Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Man if there was a legit guide on how to make a hitbox from parts that I could find easily I might actually do it.
Things you need. 6-8 buttons for attacks (24mm or 30mm are fine), 4 for directions (probably want 30mm for thumb/jump, other directions can be either), 3 for start/select/PS (any random button is fine here). PCB (controller board, ideally with screwdown clamps if you don't know what you're doing). Thinnish Wire (so you don't end up dislodging even more things when you try to fix a button that broke). Box. Dremel (or drill, or even scissors if using a cardboard box, which isn't completely as bad as it sounds),
Make up a button layout and kinda draw outlines in sharpie. Drill/dremel holes till buttons fit. Put buttons in. Wire buttons to PCB. One of the button contacts for each button goes to the desired inut for that button on the PCB, the other wire you get to twist up with the other wires for all the other buttons, then attach those to the ground/GND slot. A button will not work if there isn't a direct metal line to the the destination, so if buttons stop working look at the connections. Connect USB cable in PCB.
Done!

(I could go into more detail if anybody is actually thinking about building one)

Lhet fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Artelier posted:

Bison I think is this game's equivalent of Spencer - really strong in the early lifespan but will settle into upper mid by the end.

Best thing to do against Bison is block, he doesn't have a lot of tools to open people up. If you fight against one and get the initiative stay in his face, his defensive options aren't too good either. He will have to block.

He's pretty easy to pick up though, and his damage his solid, and most importantly his walk forward animation is bawse.

Appearntly Capcom does want him to remain strong. As they want him to show his roots as a boss character that ate millions of quarters.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Man the music in Lair of the Four Kings is godlike. I hope in March's patch they let us choose music options

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Sigh. The late cancel just feels so gross. It feels like playing a music note late

Holy poo poo, double tapping makes the sbk bnb so much easier. I still can't practically use it because I can't start the down charge early enough when I'm actually moving around and poo poo, but I can feel this coming together in training mode now

e: i just went from being able to end the bnb with the lk sbk about 1/20 tries to doing 5 mk sbk enders in a row :staredog:

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 3, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Bison has a very good v-skill and v-reversal.

He's good but he's also just all round compete.

I feel like people almost over gush over him (and he's really good) as much as they underestimate birdie, who also has a poo poo load of good tools, but just has to stay in your head.

Those two build v skills easiest without just getting hit and have decent health to take some hits (bisons works on any attack not just fireballs, just gotta practice timing, and birdies bannas and cans should be used a ton, one of the few things that people in game have to block on wakeup when timed right), have multiple neutral defensive options and pretty decent oki and screwy normal tricks.

Bisons movement is hard to get used to but not bad.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Mar 3, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Thanks for being great Felica.

Edit: Oh it was Ryu talking.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
Considering alot of Bison's attacks are big burly moves but still manage to be safe, I wonder if he's going to start suffering when people begin abusing v-reversal alot more?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Has there been any sign of a patch coming soon? I'd like to reevaluate whether or not to buy the game, but release looked like a mess.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Corbeau posted:

Has there been any sign of a patch coming soon? I'd like to reevaluate whether or not to buy the game, but release looked like a mess.

Sometime this month is "the" patch that has the shop and challenge mode stuff and who knows what else.

Edit: Oh yeah, Alex!

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Puzzle Thing posted:

Considering alot of Bison's attacks are big burly moves but still manage to be safe, I wonder if he's going to start suffering when people begin abusing v-reversal alot more?
The problem is that unlike say, Chun Li, who can only stay safe with moves like EX Legs, Bison is always safe, all the time, unless he does a poorly spaced Inferno or slide. V-Reversal only keeps him out for so long, and you're forfeiting your comeback potential to do it.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

e: i just went from being able to end the bnb with the lk sbk about 1/20 tries to doing 5 mk sbk enders in a row :staredog:

Told ya, once you get it, it remains got.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Goodpart posted:

The problem is that unlike say, Chun Li, who can only stay safe with moves like EX Legs, Bison is always safe, all the time, unless he does a poorly spaced Inferno or slide.

I hate bison the most, because of this. As a Zangief player, it's really frustrating trying to get in on him.

Does pianoing to get up work in this? I never had any trouble with getting up on the pad, but now I have a stick and am actually pianoing I haven't managed it once?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Today I've had/faced my first ragequits in casual. Why? Who knows!
seriously, what's up with this?

Also does quitting actually preserve your record in ranked? And if so, what the gently caress Capcom?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Illinois Smith posted:

seriously, what's up with this?

Also does quitting actually preserve your record in ranked? And if so, what the gently caress Capcom?

Yeah. They've asked for people to submit videos of ragequitters and are putting in a fix in the patch. Apparently they're gonna get lp reset.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Looks more like an mk player imo

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

!Klams posted:

Apparently they're gonna get lp reset.
NOOOOOOO I'M ALMOST UP TO SUPER BRONZE

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

dangerdoom volvo posted:

So that's what Cabbagepots has been up to

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Where do I get this?
It's Umehara Fighting Gamers, a very good manga. You can find it on most scan sites and they sell the chapters pretty cheap (untranslated) on Amazon's Kindle Store if you wanna support the artist/writer

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Please, Ronnie is clearly a Smash player

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Ag Bengip posted:

Please, Ronnie is clearly a Smash player

As if. He's a white Justin Wong. He's obviously a Marvel player.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it says he plays sfv right there. do not impose your fanon over the very clear canon.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

i could buy all the other ones but white people dont play vs games

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

I read Smash is Marvel for white people! Says so in the Prima guide, it's canon

Also, just realized Long Tran (@Shady_k) contributed to the SFV Prima guide. He's a pretty legit technical guy I think

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i could buy all the other ones but white people dont play vs games

FWIW There are some more white guys lately playing Marvel 3, like Flux, Sacktap, RyanLV, Kinderparty, etc. But yeah

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Shady K also did a lot of the Ultra guide which was really good.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Ventana posted:

FWIW There are some more white guys lately playing Marvel 3, like Flux, Sacktap, RyanLV, Kinderparty, etc. But yeah

Yeah well marvel 3 is travesty so it kinda follows

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Nah, he's missing the dragon tattoo.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I caved and bought the season pass because grinding at work is still grinding (and is actually much easier)

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Yeah well marvel 3 is travesty so it kinda follows

by the standards of every vs game that isn't marvel 2 or cvs2 marvel 3 is really really good

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Scrubbed my way up to super bronze and hit 300,000 FM. where update capcom

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

man nurse posted:

Scrubbed my way up to super bronze and hit 300,000 FM. where update capcom

March (31st)

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

"March 32nd .. Wait hold on someone is calling me"

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!

Goodpart posted:

The problem is that unlike say, Chun Li, who can only stay safe with moves like EX Legs, Bison is always safe, all the time, unless he does a poorly spaced Inferno or slide. V-Reversal only keeps him out for so long, and you're forfeiting your comeback potential to do it.

Yeah, but Karin's v-reversal not only knocks down but grants her an immediate safe-jump, so that just ends Bison's safe-pressure and immediately puts him in a defensive spot.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

hiddenriverninja posted:

I caved and bought the season pass because grinding at work is still grinding (and is actually much easier)

This is an astoundingly dangerous idea that's gonna fester in my mind for the rest of my life :v:

Thanks for helping me justify video games purchases.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

hiddenriverninja posted:

deadly_pudding posted:

This is an astoundingly dangerous idea that's gonna fester in my mind for the rest of my life :v:

Thanks for helping me justify video games purchases.

Seriously what the gently caress, I rationalize a lot of stuff I do how have I never thought of this?

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Puzzle Thing posted:

Yeah, but Karin's v-reversal not only knocks down but grants her an immediate safe-jump, so that just ends Bison's safe-pressure and immediately puts him in a defensive spot.

And then he blocks three times.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Snake Eyez has won back-to-back Wednesday Night Fights with Zangief. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Voodoo posted:

Snake Eyez has won back-to-back Wednesday Night Fights with Zangief. :allears:

Good poo poo.