Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

The best GiTS game is Deus Ex: Human Revolution. A close second is that third-person PS2 game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I hope the new Deus Ex is really good because a lot of Human Revolution's sensibilities are really good but the piss yellow visual direction and the god awful hair models always bring it down a notch.

Also I'd rather play as a cute lady like Major than Jensen :shobon:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lady Naga posted:

Play some SMT.

SMT is ok.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lurdiak posted:

SMT is ok.

gently caress you SMT 3 is the pinnacle of gaming.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

No, that's Crazy Taxi.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lurdiak posted:

No, that's Crazy Taxi.

Heyheyhey

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

Yah yah yah yah yah

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

It's really not the same without the intro. In my mind the lyrics to the song go "HEYHEYHEY IT'S TIME TO MAKE SOME CRAAAAAZY MONEH! ARE YA READY? HERE. WE. GO!...YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!"

This one issue of Dreamcast magazine I had had a contest to win a Crazy Taxi cabinet and I'm still salty I didn't get it. It also had the Fred Durst ad in it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I gotta believe no one out there has the PC version of crazy taxi without modding the proper soundtrack back in.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i want another space channel 5

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i've never played crazy taxi but i did play Simpsons Road Rage

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lady Naga posted:

I hope the new Deus Ex is really good because a lot of Human Revolution's sensibilities are really good but the piss yellow visual direction and the god awful hair models always bring it down a notch.

Also I'd rather play as a cute lady like Major than Jensen :shobon:

They yellow was cool and the fact that they left a bunch of cans of yellow paint all through the levels in the game was really funny.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

i've never played crazy taxi but i did play Simpsons Road Rage

All I remember about that game is that I tried it once and it had ridiculously long load times, like what the hell were they loading???

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

i want another space channel 5

I did my best to express this sentiment when I filled out that Sega survey. Won't be the same without Space Michael though :smith:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
get outta here ulala its a trap

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

FirstAidKite posted:

get outta here ulala its a trap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYJZuTz7rTU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Deus ex revolution taught me a new word. If you played the game I bet you know what it is.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Oni was fun but it needed music or something and more enemies and better bosses. It also suffered from "Bungie realistic architecture problem" where the stages were designed to look and feel real to their detriment in terms of game design. Lots of long corridors with not much going on and nooks and hard-to-get-to-spots where you might expect to find something (anything) but you'd find nothing.

Oh also maybe it would have been neat if it had the multiplayer that was actually in the game at some point but was pulled before release because I guess they either couldn't solve latency issues or didn't feel confident enough in the product.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 3, 2016

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

I like that art style. What's it from?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'm not sure how I feel about Tales of Zestiria yet.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Hojo's Bizarre Adventure

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
hhello is this the muscle march mega thread

muscle march has a good ost made by the katamari damacy sound team and you can buy it on i tunes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWvxQgM7QPM

also it was originally going to be an arcade game with big dumbell controls instead of bad wii controls but was cancelled after location tests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1xbH84gBaI

now you know

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

corn in the bible posted:

samus and falco would be good friends
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/?randomcomic

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Hog Inspector posted:

I like that art style. What's it from?

Cowa! It's the series Akira Toriyama made after Dragonball.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=121906

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Ciaphas posted:

limaCAT please draw Maxim going :tizzy: at a burning arrow and a smug vinestalk tyvm

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

:yeah:

it's everything i hoped for, thank you for making my day

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
idgaf what anybody says, i had a fun time playing ultionus and if it is ever on sale for cheap on steam i suggest people pick it up if they enjoy fun, short, 80s style platformers

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
what is seifers romantic dream

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I dunno, probably curb stomping someone after a punk concert.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4tx0fpZE8s

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Waluigi's pinball is one of the best mario kart stages and has one of the best mario kart tunes

wtf was with them not including waluigi in mario kart 7, that was bullshit lol, "too creepy for mario kart" hahha

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

lady naga is right and 90% of snes rpgs are dull uninspired trash much like everything else on any nintendo console ever made

This, but any system that has the influence to spawn shovelware.

There's will always be cruft to dredge through, but on every system, it's possible to find a game worth one's time. Might not be the same game for everyone, but that's okay

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I also really dislike tactical RPGs but that's mostly because there was this huge boom of them in the mid 2000s and I got really sick of it quickly. I kinda feel like I already mentioned this but shrug.

I still like XCOM and Valkyria Chronicles though, it's mostly the ones with the grid based systems that I got exasperated with.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Are there any good Dark Souls clones out there yet? I need my fix asap

No. It sucks, but Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls II, and Bloodborne are all we have until Dark Souls III comes out.

Do NOT under any circumstances, buy Lords of the Fallen.

Here's how bad it is: The jump attack, you know, forward+r2? It misses stationary targets that you are locked onto. Because it hits to the side. For like, no reason. It cleaves straight down just to the right of center and misses about 85% of the time. Targets you are locked onto. Even large ones.

Edit: I bought Mini Metro on steam for 10 dollars and just lost 6 hours of my life on a school night. God damnit.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

OK but the actual best track from double dash is right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuX5_OWObA0

Lady Naga posted:

I also really dislike tactical RPGs but that's mostly because there was this huge boom of them in the mid 2000s and I got really sick of it quickly. I kinda feel like I already mentioned this but shrug.

I'm really not into those tactical games at all. I forced myself to get through the first couple of hours of FFT where it's really lovely for newbies and then it got more playable, but I'll probably never touch it again ever. My GF is crazy for Fire Emblem but I find that even less enjoyable.

I think only the music and job system kept me going in FFT. Were it not for those I probably would have abandoned it long before the end. Well, that and the various hilarious ways you can exploit the game's mechanics. It certainly wasn't the tactical gameplay in any case!

Fun fact: the first (and until about two years ago, only) TRPG I played through was a Tenchi Muyo game for the SNES like 16 years ago. I had fun playing it but now that I think back it's probably because the gameplay was stupidly simple.

How do you feel about Super Mario RPG, Naga?

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 3, 2016

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
http://www.polygon.com/features/2016/3/2/11107742/how-market-research-changes-your-games

So, it looks like they built an arcade cabinet for Smash...

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Mar 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Are there any good Dark Souls clones out there yet? I need my fix asap

Lords of the Fallen :laugh:

• Locked thread