Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
GraveSite got an update!

Patch notes GraveSite v0.31:

-- Added limited Eulogy support (click on tombstone to pull a random eulogy written by one of you, click again for another one, rest of eulogies coming soon along with animation)
-- Added place of birth/age at death
-- Added dimensional door conduit to last gravestone on click it's just a ridiculous animation

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Snitches get stitches hookworms

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Im sure it will only be a mild torture session, Our girl Keeps her trap shut

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Shut up

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

No dobbing.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
The life of Rasuna Irawan, part five

For most people it would have been a difficult choice, choosing between your principles and the safety and well-being of yourself and your family. For Rasuna, it isn't a choice at all. She steadfastly refuses to say anything at all to her captors, confident that her famous namesake would have done the same.

After a few hours of fruitless questioning, they let her go unscathed. She is safe, for now, but it is apparent that the government will have their eyes on her from now own.

Age 22

The news of her interrogation grants her a status as a minor celebrity within the organisation. A man about her age, Ken-Dedes, is awestruck by her heroism and confesses his love for her. His intelligence and strong morals appeal to her, and she allows him to take her out to dinner.

Over the course of the next few weeks, a serious relationship starts to develop.

They spend a lot of time together and although it means Rasuna has to cut down on her exercises, their late night political discussions make it worth it.

Age 23

:sigh:

It is a bad year in Indonesia, with both wildfires and volcanic eruptions striking. Luckily, Rasuna and her family live far away from the affected areas.

This a bit too close to reality, as RL-Indonesia was hit by an earthquake only yesterday :(

Through a friend, Rasuna learns that her arrest last year was orchestrated by one of the large local landowners calling in some favours with the police, out of fear that her activities would cause issues among the workforce. She sets herself to the task of uncovering these corrupt activities.

Then quite suddenly, after a particularly nice dinner, Ken-Dedes proposes to her.

Rasuna has become rather more intelligent in the recent years. All this fighting corruption and combating inequality must be good for her brain!

She is not in the best of health though, maybe because of her biennial goitre flare-ups. (I swear to god, I never used to see this much goitre in the game until you goons jinxed it!)

Just a quick update, but an important vote! Is Ken-Dedes the man for Rasuna?

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

St Evan Echoes posted:

Good thing our brother will walk without rhythm :v:

:vince:

Cathode Raymond posted:

GraveSite got an update!

Patch notes GraveSite v0.31:

-- Added limited Eulogy support (click on tombstone to pull a random eulogy written by one of you, click again for another one, rest of eulogies coming soon along with animation)
-- Added place of birth/age at death
-- Added dimensional door conduit to last gravestone on click it's just a ridiculous animation

You're doing a great job! :) Almost makes me wish our characters would die off more quickly!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Make us the happiest goons alive

echidnagirl
Mar 27, 2014
Yes to marrying Ken-Dedes, we could be called Barbie-Dedes.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Let's do this :3:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Get hitched.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
He's not the living saint that Rasuna is, but he is conscientious enough, and maybe his contentedness will rub off on her a little.

Get married

Edit: I really wish that Yu had gotten that "Take advantage of local corruption?" event that Rasuna just got. Is that only available to administrative aids and other gov't officials?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Say yes to the dress.

I keep imagining that if this were adapted into a film, the constant goiters would be depicted with Cornetto Trilogy-style hard cuts showing the treatment and pain of it. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8dFK5nI1YA

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.
Here comes the briiiiiide~

Man, I've not seen so many goiters before. Granted, I've the 2010 version so maybe they fixed that a bit but it also might be the country she's living in that's causing them to pop up all the time?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Marriage? Of Course!

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

To have and to hold, until goitre do us part. :unsmith:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Put a ring(worm) on it. (Ew.)

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Comrade Koba posted:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Comrade Koba posted:

We all know what we'll talk about when she dies, huh? But I agree.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Yes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Comrade Koba posted:

You could say that we've goitre do it :v:

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Apparently I was supposed to put something here.
Fun Shoe
well, this just happened in my game...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
Steve Biko would've been proud.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Marry that conscientious man!

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Love and marriage go together like a goitre and carriage.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

definitely get married you might not have much time before you go back to jail

this is a lot of fun to play for a little while, i hope they put a little more quality control into this 2016 version that supposedly will exist. the basic idea is really cool, and even in these old versions it ends up being pretty immersive

it's been a while but i think the most intense game i had was some ethiopian subsistence farmer lady who i think was born with some std or another (can't remember if that's a mechanic, might be thinking of the std's she got from the next part) and got raped like half a dozen times throughout her like 40 years of life. the whole time i was trying to keep the kids alive and bouncing along the bottom levels of the food/shelter ladders. i remember just kind of staring at the screen for a while after she died

and once i had a brilliant ugly taiwanese lady who became a doctor or something but never could get someone to marry her

i used the character builder to make a version of me - dude got a decent job and family then died of prostate cancer at like 40. that still kinda creeps me out

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 4, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I recently had a police officer (born pretty poor, but joined the army for two tours) who, after his wife attacked him with a brick, left her, was constantly refused a police inspector job, so he started fighting social injustice, met a new woman, was fired for his political veiws, got attacked with a brick AGAIN, but worked it out this time, adopted a 5 year old daughter, was fired from a series of jobs for his activism, arrested a few times too, but died at the age of 75 from heart disease, with something like 80 happiness and 110 conscious.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

The life of Rasuna Irawan, part six

Rasuna accepts, and they are engaged to be married.

Saleh turns eighteen, and graduates from school as well. Now little Madja is the only minor in the family, at fourteen.

Age 24

Wow, there really are a lot of fires in Indonesia this run.

Age 25

Clothing facts! :eng101: Really, that article was more interesting than I thought i would be.

STOP IT :supaburn:

Later that year, Rasuna and Ken-Dedes are married. The ceremony is a modest affair by most accounts, although a large number of friends and family attend. Rasuna is now Mrs. Rasuna Habibie. It is quite literally the happiest day of her life. :unsmith:

The newlyweds move into a little place of their own, although Rasuna insists on staying in the village to be close to her parents.

It is a simple little home and their lives are very modest, especially since Rasuna's husband is currently unemployed. That doesn't stop them from making an enormous contribution to charity each month.

Age 26

Ken-Dedes starts up a small business out of their home, making a variety of handmade goods. He is quite skilled, and manages to bring in a decent sum of money for the family. Things are looking up.

Shortly afterward, the village doctor confirms what Rasuna has suspected for some time. She is pregnant.

Rasuna's happiness was up to 21 there for a while, but now she's back to her old solemn self. :smith:

The happy (albeit goitery) couple! I haven't adjusted their spending since Ken got his job, so there are improvements that can be made.

Let's talk about babies!

First of all, what should Rasuna do with this baby?

If we opt to keep it, how many kids are we aiming for? Should she actively try to get pregnant?

Also, feel free to provide input on the spending policy! Her giving as much as possible to charity was a forgone conclusion, and I felt she'd prioritise consumer goods lower than food or shelter, let me know if you think differently!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Keep them, and go for as many and as often as possible. Yu left one foul spawn, our charitable saint needs a legion.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
Keep it, but try and keep the family small, Rasuna knows what its like to live in a huge family on minimal money, she doesn't want that for her family

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lazaruise posted:

Keep it, but try and keep the family small, Rasuna knows what its like to live in a huge family on minimal money, she doesn't want that for her family

This.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Keep the little bugger

shwa
Feb 19, 2016

by Pragmatica

Lazaruise posted:

Definitely this, it certainly doesn't seem like a large family is going to help our situation here.

I'd shoot for one kid, but be open to one more if it happens.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Keep.

Don't try to get pregnant, but I do feel like she'd be willing to adopt a few children in need instead. Take all the local orphans into her home or something.

This thread inspired me to get the game, and I've been having lots of fun. My first character was a dirt poor Kenyan girl, who spent her youth suffering from malnutrition (wasting AND stunting) and a ton of bad luck - both her parents died young (her father died of WORMS!), her siblings got nasty diseases. Still, she had a good outlook on life, and eventually moved to Nairobe where she worked her way up to Police Captain! Her first marriage ended in divorce, but she got remarried late in life, had a child, adopted a second child, and left them quite a windfall when she died a few months from retirement (literally, I was gonna retire her the year I got the message she died). She had been scrimping and saving her whole life to get enough money to emigrate to another country - she never did, but what she did earn might help her kids manage it at least.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 4, 2016

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

Keep the kid, maybe adopting one or two (older and unwanted) children if the economic situation improves. And don't increase spending with that baby on the way.

My first and best run of this game was an Egyptian man named Yabir. His family had chronically terrible health, though somehow he was never touched. He was a saintly boy and spent most of this time praying and helping those in need-- including trying to change the corruption in his country once he was old enough. He got arrested twice, and fired three times, but refused to give it up-- even when the love of his life refused to marry him unless he chose a safer route.

Until he found another woman and married her-- the day that his wife told him he was pregnant, he quietly removed himself from politics. He didn't want anything to happen to him that would leave his family destitute or, Allah forbid, have the police go after them directly. Both he and his wife were too old to have any more natural children, but his son was joined by two adopted sisters. Once Yabir stopped getting fired and arrested all the time, he started making good salary as a safety inspector.

Yabir's unnaturally good health ended up being a curse-- he outlived his entire family. First his parents, then his brothers and sisters-- then one of his girls died of a seizure before she was even an adult. Then his wife, his other daughter (also a seizure), his son was last-- killed at war, I think. He became a soldier. Yabir got forced into retirement from his well-paying job and ended his days miserable, scrounging for things to resell and living in a one room hut.

At least he ended up better than his sister-- she had something like four or five wives/girlfriends die on her before she eventually committed suicide.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lazaruise posted:

This seems like the best way to go.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Keep the kid, but try to slow down the childbearing until Rasuna's economic situation improves

Suspect Bucket posted:

I recently had a police officer (born pretty poor, but joined the army for two tours) who, after his wife attacked him with a brick, left her, was constantly refused a police inspector job, so he started fighting social injustice, met a new woman, was fired for his political veiws, got attacked with a brick AGAIN, but worked it out this time, adopted a 5 year old daughter, was fired from a series of jobs for his activism, arrested a few times too, but died at the age of 75 from heart disease, with something like 80 happiness and 110 conscious.

I'm usually not the type to engage in victim blaming but if you get beaten with a brick by two separate women, you probably did something to deserve it, or you have a brickable face or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Children are the greatest riches on this Earth! Be fruitful and multiply (max kids).

• Locked thread