Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I think we can solidly blame this all on Allegri, I can't believe he subbed on more defenders at 2-0, he should've gone for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Zaza is so unlucky today

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
fuuuck

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
It seems perhaps that Paul Pogba maybe should've played a bit more of this match.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

It seems perhaps that Paul Pogba maybe should've played a bit more of this match.

thought that was going in

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

hooooly poo poo

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
holy poo poo those saves by Carrizo

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

That was physically painful, I have a bad feeling about the shootout

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?
I can't see this anywhere on US TV... Not even RAI has it, loving hell.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Simone Poodoin posted:

That was physically painful, I have a bad feeling about the shootout

Same. I am already dressed and ready to walk out the door as soon as it's over, need some fresh air after wallowing in that display of farts.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
goal line technology says??

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

no goal line tech? I'd ike to see that either way.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bonucci being the anchor is insane to me, but that was a lovely little stutter step.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?
gently caress Juventus.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
that sucked

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If Juve play that badly in the final then it'll be really good.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Bonucci owns.

This performance was pure poo poo but it all turned out ok in the end and everyone better be making plans to not let this happen again for the rest of the season.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

In the image above, you see a hardened criminal killing a poor columbian kid with no remorse. Luckily, the Italian justice league punished him with a red card, 3 matches ban and a public flogging.

In the image below, you can notice a rather dashing and cultured slavonic player showing the Columbian illegal immigrant where exactly the adam's apple is. But since justice is not blind, even though some terrorists were claiming that he was trying to strangle him, the referee was not swayed and awarded him with a yellow card.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm reaching a breaking point. I've been watching this hilarious league for about 3 years now and while it's all well and good to watch the games, I feel like I need to fully plastic for a team soon. The problem is I've started forming hatreds without really gravitating to a team. I used to think Napoli was cool because some of my earliest soccer viewing memories were watching Napoli on rai(?) at my local childhood pizza place where all the guys were super cool. Unfortunately the more I found about the city of Napoli it seems supporting them is kind of untenable despite them having cool history and the most exciting squad. I then thought about Lazio because I love Klose and they have sick kits but the racism and fascism is just too embarrassing tbh. I hate Juventus, AC Milan I'm ambivalent to but currently they seem kind of sad + berlusconi. Fiorentina is ok but ehhhh nah. That leaves me with Inter and Roma. I'm supposed to hate Inter for reasons I'm not fully aware of and Roma seems too much like the American Serie A team choice after Bradley's stint there. Basically I think I have to choose between Napoli, Inter, and Roma. I think I'm going to go to the magic mountain healer who treated Shaqiri and have him read tea leaves and tell me my fate.

I'm sorry for boring you all to death with the most hated talk of self-indulgent American plasticing but it becomes weird at a certain point when you've watched a league so long and aren't pulling for anyone but just wishing for a few teams to lose.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 3, 2016

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Come on, Palermo, pink and we suck!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

silvergoose posted:

Come on, Palermo, pink and we suck!

Palermo are an awesome team who numerous insanely sick players have come through. They also have lovely kits, easily the best crest in soccer, and the most entertaining owner in Serie A which is saying an awful lot.

Or support Juventus (:<

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I don't see why you can't support Napoli. We (well, me) joke about the city itself but it is actually a very unique place that is beautiful in the traditional way. Sure, it can be dangerous and the criminals literally rob and assault players but it's not like you're supporting those guys. Could happen anywhere.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
if youre a moneyball kinda guy udinese are pretty much the oakland As of serie a except their shithole stadium was replaced with a good, new one

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Go with Bologna, cool jersey, and since they got Donadoni and sacked Rossi, they have the most points after Juventus and Napoli. Good football too.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Like GD said, we all make trash jokes about Napoli but it's a beautiful city with an incredible culture around the team. Just watch this vid Copa90 put out about them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL96tAHC78U

Also, when the criminals rob players, they do it while asking them to score a goal next game!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't see why you can't support Napoli. We (well, me) joke about the city itself but it is actually a very unique place that is beautiful in the traditional way. Sure, it can be dangerous and the criminals literally rob and assault players but it's not like you're supporting those guys. Could happen anywhere.

Well, if you're buying scarves and other paraphernalia from the club you indirectly do.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Honestly forget about the extra bullshit and focus on the team you like. I was full plastic for Fiorentina before I evolved and went full retard. My day now is affected by something they do. Is this bad? No. Par for the course? Ask Gigi how his day is after Milan get hosed.

Napoli is my favorite team to watch besides Fiorentina. Their high pressing quick counter attack play has always been my preferred style in games. Both digital and real. Not to mention you have awesome players like Higuain, Insigne, Hamsik and Callejon. I loved loved loved Inler when he played and really helped cement that into my head early on. I have one of his match jerseys too cause it was cheap and no one likes him besides me apparently.

Napoli might have a notorious history of crime but look how the city came together after a supporter was murdered at the infamous Coppa Italia. Stuff like that is beyond passion, it's a collective soul screaming out at the injustice of one to another and taking a poor man's life relating to football.

Sure, Fiorenina ultras did ugly things like throwing a bomb on a bus, but don't let the actions of Ultras or the city determine which team you like. All cities have crime, Napoli is just more visible because players are sometimes involved. All Ultras have done something to bring negative light to their team. Fans too.

Roma is a good team too IMO. Totti and De Rossi are the standard of what players should strive to be (besides racist). Staying with one club your entire career is amazing and they are the "American team" not really because of Bradley but because they do the MLS All Stars vs (club). Like how Bayern is the "American" team.

Pick who you like for you. You are supporting them. Not us. We may give you poo poo, but it's banter. I highly doubt anyone gets offended when I call Juventus players gobos or whatever.

Most of all enjoy the game and the soap opera.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Support Inter. We won the Triplete as the only Italian team ever, and now, 6 years later, we're about to die because of massive debt. It's quite fascinating, if not unfathomably frustrating, to see a football club unravel so quickly.

In all seriousness, it's a wonderful club in pretty much every aspect of the word. Although we're poo poo.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

GreatestLurker posted:

Support Inter. we're poo poo.

All that needed to be said.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Get in on the ground floor and support up and coming team Venezia FC like me, Paddyb.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Re: Napoli I don't know if I can support Napoli despite all the reasons I have because I want to join in on the lega nord terrone bashing in this thread. Thanks all for your responses. What is the reason everyone hates Inter again I forget?

I'll let you all know when I make the big decision and pledge my undying support to my yet to be named boyhood club.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

What is the reason everyone hates Inter again I forget?

They unjustly stole 2 scudetti.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

trem_two posted:

They unjustly stole 2 scudetti.

Don't listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kCyCS48Xlo

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Seltzer posted:

What is the reason everyone hates Inter again I forget?

They're clowns.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Knowing what we know now I guess we can say that it was because the ref was paid off, but it all just sounds like a bunch of :qq: and even Baggio is like "yeah those were yellows but this poo poo happens"

This video does not help your case!!!

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Knowing what we know now I guess we can say that it was because the ref was paid off, but it all just sounds like a bunch of :qq: and even Baggio is like "yeah those were yellows but this poo poo happens"

This video does not help your case!!!

I was joking.
I don't know what case I'm supposed to argue, but the fact that Inter is supposedly the bad guy of italian football (Seltzer, by the way, I wouldn't say this thread is representative of Calcio, Juventus is BY FAR the most hated club in Italy) when you have other clubs that for instance have been judged guilty of and relegated for cases of corruption, bribing referees and other things, is a bit silly.

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 3, 2016

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
It's funny, I only know one other American Roma fan, but a ton of Juve fans. I think it's because Americans are just as much of front-runners as anyone else.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Good news for Milan, Bonucci will be suspended from the Coppa final due to yellow card accumulation.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Aaaaand the Zarate appeal has been rejected. Fiorentina are pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Good news for Milan, Bonucci will be suspended from the Coppa final due to yellow card accumulation.

If Rugani plays like he did yesterday then we might have a chance!

• Locked thread