Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Fixed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
How much loving bandwidth have they made their backers use on these miniscule changes

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Saw some of you talking about gameplay but that was really confusing, because this game doesn't and will not exist :psyduck:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tortolia posted:

How much loving bandwidth have they made their backers use on these miniscule changes

This is the 9th release of 2.2.0

What are the patches now? ~20GB? If so, that's an amazing 180GB so far.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Justin Tyme posted:

Saw some of you talking about gameplay but that was really confusing, because this game doesn't and will not exist :psyduck:

I'm sorry that you are currently unimpressed with fidelmersionity displayed in the current pre-pre-pre-alpha, commando.
We expect to fulfil all of your dreams with our next 30GB update that will be released in ~two weeks~

- CIG CustServBot

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Okay, so my starfish presentation is over and I managed to sneak a grand total of four PAARPs in before one of the students asked what the hell I was doing.

I feel like that's a pretty good job, but I wish I'd said PAARP more.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
MMOsite.com: Star Citizen should serve as example to follow...

quote:

"If you would like to try a game that could keep you busy for years to come, and don't want to waste more money on failing P2W attempts then I strongly advise you to consider investing in Star Citizen as it will surely bring you some pleasant surprises."

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Star Citizen Serious lol Thread posted:

-Don't use the thread to buy, sell, or trade ships.
-Don't helldump or tell people they're being scammed.
-Don't post anything from the official RSI forums or the Star Citizen Base forums. Just don't even bring them up here EXCEPT if they're developer comments, which are okay to post.
-Don't accuse people of being a J4G, or suggest they introduce themselves in GBS.
-Don't derail the thread with petty drama or infighting.

No wonder that thread wasn't any fun

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tortolia posted:

The backers bandwidth isn't what's staggering.
Backers are quite likely all on flat rate.

Their hosting, however, most certainly isn't, and they're shipping out 20-30 GB per patch per downloader.

Look up S3 traffic prices and do some math, it's scary poo poo.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

no mention that it's in alpha or whatever the gently caress development stage its in whatsoever

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

alf_pogs posted:

no mention that it's in alpha or whatever the gently caress development stage its in whatsoever

It'll be McArthur all over again

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

- Fixed an issue where the mobiGlas wrist piece was not lined up properly on the medium Outlaw loadout in Crusader.

Good thing they aren't wasting time fixing the tutorial so they can focus on the important poo poo. And this load of nothing is late by more than a month. :laugh:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

EightAce posted:

Short of saying who I am and what my involvement is I cannot verify myself to people's satisfaction.
This is far to risky as it is and the relevant people have a contact point for me for more info as this unravels.
Fair thee well commandos .....

Stay safe developer ghost.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Wafflz posted:

Star Citizen Serious lol Thread posted:

-Don't post anything from the official RSI forums or the Star Citizen Base forums. Just don't even bring them up here EXCEPT if they're developer comments, which are okay to post.

No wonder that thread wasn't any fun

That's like a tailored anti-Mirificus rule.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:stwoon:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Doesn't this describe Star Citizen just as well?

quote:

If you look at current MMORPGs and online space simulators (EVE), most of them come along with irritating limitations, lack of roles, insufficient content and the ridiculously silly gender- and race-locked attitude.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

This is like Yahoo Answers level writing

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

Good thing they aren't wasting time fixing the tutorial so they can focus on the important poo poo. And this load of nothing is late by more than a month. :laugh:

Post that for Ben to reply to , I love it when he pretends to know anything about development

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

pretty great comment on that article. can't tell if it's irony or not:

Sickoftiall89 posted:

Joke ? Maybe you should try it yourself to see how big "joke" it is , or maybe you can't even run it.Star Citizen is a true PC game that can't be run on old gen consoles.And then it is not even out yet , still no Dx12 support , partial VR integration and whats available now is just a tiny portion of what it will be.Without publishers and without deadlines they are progressing slowly but impressive.Tell me another game like this that has so much detail and such a grand design ? There isn't one.Star Citizen is the biggest game project ever concieved.When it is finished 2-3 years i hope you will see that its the True next gen game , unlike anything till now.Not a single game i've seen or played can be truely named Next gen.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Mirificus posted:

Doesn't this describe Star Citizen just as well?
Hey now let's not harsh the guy's ecstasia... He's found the MMO that's not pay to win and will provide him years of exciting experiences!

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Between the Windows store launching, the coleco chameleon being debunked as a capture card in a jaguar shell, and star citizens being defeated by doors, gaming is comedy today.

Read up on the windows store thing, if you thought uplay was bad...hoo-boy. The chameleon thing is like star citizen the hardware.

paarp

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

pretty great comment on that article. can't tell if it's irony or not:

I wonder if he is aware that for it to be next Gen it would have to actually be out NOW

if it releases in 2 years it will be last Gen

just because a game melts your cpu doesn't mean it's super great , it probably means it's a pile of poorly finished code ....

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Lime Tonics posted:

Read up on the windows store thing, if you thought uplay was bad...hoo-boy

what's a good place to start ? do i even have time in my life for two game-related debacles?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

alf_pogs posted:

what's a good place to start ? do i even have time in my life for two game-related debacles?

No SLI or CrossFire
VSync is Always On
GSYNC issues
Third Party Peripheral issues
Always Borderless Fullscreen Mode
No Modding
No Overlays

From the xbox thread.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I looked for hot pvp action, I found hot pvp action

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

Please post video

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Please post video

On it
When I enter the abandoned station at the end my perception of what a game can be changed.
I am serious when I say, I was very very impressed.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Tortolia posted:

This is like Yahoo Answers level writing

I'm sure they would fit right in at the INN.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mirificus posted:

I'm sure they would fit right in at the INN.

Nah they get triple digit hits

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I made a remix

Goddamn why do I make music for the thread

For the lulz my friend, for the lulz! Delightfully demented, well parped, 5 dancey cats :pgabz:

Also thank you all for the ridiculous amount of downloaded :yarg:, beats the hell out of my normal rubbish.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:rolleyes::fh:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Was it consensual though?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

no_recall posted:

Was it consensual though?

Not on my part, no

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

ewe2 posted:

For the lulz my friend, for the lulz! Delightfully demented, well parped, 5 dancey cats :pgabz:

Also thank you all for the ridiculous amount of downloaded :yarg:, beats the hell out of my normal rubbish.

I started listening to this while also watching Yello's OH YEAH and I'm living in a fever dream (a good one)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

Not on my part, no

Stop posting and get editing. :whip:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MeLKoR posted:

Stop posting and get editing. :whip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkyV42W1R9k

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Well, now I have to somehow deal with the knowledge that William Shatner did a talkie version of Common People.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Welp I'm spent. I feel so common :pgabz:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

You've out done yourself commando

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

tooterfish posted:

Well, now I have to somehow deal with the knowledge that William Shatner did a talkie version of Common People.

Embrace it my friend

• Locked thread