be done, but it's over.

Probably one of my overall favorite series ever. What a powerful series, with a good message, and didn't even have some of the pitfalls I saw some folks fear it might have. It managed to not gently caress up the ending either, it didn't necessarily have a perfect happy ending, since the teacher still murdered quite a few people, but it was definitely well done regardless.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's a very tidy and expected sort of ending for where the story was heading, but I'd definitely say it stuck the landing. A great series.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Nate RFB posted:

It's a very tidy and expected sort of ending for where the story was heading, but I'd definitely say it stuck the landing. A great series.

Yep. I really liked how they wrapped everything up. That was a very good series.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

That Works posted:

Yep. I really liked how they wrapped everything up. That was a very good series.

The ending is garbage because Airi and Satoru did not kiss at the end

Has the anime been good?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
:whitewater:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I just read the last bits of PunPun in one sitting.

I'll be right back.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One thing I noticed while rereading some of the earlier chapters of the Erased manga is that Airi suspects Nishizono of being the culprit. Though I guess at that point we don't know how Nishizono's first name uses the same kanji as Gaku.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Erased was good stuff, but I'm pretty glad I didn't read any of it until now when I could get through all at once.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It was also good going month to month(or chapter to chapter, since some releases were erratic), because you were never quite sure where it would go next.

Such as when the killer straight-up wins, and Satoru becomes the victim. Boy, was that a hell of a cliffhanger, and then the following chapter was just as shocking. And then it didn't stop.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The newest chapter of Rin.

Is this seriously the second to last chapter?

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
After a few years and finding out it was complete, I re-read and finished Can't See, Can't Hear, But Love...what a good story. :cry:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I just decided to catch up on I Am a Hero only to find out that its old thread has been archived. Also it has a spin off called I Am A Hero In Osaka which is not drawn by Hanazawa and just seems kind of bad? Either way, I Am a Hero got weirder but I still like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am a Hero really went in a weird direction but an interesting one

Fort of the apocalypse except more serious and grim I suppose