Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I need to watch this Kumite. Senegalese wrestling sounds intriguing enough.

Senegalese lutte is amazingly stupid, it's like oil wrestling crossed with sumo promoted by the Nollywood version of the KSW guys. Also one of the big stars is no poo poo named Balla Gaye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That card looks like a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie. It in fact looks like most Jean-Claude Van Damme movies. Neat! Is this an elimination tournament? The page doesn't say other than that it is Ganryujima 3 and mentioning finalists and semifinalists in previous Ganryujimas.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Senegalese lutte is amazingly stupid, it's like oil wrestling crossed with sumo promoted by the Nollywood version of the KSW guys. Also one of the big stars is no poo poo named Balla Gaye

You're talking crazy and I like it. I am sold.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

projecthalaxy posted:

That card looks like a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie. It in fact looks like most Jean-Claude Van Damme movies. Neat! Is this an elimination tournament? The page doesn't say other than that it is Ganryujima 3 and mentioning finalists and semifinalists in previous Ganryujimas.

it doesn't look like it's a tournament unfortunately, but running the event page through a translator it says there's going to be a weapons and armour fighting demo, lol

http://ganryujima.jp/?grjm_events=1905

also the capoeira guy who got that youtube ko is fighting the guy who knocked out a 60 year old and their youtube channel is wonderful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ngN9Ys65uo&t=183s

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it doesn't look like it's a tournament unfortunately, but running the event page through a translator it says there's going to be a weapons and armour fighting demo, lol

http://ganryujima.jp/?grjm_events=1905

also the capoeira guy who got that youtube ko is fighting the guy who knocked out a 60 year old and their youtube channel is wonderful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ngN9Ys65uo&t=183s

right, thanks for the info. I can't read that page and I don't know who any of those people are but I can tell you confidently that this is the match of the night:

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Congrats to Andre dida for getting tapped out

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
dida's in negotiations to fight on the next rizin card btw

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Triticum Guzzler posted:

you were just saying the other day that you can't name a lot of fighters in the ufc's top 10. i think the huge roster of the UFC is not necessarily the biggest problem there

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

you were just saying the other day that you can't name a lot of fighters in the ufc's top 10. i think the huge roster of the UFC is not necessarily the biggest problem there

i will never forget the name balla gaye, and neither would you if you ever saw two fat guys wearing what seem to be car seat beads in the world's largest apartment wrestling league on youtube

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

projecthalaxy posted:

right, thanks for the info. I can't read that page and I don't know who any of those people are but I can tell you confidently that this is the match of the night:

Big guy with muscles vs big guy without muscles remains the quintessential heavyweight matchup and I'm glad to see that's still understood.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i will never forget the name balla gaye, and neither would you if you ever saw two fat guys wearing what seem to be car seat beads in the world's largest apartment wrestling league on youtube

I looked it up and found this:

http://youtu.be/VFNKQlpg9tQ

From it I learned that one of those men is probably Balla Gaye, Senegalese Wrestling is the greatest sport, and that fireworks look weird on sand.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Did Moat Fights 2 ever get a youtube/anywhere else release? Still smiling at Karate vs Kung Fu from the inaugural event.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr7XiMFS-WE&t=2642s

if the time stamp doesn't work please skip like 44 minutes in for an incredible clash of guts and stamina: baruto vs bob sapp in a 50m sprint

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Senegalese wrestling does indeed own, and it features in hyperbolic caricature everything that this thread cherishes. There's a longer-form article from SBnation (I think?) that details it.

I think that's where Bigfoot's witch doctor does most of his work.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bushmeister posted:

Did Moat Fights 2 ever get a youtube/anywhere else release? Still smiling at Karate vs Kung Fu from the inaugural event.

I played it on psp tv a few times, once with cortXbomb providing commentary.

Might see if we can swing another showing down the line.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr7XiMFS-WE&t=2642s

if the time stamp doesn't work please skip like 44 minutes in for an incredible clash of guts and stamina: baruto vs bob sapp in a 50m sprint

That was a 50 meter something, but it weren't no sprint. Bob looked like he was rushing toward his walking frame.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?
And he was the quicker man!

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Wanderlai to Bellator.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yessssssssssssssssssssss

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Ty1990 posted:

Wanderlai to Bellator.

hahaha this is going to be great with his suspension

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Ty1990 posted:

Wanderlai to Bellator.

I gotta say, it's still a step up from what they've been doing lately

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I gotta say, it's still a step up from what they've been doing lately

an old ufc hand me down coming off a drug suspension is actually largely in line with what they've been doing

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
If you want to see the future of Bellator, picture this alternating for fifteen minutes -

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So is Wanderlei vs Dada 5000 already booked or are they doing that tomorrow?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
And then slow it down by half.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

projecthalaxy posted:

So is Wanderlei vs Dada 5000 already booked or are they doing that tomorrow?

he needs to fight kimbo again so he can be the first fighter to ever avenge a loss and a death in one fight

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

an old ufc hand me down coming off a drug suspension is actually largely in line with what they've been doing

you know what i meant :rolleyes:

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
how will we know its wanderlei and not any given roided up guy who has been punched in the face so much its become leather

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
So can Wadnerlai only fight outside of the US? He was banned by Nevada right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

They did a rehearing and decided they were too harsh, he's eligible to come back next May provided he pass a drug test around that time. It's believed the reason he was also in talks with Rizin (including for a Fedor fight) was to step around that so he could have at least one fight sooner

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Wanderlei's first opponent confirmed

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/2/11147796/manager-chael-sonnen-will-return-for-right-fight-after-nac-suspension

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
While Wanderlei vs Chael in Bellator would be a big fight I do think Chael would get more by fighting under UFC (both short-term and definitely long-term) so he would stick with them. The Vitor fight we never got, a trilogy with Anderson, a fight with Machida... wow I forgot how many Brazilians Chael used to pick fights with.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Digital Jedi posted:

I have no doubt that Bellator will find a location that does not honor other state's AC decisions. They might even be able to borrow Dada 5000's boat.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
The theory has been that if a promotion circumvents a commissions ruling by having a suspended guy fight overseas or whatever they would have a harder time getting events licensed. It will be interesting to see what happens when bellator tries them on it

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
My Main Girl, Alexa Grasso, is hurt and out of her Invicta fight. Angie Hill takes her place to fight Stephanie Eggink.

Dangit

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Bubba Smith posted:

While Wanderlei vs Chael in Bellator would be a big fight I do think Chael would get more by fighting under UFC (both short-term and definitely long-term) so he would stick with them. The Vitor fight we never got, a trilogy with Anderson, a fight with Machida... wow I forgot how many Brazilians Chael used to pick fights with.

what's chael's relationship with the ufc nowadays? he's such a company man but after the drug suspension he seems kinda out in the cold. i can definitely imagine dana bringing him back though, they loving love their company men. fighting in bellator seems like a good way to sabotage a future career as a ufc analyst or whatever.

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Foul Fowl posted:

what's chael's relationship with the ufc nowadays? he's such a company man but after the drug suspension he seems kinda out in the cold. i can definitely imagine dana bringing him back though, they loving love their company men. fighting in bellator seems like a good way to sabotage a future career as a ufc analyst or whatever.

He already had a cushy analyst job that he lost due to the suspension, it's possible that bridge has already been burned.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

eshock posted:

He already had a cushy analyst job that he lost due to the suspension, it's possible that bridge has already been burned.

Nah. He and Dana White always got along and he still hasn't had a negative thing to say about them. The UFC isn't going to hold a grudge against him for being an admitted tiny-balls haver. It'll be more about money than anything.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
FRIDAY

SATURDAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
would chael not still have fights left on his ufc contract