Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

Please forgive me thread

Non.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

:saddowns:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I've marathoned like 50 chapters today after putting the series off and I just cant comprehend how someone would root for the humans instead of the demons. I thought it was impossible but here we are.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I've marathoned like 50 chapters today after putting the series off and I just cant comprehend how someone would root for the humans instead of the demons. I thought it was impossible but here we are.

Errors were made. :v:

Nah, they're evil fucks and they're going down. Nice that the demons are stonewalling them as much as they do, it just, uuuuh... kinda makes them appear more ineffectual than you'd think after genociding their entire own species. But, well, looks like that's gonna change soon.

I'm digging in the well here, ain't I.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Torquemadras posted:

Errors were made. :v:

Nah, they're evil fucks and they're going down. Nice that the demons are stonewalling them as much as they do, it just, uuuuh... kinda makes them appear more ineffectual than you'd think after genociding their entire own species. But, well, looks like that's gonna change soon.

I'm digging in the well here, ain't I.

Nah your point is pretty clear from where I'm sitting. Having the bulk of the human forces flailing ineffectually against the humans over and over makes it difficult to regard them as the threat the story tells us that they are.

People are bad at long term thinking in general, and watching the humans get humiliated over and over makes it difficult to look at them and remember that eventually they are going to more or less save scum/power level their way over the demons.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They're explicitly winning a war of attrition.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The whole threat is long term one. Idiota!!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Paging Lord Justice to the thread.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
AND they get stronger every go around.

Eagerly awaiting the reveal that this is all just WoW and the next expansion is when things will actually progress.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Caros posted:

Nah your point is pretty clear from where I'm sitting. Having the bulk of the human forces flailing ineffectually against the humans over and over makes it difficult to regard them as the threat the story tells us that they are.

They are using :darksouls: tactics. After a while they are going to beat the demons while dressed like idiots and wielding farm instruments, just to add some extra challenge.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Torquemadras posted:

Sure, but they're just so outclassed I can't help but root for the underdog, here

You can do it, evil humans! Become the world-threatening force I know you can be!

And then be defeated and become best friends with the demons

Fin

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Would you believe me if I said I did it all for entropy

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

Would you believe me if I said I did it all for entropy

Non.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

V good post

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Oh poo poo

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

We have become one.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Seems like the humans aren't going to stay mindless and evil anyways.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Now THAT would be a fantasy manga, am I RIGHT fellas? :haw:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Voted Worst Mom posted:

If they did then Helck would not be able to marry Alicia and I would destroy this miserable world.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

chumbler posted:

If they did then Helck would not be able to marry Alicia and I would destroy this miserable world.

:same:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I just marathonned all of Helck and why is there not more :negative:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Good things take time. If you'd prefer to read garbage we have a lovely selection over here if you're curious. :)

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

One of us. One of us.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

There is still the piuy thread.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://boards.4chan.org/a/thread/138276423/helck-thread#p138315796

Amazing how quick my smile at the development with Edil turns to horror at the last page

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Also

I wanna see the Rococo eyes

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I will kill Mikaros. You can't stop me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't know what you're talking about. Edil will be all "that did nothing to me!" and be fine and give us hope once again. :smith:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Also

I wanna see the Rococo eyes

Personally betting for a tri-clops

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Speculation: Mikaros "releases" Edil, but because he's already breaking free of the King's orders it also releases him from control and Mikaros gets his poo poo pushed in

I just wanna see Mikaros get punched real good

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Tarezax posted:

Speculation: Mikaros "releases" Edil, but because he's already breaking free of the King's orders it also releases him from control and Mikaros gets his poo poo pushed in

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tarezax posted:

Sword and Punch hero reunion :3:

:smith:
That isn't going to happen is it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Voted Worst Mom posted:

You guys seem to know more about the King than the story has shown so far. We thought the King wasn't a character in and of themselves, but other than that we still have no clue who or what he is or why do this now for that matter?

Well we do know a few things. We know from Rafead's conversation last chapter he's not a regular human and is instead the former king of a "fallen country" (or something to that effect), that he can control something akin to New World Organisms, that he couldn't launch his plan without time and help (in the form of Mikaros, Rafead & Cless) and that he can control even someone like Sharumai. So the picture that builds to me is that he's from whatever dimension the "New World Organisms" come from, that he empowered Mikaros long ago and has been bidding his time since as he waits for a chance to launch his plan - whatever that is. Probably to use the demons as a testing ground and re-take his own dimension/country.

tsob fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 8, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He is the king of a fallen country because he is the king of the humans, whose country has fallen.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Serious Frolicking posted:

He is the king of a fallen country because he is the king of the humans, whose country has fallen.

Do you actually believe that?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

tsob posted:

Do you actually believe that?

We know him as the king of the humans. The country of humans has fallen. Why assume that he must be the king of some other country that has never been mentioned which coincidentally also fell?

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!

Serious Frolicking posted:

We know him as the king of the humans. The country of humans has fallen. Why assume that he must be the king of some other country that has never been mentioned which coincidentally also fell?

To let one country fall is misfortune. Two is carelessness.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Is this akin to lucifer and the biscuit hammer? I've read a couple chapters of that and it seemed interesting enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like it more than that but they're not really the same series

• Locked thread