Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

But that's nowhere near as bad as the super-long zigzag in Orgel.
I definitely feel like, with practice, I can actually nail this one down. Tulip felt possible too, but was way trickier. From my experience and view, this is the easiest event song on Master to me, but that can definitely be disputed on a personal level depending on how comfortable you are with certain note patterns.

Hmm, Orgel is still easier to me but yeah, it's definitely at the lower difficulty end.

Also I don't think I'm going to do that again, I barely made it into the yellow and I only scored A on the song. Going to need more Master practice/ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I gambled with single pulls since I wasn't going to get enough for another 11-pull before the double SSR chance expired, but it's ok, it paid off

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
noice

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

graybook posted:

They're rare item drops, but you can get one during an event or through checking your present bookshelves.

Going off this, the game calls them チアラs、and the 3d line of the 3d section of each of the bookshelves tells you the uh, level of appearance up, or something like that. So uh, don't forget to level up the poo poo in your room. Extra fans and money and a shitton of shoes are always nice to have.

Polsy posted:

I gambled with single pulls since I wasn't going to get enough for another 11-pull before the double SSR chance expired, but it's ok, it paid off

👍

I've been wondering, why is gf suddenly going so hard with nurses?

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNFC9D-6ENE

Nao is so cute. I understand why everyone teases her.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zenostein posted:

I've been wondering, why is gf suddenly going so hard with nurses?

game is dying so it needs ICU treatment

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

game is dying so it needs ICU treatment

lol.

but yeah, it's a bit weird to go with the same theme for the gacha and the event, at least try to spread your appeal

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

They're rare item drops, but you can get one during an event or through checking your present bookshelves.

In other words I am never idolizing my cat girl.

I can't juggle SIF and SS at the same time! I hafta do most of my SS before the 5th, when SIF starts its new event!

Also this event has the Blue idolize item which I don't need.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

jellycat posted:

She's asking Nozomi if you need candles for a chirashi zushi cake, so all nine of them can blow them out. It's Hinamatsuri/Girl's Day in Japan now and chirashi zushi is a thing, though I don't think making a cake out of it is…

Ah, cool, so it's a holiday quote.

Wonder why Nozomi, though.

I know Maki talks about Hanayo and Rin, and that Rin mentions Hanayo, but I haven't really heard most of the dialogues.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I just looked it up, but in order to pay for a 10-pull, it's basically $28... Jeez.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sonata Mused posted:

I just looked it up, but in order to pay for a 10-pull, it's basically $28... Jeez.

DO IT FOR HER.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I've spent like $200 on crates and keys in csgo and I don't even play the shooting stuff modes. (I like surfing/ bhopping) I really super regret it, but I actually think I wouldn't mind dropping some cash on some rhythm games. I just need the cash. Also for starlight stage I would need to find some place to get JP iTunes codes that does mark up the price by a lot

E: oh wow where did this avatar come from

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

I've spent like $200 on crates and keys in csgo and I don't even play the shooting stuff modes. (I like surfing/ bhopping) I really super regret it, but I actually think I wouldn't mind dropping some cash on some rhythm games. I just need the cash. Also for starlight stage I would need to find some place to get JP iTunes codes that does mark up the price by a lot

E: oh wow where did this avatar come from

Oh poo poo!

Koufuku Grafitti + Love Live!!!!

book
Nov 29, 2014
Some cool idol avs are coming out of nowhere.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Skwee posted:

Also for starlight stage I would need to find some place to get JP iTunes codes that doesn't mark up the price by a lot

I probably shouldn't enable you, but play-asia is acceptable to me. Sure it's marked up still, but it's definitely one of the better options.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Polsy posted:

I probably shouldn't enable you, but play-asia is acceptable to me. Sure it's marked up still, but it's definitely one of the better options.

yeah that mark up doesn't seem too bad. also don't worry about enabling me, that CSGO thing was a one-time thing.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I got alerted to a discount on Google Play gift cards last week, so I'm waiting on those to come in the mail; they'll go towards my attempts at pulling Cyber set Nico when that set's released.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Good av.

Graybook, it's pretty egregious that you don't have an idol av.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I know, but you've got the Nico honors, and I wouldn't want to overly Nico this fair forum.

I like my Cucumber Quest one for now. I've been thinking of switching to one from an anim/mango but I'm not sure what I'd go to.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I sorta sometimes feel like there's a correlation between songs I like and their beatmaps.

Like, I'm really fond of Nation Blue's beatmap on Pro as well as the Event song (mainly the beginning and end with the violins or whatever where you hold, tap three times on the same note, and then get hectic).

But do I like the beatmaps because I like the songs? Is it because the tunes are easier for me to follow than other songs? Or is it just a coincidence?

Does a song having a fun beatmap make me inclined to like the song more?

Very chicken and egg poo poo.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I wish Chloe Lemaire was in a better game. She's a very powerful foreigner.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I wish Chloe Lemaire was in a better game. She's a very powerful foreigner.

Is she more powerful than Kujo Karen?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Is she more powerful than Kujo Karen?

Karen would destroy her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Karen would destroy her.

Jokes on Chloe, then, Karen was the weakest member of the 4 Heavenly Kings and if she can't even beat Karen what hope does she have against the other 3 and their leader????

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Her outrageous foreign accent is on the highest level, though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm just joking anyways Karen is the best.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

I sorta sometimes feel like there's a correlation between songs I like and their beatmaps.

Like, I'm really fond of Nation Blue's beatmap on Pro as well as the Event song (mainly the beginning and end with the violins or whatever where you hold, tap three times on the same note, and then get hectic).

But do I like the beatmaps because I like the songs? Is it because the tunes are easier for me to follow than other songs? Or is it just a coincidence?

I really like this Mika Joukasaki song that I get during my event runs. I hope that it's an unlock later on cuz it's really fun to play. I think it's called tokimeki escalate. I also really like the song

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Skwee posted:

I really like this Mika Joukasaki song that I get during my event runs. I hope that it's an unlock later on cuz it's really fun to play. I think it's called tokimeki escalate. I also really like the song

It's a very nice song but oh god that beatmap is very rudeon master

Nation Blue is pretty all-around excellent, though.

So naturally, the only former event songs I've gotten are Orange Sapphire (ballwrecker), and junkbot.

At least it hasn't seen fit to give me double susume otomes again. Or double gokigenyo parties. That should be possible now, assuming the list it pulls from is literally everything.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Zenostein posted:

It's a very nice song but oh god that beatmap is very rudeon master

Nation Blue is pretty all-around excellent, though.

So naturally, the only former event songs I've gotten are Orange Sapphire (ballwrecker), and junkbot.

At least it hasn't seen fit to give me double susume otomes again. Or double gokigenyo parties. That should be possible now, assuming the list it pulls from is literally everything.

Oh right I forgot to say I play pro. I can play a few songs on master though, but not enough to do an event run on it, since I think I've only done 2-3 songs on master

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
idk what I'm doing in Girlfriend Note, but if anyone wants to be friends, my ID is 250196593. I've got that nurse Fumio SSR as my support girl.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

idk what I'm doing in Girlfriend Note, but if anyone wants to be friends, my ID is 250196593. I've got that nurse Fumio SSR as my support girl.

Adding you on my friendslist and in the big list on the first post.
If you haven't already checked the wiki I linked it's very helpful.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I don't recall GFN having it at launch, but I'm really glad that now at least it lets you overflow your stamina on level up. I'm playing hard and expert songs and leveling after each. Heck, this last song gave me two. There seems to be some sort of limit, though, or perhaps it just didn't give me credit for two refills.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah, it's super nice. Now we just need starlight stage to get it on level up, I think.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Got together enough gems or whatever for one last 11-pull while the SSR rate is higher. Not as good of luck this time 'round, though I did double down on the nurse theme.

Actually, there's so much I've yet to do in this game that I might be able to gather another 2100 gems without too much difficulty. I think I'm done for tonight, though. And drat, this game makes my phone's battery life comparable to a Game Gear's.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I had a little over 10k remaining so I did two pulls.

Yup, used up all my luck.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
At least I'm still at the point in Note where Rares are helpful. They're pretty much only seal fodder in SIF. Heck, a good number of SRs are, too. Nearly everything I pull in Note is useful.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Part of that, I feel, is because of having 5 attributes vs. 3. Like, with 3 attributes in SIF (and also Starlight Stage to an extent), you don't need /as many/ cards to start building a mildly effective team. But in GF Note, performance stats have a different bit of weight to them, and it doesn't feel completely wrong to have different colors on a team geared towards one color if those members are just plain strong enough. Granted, I still want to be able to have teams consisting primarily of cards of a single color, no matter how strong another card of a different color might be.

Also, I kinda wish card leveling went faster.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Theory loving confirmed.

I accidentally played this Ranko song that gives off this Transylvania feel on 5 speed and while I would have liked the song the atrocious speed made me gently caress up repeatedly and now I hate the song.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Was it her regular image song, or the Rosenburg Engel single?

I think I like the former better.
The latter is a hell that I still can't even finish without dying at least once on Master.

Also to speak to your theory, this definitely affects me with M@GIC and Yuubae Present, but I do hate the Trancing Pulse Master chart yet love that song to bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think it's something more than whether you like a song or not, though liking a song clearly helps.

I feel like how you perceive a song might play a factor in how you play.

I talked about this before, but I do tend to visualize raindrops when playing Nation Blue. It's like, every note is a raindrop and I tap them as they reach the floor.

This came up again during the event when the Android song came up. It's light and cheery and the beginning (after the robot vocals) really get me to imagine the notes to be in tune with characters jumping and skipping. It's light and bouncy.

Even if I'm not good at a song, getting in tune with it and familiarizing yourself with the music helps you visual the notes, which lets you understand the patterns.

I dunno this is all just ramblin'.

I also used to do this when playing BokuHika Expert on SIF, though I had the movie to go off, so I visualized the notes as their quick and happy dance steps. It had mixed results, admittedly, but it made the entire process more enjoyable.