Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

Your Computer posted:

What counts as "can get to"? Anywhere on the farmland or close to the coop? I might have placed it a bit stupidly, as I basically nestled it between my house and the northern exit.

The animals seem to have to actually go to the grass and they nibble on it with a little animation. So make sure your grass is simply reachable, i'm not sure how far they may travel to eat however. Also, not sure how to zoom out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
gently caress prairie king's final boss jesus gently caress

gently caress all of stage 3 really

my pro tips; the shop-powers are speed (boots) attack speed (GUN) and damage (box of bullets, I guess) get boots last. You'll want boots eventually but they only really help in the third world. Go with attack speed, then damage then attack speed again. Ideally you can squeeze in another damage so you can one shot the fliers and two shot the mummies in the third world, but that'd be pretty lucky. Only buy boots in world three if you can't afford anything else; if you can't afford anything else sooner, just leave it be.

If you have a power up in storage and go to pick one up, you immediately use THE ONE YOU PICKED UP, saving your storage slot. Save that precious sherif's badge when you need it.

The lightning and box powerful both can make enemies shuffle into the spawn area, where you can pick things up from, so they're TRASH. I recommend ignoring them.

Someone else said dying lets you reset part of the stage timer so you can grind for more money, but unless you're realllly rolling in lives I wouldn't recommend it. Stage 3 and the boss are that brutal.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Funkmaster General posted:

Drop them in the box at your farm.

Don't expect good prices just because they're rare, though. I sold a duplicate dwarf scroll and got a whopping 1g for it.

Thanks! For some reason I thought that that box was a trash can after trying to store stuff in it. I don't mind the horrible prices, I just have way too many chests with stuff I didn't want to throw away.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

PhantomZero posted:

You don't have to do anything, but if you put them next to flowers you grow you will get different types of honey.
Neat! I love little details like that. :allears:

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

KoB posted:

They replace the community center with a warehouse and you get to buy the upgrades instead.

And also youre a monster.

Honestly, who wouldn't want little jellopops capering and farting at things to fix them?

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Neat! I love little details like that. :allears:

Poppy honey during the summer makes bank.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for some reason i never really thought to put flowers by the hives. has anyone planted fairy flowers next to them? do they make good honey from that?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Fairy rose does 800 or so according to the wiki, but he also nerfed honey so who knows if it was a blanket -100 or what

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Gamerofthegame posted:

Fairy rose does 800 or so according to the wiki, but he also nerfed honey so who knows if it was a blanket -100 or what
Most artisan effects count as a multiplier so I'd expect half the prices on the wiki. But who knows.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Malek posted:

I know it's a semi bug but Abigal seems to be eating any quartz I give her. :wtc:

Bitch is hungry. I feed them not because I want to marry her but because I'm impressed. She eats rocks

I made it a point to plant flowers next to my beehives.and yeah flavored honey rules.

I just hit summer 1 had a large surplus of cash saved up to ensure maximum crops asap. Now I'm adding crab pots to my morning ritual, cash is steadily rolling in.
Finally hit 40 on the mine so I can farm up iron.
Very happy with my progress. I'm hoping for chickens before fall as I have a massive untamed grass plot begging to be turned until hay

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Your Computer posted:

I'm still worrying that Penny's static dialogue is a bug, because it sounds really weird if ConcernedApe just... didn't write dialogue for one of the NPCs. And a marriage candidate at that. Leah is offering me to huddle up under a quilt and Abigail wants to share a hot cup of cocoa but Penny just tells me "I've lived in Pelican Town my entire life" and "If you find a rare artifact take it to Gunther at the library" and we're at 8 hearts now. I wanted to marry Penny but I'm not sure I could live with a JRPG NPC.

Does anyone know if it's a known issue or is there a place to file a report?

I think it is. Looking through her dialogue files, she has lots of unique stuff to say, at least as much as the other marriage candidates.

Kyrosiris posted:

Is there a list of these for everyone (or at least for Maru)?

Here's a zip of all of the schedules.
https://mega.nz/#!NMkCQbwb!AagCithtfTfEXeHHgMsJqtCy2m9AtblLRon5CAH60Y8

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

In the calico desert mine, how far down do you have to get for an elevator type mechanic? Also those fast flying green guys wreck me.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Elendil004 posted:

In the calico desert mine, how far down do you have to get for an elevator type mechanic? Also those fast flying green guys wreck me.

I got to 35 without seeing one, so I don't think there are any.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I've finally figured out why I think Caroline looks weird.

Her world-sprite is like 50% her boobs, wtf.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

Someone Awful! posted:

why do you do this to me, stardew valley.......... :arghfist::saddowns:

There's another item with the exact same name that you need to donate. You're trying to donate the wrong shell there. You can find the correct shell on the beach sometimes (repaired bridge area with the coral).

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

How long does it take to get that other 1000 points by fishing in the fall festival mingame? I already know my stuff will get me the win in the grange display, but I hope I can get the stardrop during my lunch break...

Gamerofthegame posted:

I've finally figured out why I think Caroline looks weird.

Her world-sprite is like 50% her boobs, wtf.

Some characters' world sprites are just weird. Like, was Marnie meant to be fat?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Icedude posted:

How long does it take to get that other 1000 points by fishing in the fall festival mingame? I already know my stuff will get me the win in the grange display, but I hope I can get the stardrop during my lunch break...

Some characters' world sprites are just weird. Like, was Marnie meant to be fat?

If you do it flawlessly you should get 200-230 points per round, each round is 2 minutes, give or take a bit due to to loading in and out, so.... 15 minutes?

Edit: Nvm, each round is 90 seconds. 10 minutes+- then.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Icedude posted:

If you're good at fishing (and the mini-game itself is pretty easy), then you'll get 200 - 250 points per go. Since each one lasts 90 seconds, that's 6 to 7.5 minutes (plus another minute or so for transitions and whatnot)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Dr. Carwash posted:

There's another item with the exact same name that you need to donate. You're trying to donate the wrong shell there. You can find the correct shell on the beach sometimes (repaired bridge area with the coral).

I assumed that was the case, but that isn't going to stop me from being super mad about it!!!

e: i found one seconds after posting this, though :toot:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Someone Awful! posted:

I assumed that was the case, but that isn't going to stop me from being super mad about it!!!

The actual item seems super common on the beach during winter, so no worries.

Kor
Feb 15, 2012

So I picked this game up the day before yesterday and been having a blast. I kind of whiffed on the Community Center bundles, I somehow didn't even realize they were a thing until the last couple of days of Spring so I missed out on doing a bunch for my first year. Is this going to be any kind of problem in the future? Are there any time-crunch mechanics or events where if I haven't done x/y/z by a certain date I'm gated out of anything permanently? The game has been super zen for me so far so I'm hoping I can keep on just taking things at my own pace and relaxing without having to worry.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
I've just upgraded to four chickens in year one. I'm wondering if I hosed up. How much pasture does each animal need?

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Kor posted:

So I picked this game up the day before yesterday and been having a blast. I kind of whiffed on the Community Center bundles, I somehow didn't even realize they were a thing until the last couple of days of Spring so I missed out on doing a bunch for my first year. Is this going to be any kind of problem in the future? Are there any time-crunch mechanics or events where if I haven't done x/y/z by a certain date I'm gated out of anything permanently? The game has been super zen for me so far so I'm hoping I can keep on just taking things at my own pace and relaxing without having to worry.

Nope. There's a score at the end of 2 years that has no effect on any gameplay at all, and you keep on playing after. Enjoy completely!

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Chump Farts posted:

I've just upgraded to four chickens in year one. I'm wondering if I hosed up. How much pasture does each animal need?

A full square of grass is one unit of hay, assuming you've built a silo to store the hay in when you swing your scythe. You need one unit of hay each day for each animal you have on your farm. If you've got four chickens and you're calculating for winter, it's 28 days times 4, so that comes out to 112 units of hay to last your chickens. You can stretch this a bit if you let every now and then a day go by without feeding them. Keep in mind, you'll also need feed for spring to give grass time to regrow.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

So is it impossible to get married in the winter? I'm guessing snow doesn't count the same as rain to make the marriage necklace guy show up. :(

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So uh, apparently the left side of my farm has become a dense goddamn forest since Winter? :psyduck:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Is there any reliable way to farm Earth Crystals besides busting stones in the early mine levels?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Moles also drop earth crystals.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
After putting 40 hours in the game and changing my mind several times about it, I think I'm finally ready to agree that the days are too short for my taste. This game could be relaxing but instead I'm constantly exasperated and running everywhere. My farm looks like a mess, and I hate to think under pressure so it will probably be kept that way. Somehow even while paused in inventory I can't put away this sense of urgency. I understand that some people may like it like that, but to me I think it might be worth giving that slower time patch a try.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How does this game control? Can I use a gamepad?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pigbottom posted:

After putting 40 hours in the game and changing my mind several times about it, I think I'm finally ready to agree that the days are too short for my taste. This game could be relaxing but instead I'm constantly exasperated and running everywhere. My farm looks like a mess, and I hate to think under pressure so it will probably be kept that way. Somehow even while paused in inventory I can't put away this sense of urgency. I understand that some people may like it like that, but to me I think it might be worth giving that slower time patch a try.

I'm absolutely loving slowed down time. I just changed it from 7 sec to 10 sec and it made a world of difference.

It's super chill, and I actually feel limited by the Energy meter so I make and eat food, visit the bathhouse, etc... and I have time to do so! I don't care if 7 sec per 10 min is the dev's ~vision~, because 10 sec feels so much more chill and fun. :3:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

How does this game control? Can I use a gamepad?

Either WASD plus left and right mouse click or a gamepad. I play with a gamepad personally and it works well.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Broken Cog posted:

I got to 35 without seeing one, so I don't think there are any.

drat, how do you delve that fast in one day where you can't even start till what, 10?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Pigbottom posted:

Your Computer posted:

I'm absolutely loving slowed down time. I just changed it from 7 sec to 10 sec and it made a world of difference.

It's super chill, and I actually feel limited by the Energy meter so I make and eat food, visit the bathhouse, etc... and I have time to do so! I don't care if 7 sec per 10 min is the dev's ~vision~, because 10 sec feels so much more chill and fun. :3:

I'm debating on this. On the one hand, it's nice that I can't get everything done in a day. On the other hand, I feel like I have to plan out my days like crazy and if I spend half a day looking for an NPC I feel like I've wasted it. I just hit Fall and during the Summer when my things ramped up it felt like I had a ton to do. I'm hoping things will slow down come winter time and I can re-organize my farm and spelunk a lot.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Your Computer posted:

That sounds great. I'm going to try it now.

Pi In The Sky
Dec 31, 2015

Your Computer posted:

So uh, apparently the left side of my farm has become a dense goddamn forest since Winter? :psyduck:

Yeah, I noticed mine turning into one around mid-Fall, so I thinned it out a bit.

Still probably going to be a forest come Spring. :(

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Your Computer posted:

looks like a job for mega bombs m8

Alaan
May 24, 2005

So has anyone got to level 10 fishing since the patch? My own testing was pretty inconclusive. The last time I played my game I sold 200g of fish and got a CTD. Today I sold 1500g trying to see what happened and I didn't level up off that.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Elendil004 posted:

drat, how do you delve that fast in one day where you can't even start till what, 10?
You can find holes under some of the rocks that make you fall 4-8 floors (and take some falling damage as well, so bring food). You just have to get lucky with those.

The lower levels definitely seem to have more resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Cantorsdust posted:

I think it is. Looking through her dialogue files, she has lots of unique stuff to say, at least as much as the other marriage candidates.

Is there a link somewhere? Wanna check to see if her romance dialogue really isn't popping up from what I've seen.

And are the Chucklefish forums the best place to report bugs, or would the SV subreddit/CA's Twitter be better?