Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I know this is a longshot but my friend and I had our 3rd person for GPDC bail on us and we're not able to find a 3rd locally. Anyone going and looking for a team? We are both SUPER mediocre but it might be fun...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Foreskin Problems posted:

Oubliette being listed for 99$ makes me realize wanting pauper to be more popular was one of those monkey paw things :smith:

There aren't that many cards like Oubliette in Pauper. In fact it's basically the only one off the top of my head, and it's not even really super necessary it's just very strong with Grey Merchant.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

rabidsquid posted:

There aren't that many cards like Oubliette in Pauper. In fact it's basically the only one off the top of my head, and it's not even really super necessary it's just very strong with Grey Merchant.

LOL Anyone want to buy 2?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Angry Grimace posted:

It would mostly be funny as a way to murder Jace, Vryn's Prodigy.

gently caress, I want a Moonmist reprint in standard with the Origins flipwalkers.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

rabidsquid posted:

Journey to Nowhere and Oblivion Ring are both commons, and I know journey sees some play I can't say I have ever seen an o-ring ever in pauper.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Bugsy posted:

Journey to Nowhere and Oblivion Ring are both commons, and I know journey sees some play I can't say I have ever seen an o-ring ever in pauper.

They're also white.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Oubliette being listed for 99$ makes me realize wanting pauper to be more popular was one of those monkey paw things :smith:

Paper or online?

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

mcmagic posted:

LOL Anyone want to buy 2?

Agreed - I'll gladly trade my oubliette for $80 worth of cards.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

jassi007 posted:

Paper or online?

Paper. Version 1 of oubliette right now is selling for $40, version two has some lightly played copies at $17+ shipping and then like 6 other damaged or heavily played copies at similar costs.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Entropic posted:

gently caress, I want a Moonmist reprint in standard with the Origins flipwalkers.

I love Moonmist in general. I have a casual werewolf/wolf deck and moonmist is great fun when you have a couple of werewolves in play and get to slaughter everyone one combat thanks to moonmist.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bugsy posted:

Unfortunately neither of those are black cards with two devotion symbols for Gray Merchant

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Gray Merchant may be my least favorite part of pauper. Countered for days, milled out, have all my permanents reality Acid'd or just fogged endlessly - no problem. But running gray merchants is so incredibly frustrating

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Was Pauper listed as a thing Eternal Masters was gonna "help" or was it just EDH/Cube that got that?

Maybe Oubliette will be in that. Probably not.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dehtraen posted:

Gray Merchant may be my least favorite part of pauper. Countered for days, milled out, have all my permanents reality Acid'd or just fogged endlessly - no problem. But running gray merchants is so incredibly frustrating

He's a blowout but there is no more frustrating a card to play against than Chittering Rats. And they're in the same deck, wow! Fun!

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
God, you guys are making want to build MBC in Pauper.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Attorney at Funk posted:

God, you guys are making want to build MBC in Pauper.

At least the deck can actually kill people now. Remember when the stock list tried to kill people with, like, Phyrexian Rager and Chittering Rats and everything else in the deck was 2 for 1s and removal?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

You know the feeling when you peel 3 Garys in a row to steal a game? Its a good feeling.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Did someone say they were going to the Magic Madhouse London event on Saturday? I'm thinking about it but £35 is a lot for a constructed event where you don't even get a mat. I know people are balking at £45 for GP Manchester.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Pauper Soul Sisters is amazing to play

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Meh, maybe not.

I am rooting for regular old flip Walker.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 3, 2016

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent
Does anyone else think it's possible she could be Naya colors? Green seems likely, and they mentioned she had some sort of Goldnight background.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

standard.deviant posted:

Does anyone else think it's possible she could be Naya colors? Green seems likely, and they mentioned she had some sort of Goldnight background.

GW human side GR wolf side

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Went 0-3 playing UB mill at Modern night. The deck relies on fetches for your Traps, and I play Elves, green stomps, and mono black vampires. Even with four Ghost Quarter, after game one they let you waste their land so you don't get anything. At least two of the matches were competitive.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Oubliette reprint in Eternal Masters???

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Necronomicon posted:

Oubliette reprint in Eternal Masters???

I've seen people say this and I don't think it's something wizards would do, given all the weird text on oubliette. It's a very wordy, complicated version if journey to nowhere. An updated version at common in a supplemental set would be nice though.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Elyv posted:

At least the deck can actually kill people now. Remember when the stock list tried to kill people with, like, Phyrexian Rager and Chittering Rats and everything else in the deck was 2 for 1s and removal?

Some of my favorite pauper decks won the game swinging with Sea Gate Oracle and Mulldrifter. Also those same Ragers and Rats.

I guess you don't even want to know how many Enchantress games I won just swinging with Cloud of Faeries/Eternal Witness/Eidolon of Blossoms

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I've seen people say this and I don't think it's something wizards would do, given all the weird text on oubliette. It's a very wordy, complicated version if journey to nowhere. An updated version at common in a supplemental set would be nice though.

They have a precedent of changing the wording on cards they reprint (see: Animate Dead). They can clean it up and be fine.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Oubliette is a very confusing card for most people. For instance, say I put Rancor on a 1/1 white Soldier token, then you Oubliette it. I disenchant the Oubliette. What happens?

Also, Oubliette doubles the counters on Skullbriar I believe.

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 3, 2016

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Oubliette goes to the graveyard, end of story?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Oubliette is a very confusing card for most people. For instance, say I put Rancor on a 1/1 white Soldier token, then you Oubliette it. I disenchant the Oubliette. What happens?

Also, Oubliette doubles the counters on Skullbriar I believe.

9/16/2007: If the targeted creature is a token, it will cease to exist after being exiled. Any Auras that were attached to it will remain exiled forever.

Read gatherer dude

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

En Fuego posted:

They have a precedent of changing the wording on cards they reprint (see: Animate Dead). They can clean it up and be fine.

They don't do functional errata, so the cleaned-up version will still include clauses about tracking auras and counters. If they reprinted it now it would presumably be with its current oracle text, which is actually slightly longer than the printed text.

It could only be really cleaned up if they introduced a keyword that could contract the text. Like, if they brought back phasing you could rewrite it "When Oubliette enters the battlefield, target creature phases out and doesn't phase back in as long as Oubliette is on the battlefield. When Oubliette leaves the battlefield, that creature phases in."

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
That countdown done yet?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
It seems like with the original wording it should use Banishing Light templating rather than Oblivion Ring, but I guess that makes the additional conditions even more complicated

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
I for one would love to see eternal masters have oubliette: it's a great flavor removal spell.

Wait, why do I care? I won't be buying any of this poo poo cause it's so loving expensive. Whatever.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The current Oracle text for Oubliette is just barely shorter than the oracle text for Animate Dead, and they printed that, so there's hope.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

If Oubliette is too complex for Eternal Masters then what set could they possibly reprint it in?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The eternal masters card list was definitely finalized way before Oubliette had this recent spike.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Last I knew Pauper isn't even a sanctioned format and wotc absolutely does not and should not give a gently caress about this 93-94 nonsense so it seems really unlikely that they'll ever reprint Oubliette.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

mcmagic posted:

The eternal masters card list was definitely finalized way before Oubliette had this recent spike.

I doubt it will be reprinted now but why would it be too complex for this set, which is what some people were saying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Here's a more important question: why would wotc care about reprinting Oubliette

• Locked thread