Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ap0calyps3
May 14, 2009

Probad posted:

I didn't see your whisper when I got on this morning (I was AFK-fishing through the night), so I tried to send you a friend request. Let me know if you didn't get it. In the meantime you can head over to our forums to get registered there and get access to our custom-tailored VOIP system.

Cool, Ill sign up at SFD after work (I'm in Australia timezone).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
If I don't have PMs on here, what would be the best way to get a 7-day pass, if someone was willing to share?

NeoSanguine
Jan 7, 2015

This is my swamp.
I just want my pre-order items... Well really, I just want my persian cat.

NeoSanguine fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 3, 2016

Talula
Jul 3, 2007
t(^,^t)

LumberingTroll posted:

GoonTang now has 5 more open slots in the guild (limit is 80 right now)

If there is a slot left, I'd like to join. My character's name is Liebre, and I'll be poking around Balenos 2 for a few more hours. Failing that, the family name is Sabia. Thanks.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
we cannot send invite, you need to send us a /w in game. I recommend using mumble.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
you also need to be in the correct channel to receive an invite. Make sure you're in Balenos 2

Minsky
May 23, 2001

All of the pvp videos and the crafting gets me interested in playing this game, but most of the twitch streams of people at high level are them farming the same monster camp for rare gear drops which doesn't look very appealing at all.

Talula
Jul 3, 2007
t(^,^t)

LumberingTroll posted:

we cannot send invite, you need to send us a /w in game. I recommend using mumble.

lewtt posted:

you also need to be in the correct channel to receive an invite. Make sure you're in Balenos 2

My bad, I was expecting a PM. I'm in the correct channel, but I'll see if I can get mumble sorted as well. Thanks.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Anybody have good builds on Valkyries yet?

warcraft_boyfriend_99
Aug 12, 2007

by Pragmatica
I will be starting on Orwin in the morning, I have a friend on there. looking forward to getting stuck in the splinter guild!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
There is maintenance this morning for 6 hours, and this is their first live maintenance. This may go over schedule.

They are removing preorder bonuses from people and reapplying them due to a snafu on their end where people could edit the html and use their preorder bonus system to get any item in the game including multiples of the same item.

As of now, there is no alt guild, but if we really need one I'll throw one up. This will be mainly an overflow guild so you guys can leave, wait a day, and get invited into the main guild as time goes on.

I think the main guild has room right now, and if they don't give them a few hours when people are on and they will get more skill points. They are at a capacity of 85 ish people right now with the max capacity being 100.

housemaster!!1
Oct 6, 2015

DUNT 4GEHT 2 FLAAHP UR ARRMAZ
is there an euro goon guild?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Ugh longest maintenance of my life.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
guild cap is at 85. got one person on backlog and two extra spaces

I'm going to start sending out contract updates regularly, meaning you actually get to see the benefit of slaving over 35 mackerels and all the prior tree murder. the game auto sets limits of max guild pay based on your personal contribution, which you mainly get through participating in guild missions

I'm also going to put up a thread in PGS regarding trial keys once I see them activated in preorder bonuses, so don't post them in here

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

lewtt posted:

I'm going to start sending out contract updates regularly, meaning you actually get to see the benefit of slaving over 35 mackerels and all the prior tree murder. the game auto sets limits of max guild pay based on your personal contribution, which you mainly get through participating in guild missions

I'm also going to put up a thread in PGS regarding trial keys once I see them activated in preorder bonuses, so don't post them in here

If I could get one of those two extras, I was afk when you guys finished up the quest and forgot to ask, but I'll be around mumble a bunch of the day tomorrow starting earlyish.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I made it to level 15 this evening on Hucklebuk. Its nice listening to goons game over mumble again, I haven't heard that in a while.

ln206
Sep 29, 2014
What do I do now? Going back to coding and scratch my head..NOOO

Ap0calyps3
May 14, 2009

No way, waited all day to play, get home, and its maintenance. This is almost tantric.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ap0calyps3 posted:

No way, waited all day to play, get home, and its maintenance. This is almost tantric.

Same. This is the first MMO I've played in ages I actually look forward to play just to gently caress about and explore the world.

It's neat.

Obviously this honeymoon period will wear off and I'll be all "arglebargle gently caress everything" in due time, but for now I'm happy with it.

Ap0calyps3
May 14, 2009

So many activities, and while they arent as "fun" as the combat, they are still interesting and entertaining. welp, guess i have a few hours to cut down my tv show backlog

Ap0calyps3 fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Mar 3, 2016

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Friend messaged me over steam telling me this is out >< I played maybe an hour of the first ctb, I dled the 2nd and never logged in.

I assume im still going to be able to have fun when i eventually log in right?
How is the farming/trade running? I didnt quite make it to that first time around.

Ap0calyps3
May 14, 2009

I am staying away from guides at this point, Its pretty fun discovering the different activities. Trading looks like it would be fun with a bunch of horses and a wagon. Haven't tried farming.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Now that the headstart stuff is over, would anyone be willing to drop some info on the difference between the $30 and $50 packages? Is a tier 3 horse, horse flute, and my choice of pet going to really give me twenty dollars of an advantage over other dudes?

Game looks fun for an actiony game. I honestly know nothing at all about this other than what's been said in this thread which is infinitely more information I could gather from their website/forums. How many of you are planning on PVPing in this? Other than guild wars and castle sieges, this doesn't seem to be made as a kill man simulator. What are your experiences so far?

Givin fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Mar 3, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Givin posted:

Now that the headstart stuff is over, would anyone be willing to drop some info on the difference between the $30 and $50 packages? Is a tier 3 horse, horse flute, and my choice of pet going to really give me twenty dollars of an advantage over other dudes?

Game looks fun for an actiony game. I honestly know nothing at all about this other than what's been said in this thread which is infinitely more information I could gather from their website/forums. How many of you are planning on PVPing in this? Other than guild wars and castle sieges, this doesn't seem to be made as a kill man simulator. What are your experiences so far?

I have yet to even ride my tier 5 horse because I'm more concerned with building stamina up. You can auto path to a lot of places if you want to tab out and do something else anyway but I can see speed being pretty useful in an open PVP endgame zone eventually.

The pets are more fun than useful (the auto looting is way too slow for my liking) but I like my orange cat a lot. It even climbs on your shoulders if you AFK a bit :v:

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Givin posted:

No its not worth it is the basic answer.
You will basically never use the horse flute and the majority of the time running everywhere is a better thing so you can build your stamina up. ( and it's not that hard to breed a t3 horse in game)

For $8-9 you can just buy the pet which is really the only useful part of the $50 pack.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Oh and about the pvp thing, you can only pvp past level 45 which takes a decent amount of time and only a few goons are currently that high.

I think the total pvp experience of the game so far is one goon being ganked by randoms while grinding mobs and some war declarations which resulted in 0 deaths and 0 kills.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
There is so much poo poo to do that endgame PVP zones can wait.

Much like we're waiting for the servers to come back, fingers crossed that whatever they're doing to their database works. (it probably will I guess)

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Givin posted:

Pet: Is useful but being extremely limited with inventory space makes it extremely annoying sometimes. That being said- In the long run you will want three.
Horse: Doesn't matter in the slightest
Character Slot: Is easily the most useful thing. Alts in this game are basically "OP".
Horse Whistle: This is pretty useful but not a requirement.

Basically for me the $50 package amounted to the Character slot and the Pet. Overall it's worth it.

quote:

Is this game fun

Yeah it's pretty good. It's also very well made in ways you couldn't even imagine. It doesn't scream half assed like most other MMO's do. There's still bugs and issues, but they're very surface level rather than being deep in-grain problems.

hobocrunch fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 3, 2016

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Could I have a trial code please?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Angrymog posted:

lewtt posted:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Angrymog posted:

I'm clicking guest pass (7 days) "available" on my account page and nothing is happening.

I think the server maintenance might be the cause? I don't know. Sorry, otherwise I'd have PM'd you one by now.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Oh I didn't see an extra character slot listed in the different packages and already bought the 30. How many characters can you make without buying additional ones?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Givin posted:

Oh I didn't see an extra character slot listed in the different packages and already bought the 30. How many characters can you make without buying additional ones?

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
So is this game good? Is it playable from Australia/nz? Is it fun?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

HardKase posted:

So is this game good? Is it playable from Australia/nz? Is it fun?

Play from Australia and it's just dandy.

Agonist
Jul 16, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

So the sorceror guide i read said Agerian is the armor I want to use and imrove to +15. I have Agerian green pieces at level 25 and I am getting blackstones, should I be upgrading those pieces with black stones or does the armor need improved by other means first?

Yes, do +5 for all pieces first. Don't go from green to blue until +15 is what I remember reading.

warcraft_boyfriend_99
Aug 12, 2007

by Pragmatica
maintenance has been extended by 2 hours.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Extend it for 12

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

xechostormx posted:

maintenance has been extended by 2 hours.
And so it begins. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

kalstrams posted:

And so it begins. :allears:

I personally blame Lemonking.