Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Speaking of which, our new masked friend is named after one of the stars in Serpens, so I guess we know who he works for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The first thing I thought of was the monk chakras, seven of light and seven of dark. It's probably not what it's referring to, but something related. Especially since monks and Ala Mhigo are probably going to be a big part of the next expansion.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I've heard about this Hildibrand a lot. When does that quest start? Because I made it to Ishgard last night and I've not seen the guy at all. It sounds pretty neat though.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

SonicRulez posted:

I've heard about this Hildibrand a lot. When does that quest start? Because I made it to Ishgard last night and I've not seen the guy at all. It sounds pretty neat though.

Starts in Ul'dah, not far from the Aetheryte Plaza. IIRC the start quest is called "A Gentleman Is, Rather Than Does".

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It's regrettably well-hidden as a consequence of the questgiver also having a level 1 quest on him. If you didn't start in Ul'Dah, it's real easy to straight-up miss the entire line.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Line Feed posted:

Starts in Ul'dah, not far from the Aetheryte Plaza. IIRC the start quest is called "A Gentleman Is, Rather Than Does".

I'm sure I can, but how on Earth am I allowed in Ul'dah right now? Even if they threw out "The commoners will never believe what they said about you" that sounds like I'd have Brass Blades and Crystal Braves on me within seconds.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You can actually talk to a lot of the guards, and they'll all say something along the lines of not wanting to turn you in either because they sympathize with you, or they're afraid of you.

Also be sure to talk to all the class trainers in Uldah. Especially the goldsmith guildmaster.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

SonicRulez posted:

I'm sure I can, but how on Earth am I allowed in Ul'dah right now? Even if they threw out "The commoners will never believe what they said about you" that sounds like I'd have Brass Blades and Crystal Braves on me within seconds.

Arresting you in public would probably look very bad for them. I mean they haven't even told the people that the Sultana is dead yet. They just told everyone that she's "sick".

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

SonicRulez posted:

If you were some random city guard would you try to arrest the unstoppable force of violence who casually slays gods for a living?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

ActionZero posted:

If you were some random city guard would you try to arrest the unstoppable force of violence who casually slays gods for a living?

The first mental phrase I utter whenever anyone asks my WoL something that might seem dangerous is 'I slay/have slain literal gods. BRING IT!'

It makes a lot of cutscenes a bit more hilarious than they are intended to be :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SonicRulez posted:

Basically: Almost everyone is covering for you because you're Beowulf meets Robin Hood.

That and because the plot to capture the Scions and pin the assassination on them largely failed, they're stuck claiming the Sultana is "sick". Claiming the WoL is a bad dude without being able to connect him to the Sultana's sickness doesn't jive well when you've saved literally every City-State multiple times. When Ilberd and Teledji failed to seal the deal on capturing the Scions, a large part of the plot kind of came undone is the point.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 3, 2016

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Evil Fluffy posted:

Come play FFRK, settle yourself in for when the FFT event starts in a few weeks and people whale for Ramza's SSB and fail to get it.

Hydaelyn and Zodiark are starting to give off a Preservation and Ruin vibe so I'm guessing this is etched in a sheet of metal.

OH gently caress YOU, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MENTION AN FFT EVENT.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
* gets new MAR leg armor *

Hell yeah, can't wait to look menacing

...oh

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

COOL CORN posted:

* gets new MAR leg armor *

Hell yeah, can't wait to look menacing

...oh

I don't see the problem.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I tried to play FFRK once but the constant constant constant load times in everything, including every single menu option, turned me off the game. :(

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SonicRulez posted:

In More Donuts, about halfway up the hill, there's a Crystal Brave. Talking with them should give you an idea why.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER
Had a really good NIN in my EXDR today:

500DPS. :negative:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
In case you missed it -

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

HelloPlatypus posted:

Had a really good NIN in my EXDR today:

500DPS. :negative:

What is good dps at max level? I'm used to WoW levels of exponential gain, but I feel like I'm doing at least 500dps at 44 as a BLM.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

synthetik posted:

What is good dps at max level? I'm used to WoW levels of exponential gain, but I feel like I'm doing at least 500dps at 44 as a BLM.

Depends on the encounter and gear level. ~1000 is solid for just hitting 60. 1700-1860 is what the top endgame folks are dropping on Hummelfaust at the moment.

500 at 44 would be hilariously broken or invalid, since level 50s were hitting 400+ in T13.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Fister Roboto posted:

You can actually talk to a lot of the guards, and they'll all say something along the lines of not wanting to turn you in either because they sympathize with you, or they're afraid of you.

Also be sure to talk to all the class trainers in Uldah. Especially the goldsmith guildmaster.

I missed talking to her because I only talked to the class trainers I actually worked with; what does she say?

(Also, Ywain is still the most useless class trainer. Thanks a lot for nothing, stick your lance up somewhere else.)

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 3, 2016

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So is there some kind of 'how to get started on parsing' guide somewhere? I haven't used it before but I figure since I'm sixty and about to join a savage/ex primals group I should see where I stand and try to figure out how to improve my rotation.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I missed talking to her because I only talked to the class trainers I actually worked with; what does she say?

(Also, Ywain is still the most useless class trainer. Thanks a lot for nothing, stick your lance up somewhere else.)

quote:

I've given thought to how we might distract your pursuers. Perhaps a mammet fashioned in your image which nods at regular intervals? No? Hmmm...I was rather proud of that idea...

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
does anyone pvp here? i've been getting wolves den pops lately and i'm getting aggravated as hell dealing with scholar/summoner combinations.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

does anyone pvp here? i've been getting wolves den pops lately and i'm getting aggravated as hell dealing with scholar/summoner combinations.

Target something else.
I wish I was being sarcastic but unless you have a few people silencing/stunning it's pain in the rear end to burn them down solo.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

isk posted:

Depends on the encounter and gear level. ~1000 is solid for just hitting 60. 1700-1860 is what the top endgame folks are dropping on Hummelfaust at the moment.

500 at 44 would be hilariously broken or invalid, since level 50s were hitting 400+ in T13.

It has to be aoe, but I don't think 500 dps at 44 would even be possible. Then again I just got out an AV as a WHM at 47 and a brief holy spam encounter parsed 300 dps so I guess fire ii spam could briefly spike at 500 with some lucky crits? I think I saw the parser display spike near 4k in a giant pull in an arboretum on my SMN with a 210 weapon and some nice crits on deathflare so you can see some ridiculous things.

Regardless, aoe doesn't count. All dps figures people use refer to single target dps.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Finally :unsmith:

I also love that the achievement for this is called Ichiban.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

There's one part of the whole Crystal Braves mutiny that I'm confused on: So you got Illberd, his deal is pretty straight forward. Then there's the Wood Wailer Laeren-something that can't stop betraying whatever organization he belongs in. But who's the Lalafel? I can't remember where he was introduced and suddenly he's doing all the talking whenever Illberd is too busy jerking off about Ala-Migho

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Cleared A5 before maint :toot:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SirPhoebos posted:

There's one part of the whole Crystal Braves mutiny that I'm confused on: So you got Illberd, his deal is pretty straight forward. Then there's the Wood Wailer Laeren-something that can't stop betraying whatever organization he belongs in. But who's the Lalafel? I can't remember where he was introduced and suddenly he's doing all the talking whenever Illberd is too busy jerking off about Ala-Migho

He appeared earlier during quests as a NPC, but he wasn't given a voice til HW.

Probably just 'random lackey'.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
The patch is out.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/d5d827c7993aa79fa99697e431d072223d83fe78

TLDR: Gobdips were meant to drop from A7S, not A8. It'll be fixed in this hotfix.

Also once you get to A7S, save your pages, you'll be able to buy dip with A7 pages soon but not right now.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I did it, I made a person on Excalibur. Take that, methotrexate nausea! :coffeepal:

Now to... do stuff.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Dely Apple, I sent your e-mail the spare XIV code I had. Sorry it took a while, I got a little pre-occupied with a few other things. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble to redeem it- I think I sent all of the required information.

If you want to add a friend code to get bonuses, I'll place mine right here: MQ84Z62J
I made the dumb mistake of sending one to myself, to test it out... and then there's a 3 hour wait before you can create another. This SA thread can explain more about redeeming it, provided you're interested. If not, hope you just enjoy the key.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Dely Apple posted:

I did it, I made a person on Excalibur. Take that, methotrexate nausea! :coffeepal:

Now to... do stuff.
Good job, you'll be glad you stuck it out. The massive goon presence is worth it, even if you have to jump through a few hoops to get onto Excalibur.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dely Apple posted:

Now to... do stuff.

Follow the procedure in the OP to create an account on the ffgoons website/forum, and then apply for PBC, DGKK, or TPT. Goons have done and are doing pretty much everything in the game, so if there is a part of the game you can't get past due to it being group content or whatever, we can slap together a party to do the thing.

Also terrible goony in-jokes and other crap.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

I really would have liked to have played FFRK, but I don't have a smart phone. Would have been nice if they would have also released that on 3DS or Vita or something, but I guess it just wouldn't lend itself well to handhelds?

SirPhoebos posted:

That's Yuyuhase, and I believe he was the commander of one of the Crystal Brave sects. When you talk with him, each time he likes to make it perfectly clear that his every action is in response to being paid with cold hard gil. He'll slit his mama's throat for a nickle, which is perfect for people like Teledji-Adeledji, Lolorito, and by association, Ilberd. He has an interesting sense of humor, too- before the betrayal, I liked a lot of the different interactions I had with Yuyuhase. Now I just want revenge after everything involving the Bloody Banquet and Wilred... :smith:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

The Grimace posted:

I really would have liked to have played FFRK, but I don't have a smart phone. Would have been nice if they would have also released that on 3DS or Vita or something, but I guess it just wouldn't lend itself well to handhelds?

That's Yuyuhase, and I believe he was the commander of one of the Crystal Brave sects. When you talk with him, each time he likes to make it perfectly clear that his every action is in response to being paid with cold hard gil. He'll slit his mama's throat for a nickle, which is perfect for people like Teledji-Adeledji, Lolorito, and by association, Ilberd. He has an interesting sense of humor, too- before the betrayal, I liked a lot of the different interactions I had with Yuyuhase. Now I just want revenge after everything involving the Bloody Banquet and Wilred... :smith:

The saddest part of the 3.2 update was one of the scions wondering where Wilred was and looking forward to seeing him again.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I'm still on a trial, I guess I can't join yet. I don't get paid until Friday! :v:

At least you can reasonably exist until 20 on a trial.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Huh, thought they might allow adding the full code while on a trial. Oh well, I think it will add up to ~50 days of free game time this way, so it works out.

Eopia posted:

The saddest part of the 3.2 update was one of the scions wondering where Wilred was and looking forward to seeing him again.

Yeah, that hit me. He was drunk off his rear end, too. I've gotta wonder if he knew and he was just letting the alcohol sweep him away to forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Oh! I should check my mail more often. Thanks! I used your RaF code in the OP of this thread (9CU22R9Q).

Dely Apple fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Mar 3, 2016

• Locked thread