Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So does the house have a ball pit room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

chitoryu12 posted:

The sheer amount of snacks on that wall would require him to just stick his mouth under the "faucet" and pour M&Ms directly into his stomach to eat it all before it goes bad or gets attacked by insects.

Ironically, it probably wouldn't have been a problem if he didn't live alone in the 13-bathroom mansion!

Someone with a lot of money being wasteful, you say! Perish the thought.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
That candy wall probably costs like $1,000/year to keep fresh and rotated. Those bins can be made to look like they hold more gummies than they really do.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Krispy Kareem posted:

That candy wall probably costs like $1,000/year to keep fresh and rotated. Those bins can be made to look like they hold more gummies than they really do.

Oh yea, I forgot about that display case trick. If you have a big clear cube thing that you want to appear full without actually being full, you can put a cube in it that's slightly smaller than the container and just fill it up around the sides and on top. I doubt he's actually done that though. Or, maybe the wall is full of that fake candy that's actually plastic, but I doubt that too.

I think the real answer is the simplest one. He took a picture of the candy wall when he first got it and it looked great and now it's either dusty and empty or full of spoiled candy and mouse turds.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Karma Monkey posted:

I still don't really get why Minecraft is so popular, but I don't want to derail this sweet thread with my noob gaming attitude.

Yea, that candy wall did look pretty awesome. Kinda sad that it's meant for visitors that he never has, but then again, I wonder if he just says it's for visitors rather than just admit he wanted a candy wall all for himself. I don't know how long I'd be willing to hang out with him just for candy though. Is he known for also having lots of alcohol and/or recreational drugs? Seems like if he had those, people would visit him more. Rich people with booze and drugs are seldom without mooching friends.

I assume, from his size, that he doesn't do drugs. Unfortunate, because that's a good use for such a pretty mansion.

He'll always have fans to come work for him on new projects-- look how bad Chris Roberts sucks, yet Bem Lesnick has loved his work forever and ended up working for him. I imagine ten years from now Notch will have people to help, just not people that paid attention to his previous shittiness.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 01:31 on Mar 3, 2016

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

FAROOQ posted:

If they wanted money from the sale, perhaps they should have tried owning part of what was being sold?

I think the money wasn't the main issue most of the employees had. I know there was at least one person who didn't accept Microsoft's pretty generous offer for staying on and left the company. Most of them simply felt betrayed. In addition to the three owners not telling anyone about the planned buy out except Jeb(who they also pressured in to not saying anything to anyone else,) Notch himself just acted like he had washed his hands of everything and left in the middle of the day, walking past everyone, and didn't even say anything. Jeb absolutely reviled the position he was put in by his bosses for all the undue stress on him.

The money just made Notch look like an even bigger rear end in a top hat though considering his total involvement with Minecraft had become barely worth mentioning at that point. Jeb absolutely should've gotten something besides just the three owners, in my opinion. He was incredibly critical to their success. The amount of work he put in to the game is astounding.

This video is three years old and shows a good deal of the total involvement people at Mojang had at Minecraft up until 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRjTyRly5WA

Skaw has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Mar 3, 2016

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Scathach posted:

I assume, from his size, that he doesn't do drugs. Unfortunate, because that's a good use for such a pretty mansion.

He'll always have fans to come work for him on new projects-- look how bad Chris Roberts sucks, yet Bem Lesnick has loved his work forever and ended up working for him. I imagine ten years from now Notch will have people to help, just not people that paid attention to his previous shittiness.

That's going to reduce his pool of potential candidates and make it far harder for him to put together a good team. Reputation means a ton and then there's that silly bell curve thing; if you reduce your potential pool of employees you end up with a lower likelihood of getting good people. A great many people would see Notch on a project and just go "lolnope" without some sort of ironclad contract that doesn't allow for Hollywood accounting.

Aside from that the fact that he did that once makes him more likely to do it again. Being a good boss is a skill that, from the sounds of things, he just plain doesn't have.

Corley
Feb 2, 2010

Red is an acquaintance of mine who posts "woe is me, I'm single" nice guy stuff and rants about his ex all the time. He changed his profile picture today and this masterpiece ensued.

He's been posting flirty stuff on my statuses lately, lucky me.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What the gently caress is wrong with that dude

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Drop that zero and get yourself a hero, girl. (is blue single!???)

Corley
Feb 2, 2010

I am not sure, she's a random lady I don't know who was trying to be nice and got hit with a wall of crazy.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Corley posted:

Red is an acquaintance of mine who posts "woe is me, I'm single" nice guy stuff and rants about his ex all the time. He changed his profile picture today and this masterpiece ensued.

Hot drat, that is a big square of crazy.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVJ9tOL28Qw

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014
The candy room is staffed, maintained, and temperature controlled. The house also came with a roomful of exotic cars if the articles around the time of the sale are to be believed. For a time, parties at Notch's house were apparently the place to be for Hollywood celebs, judging by the sheer amount of celebrity Instagram selfies in that goddamn candy room. Unsurprisingly, Notch wasn't in any of them.

E: forgot to mention the candy room came with the house, along with an absolutely massive amount of wine and spirits.

Desk Lamp has a new favorite as of 03:10 on Mar 3, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Desk Lamp posted:

The candy room is staffed, maintained, and temperature controlled. The house also came with a roomful of exotic cars if the articles around the time of the sale are to be believed. For a time, parties at Notch's house were apparently the place to be for Hollywood celebs, judging by the sheer amount of celebrity Instagram selfies in that goddamn candy room. Unsurprisingly, Notch wasn't in any of them.

It's got to be weird when your house is more liked, popular and well known than you are.

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

Lady Naga posted:

For all of Notch's problems I wouldn't think a wall of snacks would be such a contentious issue. The dude likes eating snacks and he probably has someone to maintain the thing so who gives a poo poo?

It's not really that big a deal, it's more emblematic than anything. Like a giant wall-mounted fedora, to complement his actual fedora.

e:

Nuebot posted:

It's got to be weird when your house is more liked, popular and well known than you are.

We could always ask Grover what that's like.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Corley posted:

Oh god please post the links to his music...

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

I have so many questions

Corley
Feb 2, 2010

Scarf posted:

Oh god please post the links to his music...

If I could without doxing him, I would.

As a consolation, here is his post from valentines day (when he also changed his relationship status to "widowed" where it remains)

And someone trying to be nice again

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Doakes posted:

Lots of these aren't even true right? I cant see anything about Sandler online, and Stallone was clearly taking the piss in this article: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/11/sylvester-stallone-i-love-donald-trump/

Sandler will vote for who ever is the republican nominee. He's a life long republican. I am guessing because he is rich and has been from a young age.

The source sucks but I forget where you look up the registered voters of cali at. http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/top-hollywood-republican-celebrities/2015/02/10/id/623957/

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Corley posted:

Did he seriously try to use the "This was a social experiment" excuse for something other than being a shitbird and trying to get away with it?

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003

I really need some context here.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

PowderKeg posted:

I think it's showing how unsexy that guy is because he's loosely holding a baby in waist-deep open water with a shotgun casually slung near its face. "Don't be like this guy, be a Sexy, Good Dad"

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

Lest we forget the sort of incredible manchild Notch is:

70 million dollar house. Candy wall.

I have that same yellow M&M in my room, I use it as a coat rack

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Corley posted:

I also really wanna see this profile pic.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

PowderKeg posted:

sexiness is subjective and different people have different perceptions of it?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

PowderKeg posted:

Some women get really hot for reckless inbred hicks. I know a bunch of hot, professional women who love the skinny, eminem like, white trash kids.

e: as they say, the heart wants what it wants.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Blue is my cousin, I couldn't tell you who any of the other people are beyond some folks. Is it just me or do these "OMG OUR YOUTH IS CLUELESS!" videos always pop up every year there's a presidential election?

EDIT: This was probably asked a while ago but is it just me or does Social Fixer no longer work with Firefox?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

"The only people who should vote for this candidate are poors!"

*doesnt realize that the supposedly ideal "diamond" of wealth distribution is pretty much collapsed into a pyramid*, and that's actually a pretty good base to appeal to*

*maybe a thumbtack

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

PowderKeg posted:

Well, here's the thing.

As someone with a father who was really abusive and not much of a "dad", I 100% get what they're trying to say. Guys who are there for their family are super awesome.

The wading through a swamp with a baby in one hand and a gun in the other as the idealistic father with no real context other than redneckery is definitely kind of weird though.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

At a minimum that baby should have hearing protecton. That is a weirdly staged photograph just for the sake of making redneckthingsplusbaby.jpg.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

This is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc

It's incredibly annoying.

the ideas aren't terrible, but the narrators speech is loving awful

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
The duck is right behind you dude. Maybe you'd be better at killing ducks if you didn't carry a baby everywhere.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Otisburg posted:

"The only people who should vote for this candidate are poors!"

*doesnt realize that the supposedly ideal "diamond" of wealth distribution is pretty much collapsed into a pyramid*, and that's actually a pretty good base to appeal to*

*maybe a thumbtack

As far as I know, he mostly supports himself with day trading. Every few days he posts about how great his pips are doing or something.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

PowderKeg posted:

The real question is where's that kid's earpro? Good dad my rear end.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TheDon01 posted:

The real question is where's that kid's earpro? Good dad my rear end.

Maybe it's actually someone else's kid and that baby just shoved his baby over at daycare.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Otisburg posted:

*maybe a thumbtack

OK this was legitimately funny (and sad).

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

SpliffClavin posted:

The duck is right behind you dude. Maybe you'd be better at killing ducks if you didn't carry a baby everywhere.

He's not hunting ducks, he's hunting babies.

You've heard of duck calls, right? Same principal. You play with the baby and he makes cute noises which attract other babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

The wading through a swamp with a baby in one hand and a gun in the other as the idealistic father with no real context other than redneckery is definitely kind of weird though.

I see it all the time on Facebook, I grew up in a very rural area and lots of people have latched onto redneckery as their only real identity. It's a constant stream of poo poo like a picture of a super nice cabin with "share if you'd rather live here than in the city" or a bonfire with "share if you'd rather do this than go to a nightclub". Since rural communities have been slowly drying up and blowing away their whole lives I guess they feel like their identity is threatened.

The weirdest for me are the posts about cowboys mixed in. I grew up in Michigan and our rednecks are way more like Canadian ones than Texans. The cliche is a guy in flannel, a tchook, jeans and drunkenly careening down deer trails on a snowmobile, none of which is all that cowboy-ish. I guess it's a bit like Canadian and Australian racists posting American right wing memes, domestic meme production isn't prolific enough so they need to get it elsewhere.