Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
The gently caress is happening in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

EC posted:

The gently caress is happening in this thread

Therapy.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

redhalo posted:

CP & Sonarr handle torrent automation pretty much hands free. The only thing that often tends to gently caress poo poo up is dumb anime naming schemes.

What's SR & SB? I'd love to play with some more software.

He probably means Sickbeard and SickRage which is a fork of Sickbeard with torrent support.

I'll have to try the torrent integration with Sonarr again, its been awhile.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

The Gunslinger posted:

He probably means Sickbeard and SickRage which is a fork of Sickbeard with torrent support.

I'll have to try the torrent integration with Sonarr again, its been awhile.

Oh yeah, it's been a while since I messed with SickRage.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I just updated to Kodi 16.0 – Jarvis and I have an exciting new problem. When I turn my TV off and on again with Kodi running it makes the UI huge so I can't see anything but the upper left corner. I switched from fullscreen to fullscreen window and that didn't help. If I exit Kodi and start it again it works fine. I have my computer plugged into a surround receiver and then into the TV if that matters. I was doing some reading and I guess the new version supports UI scaling or something to that effect for use on Android devices with crazy high res screens but I can't find any settings to turn that off, if it's the problem. Is there an IRC channel for Kodi or anything?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Since it seems topical, Plex and Kodi both seem to prefer Movies and TV Shows be in two different folders for their respective scrapers. How do you guys accomplish this while continuing to seed, without using double the storage? Right now I just leave it all in one folder and let God sort it out.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Internet Explorer posted:

Since it seems topical, Plex and Kodi both seem to prefer Movies and TV Shows be in two different folders for their respective scrapers. How do you guys accomplish this while continuing to seed, without using double the storage? Right now I just leave it all in one folder and let God sort it out.

Watch folders that go to separate directories.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

redhalo posted:

CP & Sonarr handle torrent automation pretty much hands free. The only thing that often tends to gently caress poo poo up is dumb anime naming schemes.
I watch some anime and SickRage has been handling that very well lately thanks to the mapping efforts of the good guys over on XEM. Sonarr hooks into their API as well so it should be working, but then again these groups don't just have dumb naming schemes but also can't agree on numbering in several cases.

Internet Explorer posted:

Windows supports hard links too. You can have more than one link to the same file on modern file systems.

Keito fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 24, 2016

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
But what about when you have to seed all the RARs and have the file stored in your Movies directory? Still using ~double the storage.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

wolfbiker posted:

But what about when you have to seed all the RARs and have the file stored in your Movies directory? Still using ~double the storage.

Kodi can actually play files from within split rar archives so it could work for movies. I imagine it'd soon turn into an unholy mess for TV shows.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I've been wanting to take my DVDs off the shelves and convert them to ISO files, so I can save physical space on the shelf. I also want to keep the disks as in tact as I can, and rip them to ISO files. (I want the FBI warnings, DVD menus, etc). I started to do this with the old DVD Decrypter, which worked fine for the Futurama DVDs I had. However, it's not working with some of the "newer" DVDs, such as my X-Men Animated Series set.

Does anyone have a better program for this, and maybe one that does Blurays too? I don't really care about the bluray thing now, as I don't have the storage space for it. But I figured to future proof myself.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

LmaoTheKid posted:

Watch folders that go to separate directories.

Hmmm... I have a Synology NAS and I use a Chrome plugin that lets me just right-click a torrent and do download. Super wife friendly. The problem is, it will go to the default location with a single click OR you can browse, and the browsing is awkward.

Keito posted:

I watch some anime and SickRage has been handling that very well lately thanks to the mapping efforts of the good guys over on XEM. Sonarr hooks into their API as well so it should be working, but then again these groups don't just have dumb naming schemes but also can't agree on numbering in several cases.

Windows supports hard links too. You can have more than one link to the same file on modern file systems.

I'm not familiar with SickRage / Sonarr, so I'll have to look into that. This is on a NAS, but I'm sure I could do junctions/hard links somehow. But that seems like a huge pain to do by hand and I can't think of any way to automate.

wolfbiker posted:

Strangely enough, I don't run into RARed files these days. Been years since I've dealt with that.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

TomR posted:

I just updated to Kodi 16.0 – Jarvis and I have an exciting new problem. When I turn my TV off and on again with Kodi running it makes the UI huge so I can't see anything but the upper left corner. I switched from fullscreen to fullscreen window and that didn't help. If I exit Kodi and start it again it works fine. I have my computer plugged into a surround receiver and then into the TV if that matters. I was doing some reading and I guess the new version supports UI scaling or something to that effect for use on Android devices with crazy high res screens but I can't find any settings to turn that off, if it's the problem. Is there an IRC channel for Kodi or anything?

I had that problem a lot on Windows. It detects that the display has disconnected and goes to a default low resolution. Then you reconnect, it resizes back to your TV resolution, and sometimes Kodi doesn't go with it properly. You can push the \ key on your keyboard to go into windowed mode, and then again to go back to fullscreen, and that fixed it for me pretty much every time. I switched my HTPC to Linux about two weeks ago and haven't had the problem since.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
This.

When windows loses the HDMI signal it reverts to a default 720p standard. I connected to my pc using tea! Viewer on my tablet while the TV was off. I then changed it to 1080p.using display settings. Now when I turn my TV off windows stays on 1080p.

Bigsteve fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 27, 2016

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
The computer doesn't change resolutions on me, Kodi is going crazy with UI scaling. It only started when I updated to version 16. I've updated a few versions on that PC and this is the first time I had any problems. I can play a movie and stop it, alt-enter twice or restart Kodi and that fixes the problem. For now I just set the inactivity timer to exit Kodi after 20 min. I use the computer for other stuff on the TV too so that's fine for now. I can remote start Kodi with my remote anyway.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
It changes resolutions when you turn your TV off. If you have a separate sound source you will hear the sound effect for a USB being disconnected. Kodi has been set to scale the ui for 4k TV so it's getting confused.
https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/37m0kr/question_how_can_i_stop_kodi_from_scaling_wrong/

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I just did a test. If I am at the main menu using the default skin and I turn my TV off and on again the UI zooms in. If I don't fix it and turn the TV off and on again it zooms in more. I did it 3 times and the little weather info thing in the corner ended up filling the whole screen because it zooms in more and more each time. I went to the system info screen and it was reading 1920x1080, and it still zooms in on that screen, still says 1920x1080. But, if I go to the system info > video screen and turn the TV off and on again it doesn't zoom in. Very strange.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

TomR posted:

I just did a test. If I am at the main menu using the default skin and I turn my TV off and on again the UI zooms in. If I don't fix it and turn the TV off and on again it zooms in more. I did it 3 times and the little weather info thing in the corner ended up filling the whole screen because it zooms in more and more each time. I went to the system info screen and it was reading 1920x1080, and it still zooms in on that screen, still says 1920x1080. But, if I go to the system info > video screen and turn the TV off and on again it doesn't zoom in. Very strange.

You may have an HDMI handshake problem with the EDID. Now that Kodi 16 supports UI scaling you're seeing it. I don't know of a way to turn the latter off but in any case I strongly suspect it's a problem somewhere else that earlier versions didn't trigger rather than a new bug in Kodi. Have you tried the Kodi forums?

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I looked at the Kodi forums. I was reading about how to turn on debugging logs and crap but I haven't got around to it. It's not a real pressing problem but I'd like to fix it eventually. I was hoping if I wait a bit someone else will have the same problem and find a fix. :v:

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Aww poo poo I copied the 6.0.2 updates files to my RPi2, rebooted, and now it doesn't get past the coloured screen that usually first comes up at boot.

I was running whatever the latest 5.x before. How hosed am I? I guess I need to :pt: my SD card?

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Since a bunch of people seem to have one ITT, how well does the Shield TV (or is there a more powerful Android box out there?) run Dolphin? And is there a Steam streaming -> Android solution yet?

Considering reshuffling some components around essentially moving my HTPC into a NAS role, but I still need some kind of box to run Kodi + emulators, and ideally Steam stream.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

The Milkman posted:

Since a bunch of people seem to have one ITT, how well does the Shield TV (or is there a more powerful Android box out there?) run Dolphin? And is there a Steam streaming -> Android solution yet?

Considering reshuffling some components around essentially moving my HTPC into a NAS role, but I still need some kind of box to run Kodi + emulators, and ideally Steam stream.

Don't know about Dolphin, but if you have an Nvidia video card, you can stream using Nvidia Gamestream or Moonlight. Both work great.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Anyone with kodi jarvis having a problem with the skin losing their settings, specifically on a nexus player? I wonder if its cause I'm using an old non-supported skin or some other bug.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

r0ck0 posted:

Anyone with kodi jarvis having a problem with the skin losing their settings, specifically on a nexus player? I wonder if its cause I'm using an old non-supported skin or some other bug.

I've had this problem with Titan on both a PC and a Shield.

Just last night I completely wiped/reinstalled Kodi and my appdata directory because it kept happening.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Lowen SoDium posted:

Don't know about Dolphin, but if you have an Nvidia video card, you can stream using Nvidia Gamestream or Moonlight. Both work great.

Yeah, I knew about that. I don't buy nvidia cards though.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

I've had this problem with Titan on both a PC and a Shield.

Just last night I completely wiped/reinstalled Kodi and my appdata directory because it kept happening.

I've had this issue with Titan on my FireTV as well. Did your wipe fix the issue or is it too soon to tell?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

redhalo posted:

I've had this issue with Titan on my FireTV as well. Did your wipe fix the issue or is it too soon to tell?

Too soon to tell.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I've played with the Dolphin emulator and didn't have great success. Out of the five or six games I tried half didn't load at all, and the other half had issues (like Luigi's head entirely missing in Luigi's Mansion). I delved into the forums for the app for a bit, but didn't feel like trying to find magic combo of settings/version to make stuff work.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

So to get x265 decoding from my new 950 is there anything special I need to do with Kodi?

I really don't want to mess with the madvr player or whatever it's called.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

The Milkman posted:

Yeah, I knew about that. I don't buy nvidia cards though.

You can do it with Steam's In-Home Streaming too, which doesn't require Nvidia to work.

Edit: poo poo, I missed your previous post. Sorry. I've heard great things about running Dolphin on Shield TV, for what it's worth.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Not sure if related but I did an app update for google play games and then launced kodi and my skin had reset again. I wonder if it has anything to do with unrelated app updates from the google play store?

I used the kodi backup add-on to make a backup and I will try restoring it the next it happens, but I think it would be faster to just manually redo the changes.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

r0ck0 posted:

Not sure if related but I did an app update for google play games and then launced kodi and my skin had reset again. I wonder if it has anything to do with unrelated app updates from the google play store?

I used the kodi backup add-on to make a backup and I will try restoring it the next it happens, but I think it would be faster to just manually redo the changes.

I have the problem on a PC as well.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Thermopyle posted:

I have the problem on a PC as well.

Any other reports of this issue elsewhere? I haven't been able to find anything that matches.

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

r0ck0 posted:

I just switched to using a Shield TV (loving it so far, after using Kodi on HTPCs for many years) and started it off with Jarvis. I use the Amber skin and it lost settings a couple times, but then I tried again and actually quit Kodi instead of just switching to the homescreen and it seems to be keeping my skin settings, after about 4-5 days.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
I've been using jarvis since it was released, upgraded from 15.2, and its worked fine up until last week it started losing settings every few days. I think it was some kodi auto update add-on.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

LmaoTheKid posted:

So to get x265 decoding from my new 950 is there anything special I need to do with Kodi?

I really don't want to mess with the madvr player or whatever it's called.

Should just work. The 950 has hevc decoding built in. I have some hevc stuff on my shield and it plays great. PC kodi supports hardware decoding in windows I believe.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Bigsteve posted:

Should just work. The 950 has hevc decoding built in. I have some hevc stuff on my shield and it plays great. PC kodi supports hardware decoding in windows I believe.

Thanks and yeah it worked flawlessly. Rips that would freeze on my 760 are working flawlessly on the 950.

Video James' looking great on it at 1080 too.

I also have to say x265 looks pretty drat near perfect. I'm by no means able to talk about encoding tech and I know its main advantage is file size but holy crap there was no motion stutters or banding going on which I do notice on x264 sometimes.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Cross posting from the Kodi forums:

For some reason using the "clean library" command isn't removing items from the library that I've deleted from the disk. I've uploaded the log file here:

http://xbmclogs.com/pogeiiflg

It's around line 3000 that I cleaned the library:

code:
08:34:46 T:1386395952   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos99.db] The database disk image is malformed
                                            Query: DELETE FROM actor WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM actor_link WHERE actor_link.actor_id = actor.actor_id) AND NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM director_link WHERE director_link.actor_id = actor.actor_id) AND NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM writer_link WHERE writer_link.actor_id = actor.actor_id)
08:34:46 T:1386395952   ERROR: void CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase(CGUIDialogProgressBarHandle*, const std::set<int>&, bool) failed
"disk image is malformed" certainly doesn't sound good. Any advice?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Delete the DB and recreate it. Disk image is malformed can indicate a problem with the storage drive or just the DB is corrupted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Any idea why audio with Kodi stopped working? I had a 5750 with lovely fan, replaced it with 6970 which has a good fan. I'm using hdmi for audio & video. Reinstalled the same legacy drivers, Spotify and all that works as before, but Kodi has no sound. DTS 5.1 audio tracks are silent while random 2.0 commentary tracks work. Is 6970 somehow a shittier card audio wise or why otherwise the same setup stopped working?

Edit: changed audio output settings to fixed instead of optimized. No idea what it does really, but sound works so that's enough for me!

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 13, 2016