Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Phobophilia posted:

Because I'm both a giant hipster and a giant min maxer, I'm going max block mistress of sacrifice blade vortex.

If this works as well as I hope, I'm going to be invincible.

Well I thought I was going to run EA Scion or crit shock nova Assassin but this sounds fun, and I've never actually done a block character. To the skill tree planner for the fourth time today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

If people want an easy league starter character, mathil just posted a vid on earthquake and sunder and 2H RT Berserker Earthquake is a cheap and fast way to start. It's probably what I'm going to do because Earthquake looks really fun and satisfying.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I remember Rory talking about old Earthquake, where you could override old fissures by slamming down new hits.

I wish that was still available, because that way you could play crit earthquake and override old fissures that failed to quit.

Or maybe you still could, if you go Assassin and cap your crit. Maybe go southpaw as well, 1 handed crit sceptre, and a 80% crit chance dagger in offhand.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Because I'm both a giant hipster and a giant min maxer, I'm going max block mistress of sacrifice blade vortex.

If this works as well as I hope, I'm going to be invincible.

This sounds cool

I wish I knew enough about the game now I know what any of this means so I could play it

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Almost 100% sure I'm going to roll a Duelist Gladiator rocking 2 weapons and Cyclone. Bleed-nado.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Mortimer posted:

This sounds cool

I wish I knew enough about the game now I know what any of this means so I could play it

He's rolling a Necromancer (witch subclass) in Ascendancy for the Mistress of Sacrifice passive, which lets him use bone offering (or flesh offering) on himself. Bone offering is an extremely strong spell that normally makes your minions almost invincible for its duration, it increases your block chance and gives you healing whenever you block. Max block is a bit of a misnomer because he only needs about 40% block to reach max when bone offering is up, though he could go for higher since converting his block to spell block takes two unique items and only reaches 75% effectiveness. The end result will be that he has a 75% chance to heal about 600 health whenever he gets hit.

He's probably using Blade Vortex because it both benefits from being able to stand still near enemies, and if he needs he can use a Cybil's Paw to make it so he heals each time a blade hits, which is probably the single most effective life gain on hit combination possible with only maybe incinerate beating it out.

The build will be pretty cheap up until you need your rainbowstride, if you want to try it.

E: On the subject of builds, lmao why are there a bunch of builds using ascendancy classes on the poe subreddit that are labeled [HC/Atziri Viable]? Is it just because they're old builds that have an Ascendancy class plugged in?

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 3, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I chose blade vortex because it's a duration skill, and the Necro tree has a pile of duration in it. Because it is a duration skill, I don't need to spend every second casting in combat, and that frees me up to spend some actions on utility skills. I like builds where there are a ton of little synergies that all fit together neatly.

I'm undecided on if I'll be going dual wield cybils or go with a rathpith's. I'm also undecided if I'll invest in any block nodes, or just use a Rumi's and focus my tree on pure damage.

Also, blade vortex is effectively melee, so it the tankiness should keep me alive.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Patch notes

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ascendancy patch notes y'all

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
Whenever any officer has time please send an invite to the guild to McFaceBeard if there's still room.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

I chose blade vortex because it's a duration skill, and the Necro tree has a pile of duration in it. Because it is a duration skill, I don't need to spend every second casting in combat, and that frees me up to spend some actions on utility skills. I like builds where there are a ton of little synergies that all fit together neatly.

I'm undecided on if I'll be going dual wield cybils or go with a rathpith's. I'm also undecided if I'll invest in any block nodes, or just use a Rumi's and focus my tree on pure damage.

Also, blade vortex is effectively melee, so it the tankiness should keep me alive.

This is what I came up with in a few minutes, haven't really combed over it yet. I got Alchemist because I'm a sucker for flask nodes early on while levelling and Mind Barrier as the only shield node, particularly because the ES bonus is nice and this is set up as hybrid life/ES. Tempted by Deflection though for the block recovery.

edit: On second thought all the good shields are pretty low on actual armor/es and those nodes only give 6% block/5% spell block, those 8 points are probably better spent on straight damage.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 3, 2016

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Rip vaal spark, rip vinktar's.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Oh drat, patch notes.

Would Poison Blade Vortex be good for a necro build? It seems like the effect duration and generic damage boosts would be good for scaling the poison.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Skimming though patch notes:

*You get exactly one shot at a Labyrinth run (think single Portal Zana run)
*5 respec points = 1 Ascendancy respec. Can completely respec out of an Ascendancy class and re-assign by re-doing the Labyrinth
*Elemental flasks boost max resist dropped to 6%
*All non-life/mana flasks have a 4 second duration
*Fusing/Jewelers no longer consumes quality; quality = % better odds
*Vaal Spark nerfed into the ground
*Less Duration now has more damage.
*More stuff will vendor for alch shards, any mod will yield at least an alch shard

wasamin
Jan 4, 2016
Can someone have a look at my build and tell me how bad it is or if things are wrong with it: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...FdUwaAFPHgZb1c=

I will be playing on softcore and will try to stack as much evasion and block as possible. Reave is probably going to be my primary skill.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
No SRS nerf and a negligible nerf on bone offering means necro SRS is a go Friday evening.

E - quality for linking is nice, what happened to the pierce changes?

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Mar 3, 2016

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

quote:

When you use an Orb of Fusing or a Jeweller's Orb on an item, the item's quality is no longer consumed. The way that quality affects the result has also been changed. Each 1% quality improves the result by 1%. This makes the Fusing process 20% easier on 20% quality items, for example.

RIP Vorici

quote:

Vaal Spark has been nerfed in almost every way possible.

in which Chris is blunt

quote:

The frequency with which Blade Vortex's can repeatedly hit the same enemy has been halved, but its damage and damage effectiveness have been doubled.

RIP. I guess that resolves the debate over how they'd nerf it. My speculation in Voll's Protectors has not paid off :(

quote:

Taste of Hate now only makes you take 20% of physical damage as cold damage. It now adds 20-30% of physical as cold, rather than always 30%.
Vessel of Vinktar has been reduced to 20% Life and Mana leech. It no longer grants "Leech applies instantly during Flask effect". It also consumes more charges when used, so you cannot use the flask twice per fill any more.

RIP

quote:

At level 8, Zana missions are now Tier 11 (monster level 78) and she sells Tier 10 maps.

!

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Whirling Blades is now 10% slower.

DOH!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Consuming Dark is now 50%

So enjoy using two in order to get 100% fire->chaos.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I mean, Vinktar's got destroyed, but Taste of Hate is still fantastic even doing 20% conversion to cold.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

AegisP posted:

I mean, Vinktar's got destroyed, but Taste of Hate is still fantastic even doing 20% conversion to cold.

Vinktar's is still beyond insane as long as you have Vaal Pact, but not nearly as good without it.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
The vaal spark patchnote made me laugh, they took the chainsaw to it and really want you to know :v:

edit:

quote:

The Fracturing end-game Map Mod can no longer be generated on maps. Existing maps with this mod will still retain their functionality.

RIP servermeltingly awesome times :(

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 3, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Cinara posted:

Vinktar's is still beyond insane as long as you have Vaal Pact, but not nearly as good without it.

It was one of two was to get instant mana leech, the other being acuity. So its still very good, but not insane.

GGG posted:

Divine Orbs are required to update the following to their new values: All craftable Jewel mods which grant Critical Strike Multiplier, Facebreaker, Marylene's Fallacy, Fragment of Eternity (the Descent: Champions Unique), Bino's Kitchen Knife, Romira's Banquet, Shadows and Dust, Ungil's Harmony, Eclipse Solaris, Death's Harp, Mortem Morsu, The Goddess Scorned and Abyssus.

Can't divine a mirrored item. drat my expensive bow.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

nightwisher posted:

RIP servermeltingly awesome times :(

This is such a good change, every map I lost to crashes in 2.1 was a fracture map.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Crit multi on Maligaro's Virtuosity and magic/rare item mods nerfed by 33%, all other sources of crit multi have been adjusted to be the same as before.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

funmanguy posted:

This is such a good change, every map I lost to crashes in 2.1 was a fracture map.

Very true, but there was something so satisfying about using poison prolif on a fracture map.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Safari Disco Lion posted:

This is what I came up with in a few minutes, haven't really combed over it yet. I got Alchemist because I'm a sucker for flask nodes early on while levelling and Mind Barrier as the only shield node, particularly because the ES bonus is nice and this is set up as hybrid life/ES. Tempted by Deflection though for the block recovery.

I'm going pure life, no interest in ES because Cybil's and Bone Offering both recover into the life pool.

I'm using this (copy and paste into the 2.2 offline tree planner):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...ZNh4iaVFr91_YRv

Since I'm getting pseudo max block, I felt like going full crit.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

I'm going pure life, no interest in ES because Cybil's and Bone Offering both recover into the life pool.

I'm using this (copy and paste into the 2.2 offline tree planner):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...ZNh4iaVFr91_YRv

Since I'm getting pseudo max block, I felt like going full crit.

Oh, true. And I could throw in Hatred for some good damage and a source of freeze. Hm.

You'll pry Alchemist out of my cold dead hands though. :colbert:

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008
They nerfed poison in the exact wrong way, incredible. Double dipping builds are still gonna be almost as broken as before, while phys builds using poison as intended get shafted.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
lmao:

stanislaus posted:

They nerfed poison in the exact wrong way, incredible. Double dipping builds are still gonna be almost as broken as before, while phys builds using poison as intended get shafted.

I agree, really weird choice. I might not actually make a viper strike character this league, though the poison support gem nerfs don't effect it atleast.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
The poison nerf is only impactful if the support gem is the only thing that was scaling your DoT. If you were running it in a trapper build (that gets more than 300% increased trap damage), the gem dropping from a 120% increase to a 38% increase at level 20 isn't that terrible.

On it's own without any other modifiers though, it's nearly half as effective as it used to be. I'd say it isn't worth using unless it benefits from the same scaling as your primary damage (trap, mine, totem, minion, area, projectile, or chaos).

I'd really like to make poison shockwave totem work, but totem damage nodes are awful.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 3, 2016

Hauki
May 11, 2010

= nugi * :chloe:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
wrap it up folks, the most powerful ever build possible has been created

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Too bad they didn't change curse immunity map mods, oh well.

EDIT: I missed nugi's facial expression there, lol.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Ekster posted:

Too bad they didn't change curse immunity map mods, oh well.

Yea I was really hoping for a change to curses, really kills a lot of Occultist for me.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

wrap it up folks, the most powerful ever build possible has been created

Can't wait for the next expansion where it's revealed that all of the events in Wraeclast were a Crab People conspiracy.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
How does the crab build synergise with the tricorne meta?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Cinara posted:

Yea I was really hoping for a change to curses, really kills a lot of Occultist for me.

You can be pretty sure that if they change curses again it wont be buffing them. Curses are insanely strong, and have been repeatedly nerfed allready.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Budgie posted:

How does the crab build synergise with the tricorne meta?

Tricorn meta is dead. As it should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

TheRat posted:

You can be pretty sure that if they change curses again it wont be buffing them. Curses are insanely strong, and have been repeatedly nerfed allready.

Mostly it's the curse immune map mod, even if it was something like monsters can be affected by 1 fewer curse. Would be less crippling to people who want to build around curses.

• Locked thread