Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think that's just a re-post. They do that every once in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

No, it's a chrome black variant.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

therealjon_ posted:

No, it's a chrome black variant.

Didnt even know that. Seems they are giving it the ol Iron Man x infinity treatment. Where is the GOLD version1?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
How's the quality on the S.H. Monsterarts Godzillas? Any chance they'll ever do a Hedorah?

Probably a stupid question, but is it really worth the extra $50 vs a $20 NECA version?

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 3, 2016

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How's the quality on the S.H. Monsterarts Godzillas? Any chance they'll ever do a Hedorah?

Probably a stupid question, but is it really worth the extra $50 vs a $20 NECA version?

My S.H. Space Godzilla looks rad as gently caress but the pieces, especially the tail, fall off if you look at them funny and really a lot of the articulation is kinda pointless. My Neca 1985 doesn't fall apart and while there isn't a lot of detail in the paint apps it looks pretty drat sweet. Just watch out for derpy eyes on those.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I have the NECA and Monsterarts Burning Godzillas next to each other on my shelf. I think the NECA one looks marginally better, though it is more rubbery.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The only thing Monsterarts has over the NECA Godzillas is they can make other monsters. I guess if you really need a Millennium Goji NECA hasn't made one yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even though they haven't announced a figure yet, Hot Toys made one of their full sized scale statues of Wonder Woman for a show in Hong Kong so that's probably coming soon.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I thought maybe the bat armor was specially made for Superman and the ensuing battle he knew he would have trying to take down the MOST POWERFUL BEING ON THE PLANET, but with all the dings and scratches and whatnot, I'm guessing Batman just needed a battlesuit for some random reason and has used it enough in the past to get it hosed up looking.

I hate to admit it, but I really like the black chrome version though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jin Cheol Hong, a major painter at Hot Toys, posted this today and I think it's from the 1/6 scale.

E: The black chrome version is actually affordable too - only $249. I was thinking it'd be around $300+ mark.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 4, 2016

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Real Doll technology is getting OUT OF CONTROL

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That has to be the 1:1 statue, the 1:6 will just have painted eyelashes.

Plus the size of the bubbles in the wrap there.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Aphrodite posted:

That has to be the 1:1 statue, the 1:6 will just have painted eyelashes.

Plus the size of the bubbles in the wrap there.

1/6 scale bubble wrap.

But youre right.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That's creepy as gently caress

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Can that giant Neca queen alien stand by itself?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The 1:1's are probably just for shows, like they've done (sadly) with the TIE fighter and Millennium Falcon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well they do have a 1:1 Batman for sale, but I don't think they plan on making the others available.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

If it's standing almost straight up, yes. Otherwise, no you need the stand.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

boom boom boom posted:

No.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Heads up for anyone getting Ant-Man. Hot Toys screwed up and some of them have no magnets in the face plate, so you can't attach it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Those AvP Aliens are amazing. I got Grid and he owns. So much articulation.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Heads up for anyone getting Ant-Man. Hot Toys screwed up and some of them have no magnets in the face plate, so you can't attach it.

Considering they have had issues for years with the magnets in the Iron Man masks coming unglued and rendering them the same way, you think they'd have this poo poo fixed by now.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I've already got the only Hot Toys Ant-Man piece I'll ever need.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

New Star Wars Lego sets should be hitting stores - picked up Solo going into carbonite from ROTJ and the crashed escape pod from ANH up in :canada:

Saw the boxes being readied for more too. The big ones in this are the main ship from SW Rebels and regular X-Wings from TFA (grey/blue scheme).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Rage posted:

Considering they have had issues for years with the magnets in the Iron Man masks coming unglued and rendering them the same way, you think they'd have this poo poo fixed by now.

I saw some people mention using the magnets from a spare Iron Man faceplate for Ant-Man.

I just used some poster tack.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, 4 months later and everything but BBTS finally fullfilled my preorder.

That Red Hood statue is awesome but I wasn't expecting it to be this big.

Anyways, now I can definitely vouch for BBTS as being a reliable company to shop from.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sanschel posted:

I've already got the only Hot Toys Ant-Man piece I'll ever need.

Can I just buy tiny Ant-Men to hide around my home? That would be great.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Whelp, bought Sideshow prequel droids from a goon and one of the arms was so stiff it broke right off haha.

Any suggestions for some glue for hard plastics?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Vintersorg posted:

Whelp, bought Sideshow prequel droids from a goon and one of the arms was so stiff it broke right off haha.

Epoxy, preferably after you pin the pieces together. Anything else will inevitably fail.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

It's from the prequels. What do you expect. :v:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Red posted:

Can I just buy tiny Ant-Men to hide around my home? That would be great.

If those Ant-Man/Yellowjacket minifigs came as a separate thing, I'd buy half a dozen just for that.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Checked a half dozen Targets/Walmarts/TRUs in the Phoenix area for Spider-Gwen and struck out, but I did see the new ML Captain America/Red Onslaught wave (passed on it), and grabbed the new NECA Ultimate T2 T-1000 and Pacific Rim Striker Eureka figures.

Striker Eureka is a pretty big upgrade over the prior figure, with a lot more sculpted detail, better-implemented arm blades, very improved arm articulation, and drastically better paint apps. It kinda makes me wonder why they didn't do it this well the first time around, but I know the inevitable answer: so suckers like me would double-dip and buy the same figure twice. :saddowns:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The first two Pacific Rim waves were made with a lot of corners cut because it was supposed to be a wide retail release. So they had to keep the costs down, a lot more than usual. Walmart backed out at the last minute.

Of course that didn't stop them from milking that first Gipsy in rereleases, this is NECA after all.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming

therealjon_ posted:

The first two Pacific Rim waves were made with a lot of corners cut because it was supposed to be a wide retail release. So they had to keep the costs down, a lot more than usual. Walmart backed out at the last minute.

Of course that didn't stop them from milking that first Gipsy in rereleases, this is NECA after all.

I bought the Striker Eureka from that first wave and have to have it leaned up against my wall because it refuses to stand up for very long. I'll think I have it set up right and then in the middle of the night I'll hear it fall down taking a few other figures with it. That kept me from buying the rest of the line even though I loving loved the movie and all the designs of the Jaegers.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

Listen, I could have just kept it in Michigan and hit it with a hammer and would have charged you less! Thanks for grabbing it from me though. I was able to buy the Diamond Select Nightmare Before Christmas coffin duo and they are awesome.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The second droid was perfectly fine tho haha :)

I need to see why this ones left arm doesnt rotate what so ever. May contact Sideshow about it.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I have no willpower whatsoever.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

you need to buy a mannequin or something to put all this poo poo on

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

gregday posted:

I have no willpower whatsoever.

it's not even screen-accurate. The hooks are wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

Screen accurate hooks are just some harpoon tips. Working on those now.