Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We're never getting China due to lag issues right? Truthfully I'd be fine with a reverse of the current map say going from India to the Pacific and loping over Europe for performance reasons. China alone would offer a ton of net mechanic potentials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Darkrenown posted:

It's probably due to lieges on the defender side dying, has been annoying the poo poo out of me recently too.

People with weird Indian crusades: Is your game picking India over Europe/Middle east or is it all Catholic? It's 1396 in the screenshot, so who know's what the world looks like.

It's picking India over the Middle East, in my game the Abbasid blob was huge and stable for the entire game. 3 Crusades for Jerusalem and 3 for Indian kingdoms despite Jerusalem, Anatolia, Egypt, Africa et.c. being under Sunni Abbasid rule during the Indian crusades.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I can't be the only one to want Paradox to not expand the already large map any more, can I? I just want more exciting poo poo to happen in the existing areas. More DLC like Way of Life, Conclave, SoA.

I wish there was more "event-lines" like the WoL observatory quest, especially the mystic side. There are choices to make and risks to take. It's my favorite :v:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I don't think we'll expand the map anymore.

And yeah, the lover-concubine thing seems like a bug.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Darkrenown posted:

And yeah, the lover-concubine thing seems like a bug.

Could we get separate notifiers for settling and pillaging as a horde?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
A buddy of mine and myself have been playing an Ironman Save and trading off via email when a ruler dies. Is the game smart enough to realize that different computers are being used (and thus disabling achievements) or is it not aware of those kind of shinanagins? I don't care either way, I just like Ironman since otherwise I am weak and am tempted to use the console :/

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Small beta update:

quote:

- Deactivated event telemetry in final version
- The Rise of the Shi'a Caliphate event should now be able to fire again.
- Characters with positive relations with their liege will not start overthrow factions
- Fixed an issue with granting a title to an unlanded courtier of a vassal
- Fixed an issue with some wars being invalidated when they shouldn't
- Can no longer form alliances with characters you're at war with

E: Haha beat the dev.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 2, 2016

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
^^^ :argh:

Chickpea Roar posted:

Could we get separate notifiers for settling and pillaging as a horde?

It's on my list of annoying stuff, no idea when there'll be time to change it though.

Beta patch updated today, most interesting changes are that granting a title to a vassal's courtier no longer makes them their vassal, and the inconclusive ends to many wars when anyone died should be gone.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 3, 2016

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Woo.

The notification spam when you dip under the 5% infamy level and coalitions dissolve is a little annoying too. Without checking in depth, my guess is that it's giving you a notification when the current coalition leader leaves it, saying that the coalition has dissolved, but in fact, it just puts another member in charge...which then gives you yet another notification when they leave, and so on and so forth.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

A buddy of mine and myself have been playing an Ironman Save and trading off via email when a ruler dies. Is the game smart enough to realize that different computers are being used (and thus disabling achievements) or is it not aware of those kind of shinanagins? I don't care either way, I just like Ironman since otherwise I am weak and am tempted to use the console :/

Why would it disable achievements in that situation?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
You know what would be a really nice quality-of-life improvement? Being able to save character search variables and reload them with a click. I use the character finder constantly but it's pretty consistently for one of about four purposes, and having to jigger the separate variables every time I use it for a different thing gets so very tedious.

Am I the only one?

Failing that, just making the defaults more sensible would be nice. Maybe I'm weird but 95% of my searches are My Religion Group (default is Any Religion which I never use ever), 90% are for Child=No (default is Any) and 90% are for Ruler=No (default is Any). So. Much. Clicking.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 2, 2016

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah that would be really nice.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Eric the Mauve posted:

You know what would be a really nice quality-of-life improvement? Being able to save character search variables and reload them with a click. I use the character finder constantly but it's pretty consistently for one of about four purposes, and having to jigger the separate variables every time I use it for a different thing gets so very tedious.

Am I the only one?

I would be cool but what I really dream of is to be able to filter "would come to my court if invited?" (yes, no, if bribed).

Or at least an icon (green if yes, yellow if with bribe) on the list so we dont have to open the diplomacy menu to each one and hover the "yes" button to see if there's a chance

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 2, 2016

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Darkrenown posted:

Let me restore the empire of Songsten Gampo goddammit.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Darkrenown posted:

B-b-buh...but africans! And my dream to one day conquer Japan with a seafaring Icelandic start. :qqsay:

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Strudel Man posted:

Woo.

The notification spam when you dip under the 5% infamy level and coalitions dissolve is a little annoying too. Without checking in depth, my guess is that it's giving you a notification when the current coalition leader leaves it, saying that the coalition has dissolved, but in fact, it just puts another member in charge...which then gives you yet another notification when they leave, and so on and so forth.

Why would it disable achievements in that situation?

I didn't get one when I formed the Empire of Brittania (unified Ireland/Scotland/England/Wales) which is what got me thinking about it.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Eric the Mauve posted:

Am I the only one?

Failing that, just making the defaults more sensible would be nice. Maybe I'm weird but 95% of my searches are My Religion Group (default is Any Religion which I never use ever), 90% are for Child=No (default is Any) and 90% are for Ruler=No (default is Any). So. Much. Clicking.

I only ever use the character finder to find "clean" courtiers to hand titles out to (male, adult, my religion, my culture, not a ruler, not of a great house, not in prison), or to look up who the world's greatest [diplomat/general/administrator/spymaster/theologian] is (all defaults). And even with only those two options it is pretty tedious.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darkrenown posted:

Yeah, I can understand why with the current map size. I just wish someone would eventually do like a China Warring States to say the Mongol period game...well that or a mod. It just seems like a ripe period and unlike Sengoku isn't coming before the systems and mechanics are in place. But I'm biased as I did a history focus in college on the area.

Zero One posted:

Small beta update:

- Fixed an issue with some wars being invalidated when they shouldn't

E: Haha beat the dev.

Thank you! God that was annoying.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I would like to be able to search by trait as well

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

webmeister posted:

Okay, so where am I going wrong here? I'm slowly getting into this game as a complete newbie, and I'm following along with CapnAndy's tutorial Ireland LP. Obviously a lot of stuff has changed since he started, but I can generally get the gist of stuff. I started a new game in 1066 Ireland as the petty king of Munster, and declared war on Deasmhumhain (Desmond) to bring it within my duchy like CapnAndy did. I smashed his troops in a couple of battles, sieged out the first two holdings and with the warscore at 100% I claimed the victory.

Now the next step he took was booting out Earl Muiredach via a Plot to revoke the county of Desmond, but when I try and do that the option is greyed out (see screenshot below). I satisfy the requirements, but for some reason I'm not able to claim it. Any ideas?

I'm on the most recent version but I haven't bought any expansions after Republics.

If anyone's wondering (no), I eventually managed to figure this out. The problem was that because I'd declared war to push my de jure claim on the county, my victory meant that I had a 10-year truce with the count so I couldn't revoke his title. The part that was confusing me was that on the count's diplomacy screen, it didn't mention any truces (it only showed them on my diplomacy window. Once the 10 year truce elapsed (during which time I revoked my other vassal's county and beat him into the dust), I could revoke the original vassal's title and bring all 3 counties into my demense.

Next up on the chopping block: Leinster :getin:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

I would like to be able to search by trait as well

You can! Type in "genius" or whatever into the character finder

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I didn't get one when I formed the Empire of Brittania (unified Ireland/Scotland/England/Wales) which is what got me thinking about it.
Unifying the kingdoms requires you to hold all four king titles, not be the emperor of Britannia.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

You can also search by dynasty this way, so if you have a huge dynasty and are looking for a dynasty member to give some land to it's very handy!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Looking through the event code, I'm confused by something. Do the Hashashin automatically start getting destroyed in 1200, or is it only if they have no holdings left? I'm not sure why they'd have the year in there if it's not an event triggered automatically by the date. This is the first one, that has a year 1200 in the code.

code:
# The Assassins scatter!
narrative_event = {
	id = 88002
	title = "EVTNAME88002"
	desc = "EVTDESC88002"
	major = yes

picture = "GFX_evt_shadow"

trigger = {
		has_landed_title = d_hashshashin
		has_global_flag = assassins_founded
		NOT = { year = 1200 }
		NOT = { demesne_size = 1 }
		NOT = {
			has_global_flag = assassins_destroyed
			has_global_flag = assassins_scatter
		}
	}
That's followed by an "Assassins are destroyed," and then later by an "Assassins resurfaced." They aren't going to just disappear on me are they?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I think 1200 is the start of when they're able to be destroyed.

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Start_date

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

After all these years I still am nowhere close to clear on what the Hashashin do, besides generating periodic vaguely menacing-sounding popups.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
IMO if you vassalize them you should get the old assassinate button back.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Volkerball posted:

Looking through the event code, I'm confused by something. Do the Hashashin automatically start getting destroyed in 1200, or is it only if they have no holdings left? I'm not sure why they'd have the year in there if it's not an event triggered automatically by the date. This is the first one, that has a year 1200 in the code.

That event requires BOTH that the year be after 1200 and that the Assassins have no holdings left (that's the demesne_size condition) so as long as you protect them they should be fine!

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Main Paineframe posted:

674 hours on Steam and I never knew that. This loving game.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

ThomasPaine posted:

674 hours on Steam and I never knew that. This loving game.

I can't even remember what life was like before I figured out that you could do that. My go-to empire management strategy these days is to have a Content Imbecile Vassal King and transfer the vassalage of anyone who annoys me under him as a punishment and I can't imagine that working if I actually had to scroll through every character in the country looking for that.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eric the Mauve posted:

After all these years I still am nowhere close to clear on what the Hashashin do, besides generating periodic vaguely menacing-sounding popups.

Act as the Shia holy order. :ssh:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dallan Invictus posted:

That event requires BOTH that the year be after 1200 and that the Assassins have no holdings left (that's the demesne_size condition) so as long as you protect them they should be fine!

That's what I assumed but I'm dumb at game files. Thanks.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

goddamn that was a bitch.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR
Wow what is the Silk route value? (The more you build it up the more "money" is in the trade route)

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Volkerball posted:

goddamn that was a bitch.

how do you only have 500 gold, what the gently caress

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

cock hero flux posted:

Spent it all on trade posts duh!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Groogy posted:

Wow what is the Silk route value? (The more you build it up the more "money" is in the trade route)

Right now about 5.5k. Eventually I'll have 22 level 1 silk road markets, of which 13 will have a level 2, of which 5 will have a level 3, and that's just from the plan I had before I started the playthrough. There's still infinite room to grow if I want to, and I came up with a few ideas tonight that I'm really interested in seeing. I've only built up about 8 posts right now, and I only have 47 posts total, so I'm just scratching the surface. I expect I'll clear 10k pretty quick. Personal best is around 6k with almost 70 posts iirc, so this run is going to get silly.

cock hero flux posted:

I have thousands upon thousands upon thousands of gold worth of poo poo that needs done. It's getting done really fast though. I dropped 1100 on a level 3 silk road city, then bought the last of my landlocked trade posts while I was saving up for an 1100 gold University 2 in my capital city, then bought that. That whole process only took a few minutes.

Finances as of now.

Family dues suuuuuuck.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
2.5.2 is now live, same as the last beta, but if you want the patch notes again:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-ii-2-5-2-patch-not-for-problem-reports-checksum-yzaz.911704/

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Oh, a new patch. Let's see...

- If you manage to seduce your spouse it will no longer be considered a scandalous act of incest
- Event 64080 shall no longer cause men to impregnate themselves
- Committing suicide now gives you a strong negative general opinion modifier
- Imbecile characters use childish insults
- Buy favor can no longer be used on children

Crusader Kings II: Imbecile Characters Use Childish Insults

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Games > Crusader Kings II: Seducing your spouse will no longer be considered a scandalous act of incest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Dallan Invictus posted:

Since it's NOT = { year = 1200 }, it looks like it actually requires that it be before 1200.

• Locked thread