Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Do the animals ever "get lost" or do they always find their way back into their respective buildings by a certain time?

I just got a couple of chickens and they're hilariously small, two seconds after I let them outside I've already lost track of them. The building is not in a place where I can wall it off either, as then there would be no space for grass. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Cantorsdust posted:

Emily. She lives in the same house as Haley.

Pastebin of her schedule: http://pastebin.com/W0kPAThX
I noticed you pastebin'd the code for her schedule. This makes me realize... you could probably very easily mod a character to stalk you. She wakes up at 9am, walks to the outside of your house, staring in through the window, unflinching until midnight when she walks back home.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Your Computer posted:

Do the animals ever "get lost" or do they always find their way back into their respective buildings by a certain time?

I just got a couple of chickens and they're hilariously small, two seconds after I let them outside I've already lost track of them. The building is not in a place where I can wall it off either, as then there would be no space for grass. :ohdear:

They'll make their way back inside at 6 PM.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i just made a little girl cry because I gave her grapes on her birthday. i hate this game

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I thought you had to till the soil where you wanted your fruit tree seed to go. Apparently if you do that the fake will put your seed next to the tilled soil, aka right up against my loving house

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Is there a seed maker?

Also how hard would it be to mod a different cat coloration in?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tarezax posted:

They'll make their way back inside at 6 PM.

Good!

I'm thinking of making the space next to the greenhouse into a pasture, but then the chickens will have to cross my path to the northern exit (answering the age old question of why the chicken crossed the road). It's not a large area, but I'm keeping everything close together for now:

Pictured: probably not a good spot for a coop

Also, I never see my cat anymore as it's perpetually hidden behind my tapper-trees and coop :geno:

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

DurosKlav posted:

I got mine from fishing treasure chest I believe.

Is a plantable ancient seed the donate to the museum seed, or is it in a packet like all the other crop seeds? I found one while applying the hoe to a three worm tile and I was wondering what to do with it.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
To people who don't want to mod the time, but still feel rushed during their days: Make the stable asap. It effectively makes your days a lot longer just by drastically cutting down your travel time.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Ulvirich posted:

Is a plantable ancient seed the donate to the museum seed, or is it in a packet like all the other crop seeds? I found one while applying the hoe to a three worm tile and I was wondering what to do with it.

It's a packet like all the others. When you donate one to the museum you get a seed packet and the recipe to make the seed packet from any further ancient seed artifacts you find.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Who the gently caress dissed the quarry holy poo poo the quarry owns

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Tarezax posted:

It's a packet like all the others. When you donate one to the museum you get a seed packet and the recipe to make the seed packet from any further ancient seed artifacts you find.

Ah ok, thank you.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Does anything weird happen if I give a Bouquet to multiple people? When I eventually pick a spouse do the others go back to their Best Friend dialogue as if nothing happened?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
FYI Corn doesn't die across Summer to Fall. If you plant it first day of Summer on some SpeedGro, it'll actually outsell both the Melon and Pumpkin by about 50%.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I want to upgrade my watering can, without loosing time to work on crops. If I upgrade it I will lose it for a few days, right?

Is there any way to avoid loosing days of time on my crops? Will upgrading it on the last day of the season work?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Diogines posted:

I want to upgrade my watering can, without loosing time to work on crops. If I upgrade it I will lose it for a few days, right?

Is there any way to avoid loosing days of time on my crops? Will upgrading it on the last day of the season work?

Check the weather channel. Find a day when its going to rain the next day. Finish watering your crops in the morning, then walk to the blacksmith and upgrade it. You wont need it the next day and then the second day after that you walk to the BS and at 9am pick up your new can so you can now water for that day.

If next day is a rainy day.

Day 1: Water crops, upgrade
Day 2: Rains so no need to water
Day 3: Pick up watering can at 9am, then do your watering for the day.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Diogines posted:

You have three options.

- Watch the weather channel for a rainy day. When the next day will be rainy, water your crops, then bring the can to be upgraded that day. He'll have it ready for you on the third day, so you can just go pick it up then water.

- Wait till Winter for all your Watering Can upgrades, since you don't farm in Winter.

- Sprinkers! Or alternatively who cares. Nothing will die unless you don't water it for 2-3 days, it just won't grow. Big stuff like Melons/Pumpkins will still be within the window where you can plant two cycles of them in the month, and all regrowable plants are set to end 2-3 days before the end of the month anyway. You actually won't lose anything by skipping a day.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Trebuchet King posted:

Also how hard would it be to mod a different cat coloration in?
It's apparently super easy as there are both grey and black cats in the OP of the official mod thread over at chucklefish's forum. (Link in this thread's OP)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Trebuchet King posted:

Is there a seed maker?

There is but you have to reach Farming L9 to make it.

e:

http://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/705153249733529600

Come on hobo marriage.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 3, 2016

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I found a little trick for avoiding having to retiling half your plots the next season. It worked with Wheat at least.

What I did was was on plots where I need to replant after every harvest when it came near the end of the month and I didnt have enough time to plant something new but I was within the 4 days wheat needs I'd just plant wheat in that space and leave it. Come fall 1 the wheat was still collectable so I just scythed it down and my plots remained tilled. Scything is a whole lot easier and quicker than using the hoe. You still have to replant fertilizer or any speed gro type things but it saves the step of random tilled sections going back to normal and having to retill and water them again.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
What's behind the bouncer in the Oasis? And how do you get past him.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Funkmaster General posted:

Quoting for answer.
Select the bait and right click on the empty trap, bait will increment down and the trap will be set.

Next day there'll be some garbage or treyf in it, take out the garbage/treyf. Now you can click the thing to collect the crab pot or you can select bait and right click again to reload it.

The trick is to right click on the thing.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
This is probably old hat for the thread at this point but gently caress me if I didn't giggle:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I worry I might have broken something with Abigail's questline. I got the letter to meet her in her room after 8pm, but forgot about it for a while. I don't see it in my quests log (not sure if it's supposed to even be in there), but I've been going to the General Store every night after 8pm and I have yet to get the scene to trigger. Think I permanently broker her questline?

FlyFishinInnuendo
Apr 14, 2005
I have't purchased this game yet, but it's definitely on my wishlist after watching a couple people stream. It's great watching someone live out middle school relationships dynamics.

*Tries to give a flower to Hailey
* Eats it right in front of her instead
* Asks Hailey to dance: "Ew... No."

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Fhqwhgads posted:

I worry I might have broken something with Abigail's questline. I got the letter to meet her in her room after 8pm, but forgot about it for a while. I don't see it in my quests log (not sure if it's supposed to even be in there), but I've been going to the General Store every night after 8pm and I have yet to get the scene to trigger. Think I permanently broker her questline?

You have to enter after 8pm and she's actually there. She likes to spend a lot of time playing flute in the mountains or hanging out at the beach/graveyard at late hours, so there's just like two times a week you can actually do that quest.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Countblanc posted:

i just made a little girl cry because I gave her grapes on her birthday. i hate this game

Those little shits are arguably harder to work with than Haley.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
So the good news is that the API lets me make a mod that can detect when you're inside and freeze time.

The bad news is that it can't detect when you go to sleep in your bed, time stays frozen, and you don't wake up at 6 AM but rather whatever time you're currently at.

The good bad news is that there are simple manual workarounds--use the world_settime command, reload your game, or just pass out at 2 AM.

If you're willing to put up with 1 daily annoyance, you can have:

FreezeInside Mod--Freeze Time While Indoors Like Harvest Moon!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there anything actually inside anyones bedrooms because I have made no attempt whatsoever at befriending/woo'ing anyone so I am never getting in one

fake edit: much like real life

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

drunken officeparty posted:

Is there anything actually inside anyones bedrooms because I have made no attempt whatsoever at befriending/woo'ing anyone so I am never getting in one

fake edit: much like real life

The mayor's purple shorts quest item is in one eventually, also some people (looking at you, Sebastian) like to spend a lot of time in their rooms so if you ever might want to befriend them you should probably carry ammo with which to pounce on them if you see them out and about.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

gently caress the desert mine, almost more than fishing. Those flying fast as poo poo super high damage guys can suck a wall of dicks while climbing it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

What have I done?!

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Are you just not supposed to put objects out on the dirt part of the farm map? One of my beehives just got overgrown by a random shrub. :smith:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Thanks to whoever told me to click concernedape's face on the loading screen

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
gently caress this thing.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

Thanks to whoever told me to click concernedape's face on the loading screen

I figured this one out, but how do you get the tips to appear consistently (on that same screen)

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
Abigail is giving props to the thread

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

^^ That's a Calvin and Hobbes reference.

During Spirit's Eve Is there actually a way to talk to the wizard and Linus? I can see them up there, and when I put my mouse over them the cursor changes to the dialogue one when people still have stuff to say to you. I can seem to find a way up though. (Already got the golden pumpkin)

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I put my phone down, got out of bed, woke my computer up and started the game just to click on the face during the opening because of you people.

It makes a honk sound. I am going back to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I wish there was a way to rearrange the museum. I didn't realize there would be multiple bones, so now the skeleton looks a bit dumb.