Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Of course it's a Time Keeper episode! Yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I was just thinking, it's about time.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MMmm

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man, be sure to listen all the way past the end credits on today's episode :)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GobiasIndustries posted:

Oh man, be sure to listen all the way past the end credits on today's episode :)

I really want to know where this is going with J.W. Guessing they will build it up during the tour.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

Shucks. I tried to finish listening to it on my commute home, but unfortunately, I ran out of...time.

IM RUNNIN MY BUTT

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013
I thought they spread the "clock people" thing a little too thin for this, but I'll always love the very timekeeper himself. He even mentioned his starfield-lining cloak! But still I'd have rather heard timekeeper with that cb radio vigilante (which would just be an hour of Florida jokes) than force it with a hit or miss time-themed ensemble.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I think they could have chopped off about half of the guest list, but I don't have anyone specific in mind that I disliked/especially liked (except Betsy Sodaro, who should stay). They were all fine, but there wasn't enough time to revel in any one person's weirdness before they had to move on to another guest. It was a lot like the Dalton Wilcox episode of the ADPPP, which was good with 2 additional weird poets and PFT. I am not excited to hear about more canon developments with Timekeeper and PFT's character. Isn't that part of why he stopped wanting to do the Pod F Tompkast?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

UP AND ADAM posted:

I am not excited to hear about more canon developments with Timekeeper and PFT's character. Isn't that part of why he stopped wanting to do the Pod F Tompkast?

I think Scott really loves doing that kind of bigger storyline thing (like that whole good vs evil golly thing they did) but yeah I'm not really into it

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

I think Scott really loves doing that kind of bigger storyline thing (like that whole good vs evil golly thing they did) but yeah I'm not really into it

I did enjoy it, but I'm ok if they don't keep doing it. The Wompler stuff is really the only ongoing character stuff that I'm a bit burned out on.

I really loved Betsy Sodaro though, she was great this episode, I wish they had focused more on her during the episode.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I think it'd be funny if time keeper was just a regular style weirdo who was into like, premier league soccer now or something.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I just wanna suck some tock.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ElCondemn posted:

I did enjoy it, but I'm ok if they don't keep doing it. The Wompler stuff is really the only ongoing character stuff that I'm a bit burned out on.

I really loved Betsy Sodaro though, she was great this episode, I wish they had focused more on her during the episode.

I have to say that I just recently realized that the Wompler podcast might be my current favorite. Maybe it's the energy. I suppose I really need to check out Playing House but it isn't that easy without cable.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

UP AND ADAM posted:

I think they could have chopped off about half of the guest list, but I don't have anyone specific in mind that I disliked/especially liked (except Betsy Sodaro, who should stay). They were all fine, but there wasn't enough time to revel in any one person's weirdness before they had to move on to another guest. It was a lot like the Dalton Wilcox episode of the ADPPP, which was good with 2 additional weird poets and PFT. I am not excited to hear about more canon developments with Timekeeper and PFT's character. Isn't that part of why he stopped wanting to do the Pod F Tompkast?

i think he stopped doing it because it took tons of effort

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I'm guessing that all the good vs. evil mythology stuff is mostly down to Scott and a bunch of the regulars loving comic books, so naturally gravitating towards fleshing out a universe in that way. Would annoy me if it was very episode, but do love it when one comes along.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

GraPar posted:

very episode

Nice timekeeper impression.

Yeah idk guys this episode kinda took away from the best new character on cbb.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I loved this episode.

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
It was corny as hell but the one woman being consistently out of sync with the rest of the group killed me every time.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
She was on Mountain Time!

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

turtleface posted:

It was corny as hell but the one woman being consistently out of sync with the rest of the group killed me every time.

That's Betsy Sodaro, she's a gem. She's great on i4h and has done a couple High and Mighty eps.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

ElCondemn posted:

That's Betsy Sodaro, she's a gem. She's great on i4h and has done a couple High and Mighty eps.

She was awesome on the The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0PaOLuojOk

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Listeners of comedy bang bang would perhaps best know her for her recurring fan favorite character, the dirty filthy disgusting gypsy.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Did anyone else think Kalpakis was trying to be Bruce Springstein with his New Jersey accent?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Listeners of comedy bang bang would perhaps best know her for her recurring fan favorite character, the dirty filthy disgusting gypsy.

I'll always remember her as the woman with the "huge pussy flaps" that threw Tim Meadows and Gil Ozeri down an air duct on I4H.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
She's also superb on Hollywood Handbook.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

PerilPastry posted:

She was awesome on the The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0PaOLuojOk

I am changing, like a butterfly going through that one process

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I stopped listening like 20 minutes in because it was insanely boring with just scott and the timekeeper and i didn't realize that more people were going to show up eventually

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Sounds like you didn't give the episode enough...time

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm just assuming that americans consider gypsies to be mythical carnival people, instead of a hated ethnic group.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

little munchkin posted:

I stopped listening like 20 minutes in because it was insanely boring with just scott and the timekeeper and i didn't realize that more people were going to show up eventually

I also like posting in the threads for all the entertainments I don't enjoy. It's a constructive use of my, and everyone's, time.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Back To 99 posted:

I'm just assuming that americans consider gypsies to be mythical carnival people, instead of a hated ethnic group.

We do and it's really hard to convince people otherwise.

Betsy Sodaro is a treasure and saved this episode from being pretty terrible.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I can't believe how much she does with so little in all the bit parts she has on TV and in internet videos. She destroyed in the animal shelter scene in Love.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

I can't believe how much she does with so little in all the bit parts she has on TV and in internet videos. She destroyed in the animal shelter scene in Love.

She's one of those people who is brilliant in a supporting role, but not so good at driving the action or being the center of attention, which is why her episode of With Special Guest was so bad and her CBB appearances are usually great.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Back To 99 posted:

Lol when Scott mixed up "Romans" and "Roma"

e: \/\/ oh lol, that's right. I guess calling them "Romans" is way bigger of a miss

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 3, 2016

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It was Romanians. Equally embarrassing, though.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I thought the timeys were okay, but I really thought Neil Campbell did a great job in that episode. It's incredible that he keeps finding ways to make that character funny. I loved the sorrow in his voice when someone said anything that sounded like "Longo" because it made him miss his brother-in-law.

And because I forgot to post about it when it was new, I loved the moment in the latest Adam Scott episode where he confesses to wanting to change his last name to Quardero. You can feel Aukerman's energy turn to 100% glee.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

it's amazing how often someone said longo

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
The catchphrases are getting more and more dire every week. Scott really needs to end the listener interaction segments.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gourley was basically doing his Mal Bachman voice from the Don DiMello Andy Daly Podcast PIlot Project episode and I couldn't stop hearing just that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Puella Magissima posted:

The catchphrases are getting more and more dire every week. Scott really needs to end the listener interaction segments.

I've posted about this before I think but the catchphrase submission forum is the most depressing thing

http://forum.earwolf.com/forum/11-new-catchphrase-suggestions/

Improv4Humans kinda has the same thing where I think it's just the one guy submitting videos for crap on YouTube forever