Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Jewel Repetition posted:

Why didn't he tell anyone about the bugs?

Likely because he was still on the job. Hank might be a lot of things, but the boy's got a hell of a work ethic. He kept serving hoagies and lemonade during a supervillain riot, dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
uhh Lowtax is obviously the sovereign

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lowtax is a level 2, 3 at best

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Likely because he was still on the job. Hank might be a lot of things, but the boy's got a hell of a work ethic. He kept serving hoagies and lemonade during a supervillain riot, dammit!

Also, because its only been a few hours. This whole season is, what, two weeks worth of events?

Manolo is definitely doing quality work.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Red posted:

The not-Avengers had him outnumbered, three to one. Four if you count Night Dick showing up.

Brock is still Brock, he's just preoccupied with a woman.

yup

if shoreleave and gary were backing brock up, it would have been a way different outcome.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Was rewatching Faking Miracles and noticed a detail:

Radical left is wearing an armband with a Revenge Society logo on it during the council meeting at Wide Wale's.

Intorduced in an insane asylum, then he escaped and became a member of The Revenge Society, and now he's a member of the Guild's Council of Thirteen. Guy's moving up in the world.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
I'm assuming they're not letting just anyone join the Council of 13. This leads me to believe that there's a lot more to Radical Left than just his pun-nished personality and look (and the associated reference to Twoface from Batman).

Sure, maybe at this moment there's not much else to him, but in 10 years when we've had 2 more seasons to get to know him, I bet he'll have filled out evlishly.

I'm a little sad that Plugface hasn't been in on the action, actually. He's one of my favorite background villains.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Maybe Torrid will crawl back out of Hell as some kind of demonic emissary. :v:

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch's other emails:

Ward (GCI Admin) - Is this someone's juice box? (attached picture)
Watch (GCI Admin) - Who took my juice box?
Monarch - We are out of TP- please get on way home
CopyCat - A little birdy told me... (unread)
GCI Admin - Meteor Majeure scheduled maintenence
Dot Comm - Any news about my application?
Phantom Limb - That bolognese recipe I told you about.
Nutri-Produx - Exciting news about vitamin products (unread)
Dragoon - Wolves after me, please advise
Red Mantle - Ignore Dragoon's previous email
GCI Admin - You have nearly exceeded your cloud storage.

It is kind of funny that she and Phantom Limb have not commented at all on the fact that their last interaction was him kidnapping her from her wedding.

Avasculous fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 3, 2016

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
they're professionals

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
the Guild and stuff like the emails has always struck me as especially funny because my ISP is the "GCI"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Four Score posted:

the Guild and stuff like the emails has always struck me as especially funny because my ISP is the "GCI"

How's the customer service? They given you any pens?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Red/Dragoon are also doing a pro job of not casting some sort of weird spell or straight up murdering Phantom Limb as well, all things considered.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Four Score posted:

Alaska?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Lobe posted:

How's the customer service? They given you any pens?

No, but for some reason they sent me a jug of someone's blood and a very nice card?

Yep!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

tarlibone posted:

I'm assuming they're not letting just anyone join the Council of 13. This leads me to believe that there's a lot more to Radical Left than just his pun-nished personality and look (and the associated reference to Twoface from Batman).

Sure, maybe at this moment there's not much else to him, but in 10 years when we've had 2 more seasons to get to know him, I bet he'll have filled out evlishly.

Eh, they probably just like doing his voices. He's another duo for them.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Angular Landbury posted:

Red/Dragoon are also doing a pro job of not casting some sort of weird spell or straight up murdering Phantom Limb as well, all things considered.

It kind of amuses me how quick the Revenge Society thing has been just quietly and conviniently forgotten.

I'm still hoping see see even a quck cameo of Impossible though, unless he's gone back to his shut in ways. In space.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

It kind of amuses me how quick the Revenge Society thing has been just quietly and conviniently forgotten.

I'm still hoping see see even a quck cameo of Impossible though, unless he's gone back to his shut in ways. In space.

thought everyone buried the hatchet at the proposal of becoming the new guild 13.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tarlibone posted:

I'm a little sad that Plugface hasn't been in on the action, actually. He's one of my favorite background villains.

PostNouveau posted:

Eh, they probably just like doing his voices. He's another duo for them.

It's entirely possible you're right, but I would like to see a little more of him as well. It's not that I want an episode of Radical Left backstory, but it feels like they kind of ran out of ideas about what to with his gimmick beyond the original jokes they wrote for him in Momma's Boys.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

AkumaHokoru posted:

thought everyone buried the hatchet at the proposal of becoming the new guild 13.

They did, but I remain skeptical as they are freaking super villains.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Cernunnos posted:

Was rewatching Faking Miracles and noticed a detail:

Radical left is wearing an armband with a Revenge Society logo on it during the council meeting at Wide Wale's.

I hope that's not a mourning armband for the lost members of the Revenge Society. Fat Choice is still out there somewhere, I know it.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

SeanBeansShako posted:

They did, but I remain skeptical as they are freaking super villains.

Dr. Mrs. The Blue Morpho has usually shown herself to be very pragmatic, and the Guild is in a very difficult position. She literally can't afford to piss off Phantom Limb because he could totally gently caress up the Guild, or at least her position in it. So it seems quite reasonable to me that she would let bygones be bygones until she has the luxury of performing a... heh... amputation.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We're all giddy to see how Blue Morpho messes up this fragile just recently put together new Guild.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So, am I the only Greek mythology nerd that is way too happy Warriana calls Brock "Heracles"? That little nerd inside screams every time I see Hercules in Greek mythology movies/comics/etc. HERCULES IS ROMAN DAMMIT YOU DON'T CALL ZEUS JUPITER DO YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Medullah posted:

ZEUS JUPITER

You mean *Dyēus ph2ter right

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
"Heracles" was nice, but "Gargarian" was some next-level poo poo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
"Son of a gorgon" is pretty good as well.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Medullah posted:

So, am I the only Greek mythology nerd that is way too happy Warriana calls Brock "Heracles"? That little nerd inside screams every time I see Hercules in Greek mythology movies/comics/etc. HERCULES IS ROMAN DAMMIT YOU DON'T CALL ZEUS JUPITER DO YOU

Um but Zeus was Captain Sunshine all along?

e: I'm irrationally angry that the top-rated YouTube comment for the clip where Monarch gets back after Sunshine literally threw him in prison misquotes the Monarch as saying "gallant salute". It's "a gay little salute", gently caress I know it can be hard to catch everything being said in this show sometimes but that isn't even close. And when they're called on it they're like "yeah that sounds more like something the Monarch would say but it's still gallant" gently caress

Four Score fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Mar 4, 2016

Fluorescent
Jun 5, 2011

재미있는 한국어.

Medullah posted:

I cracked up when Warriana called Think Tank a "son of a gorgon."

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Four Score posted:

Um but Zeus was Captain Sunshine all along?

e: I'm irrationally angry that the top-rated YouTube comment for the clip where Monarch gets back after Sunshine literally threw him in prison misquotes the Monarch as saying "gallant salute". It's "a gay little salute", gently caress I know it can be hard to catch everything being said in this show sometimes but that isn't even close. And when they're called on it they're like "yeah that sounds more like something the Monarch would say but it's still gallant" gently caress

Get they're clones

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
"Git, they're clones."

Brock is sometimes unpleasant, so Doc calls him a git. He also helpfully reminds Brock that the boys are clones.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

the clone repository is on github

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Avasculous posted:

Dr. Mrs. The Monarch's other emails:

Ward (GCI Admin) - Is this someone's juice box? (attached picture)
Watch (GCI Admin) - Who took my juice box?
Monarch - We are out of TP- please get on way home
CopyCat - A little birdy told me... (unread)
GCI Admin - Meteor Majeure scheduled maintenence
Dot Comm - Any news about my application?
Phantom Limb - That bolognese recipe I told you about.
Nutri-Produx - Exciting news about vitamin products (unread)
Dragoon - Wolves after me, please advise
Red Mantle - Ignore Dragoon's previous email
GCI Admin - You have nearly exceeded your cloud storage.

It is kind of funny that she and Phantom Limb have not commented at all on the fact that their last interaction was him kidnapping her from her wedding.

Kim DotCom would be an amazing member of the guild.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Kim DotCom would be an amazing member of the guild.

you've masturbated enough

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know why people want Kim back, she became all christiany.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Didnt even realize that was Triana's friend.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Dot Comm? It most likely isn't. Kim Dot Com is the guy the FBI stole that file sharing website from.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Yea so I'm guessing it would be a play on that. She even said she was interested in the guild in that one episode she was in.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Its too bad Shmorky's girlfriend is already arching Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Motherfucker posted:

Its too bad Shmorky's girlfriend is already arching Lowtax

Shmorky is the worst drat number 2, I swear.