Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

checkplease posted:

What's wrong with gimmick episodes anyways? We have 10 season of "normal" sunny, so why not try some strange stuff like Being Frank or a thematic one like the ski episode (which is similar in parody concept to the leathal weapons).
Granted, trying to do different things might not always work out as well, but I like when they try.

Being Frank was kind of hit or miss, but The Gang Hits the Slopes was right up there with the best episodes they've ever done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Snapchat A Titty posted:

NO ITS WINDOWS GODDANIT

Thats quite a stretch considering they didnt mention microsoft or windows once. Jabroni.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Charlie's random heel turns are usually the best bit of whatever episode they happen in honestly. "What are we going to do with this piece of poo poo," about the leprechaun slayed me.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Vitamin P posted:

Charlie's random heel turns are usually the best bit of whatever episode they happen in honestly. "What are we going to do with this piece of poo poo," about the leprechaun slayed me.

Often times, Charlie has the cruelest intentions of them all.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
He's truly the wild card.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
Charlie is Frank's son in spirit. He was gonna torture the poo poo out of that leprechaun. :3:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
He did get that little guy to confess to poo poo he's never done.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 29, 2016

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I've found the perfect series finale.

quote:

Failed Murder Attempts[edit]
The events that led to Malloy's death began in January 1933.[2][3] He was, at the time, alcoholic and homeless.[2][3] Five men who were acquainted with Malloy: Tony Marino, Joseph "Red" Murphy, Francis Pasqua, Hershey Green, and Daniel Kriesberg (later dubbed "the Murder Trust" by the headlines[1]), plotted to take out three life insurance policies on Malloy and then get him to drink himself to death.[2][3] The first part of the plot was successful (probably achieved with the aid of a corrupt insurance agent), and they stood to gain over $3,500 (more than $61,000 by 2011's standards by the CPI) if Malloy died an accidental death.[2][3]

Marino owned a speakeasy and gave Malloy unlimited credit, thinking Malloy would abuse it and drink himself to death.[2][3] Although Malloy drank for a majority of his waking day, it did not kill him. To remedy this, antifreeze was substituted for liquor, but still, Malloy would drink until he passed out, wake up, and come back for more.[2][3] Antifreeze was substituted with turpentine, followed by horse liniment, and finally mixed in rat poison.[2][5] Still, Malloy lived.

The group then tried raw oysters soaked in wood alcohol.[2][3] This idea apparently came from Pasqua, who saw a man die after eating oysters with whiskey.[2] Then came a sandwich of spoiled sardines mixed with poison and carpet tacks.[2][3][6]

When that failed, they decided that it was unlikely that anything Malloy ingested was going to kill him, so the Murder Trust decided to freeze him to death. On a night when the temperature reached −14 °F (−26 °C), Malloy drank until he passed out, was carried to a park, dumped in the snow, and had five gallons (19 L) of water poured on his bare chest.[2][3] Nevertheless, Malloy reappeared the following day for his drink. The next attempt on his life came when they hit him with Green's taxi, moving at 45 miles per hour (72 km/h).[2][3] This put Malloy in the hospital for three weeks with broken bones.[3] The gang presumed he was dead but was unable to collect the policy on him.[2] When he again appeared at the bar, they decided on one last approach.

Malloy's murder[edit]
On February 22, after he passed out for the night, they took him to Murphy's room, put a hose in his mouth that was connected to the gas jet, and turned it on.[2][3] This finally killed Malloy, death occurring within an hour.[2][3]

He was pronounced dead of lobar pneumonia and quickly buried.[5][7] Despite this, the Murder Trust failed to divide the collected loot evenly.[2][3] Eventually police heard rumors of "Mike the Durable" in speakeasies all over town, and upon learning that a Michael Malloy had died that night, they had the body exhumed and forensically examined.[2][3]

The five men were put on trial. Green went to prison, and the other four members were executed in the electric chair at Sing Sing.[2][8]

"The Gang Kills Cricket"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

That's amazing but it's a shame they kinda already tried this scheme with Pondy in "Mac kills his dad". Gonna guess it was probably a reference to this very incident?

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Barbara Reynolds banged Mac in order to piss Frank off. Frank doesn't find out about it for the rest of her life.

Bad plan barb.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
This show doesn't know how many years on this earth it has left, so it is gonna get real weird with it.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

They already tried that scheme with Pondy.

Edit: beaten GOD dammit!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Tokelau All Star posted:

They already tried that scheme with Pondy.

Edit: beaten GOD dammit!

Maybe they'd like to take one of their old plans out of the trash and recycle it?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

many johnnys posted:

Barbara Reynolds banged Mac in order to piss Frank off. Frank doesn't find out about it for the rest of her life.

Bad plan barb.

Also Frank is so senile that he's probably already forgotten about it.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO91mX4K8r8

Jack Kelly will give you the hand up you need to win at all your lawyering!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I personally think the show should end with Cricket killing the gang and maybe himself too. They turned him into a monster and monsters do have a habit of killing their creators.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Cricket revels in his squalor. He loves the gang because they have, in fact, given him total freedom. Their torture of him has given him a validation that he arguably had never received from the church or in high school.

He would never hurt them.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
If the bar doesn't burn down by the end, most likely by the gang's own plan spiraling out of control, I'm going to be pretty surprised.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The bar burns down with the gang and the entire Mcpoyle clan inside while Cricket and Pondy haul rear end down the street.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i hope they just don't do a finale. They are almost always disapointing.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

JakeP posted:

i hope they just don't do a finale. They are almost always disapointing.

As Dennis once said, sometimes things just end.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It all has to end on a title card

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

A 20 minute cold open where the gang prepares for a really, obviously terrible plan, "The Gang Dies" title card, credits

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Overdrift posted:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i liked the part where charlie was told to not drink paint but then he drank some paint anyways

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

little munchkin posted:

i liked the part where charlie was told to not drink paint but then he drank some paint anyways

Wow, what a lovely callback. This show is dead in the water.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Overdrift posted:

555 = kkk

That made me burst out laughing.

Edit: Is Charlie Day actually related to the guy who plays Jack Kelly? Because they look and sound very similar.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 2, 2016

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

555 = kkk

555 is just the series of numbers they use to ensure that no one can call a made up number and actually reach anybody.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

555 = kkk

Also:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/555_(telephone_number)

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Obstacle2 posted:

555 is just the series of numbers they use to ensure that no one can call a made up number and actually reach anybody.

I think everyone knows that, that's not the funny part.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Obstacle2 posted:

...yes, I am aware of that. The part I thought was funny was the fact that 555 = kkk which I never realized before.:thejoke:

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 2, 2016

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
In the olden days of letter phone exchanges, it would have been given a name, Hollywood often used "KLondike 5", or KL5, for 555. Your local phone exchange would often have a cute name for the first two digits.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Overdrift posted:

So many hand puns, jesus christ.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kefkafloyd posted:

In the olden days of letter phone exchanges, it would have been given a name, Hollywood often used "KLondike 5", or KL5, for 555. Your local phone exchange would often have a cute name for the first two digits.

I always wondered what that "Klondike 5" thing was, it was referenced in the Simpsons a few times.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So many hand puns, jesus christ.

I really liked how much Bill Ponderosa enjoyed saying one

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I love how Charlie wears the same short sleeve yellow button-up every time.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
The Gang Goes To Hell: Part 1 is airing tonight. Here's the preview for lazy goons. Don't watch if you care about immersion or spoilers or whatever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL17mJo4Hx0
I'm not sure where the show is going. But I'm going to ride this ship to comedy heaven. HONK. It looks like Gun Fever 3 could come up next season.
Here's what I think is in store for the season finale:
I think Frank dies at the end. There would be a kind of cinematic symmetry if the last season is lacking Frank.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I was watching "Being Frank", and I realized even one of those brownies would have killed that poor dog.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Why would you want any of the gang to actually die? That's depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Why would you want any of the gang to actually die? That's depressing.

R.I.P. Country Mac.